• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

The original hand guard is a proprietary setup from Q. I believe it's called Q-sert. They claim it has some crazy shear strength compared to MLOK, but so far I haven't been impressed with it's practicality. Your only option for accessories is from Q directly. I've got the two picatinny rail sections that came with the rifle, and I've ordered one of their sling swivels. The Q rail sections are only available in one length. Great for a bipod, but too short for a RRS dovetail mount (only two of the three screws can engage).

The Q-sert sling mount is garbage. It assumes that there's space inside the hand guard for the end of the swivel. I've got a pre-ordered rifle with a factory installed 24" Proof research barrel that has a greater OD than any of their steel barrel options. If I put Q's sling mount on the rail and then try to attach a sling, the QD swivel on my sling can't engage without pressing directly against the barrel. I'm currently using a Magpul product that attaches to the top rail and has a sling mount angled down at 45 degrees.

Does anyone make any accessories aftermarket for these rifles, or are we stuck with the factory accessories that use a proprietary mounting system?

Are there really not enough of these out to market to really support that yet?

Seems like someone could jump in and make a few accessories like sling mounts and longer rails pretty easy, or is the fear of litigation to strong of a deterrent for most. Assuming that there is some sort of patent/copyright deal with his proprietary mounting holes.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
There’s another 8.6 video by kitbadger that has a semi auto noveske N6 in 8.6CM. Looks cool to me. I’m interested. Could just be the way that guy runs a bolt. Hard to hate on a specific product based on one thing on one video.
Mine was very sticky so I bumped the shoulder back another thou or two which helped. Every so often it can be difficult.

im not hating on it - im just very skeptical of some of the claims coming from Q, including the claim 8.6 is quieter than a subsonic 22, which this video shows may not be true.

Not making any wild claims....but I have a 11 inch 338 KraZy Ivan that shoots a 300 gr SMK @ 1050 FPS through my Sig 338 TI can...and it’s extremely quiet.

Reactions: Bender
My buddy who started his own machine shop about a year ago made me an early birthday present. An Arca rail for the Q! It's 6" long, has holes for stop screws front and rear, attaches with 3 screws which are the same dimensions as the standard Q screws, made out of T6061 aluminum and it has NO sharp edges or machine cuts in the bottom which makes it feel nice in the hand.

I'm going to organize a group buy for a batch of them that I hope to have finalized soon. The final product will be tumbled and hard coat anodized for a clean strong finish.

What do you guys think?

@derk not an asshome just owe me 10 bucks that’s all. Haha

On a serious note how was it building your own fix? What specs did you go with?

Haha all good man.. 10 doll hairs in the mail.

I Did a .308" with custom colors. At the time I built it I was the only person with my color combination so I'm hoping it stays that way. As far as the build goes, the guys I spent the day with were super chill. The stuff I learned about the gun and how it went together, I never would have learned. Knowing the in-depth assembly isn't totally necessary because 99% of people aren't doing anything deeper than cleaning the bolt or doing a barrel swap but it was nice to know all the little intricacies and techniques. There's a lot of stuff I heard and saw that day that's not on the interwebs. Small things like hearing it won't shoot .mil ammo cause the primers are too hard, what kind of ammo they accuracy test with (fed gold match).. that little bit earlier about B/T barrels cleaning easier and how to put the pistol grip on without destroying the springs... all made it worth it. I was even privileged to hear about a project Q is working on, a part..not a gun, that I've never seen mentioned anywhere or heard in the podcasts, even to this day. The icing on the cake was getting all that good knowledge and history all while drinking beer and kicking it with what I would consider a bunch of bros. 10/10 would recommend. My fiance, who couldn't care less about the build even said she had a great time.

Looking for some imput please. I already have three super accurate rifles, but they are all over 14lbs. My best buddy and I have decited to start training for the Mammoth match in 2020, and "The Fix" appears to be one of the best choices bc of light weight as a primary gun at just over 6LBS. I only have two concenrs, the stiff bolt manipulation without breaking contact with the cheekpad, and two barrel replacement. Barrel not so match bc Dave can hook me up, but a spare barrel extension would be a concenr too. I do plan on using 6mm instead of 6.5. I also plan on shooting a lot. Besides the point... Is this the right setup fo rthe match since we estimate 31 mile rucksack walking with 19min part time?

Found a place to shoot 1000 yards today. Loved it! I’m getting about 3 out of 4 hits on a 2/3 IPSC target. I’m pretty sure the misses are because I haven’t been able to figure out how to truly dial out parallax. No matter how much I fiddle with it, the reticle still moves off target if I move my head at all. I’m pretty sure the gun isn’t moving...just my head.

Any tricks?

The Fix is awesome, and the K318i is pretty incredible too. At 1k, I’m able to see the hits on steel - not talking about movement - the smudges...wow.

Last edited:
My buddy who started his own machine shop about a year ago made me an early birthday present. An Arca rail for the Q! It's 6" long, has holes for stop screws front and rear, attaches with 3 screws which are the same dimensions as the standard Q screws, made out of T6061 aluminum and it has NO sharp edges or machine cuts in the bottom which makes it feel nice in the hand.

I'm going to organize a group buy for a batch of them that I hope to have finalized soon. The final product will be tumbled and hard coat anodized for a clean strong finish.

What do you guys think?

I’m in!

Yeah it looks high. But shooter preference right?

He’s running a 20 inch barrel I see...

Soooooooooo I’ve got a barrel headed to Mr Tooley. 16.5 inch Proof Carbon. Really excited. The goal is light, short and accurate 6.5CM. Can’t wait!

Sounds pretty sweet. I am looking to do something similar eventually (hopefully later this year). Q is replacing my barrel with the B/T 16" .308, but if I can't get a hold of one of the B/T 22" barrels, I would like a 24" 6.5 proof barrel for when I want to reach out a little further. Would my 16" have to be cannibalized to provide the extension for the new barrel or can Dave make it happen without needing a sacrificial barrel?

308 version here. I’ve cleaned and have shot roughly 300-400 rounds. The photo is with Hornady 168gr match ammo right off the bat when I got to the range at 100 yards. This rifle is equipped with the Q barrel. I just need to work on finer tuning to get to the center

Attachments

• E782C6A7-D889-4575-BF18-5B06FFC07509.jpeg
    E782C6A7-D889-4575-BF18-5B06FFC07509.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 41
Yeah currently there’s no extensions anywhere. Gotta use the one it came with.

Ouch.... well I guess i'll have to see how the barrel it came with shoots before I start hocking off organs to buy something else. Q did come through and say they would replace the barrel with the B/T that it was supposed to come with. I really need to get this thing back in my hands and get some rounds downrange. Don't know why I have been so stressed over the accuracy of something I haven't even fired... I think I have driven Q's CS and Mr. Tooley half insane with my concern haha.

308 version here. I’ve cleaned and have shot roughly 300-400 rounds. The photo is with Hornady 168gr match ammo right off the bat when I got to the range at 100 yards. This rifle is equipped with the Q barrel. I just need to work on finer tuning to get to the center

Is that all one group?

Pretty sad...it's like driving a collector car and watching the mileage.
Cars were meant to be driven and rifles meant to be shot. I don’t know what you guys are afraid of. Tooley can swap your current extension. And at some point I’m sure Q would release them. I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot all you want. You’re not going to wear out the extension anytime soon

In what order was the flyer on the left?

Cars were meant to be driven and rifles meant to be shot. I don’t know what you guys are afraid of. Tooley can swap your current extension. And at some point I’m sure Q would release them. I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot all you want. You’re not going to wear out the extension anytime soon

I think it's just the idea of "spare" parts not being readily available.

The issue is it’s a advertised as a switch barrel system... so let me switch the barrels

I don't have any group photos that I am proud of, mostly because I don't think I am a particularly great shot, but I will echo the point that I think the big difference between the .308 and 6.5 options (I have both factory options in B/T barrels) is generally that the .308 is just harder to shoot well due to it's weight.

I was initially a little disappointed with my .308 barrel until I worked on my own form & technique and my groups tightened up. I can't wait for a nicer buttpad so I can have a bit more enjoyable extended shooting sessions with it. It sounds a little 'weak', but the .308 really seems to beat the hell out of me, haha.

I have had good results from 175gr FGGM and a 165gr BTSP Hornady 'Custom' that I took hunting whitetail (without luck).

I did use some cheap stuff to get on paper when I sighted my new optic, I believe it was PPU 165gr, and it wasn't amazing, and tried a box of PMC X-Tac 168gr that was fine but not particularly noteworthy.

Oh and another 'duh' tip that I noticed - my bolt really smooths up with just a small bit of lube.

Reactions: DAVETOOLEY
I don't have any group photos that I am proud of, mostly because I don't think I am a particularly great shot, but I will echo the point that I think the big difference between the .308 and 6.5 options (I have both factory options in B/T barrels) is generally that the .308 is just harder to shoot well due to it's weight.

I was initially a little disappointed with my .308 barrel until I worked on my own form & technique and my groups tightened up. I can't wait for a nicer buttpad so I can have a bit more enjoyable extended shooting sessions with it. It sounds a little 'weak', but the .308 really seems to beat the hell out of me, haha.

I have had good results from 175gr FGGM and a 165gr BTSP Hornady 'Custom' that I took hunting whitetail (without luck).

I did use some cheap stuff to get on paper when I sighted my new optic, I believe it was PPU 165gr, and it wasn't amazing, and tried a box of PMC X-Tac 168gr that was fine but not particularly noteworthy.

Oh and another 'duh' tip that I noticed - my bolt really smooths up with just a small bit of lube.
I’d have to agree that my shoulder took a little beating the first 3 consecutive trips I took to the range, but I am use to it now. My groups were all over the place when using cheap Winchester ammo but greatly improved when I switched to outback match and then Hornady match. I just keep telling myself that the groupings will get better as I break it in more and with some cleaning and lubing. I will try to make it back out to the range this weekend.

What do you guys think?

PM me know the details.

I took my 308 out on Saturday with Federal Non Typical 150gr with my magnetospeed and I think the avg was just over 2600 fps and the accuracy is what I expected from that round, 2-2.5" with a few touching pairs. The group opened when the speed was more than 20 fps off the avg. This rifle is sub moa with FGMM all day. I went deer hunting on Sunday and walked up on a sounder and had an Oh Shit moment and took four shots with the fifth shot misfeeding and ending my fun. I need to practice my off hand if this going to keep happening.

I took my 308 out on Saturday with Federal Non Typical 150gr with my magnetospeed and I think the avg was just over 2600 fps and the accuracy is what I expected from that round, 2-2.5" with a few touching pairs. The group opened when the speed was more than 20 fps off the avg. This rifle is sub moa with FGMM all day. I went deer hunting on Sunday and walked up on a sounder and had an Oh Shit moment and took four shots with the fifth shot misfeeding and ending my fun. I need to practice my off hand if this going to keep happening.
What gr FMGG are you getting sub moa all day with?

FGMM 175s have never shot anything but sub MOA for me (though not in a fix). I wonder if the 308 being light weight is showing people’s flaws and that’s why they are unhappy with the groups. Let’s face it, some rifles are easier to GROUP than others. If anyone is getting less than MOA with 175 FGMM id be willing to wager it’s not the ammo.

FGMM 175s have never shot anything but sub MOA for me (though not in a fix). I wonder if the 308 being light weight is showing people’s flaws and that’s why they are unhappy with the groups. Let’s face it, some rifles are easier to GROUP than others. If anyone is getting less than MOA with 175 FGMM id be willing to wager it’s not the ammo.
Good point and very possible. If thats the case I’ll sell and move on.

I agree. Any 308 worth it's salt will shoot 175 GMM rounds sub moa. The gun is more difficult to shoot given it's weight and size. My first couple range sessions I was not to impressed with my groups but as I got use to the gun the groups got smaller and consistent. I'm personally thinking about adding the limbsaver mod to mine just to make more enjoyable to shoot for longer range sessions.

I've also got a virgin 260 rem proof barrel I'm wanting to try out :devilish:

Good point and very possible. If thats the case I’ll sell and move on.
Dude you’ve got to give this a chance. What I’m saying is there’s a big difference between shooting a 6lb fix and a 21lb Mk13 or even a 14lb AIAX. What you’re trading in weight is an offset to the patience and skill required. It wasn’t really designed to shoot groups but it certainly can be done. I just wonder if people’s expectations aren’t correct.

Now paying for an upgrade and not getting it then being told “is what it is” isn’t right. But you can’t expect a glock 43 to shoot the same as a P226. The 226 is so much more pleasant and EASY to shoot because of its size and weight. That doesn’t mean the glock 43 is a P O S. It means I have to work at it a little. Wouldn’t be fair to blame the Glock for “having lots of recoil” compared to the Sig P226. Make sense? I hate to see you give up on this gun. I have a soft spot for you because you saved me 700 bucks on my Fix haha.

Wanna buy my 6.5 22 inch barrel? (Which can be chopped by Tooley if you want short and handy)