• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Fix from Q

16" 308 barrel here. 168gr SMK with AR comp and H4195 loaded to 2.812.

About 1.2ish " groups off rest and sandbag under grip (100yrds)

This is GM barrel.

Which barrel do you have? Bartlein, Green Mountain, Proof Research?

Bartlein/Tooley Barrels are Laser Engraved , See Attachment..

Attachments

• B9FD2CF3-29F2-4E11-9BFF-065BCAE37BE7.jpeg
    B9FD2CF3-29F2-4E11-9BFF-065BCAE37BE7.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 169
Have a Tooley barrel ordered up in 6.5 CM. Luckily was able to get my order in for a barrel wrench at the Q yesterday.

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these, have some questions on them.

1. Does anyone know if there's a serial number range that absolutely does not experience any heavy bolt lift issues.

2. Do they feed well/smooth with the sharper shoulder cartridges like Creedmoor and x47L? I've only shot a 308 and it fed fine.

3. Has anyone had any other issues besides heavy bolt lift on some? Any reason you wouldn't buy it over again?

4. As far as barrels, do they require anything other than a blank such as a receiver extension? If so, are these parts available or do you have to sacrifice a factory barrel assembly to get the part?

Past #300. No heavy lift. Might even be 250 but im not sure. If you buy an earlier one getting it taken care of is a non issue. The affected range all seem to come in blue cases for what its worth.

Creed feeds fine.

Everyone seems to bitch about the buttpad. For a hunting gun its been a non issue. Or maybe everyone else calls in herds of coyote’s and sees herds of deer everytime they go out...

I dont know when they are going to sell extensions or supply smiths with them. I managed to buy some in person but I havent heard of anyone else who has. Based on my experience I was the first to even try. Ive also bought a few barrels used for reasonable prices and missed out on a few others. They are rumored to have short threaded creed barrels available next year and some different barrel options then. The big thing would be to grab a barrel nut tool now while they are in stock.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Just Macca
Put a Mk5 3-18 on mine now with a set of ARC rings. Put on a Rugged micro 30 in short 5" config, with a suppressor cover from @hunter-steve . If you haven't seen his suppressor covers you should shoot him a PM. They are exceptional. As it sits now it's 9.06lbs with everything. If Including a 10 round mag of FGMM 175s it's 9.87. I shaved about 3 lbs off going from the Minox and a KAC 762 QDC suppressor to how it sits now. Adding a Accu-tac sr5 qd it adds and additional 1.2lb.

Attachments

• IMG_20181104_091052.jpg
    IMG_20181104_091052.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20181104_091059.jpg
    IMG_20181104_091059.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20181104_085720.jpg
    IMG_20181104_085720.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 246
Put a Mk5 3-18 on mine now with a set of ARC rings. Put on a Rugged micro 30 in short 5" config, with a suppressor cover from @hunter-steve . If you haven't seen his suppressor covers you should shoot him a PM. They are exceptional. As it sits now it's 9.06lbs with everything. If Including a 10 round mag of FGMM 175s it's 9.87. I shaved about 3 lbs off going from the Minox and a KAC 762 QDC suppressor to how it sits now. Adding a Accu-tac sr5 qd it adds and additional 1.2lb.

Man they look great with an ultra short scope on them. Nice rifle mate, very nice. Which reticle did you go with?
Can’t wait, 3 more weeks till I get mine.

Man they look great with an ultra short scope on them. Nice rifle mate, very nice. Which reticle did you go with?
Can’t wait, 3 more weeks till I get mine.

Thanks. I have the CCH reticle. Very limited use with the reticle on a hunting rifle. Some shooting with it right at dusk and with it being a fine reticle, it was a little hard to use without illumination right before dark. For hunting early am or late evening may be a challenge, but for 99% of the shooting I do with this rig it will work out well. Bought a few of these all at once so hopefully I like them.

Last edited:
Reactions: withoutwarning
Any recent news about the 8.6 creedmoor? Lots of talk a few months ago, sure would like to get one on preorder.

Any recent news about the 8.6 creedmoor? Lots of talk a few months ago, sure would like to get one on preorder.

I went to the Q world tour event last weekend in Nashville. I think they were saying 2019? Not really specific, but I don't really remember either. There was one there, a 12" barrel with the pistol brace. That's the configuration they will probably sell. He did say that more than likely, they would sell 16" barrels for people who already had a fix rifle. They were finalizing twist rate and working on final ammo specs with manufacturers. It's going to be a cool round. Super efficient out of short barrels. Equal or greater energy out of a 12" barrel than 308 out of a 20" or 24". One thing Ethan said that I wish I could remember specifically was the amount of spin drift you would have with the twist rates they were playing with. They are probably going with something super fast like 1:3 or 1:4....something stupid fast. It was enough you actually needed to account for the spin D, haha. That might have been with subs more than with supers, but still...pretty crazy. He said if someone designed a bdc style reticle, it would need a curved vertical line.

They are probably going with something super fast like 1:3 or 1:4....something stupid fast. It was enough you actually needed to account for the spin D, haha. That might have been with subs more than with supers, but still...pretty crazy. He said if someone designed a bdc style reticle, it would need a curved vertical line.
How well is that 1:3 or 1:4 twist going to crossover to the supersonic rounds? That sounds fast for subs but just insane for supers. I had to laugh a little picturing the curved reticle:D

He said basically they were going to go as fast as possible. They were trying to find the limit with supers, and were making sure the ammo that was going to be produced could handle the spin. I'm paraphrasing of course, but that was the gist of the conversation. Before handling one, I thought the short barrel bolt action pistols were kinda dumb, but they are soooo light and compact, especially when folded, that you could throw them in a backpack or behind a seat or ride an atv with one slung and it wouldn't be in the way at all. With 300 blk and 8.6 creedmoor, you're not really giving up any performance because of the short barrels.

That kinda shocked me when i read about releasing it with a pistol brace. I would want to go the sbr route but i suppose you could get it in hand as a pistol and do the conversion once your stamp cleared. I cant imagine it being comfortable to shoot those heavy 338 pills shouldering a brace.

That’s encouraging. I’ll be running the same optic and similar weight can (ultra 7) but I ordered my Fix with the 6mm Creedmoor 26” Proof barrel and I’ll be having a 20” 6.5x47 Proof barrel made up for it as well.

Does anybody know of any other shops willing to do barrels that ideally don’t have 6 month backlogs? I’m aware of Tooley and Billy Goat Machine but want to have a few options to chose from.

I’d like to have a 6.5x47 Proof barrel done up.

@LongRifles Inc.

Chad needs to get prints and extensions ASAP!!

I would think he could turn these out with the quickness...

I'm sending my forend out in a few weeks for a company to to get measurements to make a part so my rifle will be down for 2-3 weeks anyway. I'd have no problem shipping the rest of the rifle somewhere else while its down if a shop needs to get measurements on one who may not otherwise have access to a Fix. I just wouldn't want it sitting at a shop for months on end until someone gets around to taking a few measurements.

Does anybody know of any other shops willing to do barrels that ideally don’t have 6 month backlogs? I’m aware of Tooley and Billy Goat Machine but want to have a few options to chose from.

I’d like to have a 6.5x47 Proof barrel done up.

American Precision Arms in GA, when I talked to them about doing a barrel they had not done one yet though but he buddy buddy with KB so he should not have a problem getting the parts.

Or it could just be this though i find it hard to believe.....

This was addressed on here, Kevin was callled out on the Out of Spec Statement, he recanted and said they couldn’t keep up with demand... Which is still BS bc there were 200 barrels sitting at the Vendor ready to ship, but word was, Kevin/Q wasn’t paying their bills to vendors..?

When all the Lawsuits are settled and NDAs lifted we will get the truth!!

Bartlein & Tooley being Out Of Spec, I mean come on. Besides Kevin has a long record of playing games and NOT delivering like the AAC SCAR Suppressors to FN who filed a lawsuit IIRC.

For you guys that already have a .308 or 6.5 Fix, did it come with the little rail for mounting a bipod or did you buy it separately? I see them for sale on the site, just don't want to end up with 2. Thanks in advance

For you guys that already have a .308 or 6.5 Fix, did it come with the little rail for mounting a bipod or did you buy it separately? I see them for sale on the site, just don't want to end up with 2. Thanks in advance

Mine came with two. But it was also a pre-order. So no idea what they come with now.

This was addressed on here, Kevin was callled out on the Out of Spec Statement, he recanted and said they couldn’t keep up with demand... Which is still BS bc there were 200 barrels sitting at the Vendor ready to ship, but word was, Kevin/Q wasn’t paying their bills to vendors..?

When all the Lawsuits are settled and NDAs lifted we will get the truth!!

Bartlein & Tooley being Out Of Spec, I mean come on. Besides Kevin has a long record of playing games and NOT delivering like the AAC SCAR Suppressors to FN who filed a lawsuit IIRC.

Boy your firing on all cylinders!

Same. Mine came with two.
Was yours a pre-order too?

Edit: Fun fact, Q test fires every single The Fix for accuracy before shipping them out. I knew that did this for function testing the honey badger but recently learned they do the fix as well.

Was yours a pre-order too?

Edit: Fun fact, Q test fires every single The Fix for accuracy before shipping them out. I knew that did this for function testing the honey badger but recently learned they do the fix as well.

I was part of the pre-order, serial number < 20.

Reactions: derk

Just picked mine up and it had two rail sections in the box.

Reactions: jeep94
Just bought one a few days ago and it had the 2 rail sections as well.
Question for the group- what’s a good option to mount a Harris bipod on this thing, either an adapter to the rail or a sling stud that will attach to the hand guard? I bought a cheap rail adapter off Amazon and it was junk, looking for something solid. I have an Atlas that I will use primarily but I want to have the option to use my taller Harris. Thanks.

Question for the group- what’s a good option to mount a Harris bipod on this thing, either an adapter to the rail or a sling stud that will attach to the hand guard? I bought a cheap rail adapter off Amazon and it was junk, looking for something solid. I have an Atlas that I will use primarily but I want to have the option to use my taller Harris. Thanks.

Do yourself a favor and get a RRS HC-Pro. It replaces the top portion of a swiveling Harris and mounts directly onto picatinny and Arca Swiss in the same mount.

Do yourself a favor and get a RRS HC-Pro. It replaces the top portion of a swiveling Harris and mounts directly onto picatinny and Arca Swiss in the same mount.
This is what I would do.
I have an adm which I think is great and at the time it was really the only quality option but now I think the RRS does more to future proof itself (arca ability unlike the adm) for only like 10 bucks more. http://soar.reallyrightstuff.com/HC-Pro-Clamp-for-Harris-Bipod

Reactions: Amccallister
I’m loving my 16” .308 Fix rifle. With my current set up including scope, night vision, bipod, and sling it weight right at 9.5 lbs. I’m looking to lighten it up a bit more if possible and the only way I see that happening is if I replace the barrel with a short 16” carbon fiber one. Does any one here know if that is made by anyone? Here’s a pic of my setup.

Attachments

• D0B7D705-A5EB-4672-8EC6-4319746067A9.jpeg
    D0B7D705-A5EB-4672-8EC6-4319746067A9.jpeg
    630.8 KB · Views: 134
I’m loving my 16” .308 Fix rifle. With my current set up including scope, night vision, bipod, and sling it weight right at 9.5 lbs. I’m looking to lighten it up a bit more if possible and the only way I see that happening is if I replace the barrel with a short 16” carbon fiber one. Does any one here know if that is made by anyone? Here’s a pic of my setup.

Your not going to save any weight by just swapping 16" barrels. The Proof barrel has a steel core. The Q 16" 308 barrel is the skinniest barrel you could put on the rifle.

I picked up my rifle with 26" Proof 6mm Creed tube on Wednesday and the ammo I ordered at the same time just arrived yesterday so I was able to get a few rounds down it. I just slapped a spare Mark 5 on it for the time being but it will probably end up with a S&B 5-20 US.

Really liking this rifle so far. The only issue I ran into was the magpuls don't feed reliably about 25% of the time. It's only when the top round is on the right side of the mag and even then it's about 50 % of the time. Could be a bad mag (only tried one of the two that it shipped with), could be the rifle just doesn't like them but I switched to a KAC 20rd mag and it feeds 100% from it. Not really a flaw of the rifle IMO and not the first time Pmags have given me feeding issues that quality metal mags solved. I'll probably try to pick up some 10rd KAC's to replace them.

I also ordered a 20" 6.5mm 8 twist Proof blank from Stockys that showed up today and I'm hoping to get a 6.5x47L tube spun up for it shortly.

I definitely see this rifle becoming my go to critter getter. There's nothing I don't like about it and it's incredibly handy and will be much more so once I have a 20" barrel. Even the butt pad that I've heard some people complain about doesn't bother me.

I have an ADM mount that works really well, but that RRS mount is likely an even better option if you don't mind not being able to mount it to a sling stud. But, FWIW - if you want to save some money or try it out - some guys here have just screwed a sling stud into a Q-sert threaded hole. I've done this to try it, and it would work fine if you are able to time the stud's alignment with a couple of shims/washers.

Reactions: Amccallister

You could save a tiny bit more weight by using a shorter top picatinny rail and lighter bipod

If anyone loads this up and was like "psh, I'm not watching a 45 minute video" - they discuss the Fix around the 11:00 minute mark. Apparently they tested a Fix and it didn't shoot particularly well.