• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

This should make for a nice LMT rifle before too long. I took an old AAC Mini4 out of safe for the first time in 4-5 years, should be a good fit for the 14.5" to keep things short.

epLPu7e.jpg

uRMhumS.jpg

This should make for a nice LMT rifle before too long. I took an old AAC Mini4 out of safe for the first time in 4-5 years, should be a good fit for the 14.5" to keep things short.
You need to get that aac converted by Ecco machine and ditch that 51t mount.

You need to get that aac converted by Ecco machine and ditch that 51t mount.

I've thought about it, I have a SDN6 as well that could use it but honestly they live on one host and I have never had an issue with them so it's not high on the priority list at the moment.

New video comparing my Dead Air Sandman-S & Nomad-LT with my Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen-S on my new 10" .300 BLK build. I'm using a non-magnified EOTech 512 with the A65 "donut of death" reticle to holdover and hit a 10" steel gong at 200 yards.

Last edited:
Man, I've got good assembly and range time with everything from Aero to Noveske, LMT, and Radian...say what you will about the price, but with that reference point I'd say Roger at FCD puts out some of the most high quality components in the industry. Excellent fit and finish, super tight tolerances. The FCD Safety is undoubtedly the best I've felt.
20221104_112049~4.jpg

20221104_154808~2.jpg

Here is my latest build. Love LOVE LOVE the carbon fiber. Stays cool! Can run full mags(not clips) through it and the barrel is cool enough to grab. Just avoid the Gas tube and block, that hurts. :)

ar15s.webp

MyGuns329-scaled.webp

MyGuns333-scaled.webp

MyGuns339-scaled.webp

MyGuns341-scaled.webp

MyGuns343-scaled.webp

MyGuns351-scaled.webp

MyGuns355-scaled.webp

MyGuns363-scaled.webp

MyGuns373-scaled.webp

Last edited:
BCM 14.5" SOCOM, Aimpoint Pro in a QRP2 with SKD 1.93" riser.

Colt 6940 cut and pinned to 14.5" by Adco, NF NXS 2.5-10x42mm and a 1.54" 0moa Badger Ordinance mount.

Waiting for funds to recharge before I add an offset T2 to the 6940 and probably a Magpul bipod. Any one have better bipod recommendations for a shorty SPR?

20221022_010546.jpg

Last edited:
BCM 14.5" SOCOM, Aimpoint Pro in a QRP2 with SDK 1.93" riser.

Colt 6940 cut and pinned to 14.5" by Adco, NF NXS 2.5-10x42mm and a 1.54" 0moa Badger Ordinance mount.

Waiting for funds to recharge before I add an offset T2 to the 6940 and probably a Magpul bipod. Any one have better bipod recommendations for a shorty SPR?

View attachment 7997897
Yes… an Atlas CAL gen 2. Just get one and be happier. And maybe a longer rail to maximize the benefit of a bipod.

Yes… an Atlas CAL gen 2. Just get one and be happier. And maybe a longer rail to maximize the benefit of a bipod.
When it comes to bipods, is there a preferred attachment method between pic and MLOK (as it pertains to leaning into the buttstock/bipod for stronger bracing)?

Picatinny is probably stronger, but most people are probably adding pic to their rifle with MLOK.

Just as an aside. I don't hard load my bipod. That is a static, (dirt) flat range only thing. When shooting from most other positions you will never find a way to replicate the same hard load. And on big AR10's you're not going to load into the gun enough to defeat the recoil. It will take you for a ride.( I'm 6' 4" 230lbs) The big circular motion you create during follow thru and recovery from the recoil pushing you back, your body mass returning to it's Natural Point of Aim(NPOA), and the bolt returning forward is a lot more motion than a hard rear hold. I use the bipod as a front rest and pull the gun back into me. Between the natural weight of my head on the stock, the pressure from a rear bag, and a rearward pressure from my firing hand grip I let the recoil come straight back. Instead of pushing forward, moving back, and then moving back forward again. This is replicable on smooth concrete, more similar of a zero on bags and barricades, etc.

The next time you're at the range shoot a group with a hard bipod load, a neutral load, and a hard rear hold. At the same POA. And watch a vertical zero deviation occur.
Great info, thank you. The only experience I have with bipods is flat range with the 249. Also saw some guys mention that one of the benefits of the Atlas is that you can load the bipod because it mounts on "backwards." I figured this was done for "down range" purposes. But thinking about what you've said, it makes sense that not every scenario will allow for this.

Longer rail isn't happening unless I replace the monolithic upper... the thought has crossed my mind.

When it comes to bipods, is there a preferred attachment method between pic and MLOK (as it pertains to leaning into the buttstock/bipod for stronger bracing)?
Probably pic rail. Pic rail is stronger than the slicker methods. Like the above guy said, pull the rifle into you. I used to push into the bipod but now am splitting it 50/50 (ish). You may also experience consistency issues as described above if you hard load the bipod.

@lowlight has a great video about shooting a semi auto on Youtube or in the training section here. I recommend watching it for a better explanation and visual of what people are saying here.

Longer rail isn't happening unless I replace the monolithic upper... the thought has crossed my mind.
Ah, I did not know that. Well, at least you’ll have zero flex in the handguard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Naaman
KAC SR-30 9.5” .300 BLK, TBAC Ultra 9, Elcan 1/4x, FWS-i thermal clip-on:

View attachment 8000717

Ultralight Yote Night-Schwacker.

Are you running subs and supers through the TBAC? It needs a 762 QDC/CRS. I've been mulling over going back to the Elcan for the 14.5" recently, heavy but I have always been a fan.

Reactions: TheHorta
A new .300 BLK build utilizing a V Seven 10.25" SS barrel with proper feed ramps for this caliber (a rarity for some reason). JP FMOS bolt carrier group riding as smoothly as can be inside the STT-15L receiver set. Geissele 9.5" MK14 rail and ACH charging handle. TriggerTech Competition 3.5 LB trigger on V Seven titanium fire control pins. DHD magazine release and stainless Ionbond DLC coated push pins. STT bolt release. BCM MK2 recoil system with H0 buffer, secured in place by the novel design Fortis K2 receiver end plate and castle nut. SB Tactical pistol brace. OSS/HUXWRX flash hider (substitutions available). Magpul K2 pistol grip. Lance translucent .300 BLK magazine. Aimpoint T-2 with 39mm QD mount.

IMG_2793.jpeg
IMG_2796.jpeg
IMG_2797.jpeg
IMG_2799.jpeg

Last edited:
Forgot I had won this Rifles Only/Dead Air HAD suppressor cover back in like 2020… Found it in the safe today and decided to fit it on my Sandman-S on my 10” .300 BLK just to protect [what’s left of] the finish. Not my ideal color, but it was free, so…

But it still looks pretty good in there, IMO.

35D20909-3E28-4697-BAB5-24ABD2163471.jpeg
CDD18F3D-3A7B-4E32-B29B-52F71EA2F9EA.jpeg

12.5 home brew criterion core with superlative arms gas piston system. All groups where shot from the prone off the magazine. Factory black hills 77gr smk loaded to 556 (red box). Last group was 8 rounds because I can't count to 10 I guess when loading a magazine

Screenshot_20221015-180341_Range Buddy.jpg

Screenshot_20221016-131559_Range Buddy.jpg

Screenshot_20221016-131701_Range Buddy.jpg

Screenshot_20221016-131829_Range Buddy.jpg

Screenshot_20221021-155014_Range Buddy.jpg

Attachments

• 20221007_231738.jpg
    20221007_231738.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 109
evidently, you didn't go blind. but do you have hairy palms? :ROFLMAO:
I worked with a guy once who, when he heard that, looked down at his hands… then looks back up at us and says “I don’t think that is true…”. He was looking very bewildered… 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: rpoL98
Last edited:
Reactions: Sigmanx
BCM 14.5" SOCOM, Aimpoint Pro in a QRP2 with SDK 1.93" riser.

View attachment 7997897
Not sure why but I love those magpul rail covers. I got a fn military collector m4 and it had the knights armament covers and they made the girl a bit too thick.