• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

The A5 system is awesome. I switched all my rifles to it. More reliable, less recoil impulse, easier to tune.
Agree. I built and ran a rifle with mid length gas and Vltor A5 beside My wife’s with a standard carbine buffer and rifle length gas. That was an easy deciding factor how I would set my guns up from then on. Flatter shooting and less snap in the recoil impulse. If I played with springs and weights in the carbine buffers I might could match or best it, but why when it’s so easy to just use it now.

It’s sitting at about 1 MOA with factory ELDM. Can’t recommend rainier for barrels, their QC seems to be very lacking. Two bad barrels in a row from them, one with putting on the inside, replacement barrel had a gas port not drilled through.
To bad. I have two from them that are a few years old, but that seems to be the opinion on them more now.

May the 4th be with you...

0M6A5432sml.jpg

Been awhile
Few groups off a gen 3 magpod

12.5 core
Factory black hills 262's

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230513-104340_Range Buddy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230513-104340_Range Buddy.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20230527-093620_Range Buddy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230527-093620_Range Buddy.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230527-093440_Range Buddy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230527-093440_Range Buddy.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20230527-093319_Range Buddy.jpg
    Screenshot_20230527-093319_Range Buddy.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 112
  • 20230420_125538.jpg
    20230420_125538.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: S197 and Tiribulus
@TheHorta @USMCSGT0331 and any other KAC owners - does anyone have a pic of their SR15 with the rail pulled off?

@MSTN - any experience with the Colt SOCOM profile barrels? What would you choose between Criterion CORE vs Noveske N4 vs Colt SOCOM for someone on a somewhat tight budget building a good shooting general/hard use carbine to train with from 0 out to ~500-600 with some hogs and coyotes possibly on the menu? Best low-ish cost rail option? I love the look of the URX 3.1 but they're pretty spendy and not all of us have KAC baller money like @TheHorta and @TheGerman ..
But I wish I did! KAC is so legit man

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHorta
@TheHorta and any other KAC owners - does anyone have a pic of their SR15 with the rail pulled off?

@MSTN - any experience with the Colt SOCOM profile barrels? What would you choose between Criterion CORE vs Noveske N4 vs Colt SOCOM for someone on a somewhat tight budget building a good shooting general/hard use carbine to train with from 0 out to ~500-600 with some hogs and coyotes possibly on the menu? Best low-ish cost rail option? I love the look of the URX 3.1 but they're pretty spendy and not all of us have KAC baller money like @TheHorta and @TheGerman ..

Sadly, I’m too inept to do my own gunsmithing, so others do it for me. I own all the tools to do it, but I have an unbroken chain of carnage when I attempt to do even the most simple tasks myself.

Reactions: brightt
@TheHorta @USMCSGT0331 and any other KAC owners - does anyone have a pic of their SR15 with the rail pulled off?

Molon has some data on the Colt SOCOM barrels you can find around here somewhere.

Lots of info out there about the benefits of the SOCOM barrel. From what I've read, the only "downside" is the added weight (5 oz).

If I were going to get one, I'd go with Centurion Arms. They also have a midweight barrel that I like. They offer an 'improved" SOCOM barrel that has a mid-length gas system, as well (but if you're worried about the weight, check out the midweight barrels).

The most budget friendly option I would be willing to buy would be the BCM SOCOM upper. Comes w/FSB but no handguard (you can order it with one of their polymer HGs, though).

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite designs, both to build and to shoot. The heart of the weapon is its Noveske double chrome lined, hammer forged "Skinny" profile 14.5" barrel with mid-length gas system. A V Seven titanium Furion muzzle brake is pinned and welded to provide a 16+" length barrel. The naked barrel without gas block weighs just 20.5 ounces - same as a 10.5" Noveske Despite its amazingly light weight, this barrel is capable of sub-MOA accuracy with match grade ammo. And, if you're a shooter, it's not going to wear out or go soft when hot like those super-skinny lightweight stainless barrels out there. The feed ramps are contoured and polished to ensure consistent and flawless feeding. The JP Enhanced Bolt, Ionbond DLC coated, is fitted at 1.4666". The very attractive Cerakote Black finished V Seven Enhanced Ultralight receiver set and 13.5" Enlightened forend (with titanium barrel nut) weigh in at 13.1 and 8.6 ounces, respectively. The SLR titanium adjustable gas block handles gas metering flawlessly. The lightweight hard chromed Young Manufacturing SuperLite Bolt Carrier (sadly, now made of unobtanium) runs so smoothly with the BCM MK II recoil system with H0 weight buffer. A Geissele ACH charging handle comes to hand readily. The push pins, fire control pins, magazine release, grip screw, and buffer stop are all V Seven titanium. An S7 tool steel V Seven bolt catch is also utilized. The TriggerTech Competition Trigger, breaking at an amazingly crisp 3.5 LB handles the fire control function like no other. I went to Magpul for the SLR pistol grip and 20-RD magazine. The MFT buttstock is a favorite of mine, both for its light weight and effective design. This combination of components produces a 4 LB 14.5 OZ carbine that you can run hard with superb reliability and depend on for precision application.

IMG_3488.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3490.jpg
IMG_3488.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_3490.jpg
IMG_3491.jpg
IMG_3492.jpg
IMG_3495.jpg

This is one of my favorite designs, both to build and to shoot. The heart of the weapon is its Noveske double chrome lined, hammer forged "Skinny" profile 14.5" barrel with mid-length gas system. A V Seven titanium Furion muzzle brake is pinned and welded to provide a 16+" length barrel. The naked barrel without gas block weighs just 20.5 ounces - same as a 10.5" Noveske Despite its amazingly light weight, this barrel is capable of sub-MOA accuracy with match grade ammo. And, if you're a shooter, it's not going to wear out or go soft when hot like those super-skinny lightweight stainless barrels out there. The feed ramps are contoured and polished to ensure consistent and flawless feeding. The JP Enhanced Bolt, Ionbond DLC coated, is fitted at 1.4666". The very attractive Cerakote Black finished V Seven Enhanced Ultralight receiver set and 13.5" Enlightened forend (with titanium barrel nut) weigh in at 13.1 and 8.6 ounces, respectively. The SLR titanium adjustable gas block handles gas metering flawlessly. The lightweight hard chromed Young Manufacturing SuperLite Bolt Carrier (sadly, now made of unobtanium) runs so smoothly with the BCM MK II recoil system with H0 weight buffer. A Geissele ACH charging handle comes to hand readily. The push pins, fire control pins, magazine release, grip screw, and buffer stop are all V Seven titanium. An S7 tool steel V Seven bolt catch is also utilized. The TriggerTech Competition Trigger, breaking at an amazingly crisp 3.5 LB handles the fire control function like no other. I went to Magpul for the SLR pistol grip and 20-RD magazine. The MFT buttstock is a favorite of mine, both for its light weight and effective design. This combination of components produces a 4 LB 14.5 OZ carbine that you can run hard with superb reliability and depend on for precision application.

View attachment 8160922View attachment 8160926View attachment 8160928 View attachment 8160922View attachment 8160926View attachment 8160928View attachment 8160929View attachment 8160930View attachment 8160931

How well does an aggressive Titanium brake hold up over time after thousands of rounds? Would be my only concern to pinning one. Otherwise, looks schweet!

Reactions: msgriff and MSTN
I haven't fired my own much like this with identical brake enough to see any wear. But, your point is quite valid. Titanium will erode much more readily than steel. I've even seen SS brakes shot out. That guy shot so much his retina detached, though.

When we go super lightweight - in anything - firearms, backpacking gear, auto wheels - we are making compromises. This rifle is most definitely a compromise. The trick is to make the best choice for your intended application.

Or, just buy a bunch of cool gear and wait for the right application!

16” JP.

Even with crappy 55 gr pmc the thing is lights out. Wish I’d come to the brand sooner

Attachments

• IMG_2091.jpeg
    IMG_2091.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2090.jpeg
    IMG_2090.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2092.jpeg
    IMG_2092.jpeg
    402.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
Built over the last 7 years and I'm finally considering it done, minus a few minor parts.

Lower:
CY6 receiver, mil spec parts kit, larue MBT trigger, spikes tactical buffer and spring, MFT stock, magpul k grip, bad lever.

Upper:
Aero receiver, failzero bcg, 14.5 faxon pencil barrel, pinned SOLGW Nox, midwest industries G4 13.375" handguard, BCM charging handle, deadair sandman s, modlight plh-v2 on a mod button, bcm vertical grip.

Optics:
PA 1-6 GLX in an Aero ultra light mount with an aimpoint t2 on a larue Piggyback. Magpul MBUS.

10# 2oz. Eventually I'll put a sprinco blue spring and a heavier buffer in to tune it a little better and get a light bar from trex to push the light out a little more.

20230727_065959.jpg

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Sounds like a big downgrade..
Can't use the Razor with NVGs. Would have to add a dot anyway. That was a non-E Razor so the roughly 27oz up top plus scope mount was unbalancing the rifle pretty badly. Not to mention I've had 3 Razors and can't get over the meh reticule options. Tried the MRAD one in a PSTII 1-6 and didn't like that either.

LPVO's are just full of compromises and for my AO, an ACOG is plenty unless I'm shooting groups, which I have other optics on QD mounts for. ACOG would give me a set and leave it option that's light, simple and durable.

View attachment 8191336View attachment 8191337

I've since sold the Razor 1-6 (Non-E, weight sucked). Can't decide on what to replace it with. Considering a 3.5x35 LED ACOG w/RMR
If you’re still interested in a LVPO take a look at the Primary Arms Plx 1-8 c version. It’s less than 17 onces. I will say the biggest problem with the Plx is that it is not in stock that often and you have to back order it if you want one.

If you’re still interested in a LVPO take a look at the Primary Arms Plx 1-8 c version. It’s less than 17 onces. I will say the biggest problem with the Plx is that it is not in stock that often and you have to back order it if you want one.

I was waiting for that optic for years but the illumination really kills it IMO. I don't get why more OEMs aren't using the dual focal plane idea for illumination that March, S&B, Burris and I think the Mark 6 used/tried. Seems like the best solution for getting super bright center illum on an FFP.

I was waiting for that optic for years but the illumination really kills it IMO. I don't get why more OEMs aren't using the dual focal plane idea for illumination that March, S&B, Burris and I think the Mark 6 used/tried. Seems like the best solution for getting super bright center illum on an FFP.
I think it probably comes down to cost. I run a red dot at the 12 o'clock position so I don't need it to be day light bright. Also, I went with the Griffin Mil reticle and not the BDC.

I think it probably comes down to cost. I run a red dot at the 12 o'clock position so I don't need it to be day light bright. Also, I went with the Griffin Mil reticle and not the BDC.
I've had a few PA optics and I do think they make good stuff for the price. Last optic I had was their GLx 1-6 but I ended up returning it due to the weird ass eyebox and the image would get fucky if your eye wasn't aligned perfectly.

I may just snag an EXPS for now since I plan on putting one on a Mk18 upper at some point. Otherwise, I'll have to save my pennies to get an ACOG RMR setup.

I've had a few PA optics and I do think they make good stuff for the price. Last optic I had was their GLx 1-6 but I ended up returning it due to the weird ass eyebox and the image would get fucky if your eye wasn't aligned perfectly.

I may just snag an EXPS for now since I plan on putting one on a Mk18 upper at some point. Otherwise, I'll have to save my pennies to get an ACOG RMR setup.
I think either you got a lemon or I just got lucky. The eye box in my glx 1-6 is very forgiving even in 6x. Although it is the most expensive scope I've ever owned so I may not have the perspective of what a razor looks like.

I think either you got a lemon or I just got lucky. The eye box in my glx 1-6 is very forgiving even in 6x. Although it is the most expensive scope I've ever owned so I may not have the perspective of what a razor looks like.
I found it to be super jank. Very hard to get behind compared to even the PA SLx optics I tried in the past. I've had Razors, PLx 1-8, PST IIs, SLxs, Leupold Patrols etc.

I almost almost ordered another Glx because you can snag one for like $350 with discount code right now, but meh.

Just a heads up on the EXPS2

BTW, if your a vet or mil right now and are signed up for govx you get more of a discount on primary arms.

Reactions: Charmingmander
Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, due to a long story I never was able to serve outside of BMT (thanks for nothing surgeon), so I don't get a discount. I do want an EXPS3 model which EuroOptic seems to have the best deals on at this time.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
EuroOptic are great to deal with too.
For sure. I did see someone mention they give discounts if you give them a call and let them know you're a member here so I'm considering chatting them up about one of the demo EXPS3s they have in stock and seeing if they will drop the price a bit more for me lol

For sure. I did see someone mention they give discounts if you give them a call and let them know you're a member here so I'm considering chatting them up about one of the demo EXPS3s they have in stock and seeing if they will drop the price a bit more for me lol
I have purchased demo stuff from them and it always comes as BNIB. I think they may do that to get around MAP pricing.

Reactions: Charmingmander