• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The best customer service for a shooting product!!

AussieShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2005
Australia
Hey guys,

After looking around for a rear butt bean bag where a company didn't try to charge me almost double for postage, someone from this forum put me onto Sage Flats Shooting.

Where another company insisted that the cheapest postage available to Australia via USPS was over $40.00 because that was the automated costing.

Sage Flats used the same service and it only cost me $17.00 Postage with an item price $15.00

Then customs held onto it fearing that the beads were organic. Customs requested permission to open the bag (unstitch it), in the mean time Eric and Anne contacted me making sure I received the shooting bag. I informed them of the hold up and they appoligised and asked if I wanted a refund. I said no as the small section needed to be unstitched could be re-sewn.

I was then asked if they sent a sample of the bead for inspection with the bag if customs would deem this sufficient to allow customs to send on a bag without them needing to dissect it (send me another bag) at no extra cost to me.

After receiving it today I can report that the bag is light yet built for strength and rough treatment.

A great product with reasonable postage and purchase price and a company that offers service second to none.

If you need anything that Sage Flats Shooting sell I can attest to there great service all round.

Justin,

Perth, Australia

Re: The best customer service for a shooting product!!

That is great customer service for sure i will have to look them up. i used think some of these places were raping me over the coals to ship stuff i ordered but recently i have had to send 2 scopes back and a bolt to a gunsmith and was amazed that it was right in line with what I was being charged, actually midway charged me less originally then what it cost me to ship it back to them.

Great to hear, I will check them out. A suggestion:

We often complain to vendors when they do badly, and usually don't hesitate to let them know we will keep our friends aware of lousy customer service. It would be a great way to provide positive reinforcement to this vendor by emailing them a link to this post - who knows, maybe it will result in more sales for them, and a possible sponser for the site? At least, it will show them they have good publicity on a public forum.

Aussie,

Nice of you to get up on your stump again. I'm glad you found someplace that is willing to take a change and use the most UNRELIABLE and UNINSURABLE service option from USPS to get your order. We use to offer this lower level of USPS service, but the number of issues caused that to end.

As I told you in the other thread, I am well aware of the less expensive shipping options, I'm just not willing to lower our standards to accommodate you. The product that you inquired about the shipping costs for, will not even fit into the SMALL FLAT RATE BOX that you must be referring to. As explained (with a picture), we are withing a few dollars of the actual cost as charged by USPS.

I don't care if you want to rant on about the cost of shipping from Triad, just be damm sure you have the facts presented correctly.

Never heard of them so I checked them out. It's hard to find great customer service therese days. There Bios on the site speak for themselves. if everyone modeled their CSR after Dillon Precision we would all be better for it.

Sounds like good CS but... You can't find a year bag in your own country? That's fucking insane.

Stuff in Aus is really hard to comebye.

I was considering upgrading my Nightforce to a S&B.

The cost is an extra 50% ( $4500 AUD Atleast) for the 5-25x56 with all the fruit and only one company in our Country MIGHT be able to get it for me, maybe with an expected turn around time of Atleast 6 months and then still no guarantee.

What's worse is you don't need a license to purchase one, meaning there should be no reason why I should not be able to order one from the US apart from the export and import restrictions (just means less sales at a higher price).

I have a mate going to Vegas and would have loved for him to get the scope I'm trying to get the store to locate.

Such is life.

Sounds like you need to plan vacations around shopping for Gear in the States.

OMG, if I could bring the items back I would be like a kid in a candy store.

We dont have a strong political party like the NRA. We are not allowed suppresors or semi-automatic firearms, pistol shooters are restricted to the pistols that can be purchased. We can't even have an AICS 2.0 because it has a folding stock.

To many minorities making a lot of noise regarding how unethical and cruel shooting is.

There is also procedures put in place limiting the balistic capabilities of the rifles that can be used regardless of the property size, so if you want to shoot a scrub bull at range say with a 338LM or a 375CT Regardless of the size of the property you can't and farmers can no longer own hand guns like they did previously incase a bull charges.

There have been atleast 2 reported cases of farmers being gored by rogue bulls this year. It's quite sad that the majority of shooters who do the right thing are penalized by a knee jerk reaction by politicians and society when some nut job goes on a shooting spree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Aussie,

Nice of you to get up on your stump again. I'm glad you found someplace that is willing to take a change and use the most UNRELIABLE and UNINSURABLE service option from USPS to get your order. We use to offer this lower level of USPS service, but the number of issues caused that to end.

As I told you in the other thread, I am well aware of the less expensive shipping options, I'm just not willing to lower our standards to accommodate you. The product that you inquired about the shipping costs for, will not even fit into the SMALL FLAT RATE BOX that you must be referring to. As explained (with a picture), we are withing a few dollars of the actual cost as charged by USPS.

I don't care if you want to rant on about the cost of shipping from Triad, just be damm sure you have the facts presented correctly.
</div></div>

Steve, for $25.00 I really can't see the point in insuring it especially considering it is not rigid. As for the most unreliable postage method It reached me without a problem. Your customers might actually prefer the option to purchase the cheapest postage possible with a clause if need be stating what issues (no traceability or insurance). All I know Is that another store sent a similar product at half the price you quoted for postage and there for got the sale. Full stop.