• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

Recently, I was asked by a customer to build up some Aero Precision M4E1 lower receivers. I was impressed by the surprising level of quality at such a price point.

So, I picked up several complete M4E1 upper and lower receiver sets. To go with them, I obtained some of the new Dark Hour Defense (aka "DHD") lower receiver parts. DHD is a subsidiary of V Seven, the guys that make the best AR' parts out there out of titanium and aluminum. DHD parts are just as well made, Ionbond DLC coated as well, but made of steel. The DHD parts are the equal in every respect, just weigh a tad more - and cost less.

In my first Aero Precision build, the really important parts in an AR' I left the same: Noveske HFCL 14.5" mid-length "Skinny" barrel; JP Enhanced Bolt, DLC coated; Vltor A5 recoil system; Young Mfg. DLC coated bolt carrier; and Surefire WarComp. I also went with the unbeatable LaRue MBT trigger, BCM MCMR forend, Geissele Maritime Latch, and Surefire WarComp, pinned & welded.
The result is a sub-six pound, hard use capable AR' that will cost over 13% less than a billet and titanium version of the identical weapon, and weigh just a few ounces more.
View attachment 7155061
nice gun. but, BEAUTIFUL P&W job. wow. The SureFire pinhole is close to the edge, takes some skill to not melt over into the shims. nice.

Reactions: MSTN
more mini's...
IMG_2675_zps8oa0deig.jpg

IMG_2676_zpskrvi0c24.jpg

IMG_2677_zpsqdftqjop.jpg

I dig it. How do you like the Whiskey Arms carrier?
the Whiskey Arms carrier is great! Really light weight, allowing you to tune your gun to use less gas and get it shooting really flat. It likes to be be run soaked in oil and I (personally) only would run it for competition use.

the Whiskey Arms carrier is great! Really light weight, allowing you to tune your gun to use less gas and get it shooting really flat. It likes to be be run soaked in oil and I (personally) only would run it for competition use.
How many rounds have you gotten out of it? Buddy of mine ran one for a couple years, I would guess well over 10k when he retired it. I think it still worked though.

I have really liked it. Able to tune it easily and it’s very effective. Also very light. I have tested a large quantity of brakes and I have settled on this one so far.
I've been around the block a few times with brakes. I was about to get an Answer when I found a deal on the Hypertap and haven't looked back. I'd still like to test it against the Answer and Ultradyne Apollo one of these days though.

I've been around the block a few times with brakes. I was about to get an Answer when I found a deal on the Hypertap and haven't looked back. I'd still like to test it against the Answer and Ultradyne Apollo one of these days though.
For shooting in general There are a ton that fit the bill. At this point for competition I am looking for something that I can tune to my exact load and get it to keep my sights dead on. The Answer, the arms light tunable and the rolling thunder have been the top 3. The answer is expensive though

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Wilson Combat trigger. Upgraded butt stock. Eotech Optic with magnifier. USMC bayonet. Streamlight 600DF light. KAC rails and VFG.

COLT SOCOM SOCOM M4A1 6920.

AR.jpg

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
22 Nosler
18 inch stainless fluted Nosler barrel
Aero Precision upper and lower
Superlative Arms adjustable gas block
Trigger Tech trigger
Vortex gen 2 PST 2-10 with one piece vortex mount
52613212-4D14-46ED-B5AC-51BD7D2C9300.jpeg
8CF62EC8-03C5-46C4-B1B6-D86909E96016.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: graydog1
My 10.5" with mk6. I'm wanting to put some money into making the gun run smoother if possible. But I don't want to sacrifice reliability at all. Any suggestions? It is just a stock psa built pistol.

Attachments

• IMG_20191030_183210680.jpg
    IMG_20191030_183210680.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 138
My 10.5" with mk6. I'm wanting to put some money into making the gun run smoother if possible. But I don't want to sacrifice reliability at all. Any suggestions? It is just a stock psa built pistol.
if you haven't done so already, figure out which buffer weight works best: std 3oz, H, H2, or H3 (5.4oz). Make sure you still have Last-Round-Bolt-Hold-Open (LRBHO) throughout your range of ammo that you intend to be using. That's one aspect of the recoil.

then, maybe a LANTAC Dragon muzzle brake/compensator. With a short barrel like that, probably don't want a brake that directs gasses rearward, like the PA M4-72, even if more effective at mitigating recoil. JMHO.

Just wondering tony.. have you come across many Cobalt Kinetics rifles at matches..?? How would you compare em to say, JP?
Never once. Which is kinda weird considering how many guys love to drop big money on whatever the latest flashiest rifle is. Lots of skeletonized F1's and Leadstars out there but no Cobalts. I've seen a few of their parts and the machining is top notch on them, and I know Keith Garcia was shooting for them a while back which should say a lot for them, but thats not always the case.

Never once. Which is kinda weird considering how many guys love to drop big money on whatever the latest flashiest rifle is. Lots of skeletonized F1's and Leadstars out there but no Cobalts. I've seen a few of their parts and the machining is top notch on them, and I know Keith Garcia was shooting for them a while back which should say a lot for them, but thats not always the case.
Bout what I figured.. their marketing looks top notch but man I aint seen many out and about at all..

How about BPM? Many folks running builds from them?
Can't say I recall seeing any. If you talk to east coast guys it sounds like they're quite common.
To be honest you don't see many factory rifles at matches, I'd guess over 80% are built by the owner or a small local gun plumber. Out of all the factory rifles you do see over half are probably JP's, some Armalites and then the last tiny fraction is made up of BCM's, ADM's and then the budget rifles new guys bring like DPMS or low end Stags, Bushmasters etc.

Only the best for me. I know, it's pathetic, but a cheap buzz. That with the McCafe coffee, I figure they deserve one another. :)
Anywho, is that one have the SOCOM medium contour barrel? Hows it shoot? You ought to throw a Daniel Defense rail on there and Surefire 3 or 4 prong to do a M4A1 Block 2 clone ;)

I should have mentioned that I had only one of a very few negative experiencs at my private gun club, members only.

So, the Steel Plate shooting crowd was out doing their weekend match and they always take five of our wonderful outdoors shooting combat pits.

I set up, first open pit, next to their first stage.

I start my M4 drills, warming up then moving over to double-taps on a torso target, I empty my last mag and turn around to find one of the steel plate shooter guys literally glaring at me. I say to him, "Good morning, something I can help you with?" He said, "That's pretty loud." And I said, "Yes, it is, ain't it great? How about you just go back to your steel target shooting?" He walked away.

Idiots.

Steel plate competitions are fun, but these morons think that because they can put a round on a large steel plate at 15 yards they are somehow shooting NINJAs. LOL.

Whatever.

I put another 600 rounds downrange fully satisfying my monthly drill standard with my AR and then went home. Enjoying the fact that I was upsetting the FUDDS.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: nikonNUT
My do everything AR15. Very much a Frankenstein rifle. She shoots.

Attachments

• 1C97664E-E120-4B57-BD74-57F6611C6979.jpeg
    1C97664E-E120-4B57-BD74-57F6611C6979.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 157