• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

Seems it works and it's not so picky...
What can be done at 1000 yards ....will see...
IMG_20200603_025725.jpg

Reactions: Strangedays
Radian Weapons 223 Wylde w/ 16" Proof carbon barrel

Attachments

• B1A111FC-9D09-417F-84BA-E47DFABAA9DE_1_201_a.jpeg
    B1A111FC-9D09-417F-84BA-E47DFABAA9DE_1_201_a.jpeg
    727.2 KB · Views: 103
  • DA9C2696-876A-4403-93AA-3072D7E9366D_1_201_a.jpeg
    DA9C2696-876A-4403-93AA-3072D7E9366D_1_201_a.jpeg
    747.4 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: antecedent
At the 2020 SHOT Show, Battle Arms Development introduced their new "Monolithic PDW Lower Receiver + VERT® Pistol Brace with Tailhook MOD1". I finally was able to lay my hands on this creation, and I really like it. (More ordered!) This may just be the ultimate "pistol" lower receiver. The Tailhook Mod 1 found here works much better than the slightly-too-short BAD PDW stock for me. This lower costs a tad more, sure, than the standard PDW version, but you save the $200 transfer fee on an SBR. Besides, this is a "pistol", and you can carry it legally in a Free State as you would any other pistol. Let's take a look at some of the components that went into this build. Note right away the V Seven fluted 10.25" .300 Blackout SS barrel, coated Black, tucked away inside the BAD 9.5" "RigidRail" forend. With a SF WarComp out front, it is ready for either suppressed or unsuppressed applications. The bolt carrier group is the JP FMOS with DLC coated bolt, well known to be one of the very finest. The trigger is my current favorite, the TriggerTech Adaptable Flat Trigger, adjustable from 2.0 to 5.0 LB. There's a set of BAD push pins plus their proprietary billet bolt catch found here, as well as titanium V Seven ambi safety, mag release, and fire control pins, plus aluminum ejection port cover and pivot rod. The recoil system is BAD's proprietary set up for the PDW lower, with a special recoil spring for handling the .300 Blackout cartridge. The charging handle is the Geissele SCH Airbrne, in keeping with the weapon's ambi theme. A Magpul Pmag especially engineered for the .300 BLK cartridge is stuffed in the mag well. My favorite RDS is on top, the Aimpoint T-2, here shown with an Aimpoint 39mm throw lever mount. Just a few ounces over five pounds with the Aimpoint.

IMG_8799.jpeg
IMG_8800.jpeg
IMG_8801.jpeg
IMG_8804.jpg
IMG_8805.jpg
IMG_8806.jpg
IMG_8808.jpeg
IMG_8810.jpeg

At the 2020 SHOT Show, Battle Arms Development introduced their new "Monolithic PDW Lower Receiver + VERT® Pistol Brace with Tailhook MOD1". I finally was able to lay my hands on this creation, and I really like it. (More ordered!) This may just be the ultimate "pistol" lower receiver. The Tailhook Mod 1 found here works much better than the slightly-too-short BAD PDW stock for me. This lower costs a tad more, sure, than the standard PDW version, but you save the $200 transfer fee on an SBR. Besides, this is a "pistol", and you can carry it legally in a Free State as you would any other pistol. Let's take a look at some of the components that went into this build. Note right away the V Seven fluted 10.25" .300 Blackout SS barrel, coated Black, tucked away inside the BAD 9.5" "RigidRail" forend. With a SF WarComp out front, it is ready for either suppressed or unsuppressed applications. The bolt carrier group is the JP FMOS with DLC coated bolt, well known to be one of the very finest. The trigger is my current favorite, the TriggerTech Adaptable Flat Trigger, adjustable from 2.0 to 5.0 LB. There's a set of BAD push pins plus their proprietary billet bolt catch found here, as well as titanium V Seven ambi safety, mag release, and fire control pins, plus aluminum ejection port cover and pivot rod. The recoil system is BAD's proprietary set up for the PDW lower, with a special recoil spring for handling the .300 Blackout cartridge. The charging handle is the Geissele SCH Airbrne, in keeping with the weapon's ambi theme. A Magpul Pmag especially engineered for the .300 BLK cartridge is stuffed in the mag well. My favorite RDS is on top, the Aimpoint T-2, here shown with an Aimpoint 39mm throw lever mount. Just a few ounces over five pounds with the Aimpoint.

View attachment 7351549View attachment 7351550View attachment 7351551View attachment 7351552View attachment 7351553View attachment 7351555View attachment 7351556View attachment 7351557
I hate you, I say as I'm tracking down the Carbon brace....lol. Great setup.

Reactions: MSTN and JS8588
20200615_181039.jpg

Just finished assembling a "bump in the night build". Would have been done a while ago but had to swap in a different handguard, barrel, & stock to lighten it up a bit so it's easier for my wife to use should the need arise. As you see it now it's 5 1/2 lbs according to the bathroom scale.

Still needs a sling (will be a Proctor sling), light (still debating what to put on it...feel free to make suggestions), and I need to set a few $ aside for an MRO green dot, but as it is, should be fully functional (wonder if the ranges are open, yet...)

Build list:
Rainier Arms Flash Hider
Midwest Industries CRLW 15 inch Handguard
Sionics Lightweight Chrome Lined Barrel
V7 Titanium Ionbond .625 Gas Block
Samson HK Style Front Sight
Bootleg Mid-length Nitrided Gas Tube
Aero Precision M4E1 Upper
Strike Industries Dust Cover
RRA Stand Alone Rear Sight
Forward Controls Titanium Ionbond Forward Assist
POF Strike Eagle Charging Handle
Daniel Defense Chrome BCG
Lantac A1 Carbon Fiber Stock
White Oak Armament Rifle Buffer Tube
Damage Industries Chrome Silicon Buffer Spring
223 Handguard Rifle Buffer
Hexmag Grip
Radian Talon Ambi 45° Safety
Velocity Steel Case Trigger
KNS Trigger/Hammer Anti Walk/Rotation Pins
PWS Ambi Lower
V7 Titanium Ionbond Mag Catch
JP Enterprises Microfit Takedown/Pivot Pins

P_20200621_183018.jpg

11,5" barrel, 2-7 Redfield optics, Hogue stock&grip, CMC trigger. Basically a 60 shot flashbang.

The only thing on my wish list for this setup is an upper receiver without a forward assist. Being a lefty, racking can be a bit annoying.

Alex, how do you like the Khales Glass for .223/5.56?
As a someone who used S&B exclusively in a peace and not so peaceful times and this is my first K I can say it is really really good. For AR is exceptional ..... Enough FoV (I don't said plenty I said more than enough ), optically nice, easy of getting npoa great, mechanical precise and clicks are tactile and dense perfectly . Since that I'm not a magnification whore and I dealt with respectable distances with much larger caliber always dancing in the range of 12-18x this one works well. Will try it on 6.5 Victrix armament as well. For this particular rifle as a low mid range platform that's it (not selling a kidney for TT)..... maybe I like it even more than S&B of the same range ...... SKMR3 works very well as a reticle .....One opton as well ..... cranck ilumination to max during the daytame and use it as at low magnification (3-5) as a main scope. Triangle makes nice more than reasonable -aiming tool

Those are Griffin Armament FailSafe sights. I've had them for years and at the moment the only set of offset irons that I have that play nice with the MUR receiver. I like the looks of the UltraDyne sights but I'm not willing to take the chance on them and then have them not fit.

Reactions: PBWalsh
I also have a Vltor MUR, what makes some work and some sights not? I assume the forward assist?

The size and slope of the forward assist doesn't play well with some designs that have a protruding windage knob. I tried to run my usual Magpul Pro Offsets on it but there was a section of the sight near the windage knob that interfered. The scope is so big though that it cuts the FOV considerably when using the offsets so I'm considering going to a piggy backed red dot.

Reactions: PBWalsh
Thanks.
Im going 15” and 16” barrel.
May regret it at some point, but I think it will look good.

I like the SPR look best of all ARs. The MK12 mod0 got me going and is still my favorite look.

Reactions: JS8588
I have two set ups with 15" handguards on 16" barrels but neither one is really a precision build. My recce and spr both run 13's because i can actually reach shit and I'm able to attach my magnetospeed sporter. Funny thing is that on my 15's the only thing i run at the end are the irons.

Reactions: JS8588
I will have to figure out my magnetospeed.....

Oh well..... Something more to mess around with an not worry about other crap. Gun work never feels like work. 😁

Mine will have irons and occasional bipod for pdog shootin.

Swapped from 22 Nosler to 223 on this gun. First ten rounds were pretty good. Maybe get out Friday and see how it does from 2-600.
CEE6BF38-58A0-4C2D-9DA6-27049C41FCE1.jpeg

As light as you can go - 5.75 pounds - and still shoot to 1000 yards???

Here we have a Proof Research CFW 18" 6.5 Grendel barrel living inside a Battle Arms Development (aka BAD) 556-LW billet receiver set and 13.7" RigidRail, both done up in Tungsten Cerakote. An SLR adjustable gas block, V7 titanium Furion brake, V7 titanium trap door, Geissele Super Charging Handle, JP FMOS bolt carrier group complete the upper receiver.

The lower receiver has a VZ G10 grip, Vltor A5 recoil system and TriggerTech 3.5 LB competition trigger, and, as you can plainly see, one of everything V7 offers in raw titanium. The Ti bolt release is, however, also from BAD.

This one is sold, but I do have another barrel ....
IMG_8856.jpeg
IMG_8857.jpeg
IMG_8859.jpeg
IMG_8860.jpeg
IMG_8861.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

Here's a brand new, 4.75 pound .300 Blackout pistol built with 100% solid, name brand, reliable components from one end to the other. No shortcuts taken anywhere. Aero Precision M4E1 upper and lower; V Seven 8.25" SS barrel (V Seven .300 BLK barrels have .30 caliber feed ramps. Do anyone else's BLK barrels have that?!?); feed ramps contoured and polished; Troy Claymore muzzle device; BCM 8" MCMR rail; BCM 3B Gunfighter charging handle; LMT semi bolt carrier group, with proof round tested, MP-inspected bolt; DHD SS push pins and safety selector, DLC coated; BAD magazine release with V Seven titanium magazine button; Geissele Maritime bolt release; LaRue MBT2 trigger (3.5 LB two-stage); Magpul MOE K2 pistol grip; SBA3 tactical brace; V Seven teflon coated recoil spring and H buffer; DHD steel QD receiver end plate and castle nut; Magpul 30-RD .300 Blackout magazine.

IMG_8867.jpeg
IMG_8868.jpeg
IMG_8871.jpeg
IMG_8872.jpeg
IMG_8873.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8875.jpeg
    IMG_8875.jpeg
    764.4 KB · Views: 54
  • MSTN logo-lg.jpg
    MSTN logo-lg.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8869.jpeg
    IMG_8869.jpeg
    755.4 KB · Views: 61
  • MSTN logo-lg.jpg
    MSTN logo-lg.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 64
Best quality components always produce best quality results. These are all best quality parts: Battle Arms Development (aka "BAD") 556-LW billet receiver set combined with BAD-CSS-P VERT Pistol Brace System complete with Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1.... no finer pistol brace in the world! Criterion Core 10.5" chrome lined barrel with Wylde chamber and SLR adjustable gas block. Feed ramps contoured and polished. Headspace checked with PTG gauges. BAD 9.5" RigidRail forend. Surefire 5.56 WarComp. Geissele Airborne Super Charging Handle. MSTN DLC coated bolt carrier group with Young Mfg. bolt carrier and JP enhanced bolt. TriggerTech 3.5 LB competitive trigger on V Seven titanium fire control pins. BAD EBC Enhanced Bolt Catch. BAD mag release with BAD extended magazine button. DHD DLC coated SS push pins and short throw safety. Magpul MOE K2 pistol grip and 30-RD magazine. Weight 5 LB 9 OZ.

IMG_8918.jpeg
IMG_8917.jpeg
IMG_8916.jpeg
IMG_8919.jpeg
IMG_8920.jpg
IMG_8921.jpeg
IMG_8923.jpeg
IMG_8915.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

Last edited:
@MSTN

Why do you prefer the Tailhook over the SBA-3? Planning a pistol in the future at some point and am currently set on the SBA-3.

Best quality components always produce best quality results. These are all best quality parts: Battle Arms Development (aka "BAD") 556-LW billet receiver set combined with BAD-CSS-P VERT Pistol Brace System complete with Gear Head Works Tailhook Mod 1.... no finer pistol brace in the world! Criterion Core 10.5" chrome lined barrel with Wylde chamber and SLR adjustable gas block. Feed ramps contoured and polished. Headspace checked with PTG gauges. BAD 9.5" RigidRail forend. Surefire 5.56 WarComp. Geissele Airborne Super Charging Handle. MSTN DLC coated bolt carrier group with Young Mfg. bolt carrier and JP enhanced bolt. TriggerTech 3.5 LB competitive trigger on V Seven titanium fire control pins. BAD EBC Enhanced Bolt Catch. BAD mag release with BAD extended magazine button. DHD DLC coated SS push pins and short throw safety. Magpul MOE K2 pistol grip and .300 Blackout 30-RD magazine. Weight 5 LB 9 OZ

LOL...sudden'y I feel so inadequate. :rolleyes:

1596293605168.png
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: MSTN
I do also like the SBA3 and use it often in custom pistol builds. It is light in weight and reasonably priced. My only issue with it is the toe of the SBA3 stock seems to become more pliable with regular use. This for me presents a problem.

There's a heavier replacement strap that may help solve that issue:

http://wisemencompany.com/sba3-splitfix/

The Gear Head Works brace is as rigid as any normal buttstock. It also has a slightly longer drop at the toe, too, than other braces, which I personally like for my own man/machine interface.

My newest, and my new go to rifle for anything.
8lb 5oz with no mag. The ADM TA31 mount is very nice as it allows me proper eye relief without sacrificing ergonomics. Looks kinda silly, but it works out great for my body. Just waiting on my Cloud Defense LCS to ship now.

Vltor MUR upper, BCM ELW 16” barrel, BCM MCMR 13” handguard, BCM gas block, BCM BCG, Geissele ACH, Aero lower, Larue MBT-2S Flat trigger, SOLGW lpk, Radian 45* ambi safety, BCM furniture (skateboard tape on the pistol grip), Geissele 5-Axis trigger guard, Vltor A5 buffer system, SF M600DF, Magpul Pro LR buis set, BFG VTAC padded sling on QDs, and an A2 flash hider until I can get a SF Warcomp in. Plan on picking up a SF Suppressor in 2021. Might add an offset RMR at some point, but today found the BAC method to work good with the objective lens closed. Need to test it more though.

Really happy with this rifle so far. Only thing to do now is burn this barrel out.

5280A583-374E-4AE2-92D9-622996828421.jpeg