• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

I put the 8.5" rail on this weekend after also swapping to the 16" .308 barrel. Feels like a completely different gun than the 22" 6.5. I hope to use this setup for deer season this fall and then swap back to 6.5 for recreational shooting this winter/spring.

My first barrel swap went pretty smoothly, looks like I didn't mar anything and it wasn't too bad to torque the barrel nut down. The most annoying part of the process is probably the T25 that goes into the bottom of the handguard from the front.

Aside from the weight differences, I really like the feel of the slim handguard without the pic rail on top. Has anyone done any testing if the shorter rail has any significant negative impact on accuracy? I believe Q mentioned originally that the full length rail helped stiffen things up.

Special thanks to @TSean @tinytigers and @J-Hon for helping me get to this point guys. Literally everyone I've interacted with here has been awesome and I'm really appreciating it.

I haven't been able to shoot this configuration yet, but I think I can make it out this week if the weather holds off.
View attachment 6950319

Another question - for your scope mount, what height did you find worked for you? I have a 44mm objective, and am thinking that your scope looks pretty close to a 40mm?

Thanks!

R,
jmw

Another question - for your scope mount, what height did you find worked for you? I have a 44mm objective, and am thinking that your scope looks pretty close to a 40mm?
Hey man, it's a 42mm objective (SWFA 3-15x42) - I used Vortex Pro high rings, which are apparently 1.12". I had originally tried their medium rings (.97"), but apparently got my math wrong bc it was a no-go, haha. Don't forget the little extra thickness from scope caps too if you're using them.

I'm interested in it for the weight as well. Does it allow the legs to lean forward a little during preload like an Atlas? I love that about the atlas and believe it helps consistency
I'd say the legs have a little more 'give' to them than a Harris, but I don't have a ton of experience w/ Atlas so I'm sorry I can't comment.

20181002_211810-01.jpeg

Reactions: Gotlag1789
Day 2 and running out of bullets
2@100
2@200
Extremely pleased

Attachments

• 5183C8F6-9419-4E89-9717-EDE65B82D52C.jpeg
    5183C8F6-9419-4E89-9717-EDE65B82D52C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 85
  • 6B639F5D-20B9-465C-9B58-BA9773DE0B5C.jpeg
    6B639F5D-20B9-465C-9B58-BA9773DE0B5C.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 85
After watching the video review, it looks like the bolt is awkward to work. Can anyone run the bolt with your face still on the stock?

After watching the video review, it looks like the bolt is awkward to work. Can anyone run the bolt with your face still on the stock?

I assume you mean the alabama arsenal video, thise guys are running it weird. I can run mine without coming off the rifle or having to pry up with help of my thumb even with factory lapua and that is some hot ammo.

Mine was pretty stiff when new and it's still stiffer than a typical 90 degree action. It's just physics. With a little practice it's easy to run without moving your head. It takes some getting used to grabbing that tiny bolt handle.

I shot mine today - taking it on a pig/sheep hunt with my honey badger ... for my 8yo. It shot the 143 eldx factory rounds @ 200 touching each other. Phenominal. With factory rounds mine is smooth as butter and easy to cycle.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
White Birch Armory in NH got restocked on the Fix

Attachments

• C7A67BF5-D357-405A-B204-A417897DED0B.png
    C7A67BF5-D357-405A-B204-A417897DED0B.png
    2 MB · Views: 95

Is it hard to run the bolt on the Fix Rifle? From watching the video post by roamin, it looks like the shooters have a hard time cycling the bolt. Using thier thumbs to leverage the handle up.

Is it hard to run the bolt on the Fix Rifle? From watching the video post by roamin, it looks like the shooters have a hard time cycling the bolt. Using thier thumbs to leverage the handle up.

The early models (I have one of the first) were and sent the bolt to Q and they sent me a worked on bolt 2 days later (with a lighter trigger to boot - 2lbs) and its been smooth ever since. I find it very fast (nearly blaser r8 fast).

The early models (I have one of the first) were and sent the bolt to Q and they sent me a worked on bolt 2 days later (with a lighter trigger to boot - 2lbs) and its been smooth ever since. I find it very fast (nearly blaser r8 fast).
I’m in the 3xxs and I have no issues with mine whatsoever. Only ever ran factory ammo, though.

Mine is in the 003x range (with matching serial trash panda).

Mine is 02xx and 90% off the time it's fine but some are tight. I'm shooting handloads though and with the super tight chamber I think a few haven't been sized quite enough.

Heard on the pod cast that barrel options are changing at the end of the year and next years offerings will be different

Meaning chamberings, contours, and lengths? Or just brands?

Episode 15 @53:46
I may quote this wrong, but it sounded like buying a Fix new would only be available with 16” barrels in both .308 and 6.5, both will be lightweight. Other lengths would be available for purchase separately that are match grade.

I may quote this wrong, but it sounded like buying a Fix new would only be available with 16” barrels in both .308 and 6.5, both will be lightweight. Other lengths would be available for purchase separately that are match grade.

Tbh was listening while working so didn’t really follow but didn’t get the match grade part. Heard the light weight...

Sounds like as part of barrel maker changes. Also think I heard 12 in 308 may be coming as well...

I will most likely rebarrel to a 7mm-08ai or 7mm saw when 6.5 barrel is done. Something in the 16-20 in length

Yeah, that's basically what I got out of it too. I think KB alluded to the 6.5 16" barrel default option in a different podcast or post somewhere else recently as well.

I can understand why, it's at least partly billed as a super-light rifle and the 22" med contour 6.5 definitely doesn't feel as nimble as the 16" 308.

Yeah, that's basically what I got out of it too. I think KB alluded to the 6.5 16" barrel default option in a different podcast or post somewhere else recently as well.

I can understand why, it's at least partly billed as a super-light rifle and the 22" med contour 6.5 definitely doesn't feel as nimble as the 16" 308.
I like the idea of the lightweight 16” 6.5cm barrel, would be nicer for hunting. Only reason I got the 6.5 proof was it was the only option when I went to order a second barrel.

Tbh was listening while working so didn’t really follow but didn’t get the match grade part. Heard the light weight...

Sounds like as part of barrel maker changes. Also think I heard 12 in 308 may be coming as well..

I did the same thing, had to relisten to a couple parts.
I thought it was mentioned about a 12.5” 8.6cm pistol? Though I like the idea of the pistols, they don’t seem that practical for a bolt gun.

So Q did a Q&A on Instagram tonight, couple questions I thought were interesting for the miniFix. It shares the same barrel nut as the Fix, so one tool to change barrels on both. And the .224v barrels will be a 1:6twist. Supposedly they’ll start shipping in the next month or two.....

Reactions: craigos
Listened again since you gave me the time marker

Stock will be 16in 308 or 6.5 light weight (not sure who’s)

Accessory will be heavy barrel match grade

Pistol will be
300bo mini fix
12.5 308 Or 8.6 creed

I will 100% buy a shorter 6.5 barrel if it becomes an option

Reactions: Flnative33
Thanks bro.

That’s pretty lame they are just suddenly coming with lesser quality barrels and the price stays the same.

They switched from batlein to barrel makers that meet there specifications. They have said they source from multiple makers but people seem to focus on green mountain
Mine shoots 1/4 moa w factory loads so I guess I can not complain.
As in you shot in once or you can do a 5 x 5 and all will be 1/2 or better?

As in nothing is safe with me behind this rifle.

They switched from batlein to barrel makers that meet there specifications. They have said they source from multiple makers but people seem to focus on green mountain

As in you shot in once or you can do a 5 x 5 and all will be 1/2 or better?

Whats the attraction of these 9" 300 blackout fixes? The rifle seems to fill a definite niche but the ultra short boltgun seems like a pretty lame niche to fill? especially when it has little to give over a honey badger of the same/similar length?

Whats the attraction of these 9" 300 blackout fixes? The rifle seems to fill a definite niche but the ultra short boltgun seems like a pretty lame niche to fill? especially when it has little to give over a honey badger of the same/similar length?

Just a cool little rifle (I mean handgun)

Sunday night project went pretty damn good. I've spent a lot of time behind AI rifles and had a spare pad laying around and my almonds got activated looking at it... This was the result of a few hours of work. I am really excited to get out and shoot it again with this mod

I'd be curious... Seeing what I've done... Do any of you know of a good commercial off the shelf height adjustable pad that could be adapted like this?

Attachments

• 20181014_155145.jpg
    20181014_155145.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 20181014_192549.jpg
    20181014_192549.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 185
  • 20181014_154844.jpg
    20181014_154844.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 179
Sunday night project went pretty damn good. I've spent a lot of time behind AI rifles and had a spare pad laying around and my almonds got activated looking at it... This was the result of a few hours of work. I am really excited to get out and shoot it again with this mod

I'd be curious... Seeing what I've done... Do any of you know of a good commercial off the shelf height adjustable pad that could be adapted like this?

Nice job! Hope that works well for you.

Wow,, great work! Q really needs to offer something like this