• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Marine Scout Sniper's are History

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Marine Scout Sniper's are History

Disturbing news dropped this week, on Tuesday, One day before the anniversary of Carlos Hathcock's passing, the USMC announced they are doing away with Scout Snipers as they currently exist.

Traditions mean nothing anymore and the Marines are being gutted in a lot of way.

Tim Parkhurst President of the Scout Sniper Association is on the podcast with me discussing the details. Tim lays out the new orders and the direction the USMC plans on taking themselves in terms of the Sniper community.

It appears from Tim's reading of the Orders the Basic Scout Sniper School is going away. In fact the 0317 MOS will be retired, going away.

The details are public if you want to dig deeper. But I really appreciate Tim reaching out to me regarding this development.

With that said, the USMC Scout Sniper Association is stronger than ever with a lot of events and plans in motion. Check out the Website for all the details, and be sure to support where you can. https://scoutsniper.org/

Also we are currently engaged in our 03/17 Day Sweepstakes for the Terry Cross Rifle I spoke about, you can enter here: https://scoutsniper.org/scout-sniper-annual-sweepstakes/

Terry Cross Zealot Rifle package with NF Scope is available.

Guys as always, thanks for listening, thanks for sharing, be sure to comment, and thank you Tim for joining me today.

Lowlight

Yeah. Listening to it now.

Fucking retarded decision. Look at Ukraine. They are using snipers I think, no?

I saw this same thing happen to the SOWT community in the AF and it gutted it so bad that the community went from 144 personnel to just over 60 in a year and a half.

Dudes just leave if you fuck them over too long.

The only way that SOWT got rolled into SR is that the General of the Air Force told AFSOC fix it or get rid of it.

Unfortunately, it seems that Furness is bent on fucking you guys over.

Someone needs to tell him to read Martin Pegler's book and learn from history that you pay in blood for this decision.

I would be interested to see a comparison between the METL of the Scout Sniper Platoon and the METL of the Scout Platoon.

I would then be interested to hear the vision of future warfare that justifies the METL change and how this vision was validated.

-Stan

Reactions: Boatmon52
    I've been trying to make sense of this. I think that you can make the argument for a revamp of the Weapons Company STAY Platoon. Historically the STAY Platoon has been the eyes and ears of the battalion commander. That arguably can be done better with modern technology. How that will hold up against cyber, emp, and microwave weapons in the future is concerning.

Now that we've given the devil their due, I can't for the life of me understand why Sniper teams weren't pushed down to the Weapons Platoon within the Line companies with a greater focus on designated marksmen if for nothin other than urban environments. Each platoon could effectively employ and maintain 1 squad with 3 teams. And they could have keep the Sniper School at Stones Bay open where we could have maintained hard earned knowledge and tradition.

It's been almost 20 years, so forgive me if any of my acronyms or names are slightly off.

Reactions: Enough Said
    The fact is,

The USMC "Leader" who made this decision was the Colonel of the Snipers who pissed on the Dead Iraqis

he got in trouble, they got in trouble and ever since he hates Snipers, so first chance he got, he killed them off...

It's no deeper than that, other than to say, the Commies are in charge and trying to hurt every tradition we have.