• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Book of Boba Fett

The Disney hate is hilarious…

The best pre-Disney Star Wars product was The Clone Wars animated series.

Why?

Because it bridged the gap between generations and created new fans, and without it Star Wars would be been a property akin to Gunsmoke or Happy Days in the demographic who gave a shit about it. Disney leveraged that bridge with the new trilogy (regardless of opinions about them) and developed new material in an expansive universe and timeline.

Yeah BOBF started slow, but clearly it was setting up something and given Filoni and Favreau are involved there’s little reason to believe it won’t pay off.

The prescription for Star Wars hate is watching The Expanse, but I’m gonna guess it’ll be a wee bit too woke for some as well…

LOL, new Star Wars material..

So book of Boba is mostly not about Boba? Looks like someone is just making up the episodes from whatever leftover material they had cut & paste style.

Looks like they are trying to save it by inserting the most popular characters...Grogu, Skywalker, R2D2, and Mando. Should have been just another season of Mando with less Boba IMO.

Reactions: Cowpokey
The thing that is killing boba fetts character for me is his "rule with respect" BS....which don't get me wrong, is fine.....but the dude lived his life as a ruthless bounty hunter, it wouldn't hurt to see him be a bit more......ruthless.....at least in the begining....

Over time you can have him learn that it's better in some situations to be more reserved.....but I want to see that as a lesson he needs to learn......dude was low level hired muscle, now he's running a crime family, that shouldn't be an easy transition for him

Not only would that make for a more interesting story and give the character more depth, but it would better jive with the archetype of Fett as we all know him...

Because right now he feels like a completely different character
Time in the belly of a sarlaac will change a man

• Haha
Reactions: riflegreen297
Jon Favreau and I are a year apart in age.....he reminds me of several folks in my group of friends who, in my opinion, spent too much time reading comic books and not enough time outside, getting skinned up and bruised.
The Book of Bobba lacks depth.
He should been reading more LeCarre and less Marvel growing up.

Reactions: iceng
Mandalorian and BF belong in the Sci Fi kiddie pool
The Expanse and Blade Runner(s) are the measure of all things SciFi for me....but I'm old and don't like comic books.

Ok, where to start.

The first few episodes of TBOBF left a lot to be desired. Focusing on story only, it's gotten significantly better over the last 3 episodes.

Multiple story arcs. Multiple similar yet different things going on. Stories being told from different angles. It's how the original Star Wars movies were made to be great stories.

Going over to the whole Mandalorian/Boba Fett thing, they are really merging the two, which I don't see as a problem, yet, its kind iof weird that the 'Boba Fett' titled show has had maybe 45 seconds of Boba Fett in 2 hours of show.

How they'll continue it isn't that big of a mystery or reach. This current set up to a big fight is how Fett establishes himself on Tatt. It could have just had a better lead up than the first 3 episodes. The thing that doesn't make sense with Baby Yoda to alot, and how they'd continue the Mandalorian if he is a Jedi is simple; he wont be. Or if he is, it'll be brief.

Why?

Because by the time Kylo Ren and all the bullshit new wave Star Wars bullshit happens, there are no Jedi outside of (I think) Skywalker. Mary Sue hasn't become a thing yet (and never should). All of the Jedi Temples are gone and all Jedi are dead or in hiding. Seeing as how that is like 20-30 years from this time line, that doesn't really work as far as Baby Yoda being a Jedi as that would be a really big plot hole and/or hard as fuck to write.

Instead, I'm guessing he starts doing Jedi shit a bit more and then, just as Skywalker says 'his heart isn't in it' he decides being together with Mando is better.

You have to understand that there was a cut scene from Clone wars (series) where Cad Bane and Boba had a quick draw and shot each other in the head. Its where the dent in Boba's helmet came from. Note, that it was undented when Jengo had it. Cad was thought dead until Bad Batch came out. Its not really about Mando, but they wanted you to remember he has his own stuff going on too. All this is the Star Wars saga unfolding. Forget the other titles. Its getting interesting.

Reactions: BoilerUP
Not watched clone wars, but didn't Boba get his helmet sent from falling off something (clone tower ?) In one of the newer movies ?

I seemed to remember a whole bunch of nerds rave about how he got it, and they (directors) slipped that in ??

This whole first season was a let down for me...disappointment; it could have been great, being the hype and build-up around Fett is huge, giving a wide palette of ideas they could have drawn from. As for @PDXGS mention of Expanse...yeah, you know what's up...that series was great. Too bad they ended that one, I was really starting to want more Drummer.

I thought Fet, and Mando were both good shows. Interesting to see how his character changed, and developed as he got older. I'm guessing that surviving being eaten by the "all powerful sarlacc" then being adopted by a tribe of sand people can change your aspect on life.

Like a John Wayne western where he got tired of the fast life, and getting shot at all the time (plus he met a girl)
"How do you know I'm not tired of selling my gun arm all over the place?"

As far as bad reviews goes, I'd never want to be the guy making a Star Wars movie. Most fans are so ate up they think they know more than the people making the movies. You're never gonna win. Only thing I really didn't like (about either show) was how few episodes per season there are.

I've enjoyed it, but then maybe I'm just easily entertained. The season finale was pretty good, especially the last 15 minutes or so.

Watch through the credits, too. One last scene stuck in there.

• Wow
Reactions: Cowpokey
Its fucking terrible. There's so much potential just working with the starwars world, and they have a fuckton of special effect budget, so it kind of boggles the mind how they could have approved such shit story lines for both series.

Reactions: PDXGS
I've enjoyed it, but then maybe I'm just easily entertained. The season finale was pretty good, especially the last 15 minutes or so.

Watch through the credits, too. One last scene stuck in there.
Well, damn, now I gotta go watch the very end.

I really, really wanted to see a badass... not a politician. I see enough politicians.

They really made him look weak in this season.