• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

one-one_cr.jpg

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Exactly what I said. I contoured and then polished the feed ramps. The M855A1 "steps" are now contoured and polished, making feeding much smoother.

I didn't mention anything about adding a steel insert. The barrel extension is already made of quality steel, as hard as woodpecker lips, too.

I'm referring to the barrel extension feed ramps. Please re-read my reply, above. My reply was not meant to be other than factual. I'm sorry you were offended.

I got the term some time back from Noveske Rifleworks description of the feed ramps that now come on their FN-produced chrome lined barrels. Perhaps it is erroneous. Strangely, those same "stepped" feed ramps showed up on just one of two 18" Proof CF 6mmARC barrels that came in last week.

What's that butt stock?
Sorry to dig up old post
Going LIGHT WEIGHT here!!! A mere 4 Lb 15 OZ precision capable blaster that can do anything. Noveske 14.5” HFCL “Skinny” barrel with SLR adjustable gas block and titanium Furion brake expertly pinned and welded by Matt McLearn. Feed ramps contoured and polished as usual. JP bolt fitted at 1.4656”. Young Manufacturing SuperLite bolt carrier Ionbond DLC coated along with other internals. Battle Arms Development 556-LW billet receiver set and 13.7” RigidRail. BCM Gunfighter 3B charging handle. JP SCS recoil system. TriggerTech adjustable straight trigger breaking at 2.75 LB. V7 titanium and aluminum goodness throughout. Needs a caring home.

View attachment 7290195View attachment 7290195View attachment 7290196View attachment 7290198View attachment 7290199View attachment 7290201View attachment 7290203View attachment 7290204View attachment 7290205

@MSTN @THEIS and all my fellow hide brethren!
Feast your eyes upon the Haenel CR223(Bundeswehr’s replacement for the HK416!!) ! One of the VERY FEW in CONUS!
And yours truly just happened to stumble upon it while getting a red dot put on my G45 at a little hole in the wall gunshop. It was their last one left! Needless to say I bought it soon as I laid eyes on the mfckr!

Attachments

• 2F257540-72FF-4773-9D72-259BEA0807DD.jpeg
    2F257540-72FF-4773-9D72-259BEA0807DD.jpeg
    519.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 354A550A-3D7F-4DA8-BBFB-110B547C01AC.jpeg
    354A550A-3D7F-4DA8-BBFB-110B547C01AC.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 184
  • CD0DF45D-A613-4339-ADEC-FE38367C74A7.jpeg
    CD0DF45D-A613-4339-ADEC-FE38367C74A7.jpeg
    421.4 KB · Views: 169
  • AEFE0011-4304-4EF7-A1C9-D91205C0AC9A.jpeg
    AEFE0011-4304-4EF7-A1C9-D91205C0AC9A.jpeg
    509.9 KB · Views: 183
11.5 SBR is finally complete with the SD-3G added. Now, just waiting sandman S, that's been pending 311 days...

View attachment 7786028
That full Modlite-tard setup is giving me a chub. I ordered the same setup, only in FDE "tan-o-dized" a few days ago for my FDE 10.5". DS00 TC and LightWing included. More pics bro, I need to live vicariously thru pics for a few days.. Ha!

Well sorted stick, love it.

ETA: I feel your pain. My Turbo-K v2 is now over 10 months. It's not like they don't know me.. I've already got 11 stamps.

Last edited:
Reactions: IWillNotComply
10.5" 5.56

Older config

2v2HsVyDnx9T3R.jpg

As it sits now.. Waiting on all my Modlite stuff, and YHM Turbo-K v2. Using Griffin Plan A setup

2v2aT1rajx9T3R.jpg
I see there is a "look through" hole in the optic mount (seems a little small, though). Does that give access to the irons for a proper sight picture? Or do you have to remove the mount/optic to use the irons?

I see there is a "look through" hole in the optic mount (seems a little small, though). Does that give access to the irons for a proper sight picture? Or do you have to remove the mount/optic to use the irons?
The Unity Fast RD mounts come with built in irons in that window. But you can remove all that garb and the Scalarworks irons (or any, for that matter) do indeed work as they should without issue. I've got 3 SBR builds setup like this. It's a great config for this old fart. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Naaman
New blaster for a repeat customer: SanTan STT-15 billet receiver set; 14.5" Noveske HFCL barrel with pinned SF WarComp; Geissele MK16 rail; Geissele JP FMOS bolt carrier group; Geissele SCH; TriggerTech Adaptable model trigger set at 3 LB; Vltor A5 recoil system; Kahles K16i with SM1 reticle in Scalarworks LEAP 07 mount; the usual Magpul plastic. I hate to see it go....

RenderedImage.jpeg
66405098766__7AA84FB2-492B-400A-B284-D7FB66722FC1.jpeg

Haha well, modlite is sending me a new modbutton, should be here Monday. So it's great, but does have some potential bugs. Mine would cause the light to come on without touching it, and not go off unless I unplugged it. They have some battery sensors in there or something, and I guess mine screwed up... but modlite customer service thru email was great and sent me a new mod button immediately no questions asks. So keep an eye out for that, but it's rare.

For the 300 blk MK18-ish, I went with the cloud rein micro. Primarily due to cost, as I found it for a steal @ $245 all in for everything on Landos, and figured I would give it a shot and compare. Very solid output, warmer color, but even the micro is a chunky boy.
That full Modlite-tard setup is giving me a chub. I ordered the same setup, only in FDE "tan-o-dized" a few days ago for my FDE 10.5". DS00 TC and LightWing included. More pics bro, I need to live vicariously thru pics for a few days.. Ha!

Well sorted stick, love it.

ETA: I feel your pain. My Turbo-K v2 is now over 10 months. It's not like they don't know me.. I've already got 11 stamps.

Attachments

• 20220116_132932.jpg
    20220116_132932.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 112
Reactions: MackDaddy1962
Haha well, modlite is sending me a new modbutton, should be here Monday. So it's great, but does have some potential bugs. Mine would cause the light to come on without touching it, and not go off unless I unplugged it. They have some battery sensors in there or something, and I guess mine screwed up... but modlite customer service thru email was great and sent me a new mod button immediately no questions asks. So keep an eye out for that, but it's rare.

For the 300 blk MK18-ish, I went with the cloud rein micro. Primarily due to cost, as I found it for a steal @ $245 all in for everything on Landos, and figured I would give it a shot and compare. Very solid output, warmer color, but even the micro is a chunky boy.
Nice. Thanks for the pic! I'm not hip on hearing the modbutton issue, but we shall see. Now if USPS would quit sending my order all over the country to wrong locations. Should have been in hand on Friday. Sometimes, I wonder about those folks...

@MSTN have you gotten the chance to handle/shoot a Haenel CR223/556? I picked it up soon as I saw because as I understand it; the Haenel beat the HK416A5(and HK 433?) in trials to become the Bundeswehr's newest assault rifle..?
(I haven't gotten the background check cleared yet unfortunately, but no biggie it took ~2 weeks when I got the Glock G45 recently..)
As I understand it, the CR223 uses the same barrel, same everything as what the troops are getting, whereas the MR556 has a different barrel and a few other parts that aint German "mil-spec". The CR223 is also a bit cheaper than the MR556 comparing new vs new I believe.. even if it aint - the fact that I got the CR223 in 10.5" w/out having to chop the barrel, etc just adds icing to the cake.

Otherwise, the CR223 is basically just Haenel's (Improved??) version of the HK416A5 pretty much. Short stroke piston operated 10.5" chrome lined CHF barrel, top notch fit/construction/components for a combat rifle(obviously aint talking about a @MSTN type build with every single piece selected for utmost quality/performance ie matched billet receivers + Krieger/Proof/Bartlein precision cut rifled barrel with JP internals). The trigger also feels a good bit better and crisper than a standard US mil spec trigger.

I have yet to see one in person. I've read about them and drooled over the few I've seen on Gunbroker. They look very nice, indeed.
Where you located? If you’re in the area near ATL anytime soon, let me know! I’ll let you shoot it if you provide the ammo!

@MSTN @THEIS and all my fellow hide brethren!
Feast your eyes upon the Haenel CR223(Bundeswehr’s replacement for the HK416!!) ! One of the VERY FEW in CONUS!
And yours truly just happened to stumble upon it while getting a red dot put on my G45 at a little hole in the wall gunshop. It was their last one left! Needless to say I bought it soon as I laid eyes on the mfckr!
This is the first one I’ve seen in ddc. how much did the ask for the one in ddc?

20220211_202634.jpg

So last week I got the call that my first Can Stamp was in. 330 days or so. The same day, I got a call from a dealer, that the KAC CQB wait-list I signed up for a year ago, was fulfilled, and I now have my first Knights (upper only) arriving this Wednesday.. crazy good fortune for once! So now, I am ditching the super duty (just sold it last night) for the KAC. Well, here's the can on the now gone upper. Anyone have a lead on a Knight stick I can borrow for a day 😜?need to swap the MD.

It's all bendy in the middle. Factory-build Noveske 6.8 SPC Diplomat with 7.5" barrel. I've been running a Law Tactical folding adapter since they first came out, but I definitely like the Gen 3 over the clunky original Gen 1 versions. Over the years it has gotten minor upgrades as light, optic or rail technology has improved, but the core gun is still John. It has been very reliable and I will run it in a carbine course every once in awhile.

diplomat05a.jpg

This one is a solid performer. Colt 6920 that has gone through a few iterations. The Colt 6920 barrels are tanks as far as longevity and durability but barrel tech is so good now, why just have one? I put a Wilson Combat 16" mid-length barrel on it (Wilson had them on sale). The barrel is vastly more accurate than the original factory barrel and partners well with the Kahles 1-8 scope.

colt6920d.jpg

Just finished and function tested. 18” 1-7 5.56 Ballistic Advance SPR, Kaw gas block, Aero upper, 17 Design lower, Toolcraft Bcg, Radian charging handle, ALG trigger, BCM stock, Magpul grip, and Stngr handgaurd. Planing on running a Vortex pst 1-6 on her.
92EA7CA4-689E-4AD3-B18E-1CBD3ABA8FFC.jpeg

How do you like the Unity setup ?
Love it. The only gripe is that its a millimeter from allowing the rear iron to fit... But, for me, having the heads up position is way more functional, and then adding the g33 unity mount, is way better than having it sit off to the side .. so it's a really clever design that kills two birds

Reactions: candyx
Love it. The only gripe is that its a millimeter from allowing the rear iron to fit... But, for me, having the heads up position is way more functional, and then adding the g33 unity mount, is way better than having it sit off to the side .. so it's a really clever design that kills two birds
I plan to get one when they release the mount for the G43 in March.

Reactions: IWillNotComply