• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

my long-range AR15 setup
upper: JP match upper + PRI gen3 tube+ SLR adjustable titanium gas block + WOA Bartlein 20 inch 5R 1:8-6.5 gain twist barrel + JP LMOS BCG
lower: AERO lower + JP Silent captured spring + UBR gen2 + Geisele national match trigger.
scope: zco 420
That should do it. Very nice build sir

Anybody have experience with Griffin Armament cans? How about Silencerco?

Looking at doing a M4 blk 2 style recce build w/ a few changes(eg: probably gonna go with a Centurion E-SOCOM mid gas barrel or Criterion Hybrid) and on a budget, and I'm wondering what can yall would recommend in the 500-700$ range? I'd get the Surefire if I could afford it but its a good bit outside my ability to afford it...

I have a RECCE 7 and run it on my 6.5
AR10 and a couple of AR15 never an issue, taper mount system is positive just keep the anti seize on hand.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Tossed a micro-t on top of 2.5-20. Should be nice for target acquisition, close targets, and serve as a backup if needed.
IMG_3750.jpeg

Pre-covid Aero receiver set, 15" CMT rail, Atlas CAL w/ Area 419 clamp, SF3P, 16" BCM CHF barrel with BCM midlength gas, BCM BCG, BCM Mod4 CH, SSA-E and Arken SH4 4-16

I have a 16" BA Premium Fluted coming in the mail for it. I have only function tested it with the BCM barrel so I'm not sure what it does accuracy-wise. I got the BA barrel for a good deal and I figure it should be geared more toward accuracy than the BCM barrel.
1696365080535.png

1696365096755.png

Reactions: MJF
I just finished my Taiwanese T65 clone build today, and it looks great! All of the parts on this rifle are original T65 take-offs, except for the lower receiver, barrel and maybe a few small parts. The T65's are very interesting rifles, and they actually use a piston system instead of gas impingement. It's a pretty cool 1970's vintage clone rifle!

gNX64T2.jpeg

CvTDGVC.jpeg

d3Mrrq1.jpeg

And just for fun I swapped the flash hider out with an original Colt XM177E2 moderator to see what it would look like:

TXwrrjE.jpeg

Very interesting.. and news to me. Apparently(for at least certain applications) DEVGRU has gone to Noveske 10.5" uppers over the 416D's they usually/used to run. Somewhat old news, but like I said its the first Im hearing about it...
And get this - Stainless steel barrels! Very interesting... have to wonder what ammo they prefer when using live rounds..

1697122386626.png

Last edited:
It's all done except for the lower receiver change once the Geissele gets here. These weren't the final assembly pictures, so the scope still wasn't leveled, gas block and tube weren't installed and the Surefire wasn't timed. It's all set and ready to go now though. In the pictures it looks kind of bronze/orange. I assure you in person it's a very "red clay" type of brown.

Surefire 3 Prong Warcomp
BA Premium Fluted 16" barrel w/ crosspinned gas block
Bootleg Midlength gas tube
Cross Machine 15" HDM rail
Atlas CAL w/ Area 419 clamp and Hawk Hill Talons
True North hand stop
BCM upper
BCM BCG
BCM Mod3 CH
Arken SH4 Gen2 4-16
Geissele Super Duty Lower
Geissele SSA-E
Various other Geissele lower parts
B5 SOPMOD stock

It still needs an offset RDS and a flashlight before I'll call it "complete". One day, maybe an RC2 and a Nightforce 🤞
1697209445674.png

1697209455636.png

1697209464856.png

Lightweight-ish

RCA Titanium BCG and Aero pencil upper. SA adj. gas block.
PA Nova 1-6 in ADM 1.93 mount

Aero Lower, Wilson Trigger <3 , LWCI amib switches
Ifz3U50.jpg

Reactions: antecedent
Still waiting on the Geissele lower to show up. Got this thing mostly zerod and ringing steel out to 300yds. I’m still under 100rds total on this barrel so I haven’t given too much attention to accuracy yet.
IMG_3020.jpeg

IMG_3017.jpeg

416.jpg

As some of you may remember, I had a pretty spicy encounter a while ago. Three men jumped my fence and broke into my home by shooting a 9mm through my front door. I had never thought to keep a rifle as a primary self defense weapon but circumstances changed my mind. My son is attached to Naval Land Warfare on the West coast (int officer). He got me shooting his old Daniel Defense Mark 18 with a pretty basic setup. I put close to 12k rounds through it over the last year or so and all the while was ordering parts, waiting on the ATF to approve things, ect.

I ended up buying a HK 416 upper from a Florida police department. I got an adjustable HK gas block from Atlantic Firearms. The upper came with the HK quad pic rail and iron sites. I paired it with the Daniel lower which was already registered as a SBR. The trigger is a Geissele SSA-E. We pulled the buffer tube and installed the VLTOR kit with the H2 weight buffer. The stock is my favorite Magpul, the sling is the Vickers by Blue Force Gear. After messing with a bunch of optics, my favorite is the EOTECH. The longest wait item was the HUX flow thru can.

It is heavier than the MK18 with a T1 on it but it shoots significantly better (or maybe I shoot it better). This setup is the softest shooting SBR I have ever handled and between the flow thru can and the short stroke piston, there is no gas coming back in my face.

View attachment 8253996

As some of you may remember, I had a pretty spicy encounter a while ago. Three men jumped my fence and broke into my home by shooting a 9mm through my front door. I had never thought to keep a rifle as a primary self defense weapon but circumstances changed my mind. My son is attached to Naval Land Warfare on the West coast (int officer). He got me shooting his old Daniel Defense Mark 18 with a pretty basic setup. I put close to 12k rounds through it over the last year or so and all the while was ordering parts, waiting on the ATF to approve things, ect.

I ended up buying a HK 416 upper from a Florida police department. I got an adjustable HK gas block from Atlantic Firearms. The upper came with the HK quad pic rail and iron sites. I paired it with the Daniel lower which was already registered as a SBR. The trigger is a Geissele SSA-E. We pulled the buffer tube and installed the VLTOR kit with the H2 weight buffer. The stock is my favorite Magpul, the sling is the Vickers by Blue Force Gear. After messing with a bunch of optics, my favorite is the EOTECH. The longest wait item was the HUX flow thru can.

It is heavier than the MK18 with a T1 on it but it shoots significantly better (or maybe I shoot it better). This setup is the softest shooting SBR I have ever handled and between the flow thru can and the short stroke piston, there is no gas coming back in my face.
Shoots better.. as in better groups than the Mk 18 with match ammo?

Shoots better.. as in better groups than the Mk 18 with match ammo?
I have been shooting the IMI 77 grain razor core. This particular setup is the softest shooting AR rifle I have ever handled. It feels like shooting a .22 caliber rifle. We were shooting key holes at 25, 50 and 100 yards. The EOTECH reticle just does not move off the target. It shoots better than the MK 18, shoots better than my SIG LT with an 11.5" barrel.

NF 1-8 x 24? What paint on the rattle can? More details on the build? Nice work.
2.5-10x24 NXS

NSWDG Recce Rifle:
Colt 6920 2012 era
Upper:
CLE Douglas 15.1" barrel
99167 FF RAS
CQD front sling mount
PRI GB CH
AEM5 Suppressor
Atlas BT10
Lower:
Geissele SSAE Trigger
Ergo Grip
SOPMOD stock(wears a gen 1 now)

Paint is Rustoleum Camo Khaki and Earth Brown

Some interesting reading on Crane's testing of the URGI vs M4A1..
Daniel Defense's barrels are legit dude.
Interesting that the article attributes the round count to a "mid-length" gas system, rather than manufacturing quality/technique... hmmm...:unsure:

Interesting that the article attributes the round count to a "mid-length" gas system, rather than manufacturing quality/technique... hmmm...:unsure:
Ideally I'd have wanted to see mid-length DD CHF vs mid length FN CHF vs mid length FN button vs mid length Colt button vs carbine DD CHF vs carbine FN CHF vs carbine FN button vs carbine Colt button...

Regardless, DD's barrels are exceptional(check out borescope pics on ARFCOM DD chf vs FN CHF)... and I wouldn't be surprised at all if longer gas system prolongs basically all parts life, including barrel life - my thinking here specifically is gas port further down the barrel = slower gas port erosion due to pressures/heat having decreased a bit further down the barrel. But I'd defer to the experience of a @MSTN or someone else with observation/experience of the behavior of many many rifles over years/decades.

Ideally I'd have wanted to see mid-length DD CHF vs mid length FN CHF vs mid length FN button vs mid length Colt button vs carbine DD CHF vs carbine FN CHF vs carbine FN button vs carbine Colt button...

Regardless, DD's barrels are exceptional(check out borescope pics on ARFCOM DD chf vs FN CHF)... and I wouldn't be surprised at all if longer gas system prolongs basically all parts life, including barrel life - my thinking here specifically is gas port further down the barrel = slower gas port erosion due to pressures/heat having decreased a bit further down the barrel. But I'd defer to the experience of a @MSTN or someone else with observation/experience of the behavior of many many rifles over years/decades.

Agreed.

Details on the pistol holster and the chest rig please.
I have stuff and in need of a second set up.

Have a rifle set up darn similar and love it.
Holster is from G-Code with a RTI drop pistol platform, holding a Les Baer. Chest rig by AWS with Esstac mag pouches. I had my tailor cut the harness off the chest rig and sew on a harness from ATS, as it is way less bulky so my pack rides nicely on my shoulders. She also sewed on tabs to route a hydration tube and comms wires.
Ar-15 has a Aero lower with a RISE trigger, Valtor A-5 buffer. Upper is from Compass Lake, with a 14" fluted Kreiger barrel. Nightforce NX8 1x8 on a Bobro mount.

Reactions: powdahound76
Any of my fellow clone fans know what KAC FF RAS's are going for right now?? What about URX 2 and URX 3.1's??
KAC Knights Armament Long FF RAS MK12 SR16 SR25 NSW SOCOM NAVY LMT 99167
Starting Bid
$2,199.99
Knights Armament RAS Long FF Free Float Rail Mk12 Mod 1 21318 KAC 99167
Price
$1,250.00
Is this gouging?

Fuck I recall getting these from Operation Parts for $341.04
$341.04

1 × KAC-Knight's Armament Medium FF RAS, 10 3/8"​

This product cannot be reordered because it's out of stock.

Last edited:
  • Wow
KAC Knights Armament Long FF RAS MK12 SR16 SR25 NSW SOCOM NAVY LMT 99167
Starting Bid
$2,199.99
Knights Armament RAS Long FF Free Float Rail Mk12 Mod 1 21318 KAC 99167
Price
$1,250.00
Is this gouging?

Fuck I recall getting these from Operation Parts for $341.04
$341.04

1 × KAC-Knight's Armament Medium FF RAS, 10 3/8"​

This product cannot be reordered because it's out of stock.
Good lord almighty!

1699450272672.png

Looks like I won't be doing a FF RAS Mk 18 Mod 0 or Mk 12 Mod 1 or NSW Recce clone anytime soon... holyyyyy mother Mary!

I’m so excited about my RC2 finally arriving, I wanted to share this Mk18-ish SBR I’ve pieced together over the last couple years.

Aero upper and lower, proper 10.3” barrel with enlarged port, DD rail and front iron sight, Radian CH and 45* safety selector, NiB BCG, Surefire RC2 and light with pressure pad, Rise Armament 140(I think) and some Magpul stuff. I absolutely love the look of this thing.

IMG_1682.jpeg

I’m so excited about my RC2 finally arriving, I wanted to share this Mk18-ish SBR I’ve pieced together over the last couple years.

Aero upper and lower, proper 10.3” barrel with enlarged port, DD rail and front iron sight, Radian CH and 45* safety selector, NiB BCG, Surefire RC2 and light with pressure pad, Rise Armament 140(I think) and some Magpul stuff. I absolutely love the look of this thing.

View attachment 8268932
Never seen a RIS 2 in that color

Good job on the build sir! I'd be excited as hell too bro

Reactions: darkfader
i think i need to get one of those new flow through type suppressors :unsure:

I'd like one of KAC's new 3D printed cans, maybe more so after seeing the MSRP of the new Surefire RC3. I have a AAC Mini4 as well (great shorty old school can), it resides on one of my LMT's but you've gotta get a KAC can on that Mod2/1 hybrid there.

I'd like one of KAC's new 3D printed cans, maybe more so after seeing the MSRP of the new Surefire RC3. I have a AAC Mini4 as well (great shorty old school can), it resides on one of my LMT's but you've gotta get a KAC can on that Mod2/1 hybrid there.
I own the Huxwrx flow, I have an RC3 in jail. I got to shoot the knew KAC 556 (larger, not mini) and I got to shoot the new Sig 556 flow variant. The Huxwrx moves the most gas forward in my opinion. It is also the most fragile feeling, maybe least robust. The RC3 and the Sig feel like you could use them as small clubs and beat something senseless with them. I like the KAC connect/disconnect system the best. If I was going to rank them on who moves the most gas forward it would be Hux, Sig, then KAC=Surefire. I did not notice a big difference in terms of sound behind the gun with them. I went with the RC3 because of legacy muzzle devices, military contracts and the expectation that I will never outshoot it. You could probably say the same thing for the KAC.