• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

@DAVETOOLEY

Podcast 17...at 35:00 talk about 6.5 being more accurate than the 308 from the harder recoil but are sub moa

at 1:02:00
"I hope it becomes more available but readily, I have said it before, I dont ever want you to be able to walk into a store and have every Q product. I dont know, there is something to it to me. Its apart of the allure if you cant always get all of it... I want to cut back order, but i dont care about them readily available."

Reactions: Ernsky
the **** is a sugar weasel hahaha.... THIS TOTALLY CHANGES THINGS

EDIT: DO NOT. I REPEAT DO N O T google SUGAR WEASAL... It is an erotic male clown who dances naked... I learned something new today

listened to the pod cast again and they talked about a new product at a lower price point. I think its going to be a more vanilla ar

@DAVETOOLEY

Podcast 17...at 35:00 talk about 6.5 being more accurate than the 308 from the harder recoil but are sub moa

"I hope it becomes more available but readily, I have said it before, I dont ever want you to be able to walk into a store and have every Q product. I dont know, there is something to it to me. Its apart of the allure if you cant always get all of it... I want to cut back order, but i dont care about them readily available."
Seems you've drunk the kool aid. Good luck.

@DAVETOOLEY

Saying that heavier recoil makes a rifle less accurate is idiotic. The only thing recoil can make less accurate is the shooter, not the rifle itself.

I'll take a break from being frustrated to post an actual pic of the rifle. This will be a hunting rifle primarily so I have some Hornady Precision Hunter 178gr ELD-X, Federal Premium 150gr Nosler, and Nosler Trophy Grade 165gr Accubond that I am going to put through it on Friday if I haven't heard from Q by then. Lets just hope I can get an acceptable level of accuracy with one of these. Shots will be on whitetail up to 750 yards so there is a huge difference between 1.5moa and 0.75moa. An 11" spread is dicey... 5.75" is something I can work with.

fixq.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
They said they dont want to be there stuff to be constantly in stock. They have a high demand and they will lose a few customers as a results of this. But thats okay because i think you are right. They will sale them all and then they have more margin for to expand or R&D

They’re about to lose customers if they don’t make some barrels available for what they advertise as a switch barrel system. That or they’re going to lose money to the first company willing to make them.

This is honestly driving me nuts that they don’t have extra barrels available. Im afraid to shoot my 6 Creed as much as I’d like because I don’t know when or if I’ll be able to replace it.

They’re about to lose customers if they don’t make some barrels available for what they advertise as a switch barrel system. That or they’re going to lose money to the first company willing to make them.

This is honestly driving me nuts that they don’t have extra barrels available. Im afraid to shoot my 6 Creed as much as I’d like because I don’t know when or if I’ll be able to replace it.

They need to release the barrel ext...no reason why other people cant turn the barrel

I'll take a break from being frustrated to post an actual pic of the rifle. This will be a hunting rifle primarily so I have some Hornady Precision Hunter 178gr ELD-X, Federal Premium 150gr Nosler, and Nosler Trophy Grade 165gr Accubond that I am going to put through it on Friday if I haven't heard from Q by then. Lets just hope I can get an acceptable level of accuracy with one of these. Shots will be on whitetail up to 750 yards so there is a huge difference between 1.5moa and 0.75moa. An 11" spread is dicey... 5.75" is something I can work with.

View attachment 6996153
Maybe I missed your prior post. What issues are you having? What barrel do you have currently?

In the same boat as you. Sitting on a 260 rem proof barrel afraid I'll burn it out and not have another.

In the same boat as you. Sitting on a 260 rem proof barrel afraid I'll burn it out and not have another.
Myself and for that matter anyone else can reuse your extensions. In fact you could have a chambered barrel waiting on the shelf. When you make the decision to swap barrels it's simple for me to move the extension to the new barrel.

Myself and for that matter anyone else can reuse your extensions. In fact you could have a chambered barrel waiting on the shelf. When you make the decision to swap barrels it's simple for me to move the extension to the new barrel.
Does the extension headspace with a jam nut or lock ring?

Maybe I missed your prior post. What issues are you having? What barrel do you have currently?

I bought a rifle from a dealer that was advertised as having the B/T barrel. Paid a little more just bc it had that barrel. It came in, but after it had been transferred I learned that the barrel was actually just the standard “Q barrel”/ Green Mountain. I called my dealer (who was just as confused as I was) and he sent me their invoice which clearly says that the rifle (with my S/N) has a 16” B/T barrel. I then emailed Q about the issue and they just said that too many B/T barrels were out of spec and they got better accuracy from what they called the “Q barrel” and that they don’t offer the B/T anymore. They failed to address the fact that I paid a premium for what, on their own site, they consider a barrel upgrade. I emailed them again about it and haven’t gotten a response. I don’t want to shoot the rifle bc I would prefer the barrel that I ordered in the first place. However, if they would assure me that they will take care of any accuracy issues (I expect around 0.75 moa with at least one quality hunting round... I expect more out of my far less expensive Bergara), I’m willing to try the barrel. I just don’t want to be in a situation where I am SOL with a $3k rifle. I’m a student and it took some sacrifices to be able to afford that rifle and I want it to be able to perform. On my hunting property, shots are anywhere from 0-800y with the majority being in the 400-500y range. It would be hard for me to pull the trigger on something 700 yards out with a 1.25-1.5moa rifle. Not enough certainty there for me personally

So you’re speculating that your rifle isn’t accurate just because it doesn’t have the Bartlein without having shot it?

I can understand being upset that you thought you were paying for something and not getting it, and for that I do believe you’re entitled to some sort of compensation or the ability to return it for a full refund if you so choose but assuming it’s going to shoot bad doesn’t make any sense.

@midSCarolina i think you ought to shoot it and find out. Q isn’t going to not do anything because you pinky promise you haven’t fired it. Go out there with a quality match round (not a hunting round) and see what it does. Only one way to find out. Lots of people have said theirs shoot awesome. Some have complained. But the old business rule about how many that voice complaints vs how many that won’t voice their happiness with the product. Just try it.

Just as an aside, my experience with GM barrels has been quite good. That being said, they usually need about 100rds to break in and "settle down". After that though, they have all shot well. A lot more of this has to do with who is chambering the barrel, not necessarily the blank itself.

So you’re speculating that your rifle isn’t accurate just because it doesn’t have the Bartlein without having shot it?

I can understand being upset that you thought you were paying for something and not getting it, and for that I do believe you’re entitled to some sort of compensation or the ability to return it for a full refund if you so choose but assuming it’s going to shoot bad doesn’t make any sense.
I dont think thats what he w
Just as an aside, my experience with GM barrels has been quite good. That being said, they usually need about 100rds to break in and "settle down". After that though, they have all shot well. A lot more of this has to do with who is chambering the barrel, not necessarily the blank itself.
Does anyone know who is chambering the GM barrels?

I would image the Q folks...but have no idea if that is true or not.

Not making any assumptions, just wanted to go ahead and address the issue so that they are aware and see if they have any preference on how to proceed.

They actually just emailed me back and said they would check with management and get back to me.

Reactions: Ernsky
I find it odd no one from Q has chimed in on this forum recently.

Dave, I keep hearing “out of spec” for the Bartlien barrels here recently to include the email I got from Q. What exactly is out of spec to the point where swapping the barrel for a GM is the solution?

I find it odd no one from Q has chimed in on this forum recently.

Dave, I keep hearing “out of spec” for the Bartlien barrels here recently to include the email I got from Q. What exactly is out of spec to the point where swapping the barrel for a GM is the solution?
Frank can chime in here if he wants to but in a nutshell Bartlein had a drawing for the 308 barrel. There was an issue with the blend line at the muzzle with one lot of barrels. Strictly cosmetic. Come to find out Q knew about it and had changed the print but didn't tell anyone. As always Bartlein offered to correct the problem. Q said we need the barrels now and fixed them themselves. Quick simple fix. Should have been the end of the story but not with some people.
Switching from Bartlein to GM. Basic economics.

Last edited:
@midSCarolina i think you ought to shoot it and find out. Q isn’t going to not do anything because you pinky promise you haven’t fired it. Go out there with a quality match round (not a hunting round) and see what it does. Only one way to find out. Lots of people have said theirs shoot awesome. Some have complained. But the old business rule about how many that voice complaints vs how many that won’t voice their happiness with the product. Just try it.

I am happy to put some match ammo through it, but I don't hunt with match ammo so if it can't shoot any hunting ammo well, it kinda defeats the purpose. I have heard of ppl using the standard Hornady ELD match for hunting so I will try it out but based on my experience, there is very little difference between the accuracy/precision of the ELD and ELD-X. My other rifles will push the hunting ammo just fine. The ELD-X typically shoots better than the ELD in the rifle I hunt with now. Its not like I'm taking federal fusion or some soft lead tip stuff I got for a deal out there and expecting it shoot lights out. I asked for ammo recommendations from Q so we will see what they say.

Reactions: Bradu
Sure. But I worry people are putting soft point Remington yellow box and then saying it doesn’t shoot well. It needs match ammo for testing

I am happy to put some match ammo through it, but I don't hunt with match ammo so if it can't shoot any hunting ammo well, it kinda defeats the purpose. I have heard of ppl using the standard Hornady ELD match for hunting so I will try it out but based on my experience, there is very little difference between the accuracy/precision of the ELD and ELD-X. My other rifles will push the hunting ammo just fine. The ELD-X typically shoots better than the ELD in the rifle I hunt with now. Its not like I'm taking federal fusion or some soft lead tip stuff I got for a deal out there and expecting it shoot lights out. I asked for ammo recommendations from Q so we will see what they say.

I'm curious to see how they handle it. If it were me personally I wouldn't shoot it until they figure out what they're going to do about it. Refund the upgrade price, install the B/T barrel you paid a premium for or return for full refund seem to be

When I spoke with Nick at Q about the barrels like a month ago the only thing he mentioned about the Bartlien tooley was that they cleaned the easiest. Something to the effect of one wipe and it was sparkling clean

Reactions: TXGunner308
When I spoke with Nick at Q about the barrels like a month ago the only thing he mentioned about the Bartlien tooley was that they cleaned the easiest. Something to the effect of one wipe and it was sparkling clean

I would agree, My 6.5 is very easy to clean up.

I would agree, My 6.5 is very easy to clean up.

Good to hear. Glad I was able to cop one. Speaking of TXGunner.. $10 says that sugar weasel is a 8.6 version of the HB with a piston. But I guess that’s another thread for another day

Good to hear. Glad I was able to cop one. Speaking of TXGunner.. $10 says that sugar weasel is a 8.6 version of the HB with a piston. But I guess that’s another thread for another day

Well, looky, looky...you just might be right.

It said on the info that the sugar Weasel is a 7 inch 300BLK

Well, chit...I just looked again. You're right.

Sugar Weasel™
SW-300BLK-7IN-PISTOL
300BLK, 7 IN, PISTOL, OG OPERATING SYSTEM
MSRP...$1,599

It’s a lower price point ar...

The 8.6 wouldn’t fit on an ar 15 frame. They originally said no bigger frame ar, but now they said maybe

@derk not an asshome just owe me 10 bucks that’s all. Haha

On a serious note how was it building your own fix? What specs did you go with?

Well, looky, looky...you just might be right.

Does this video bug anyone else? There is hardly any substance, just a lot of buzz words w/o the numbers. Also, why does he make bolt manipulation look so difficult? Fix owners: is it necessary to chicken wing like that to run the bolt?

Also, this flies in the face of KBs claim the 8.6 is quieter than a subsonic 22.

why does he make bolt manipulation look so difficult? Fix owners: is it necessary to chicken wing like that to run the bolt?

I thought the same thing when I saw him trying to manipulate the bolt. My bolt is smooth and requires very little effort to cycle it.

There’s another 8.6 video by kitbadger that has a semi auto noveske N6 in 8.6CM. Looks cool to me. I’m interested. Could just be the way that guy runs a bolt. Hard to hate on a specific product based on one thing on one video.

There’s another 8.6 video by kitbadger that has a semi auto noveske N6 in 8.6CM. Looks cool to me. I’m interested. Could just be the way that guy runs a bolt. Hard to hate on a specific product based on one thing on one video.
im not hating on it - im just very skeptical of some of the claims coming from Q, including the claim 8.6 is quieter than a subsonic 22, which this video shows may not be true.

Not very happy with the 2019 price hike. $3k for a Honey Badger combo....ooof