• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Movie Theater The Conspirator

brutus1776

Minuteman
Jun 12, 2007
backcountry, TN line
anyone see it? is it a "teh south'z the nazi's and teh northz is teh righteous' type movie? is it real history or hack job?
i read there is supposed to be a modern political viewpoint pushed in the movie; mainly a critique of gitmo and military tribunals.

Re: The Conspirator

Redford's attempt to produce a parable based in the fictions of applying modern viewpoints to historic events. As long as Washington is the immoral oppressor, it's all good...; basically it's another Redford endowed 'one-trick-horse', rabble-rousing paintjob.

Re: The Conspirator

If its Redford then why would you even ask if it might be true, fiction or not? Political spins can be found in most movies and I am sure he would alter anything to fit his leftist views. Lets remember Lincoln broke the constitution and didn't care, kind of reminds me of someone else in office
smile.gif