• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Eiger Sanction... a long lost favorite movie!

That movie (And, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service) was my motivation for going to Kleine Scheidegg........

First time I was there, it was a beautiful fall day, sat on the hotel Bellevue patio with the wife, drinking wine and eating meats and cheeses. At the base of the Eiger. Literally, brought a tear to my eye. I was in disbelief that a place so beautiful actually existed.

Last edited:
awesome flick

watched Bullit yesterday ... great era for no nonsense film
Taped Bullit yesterday. Because if I watch it without the missus around, she will kill me. Mustang fanatic. Watches for the car chase.

Going to introduce her to "The Getaway" and "The Bounty Hunter" with Steve McQueen.

Cheers,

Sirhr

That movie (And, On Her Majesty’s Secret Service) was my motivation for going to Kleine Scheidig......

First time I was there, it was a beautiful fall day, sat on the hotel Bellevue patio with the wife, drinking wine and eating meats and cheeses. At the base of the Eiger. Literally, brought a tear to my eye. I was in disbelief that a place so beautiful actually existed.

Went to Kleine Scheidig when I was taking advantage of tax payer funded skiing trips in exchange for wearing guns at the Mission in Geneva.....I think all the dead Italians had fell of the face of the Eiger by than but it was still one impressive piece of rock.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Will watch Eiger tonight!
I feel SO OLD….Brenda Venus “George” is 75 now………..

• Wow
Reactions: Thorny
I haven't seen that in a coons age. I just ordered it on Netflix (DVD.com).

The Eiger Sanction is on my list of movies I watch once a year, at least. Awesome movie.

Just throwing this out there, but have you two seen "Ford vs. Ferrari" yet?
About 35 times...

Three times in theater. Last movie we saw before the theaters all shut down.

Best scene in the movie "Mr. Ford, we have 'ol Enzo right where we want him... "

Also "The World's Fastest Indian." Incredible movie.

Sirhr

Samesies on World’s Fastest Indian. Delightful movie. (y)(y)(y)
The book is even better. As with FvsF... the events of many years are compressed into one year, basically. But most of the stories happened in one form or another.

Anthony Hopkins played the part brilliantly. If you have a chance, see the original short documentary called "Sacrifices to the Gods of Speed." I think it's free on YouTube.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Reactions: brianf
I can say as a climber, Eiger Sanction is one of the better climbing related movies.

About 35 times...

Three times in theater. Last movie we saw before the theaters all shut down.

Best scene in the movie "Mr. Ford, we have 'ol Enzo right where we want him... "

Also "The World's Fastest Indian." Incredible movie.

Sirhr
pretty good movie problem is (like most movies) they added in too much that was historically inaccurate.
the actual story would have been just as good... didnt need the "extra"

necro thread. the Eiger Sanction is classic.

the best thing about it is that it's an unintentional time capsule of Europe from the late 60's, early 70's. When you watch it, you are stepping back to a time that no longer exists. The topic is interesting, and Eastwood is always awesome. And I've been there. I didn't climb the Eiger, but I hiked all around the Berner Oberland one winter.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
iu

have not heard of this but will watch it. Just watched a bridge too far the other day

Reactions: brianf
the marx brothers think one was animal crackers and At the circus oh

Finally the original Thomas Crowne Affair came on the tube this morning.... just in time to DVR it.

Steve McQueen at his coolest!

Today's CGI action stupidity can't compare to a cool guy in a dune buggy... can it?

Sirhr

PS.... not to mention sail planes, Rolls-Royce Corniche Coupe, Geneva... Faye Dunaway... Even IBM punchcard computers. Such an awesome movie!

Last edited:
Finally the original Thomas Crowne Affair came on the tube this morning.... just in time to DVR it.

Steve McQueen at his coolest!

Today's CGI action stupidity can't compare to a cool guy in a dune buggy... can it?

Sirhr

PS.... not to mention sail planes, Rolls-Royce Corniche Coupe, Geneva... Faye Dunaway... Even IBM punchcard computers. Such an awesome movie!
I actually like the newer version better

Reactions: BLEE