• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fed jumps it another .5%

It was better with Trump in office. It was the best presidency since Ronald Reagan, who was president before I was even born, or Bill Clinton, the last Democrat president I liked.
Why do you keep refusing to answer my first question?

Reactions: NoDopes
I didn’t vote for Biden if that is what you are getting at.
It was a pretty obvious question, not much beating around the bush. Since you say you didn’t vote for Biden, I’ll just take that to mean you didn’t vote at all.

It was a pretty obvious question, not much beating around the bush. Since you say you didn’t vote for Biden, I’ll just take that to mean you didn’t vote at all.
No I voted for Trump. There was too much at stake to let the democrats win. I’ve always thought of Biden as a moderate but I couldn’t trust the people around him or the direction the democrats are heading in.

85%+ of homeowners are locked into mortgage rates below 5% as of today. They aren't moving anytime soon due to the higher interest rates and affordability constraints. That means less inventory.

There is an existing housing shortage from the 2008 recession. Builders haven't caught back up, and are currently canceling many of the more affordable builds due to cancelations, increased costs, interest rates and economic uncertainty. This means less houses are being built, with a current 2-6 million home shortage. (depending on what source you are reading)

If you bought a house anytime pre-pandemic, chances are your home is still worth more than you paid for it. I don't see them becoming distressed in high numbers, as most of these people had to actually qualify for their loans. The only people I see being upside down are those that bought during the pandemic rush or those that bought in less desireable areas. Don't think there aren't sharks waiting in the water for those people that made poor financial decisions. Some of those sharks have very deep pockets and are thinking about the long term investment.

The cost to build a new home is really expensive. Materials seemed to have stopped climbing finally, but any sort of skilled labor now is outrageous. Not only is labor more expensive, there isn't enough of it to go around and jobs are now taking longer to complete. Between waiting on on crews or material availability, days can turn into weeks. For instance, try to find a 400 amp meter can for a house. You can't. They are selling on eBay for $2-3k when they used to cost maybe $400. Little stuff like that all over adds up quickly and keeps the price of new construction high.

I have a spec house I'm finishing up in Jan, so I'm not far away from finding out where the market really is. At the moment, I'm not too worried. The area I am in and the customer who I'm trying to target may keep me somewhat insulated to the current market conditions. But we are only one dumb move away from being pushed over that edge IMO.

I’m definitely waiting to buy houses from people who made poor financial decisions.

I don't feel bad at all for all the morons that bought houses for ridiculous prices the last couple years. If they couldn't see this coming and their own actions driving it that's their own problem so let them be upside down in a house.

The GF and I were ready to move and get a place together and said no way to the market and interest rates. We ended up buying a very nice two year old fifth wheel to travel instead for a hell of a deal and it's been awesome. Now we'll buy someones foreclosed property for a hell of a deal when the market crashes.
Then rent it out as an AirBnB once you get property!

• Haha
Reactions: NoDopes
85%+ of homeowners are locked into mortgage rates below 5% as of today. They aren't moving anytime soon due to the higher interest rates and affordability constraints. That means less inventory.

There is an existing housing shortage from the 2008 recession. Builders haven't caught back up, and are currently canceling many of the more affordable builds due to cancelations, increased costs, interest rates and economic uncertainty. This means less houses are being built, with a current 2-6 million home shortage. (depending on what source you are reading)

If you bought a house anytime pre-pandemic, chances are your home is still worth more than you paid for it. I don't see them becoming distressed in high numbers, as most of these people had to actually qualify for their loans. The only people I see being upside down are those that bought during the pandemic rush or those that bought in less desireable areas. Don't think there aren't sharks waiting in the water for those people that made poor financial decisions. Some of those sharks have very deep pockets and are thinking about the long term investment.

The cost to build a new home is really expensive. Materials seemed to have stopped climbing finally, but any sort of skilled labor now is outrageous. Not only is labor more expensive, there isn't enough of it to go around and jobs are now taking longer to complete. Between waiting on on crews or material availability, days can turn into weeks. For instance, try to find a 400 amp meter can for a house. You can't. They are selling on eBay for $2-3k when they used to cost maybe $400. Little stuff like that all over adds up quickly and keeps the price of new construction high.

I have a spec house I'm finishing up in Jan, so I'm not far away from finding out where the market really is. At the moment, I'm not too worried. The area I am in and the customer who I'm trying to target may keep me somewhat insulated to the current market conditions. But we are only one dumb move away from being pushed over that edge IMO.
Great post!
Where I live, the housing shortage will last 2-5 years from what we are hearing....
Any homes that are currently on the market, and are overpriced, will drop in price to sell
I know I sound like Captian Obvious here, but there is a huge shortage of available housing in many parts of the country.
Which in turn will keep home sales chuggin down the tracks for a while.
Plus, all the Retirement/Investment/Inheritance money out there is staggering...and many younger families/people cannot compete with that kind of cash

Reactions: SouthFLShootin
Interesting that housing shortage seems to coincide with the Fed keeping interest rates artificially low for more than a decade, thus encouraging the building of fewer but larger and more expensive homes. I don't know how long it will take to unfuck this mess - maybe a decade or longer? Regardless of the calendar time required, it'll be one of the largest mis-allocations of capital in world history.

Really crazy, but where I am in Tampa it's still off the rails building like crazy and sold b/f finished. Spec, custom you name it. A 34 year old townhome just sold for $482sq ft at end of block. Another tear down of a beautiful historic home for a new build about 2 blocks from here demo was this week. The demand in FL is still unhinged as more blue staters come here in droves. Hoping I can retire and push up daisies b/f the libtards ruin it like everywhere else they infest.

Last edited:
Really crazy, but where I am in Tampa it's still off the rails building like crazy and sold b/f finished. Spec, custom you name it. A 34 year old townhome just sold for $482sq ft at end of block. Another tear down of a beautiful historic home for a new build about 2 blocks from here demo was this week. The demand in FL is still unhinged as more blue staters come here in droves. Hoping I can retire and push up daisies b/f the libtards ruin it like everywhere else they infest.
This is what I'm seeing in the east coast as well.

Despite so many people moving from blue states, FL is registering more Republicans and less democrats. Look at the trend starting to happen over the last three years. Let's hope is continues. I think people moving here are smart enough to realize that the reason they want to be here, is because it's not like it is there.

Screenshot_20221216_120245_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: SilentStalkr
This is what I'm seeing in the east coast as well.

Despite so many people moving from blue states, FL is registering more Republicans and less democrats. Look at the trend starting to happen over the last three years. Let's hope is continues. I think people moving here are smart enough to realize that the reason they want to be here, is because it's not like it is there.

View attachment 8022747
Boy that is great to see. I live in the I4 corridor which is primarily blue douche. Hope the ones coming here have seen the reality of their progressive 'utopias' they are leaving behind.

Last edited:
Think I can get my property taxes down because of a loss in value?

I mean, my neighbor just sold a house half the size of mine with no garage for $300k, but the city thinks mine is worth 200k. Maybe if it really is only worth 200k they'll cut the taxes down to $100k value?

My farm was kinda forced into a sale. As 1/3 owner to a place 800 miles away, I'm not fighting the family. I'm taking my share and buying up a couple rental properties in 2-3 years. Figure if I can roll that into 5-8 rentals paid off in the next 20 years I can retire pretty comfortably.

Hell, I'll probably need to finance my kids buying houses. They'll never be able to afford them otherwise.

Same thought with my kid. He is renting a house in town now at the tune of $1800 a month.

They want to be out in the sticks where the boy and his new wife grew up, prices have not started to do much, but now houses are sitting.....and sitting.....and sitting.

Az has had a huge influx of out of staters too, cali, texas, ohio...

we have more registered republicans than dems but its the independents here that gave us Shitty Hobbs for gov last month...f^ck!!...that and dominion too i suppose.

Untitled-1.png

We were going to take out a heloc to do some major purchases (shed, mower, thermals, night vision, you know, the usual), but at 8%, I wasn't willing to pay that interest rate. I found a mower that they were offering 0% for 36 months, can't beat that. Now I need a shed for storage of my mower, my gokart, and a bunch of stuff in the shop that doesn't need to be in the shop. Odds are, i'm going to end up building the shed myself to save a chunk of money, as well as gain points for upgrading the man card to a gold card.

Branden
Go for the Hilton Honors Surpass Card. You get a ton of points.

I have no idea why they would want to move here as we have no amenities or jobs. About 10 years ago, maybe a little more, you could buy a house here for $150,000

This same thing happened in Coeur d’Alene, ID around the turn of the century. I lived there at the time and thought it was ridiculous. It really got ramped up after they started having full Ironman competitions in the summer which drew large crowds from the despicable state of California. They started moving in by the droves driving housing costs up well beyond reasonable, despite the area lacking in jobs and amenities. They swarmed like locus devouring every piece of land they could get between CDA and the boarder of Canada. Schweitzer ski resort is currently building employee housing so people that work at the resort can actually live near by since they certainly can’t afford to buy nor rent anywhere near Sandpoint.

Democrats are mostly Godless so there is no afterlife waiting for them so they move to wherever they can find heaven on earth, especially rich democrats.

Yep, and they ruin it by making it just like the place they left; then they move on and destroy another place. Conservative, not yet ruined states, like Texas, need laws that require people moving from liberal states to post a bond of $100,000 per family member with requirements that they must vote conservative in every election for the first 20 years they reside in the conservative state and if they ever are caught voting democrat, their assets and property will be seized, the bonds forfeited, and they will be hauled to the nearest state line with nothing but the clothes on their backs and dumped off. If they make it 20 years voting conservative, they get their money back, but not with interest; the state gets the interest. Either that, or we need a federal law preventing people from the cesspool states from moving out of state unless they can prove a record of voting against the collective psychosis of liberalism; they created the mess, let them live in it.

I will add that looking through the ranks of republican law makers these days, most of them are Godless as well especially in the way they live, they just haven’t yet gone full retard and left the Judeao-Christian morals they were raised with quite yet like apparently every democratic politician and their voting base has.

One last thing. I believe there is an afterlife waiting for them despite their verbal or functional non-belief in such a thing and their obvious desires to create such a self defined utopia on earth; sadly its going to be not such a good surprise if they don’t figure out the truth prior to their departure from this earth.

Last edited:

Everything you say is accurate, just don't forget the scarcity of buildable land. You have states with tons of land but much of it is zoned in ways that make it difficult to build new cities or add onto existing crowded ones.

I will add that looking through the ranks of republican law makers these days, most of them are Godless as well especially in the way they live, they just haven’t yet gone full retard and left the Judeao-Christian morals they were raised with quite yet like apparently every democratic politician and their voting base has.

One last thing. I believe there is an afterlife waiting for them despite their verbal or functional non-belief in such a thing and their obvious desires to create such a self defined utopia on earth; sadly its going to be not such a good surprise if they don’t figure out the truth prior to their departure from this earth.

well said. When I was speaking about the Left, I was speaking from their perspective of there being no messiah coming to save them (so we should be our own messiah's), and no afterlife after death (so this life is the lifetime that matters, heaven-on-earth, etc). But I think you know already know this haha. I do agree, they are in for a rude awakening when they meet their maker.

Reactions: KYAggie
This same thing happened in Coeur d’Alene, ID around the turn of the century. I lived there at the time and thought it was ridiculous. It really got ramped up after they started having full Ironman competitions in the summer which drew large crowds from the despicable state of California. They started moving in by the droves driving housing costs up well beyond reasonable, despite the area lacking in jobs and amenities. They swarmed like locus devouring every piece of land they could get between CDA and the boarder of Canada. Schweitzer ski resort is currently building employee housing so people that work at the resort can actually live near by since they certainly can’t afford to buy nor rent anywhere near Sandpoint.

Yep, and they ruin it by making it just like the place they left; then they move on and destroy another place. Conservative, not yet ruined states, like Texas, need laws that require people moving from liberal states to post a bond of $100,000 per family member with requirements that they must vote conservative in every election for the first 20 years they reside in the conservative state and if they ever are caught voting democrat, their assets and property will be seized, the bonds forfeited, and they will be hauled to the nearest state line with nothing but the clothes on their backs and dumped off. If they make it 20 years voting conservative, they get their money back, but not with interest; the state gets the interest. Either that, or we need a federal law preventing people from the cesspool states from moving out of state unless they can prove a record of voting against the collective psychosis of liberalism; they created the mess, let them live in it.

Damn, boy, ya skeert me when you said you lived in Id. at the turn of the century. I still think of the turn of the century as 1900. I was born in the first half of the 20th.

Damn, boy, ya skeert me when you said you lived in Id. at the turn of the century. I still think of the turn of the century as 1900. I was born in the first half of the 20th.

🤣

I‘m a child of the 60’s myself, yeah, I was referring to around 2000. That’s hysterical, thanks for the laugh.

Reactions: Maggot

CDA idaho was a hick town when i was growing up in spokane in the 70’s-80’s. i left in 1986 and went back few a years in the mid 90’s and i was shocked how big CDA got. the californicators ruined it.

Reactions: KYAggie
How bad of shape do those people leave the houses in when they get kicked out?
I bought a foreclosure in Atlanta in 2008 - many foreclosure houses in Atlanta market in 2008. Saw some where the wiring was ripped out of the walls, etc. - passed. Saw plenty that were in excellent shape. Bought one that the builder went into foreclosure and the lender went into foreclosure. New house that never went to market but straight to foreclosure market. They will be out there.

Supply is low and nobody wants to upgrade because it would be complete stupidity to go from a 500K home with a 3% mortgage to a 700K home with a 7% mortgage. Hedge funds and other institutional folks are still sitting on a pile of free money they got from the Govt during the bailout. Buildable land is scarce and construction costs are high. It's going to take a hell of a recession to break this logjam...