• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

Put 10 rounds through the Q 22 inch 6.5 barrel. Was really windy. Only managed .742 MOA. I believe I could have done much better. It was cold and windy. This was Norma 130 match. Avg 2779 with an SD of 28.

Love this rifle. Can’t wait to get the short barrel on it and find what load it likes...

Did I mention the trigger? Best one I’ve ever felt. So clean and crisp. I don’t know how people can hate on this rifle. It’s awesome.
Just curious, what other triggers have you tried? Its definitely not bad, but not earth shattering either.

Reactions: Shrubjr
Check out the latest Instagram post from Q.

The comment section is worth a read...
Eh they had to deal with a lot of trolls and pissy people especially on the silencer thread. That pacoramirez guy and a couple others. I can see why Kevin and the guys over there got fed up with forum stuff. It's sad that they let it get to them and no longer contribute but I get it.

Just curious, what other triggers have you tried? Its definitely not bad, but not earth shattering either.
I've had a Timney, Jewell, X mark Pro and stock Browning on bolt guns...
3 different Giessele models, RRA National Match (my preferred 2 stage for ARs) and various stock AR triggers.

I know I haven't had a ton of experience but this is by far the best one i've ever used. Zero creep. Crisp clean break, light take up on the first stage... the take up is a little long and I read that you can adjust it so I think I'm gonna try that but it feels so good right now I hate to mess with it...

Thinking about PAINTING The Fix.... anything I should know? I've painted many many rifles but not The Fix...

Same... trigger is fine but i kinda did the "meh, that will work" thing. It shouldn't cause any issues... its pretty crisp, but I don't think I will be surprised by it like I have been with some of my other triggers where I make the decision to shoot and the trigger pull is more of an unconscious thing with the muzzle flash really being my first indicator that the trigger has been pulled (I honestly love when this happens bc it is like time slows way down and I see that dark field light up my brain is like "alright, its off" and it feels like its a good second or so before you get the sound and recoil). My personal preference would be to have a little heavier first stage and a little lighter second stage. Anyways.... I'm also more of a single stage person so that might have something to do with it. Overall I was happy with the trigger tho

Last edited:
#buttpadmod shout out to @JurrassicClark for this brilliant idea. Works like a champ. Little dremmeling is involved if you insist is be straight which I do haha. But it was easy.

Limbsaver 10806 from Cabela’s
2x 1/2 long 10-24 TPI bolts from Lowe’s
2x 10-24 TPI nuts from Lowe’s

Total cost 39.24 after tax.

I really like this mod!
I did a similar one using an AI buttpad and a crudely made aluminum spacer/adapter, but the downside is I have to be careful with it folded because said spacer will contact the rail. So my rifle is practically never folded now. This doesnt have that problem... Very nice.

Reactions: JurrassicClark
Not very happy with the 2019 price hike. $3k for a Honey Badger combo....ooof

I think Q is ramping up for larger scale production. I know the plastics company they use is for prototyping/low-volume production and they want to have the receivers forged. The tooling for all that is HUGE money so it's understandable if that's the reason for the price hike

Same... trigger is fine but i kinda did the "meh, that will work" thing. It shouldn't cause any issues... its pretty crisp, but I don't think I will be surprised by it like I have been with some of my other triggers where I make the decision to shoot and the trigger pull is more of an unconscious thing with the muzzle flash really being my first indicator that the trigger has been pulled (I honestly love when this happens bc it is like time slows way down and I see that dark field light up my brain is like "alright, its off" and it feels like its a good second or so before you get the sound and recoil). My personal preference would be to have a little heavier first stage and a little lighter second stage. Anyways.... I'm also more of a single stage person so that might have something to do with it. Overall I was happy with the trigger tho
When will your rifle be back? I am excited to have you shoot it finally. Maybe my trigger is one of the better ones (if you watch the video they mention that they are all a little different and that they test each one for pull and creep)... I'm telling you it's the best trigger I've ever felt. But maybe we all like different things. I went through 3 Geissele models before finding the Rock River National Match to be far superior. I don't understand the crazy devotion to Geissele triggers that people have. For me they were all a meh. Certainly for the money. I bought RRA NM for 55 bucks shipped. The G triggers were 200+ and I just don't get it. I've only fired 10 rounds about 100 dry fires but I love the trigger on the FIX.

Just read it. Literally called the people on here "fags"... that's a bold move cotton
I'd love to read that, but he actually banned me on IG because I asked him about the testing data that led him to claim their new cartridge is quieter than a subsonic 22lr.
I literally had the paperwork started for both a Full Neslon and El Camino, and was considering a Fix, but after my dealings w/ him, any company he is employed by will never see a dime from me. I understand there are customers who ask stupid questions, and I know this industry is unique in that you can be rude and miss deadlines, and its accepted, but his attitude and demeanor are just on another level.

I'd love to read that, but he actually banned me on IG because I asked him about the testing data that led him to claim their new cartridge is quieter than a subsonic 22lr.
I literally had the paperwork started for both a Full Neslon and El Camino, and was considering a Fix, but after my dealings w/ him, any company he is employed by will never see a dime from me. I understand there are customers who ask stupid questions, and I know this industry is unique in that you can be rude and miss deadlines, and its accepted, but his attitude and demeanor are just on another level.

I'm glad I sold mine. First and last thing I'll buy from Q. With people like that, it's just not worth supporting their company. Too many other good guys in the industry to deal with rather then sending any of my money to Q.

When will your rifle be back? I am excited to have you shoot it finally. Maybe my trigger is one of the better ones (if you watch the video they mention that they are all a little different and that they test each one for pull and creep)... I'm telling you it's the best trigger I've ever felt. But maybe we all like different things. I went through 3 Geissele models before finding the Rock River National Match to be far superior. I don't understand the crazy devotion to Geissele triggers that people have. For me they were all a meh. Certainly for the money. I bought RRA NM for 55 bucks shipped. The G triggers were 200+ and I just don't get it. I've only fired 10 rounds about 100 dry fires but I love the trigger on the FIX.

I'm was hoping at the beginning of next week but it looks like the label has been created but they are sitting on it. Our practice closes at 1pm on fridays which is always a good time to get out before anyone else is off work because I want to spend about 4 hours with it. Also the longer I have to wait, the more different types of ammunition I end up with and thats a lot of data logging if I want to be able to get out and shoot the remaining rounds at actual targets rather than for groups on paper. I'm definitely ready to get out there. I do love what the rifle is and I just need to get out there and get some rounds through it.

I'm glad I sold mine. First and last thing I'll buy from Q. With people like that, it's just not worth supporting their company. Too many other good guys in the industry to deal with rather then sending any of my money to Q.
Hate to see you go but I get it. For me the rifle is too good to let one bad apple spoil the bunch. There’s good engineering that went into this. I don’t care if the face and marketing/Money guy is an asshat sometimes. Lots of smart people lack people skills haha. I can’t deny the innovation though. Its a nice rifle. What sold me on it had zero to do with Kevin. I watched the Kitbadger deep dive video series where Nick the engineer explains the how and why. After that knowledge you go put your hands on one and you’re done. Sold.

I got banned for asking about the bottle rocket and what sort of improvement to recoil reduction it’ll give over the cherry bomb.
I asked 3 times in the same post and was like why can’t you just answer the question so I know before I buy it? Instead of yo dawg it’s the best shit ever responses.

Reactions: rwest309
I am on the fence now with the comment as my phone was being hit with people pointing it out to me.

Kevin reached out to me last year about coming to the factory and I want to, my schedule was just too busy. So I had to postpone.

This year I set aside some time for that and today I get messages about the site members being called fags.

Something about a 308 not shooting, but then again these guys who baited Q into comment dont' know the difference between Accuracy and Competitiveness, most people agree in competitions the 308 is not competitive. Different from not being accurate. However there also appears to be an issue with 308 barrels, either contour or something at least reading the last few pages it appears that way.

I have his email but if I just wasting my time, I won't bother.

I got banned for asking about the bottle rocket and what sort of improvement to recoil reduction it’ll give over the cherry bomb.
I asked 3 times in the same post and was like why can’t you just answer the question so I know before I buy it? Instead of yo dawg it’s the best shit ever responses.

He doesn't like to be questioned... that is very clear. When you call the cherry bomb a brake and tout that it doesn't have to be timed because of the 360degree ports, it raises red flags. You can't time the damn thing because of the absolutely pointless taper that he puts on the barrel to "make everything fit better" or something, and that is why it will never be an effective brake. What are you going to do, make tapered shims??? If he actually designed this rifle, he has to know enough to understand that a lot of the stuff he makes is purely cosmetic but I guess that is hard for him to admit. ETA: And @Movistar, I'm not sure why it is surprising that they are switching out the barrel. You can't label a product as something that it isn't... it wasn't my dealer who just decided to slap that label on it, thats what Q said was on it... my dealer just didn't know the difference. You can't use Bartlein and Dave Tooley's good name to sell a product that has nothing to do with them. I showed the whole thing to my lawyer (not for legal reasons, but bc he is a good friend and one of my hunting partners) and he was like nah, absolutely can't do that. Thats what I was pissed about, I don't know dick about the accuracy of my rifle. But when I got on here and no one seemed to shoot the .308 well, yes, i got a little involved because I wanted (and still want) to figure out what is going on. If it weren't for the barrel snafu, I would have a pretty solid idea but instead of being outside with my rifle and a big ass smile on my face I am sitting on my computer having to deal with this guy taking passes at me and everyone else on here for wanting hard data. I probably shouldn't have gotten into it over the hunting ammo because I can see how it may have come across as me thinking the rifle was inaccurate, but I thought that info was based off of actual data. I had no idea it was speculative. I usually stand behind the companies and people I do business with (even if there are a few hiccups) because I take pride in owning good products from good people, but this is tough.

And that gtrjohnny guy that is doing the bitching about the people on snipershide is some douchy DJ out of Dallas. Now I remember why I took a hard pass on instagram. But seriously, check out the guys website... its a trip.

Last edited:
He doesn't like to be questioned... that is very clear. When you call the cherry bomb a brake and tout that it doesn't have to be timed because of the 360degree ports, it raises red flags. You can't time the damn thing because of the absolutely pointless taper that he puts on the barrel to "make everything fit better" or something, and that is why it will ever be an effective brake. What are you going to do, make tapered shims??? If he actually designed this rifle, he has to know enough to understand that a lot of the stuff he makes is purely cosmetic but I guess that is hard for him to admit.
100% he doesn’t like to be questioned.
But that’s his marketing model.
Create a strong following by putting out ‘facts’ that claim your products are perfect and a cut above the rest, praise the fan boys for agreeing with you and spreading your ‘facts’ and people will catch on and see the strong cycle of people spreading your marketing and others praising you for spreading it and more and more will keep spreading them because they want to look smart and be part of cool club too.
Anyone that disagrees or questions them is just stupid and they either make them go away or just insult them.

It’s a good way to gain traction quickly but anyone with half a brain sees through it.

@midSCarolina no man the tapers have a purpose and are a very good way of aligning things. They offer an adaptor if you want to run another brake.

Look I’m not here to defend nor to bash. I love the rifle. I can’t comprehend ruining the Bartlein Tooley relationship. I can’t deny the marketing genius. I wouldn’t call any of my clients fags and I would certainly answer questions from clients and prospective clients about my products. But I’m not Kevin. He’s going to lose some business over it. But the products are still selling like crazy.

@Lowlight I’d love to get one of the green mountain barreled 308s for you to try. Maybe you can get to the bottom of it. Q has Candice Horner shooting a 100 dollar bill with one (but I believe it was a Bartlein barrel) But “a few” here have claimed their 308 with the green mountain barrels don’t shoot as well as they hoped. I hope we can see you do a review on one. It is a revolutionary product.

Reactions: esw004
@midSCarolina I said I was surprised because others have reported being told “it is what it is” and not having their barrel swapped. I totally agree you can’t do what they are doing. They need to fully disclose that they don’t have a Bartlein barrel on it and refund the difference if there is one. And throw in a T shirt. And for hells sakes just be honest about it.

That’s why I was surprised they changed yours out. Others haven’t been so lucky. But I believe it’s because they are out of 6.5 barrels but still have 308. Pure speculation but it’s my hunch.

@Lowlight I have a new unfired 308 Fix in a Brighton Colorado that you can take out and run through it’s paces. This one has a GM barrel so we all could get a good idea of accuracy potential.

Reactions: withoutwarning
@Lowlight I have a new unfired 308 Fix in a Brighton Colorado that you can take out and run through it’s paces. This one has a GM barrel so we all could get a good idea of accuracy potential.

We can probably set that up, with SHOT next week I will be out of pocket until After, but we can certainly plan a day at the range and see what the drama is about and why the members here were labeled "fags" by them.

@Drew890 @Lowlight ive got a box of FGMM 175grn id be happy to donate for the cause. Someone send PM me a mailing address. I don’t own any 308 anymore and have one box left.

We can probably set that up, with SHOT next week I will be out of pocket until After, but we can certainly plan a day at the range and see what the drama is about and why the members here were labeled "fags" by them.
Sounds good. The rifle is at your disposal.

Reactions: Scotch_egg
@Drew890 @Lowlight ive got a box of FGMM 175grn id be happy to donate for the cause. Someone send PM me a mailing address. I don’t own any 308 anymore and have one box left.

I'll take it :D

Jk... i already have some. My rifle actually left the factory... probably with some pubes or something stuffed inside but hey... thats what I get for running my mouth on the internet. So next friday is a solid go. This is what I am working with:
f5kik9A.jpg

If there is any other type of ammo (has to be available at Sportsmans Warehouse or Palmetto State Armory since I don't have time to order it online) that you would like to see put through my rifle, or any specific data points y'all want recorded, let me know and I will be happy to do whatever I can to make it happen. I will also take another rifle or two out there just so yall can see my ability through something else. I am going to give this rifle way more of a chance than I really should given the circumstances. I do know that I am taking my business straight to Phil @ Innovative Arms (local to me... awesome guy) for this rifle's suppressor. He can keep his "Trash Pandas" o_O and "Thunder Chickens" o_Oo_Oo_O. It better perform tho bc I have never been on instagram of facebook or any of those places but I think @budget-bolt-actions-vs-the-fix-by-q is a little on the long side but has a nice ring to it.

Reactions: rwest309
I have not had one negative experience with Kevin. He’s been very helpful with the questions i have had ranging from the purchases of my honey badger sbr, fix, and next on the list is a mini fix. I guess we can say he can be a bit abrasive.

Reactions: esw004
I have not had one negative experience with Kevin. He’s been very helpful with the questions i have had ranging from the purchases of my honey badger sbr, fix, and next on the list is a mini fix. I guess we can say he can be a bit abrasive.

Nevermind... not productive

I'll get back to y'all when I have some results.

If I was lowlight I wouldn't give Q/Kevin the time of day. Unless he sends him a free rifle himself to review. Or pays him to review it. While it is good you can have a shooter like Frank put rounds through the gun to see what it actually does, I wouldn't give Q/Kevin any press or a free review of a well respected person such as lowlight. Especially after saying that crap about the Hide and the way he goes around spewing garbage about people like Bartlein and Dave Tooley. Dragging folks through the mud..

I would assume this would just be a accuracy test for a GM barrel and leave it at that. Either way it's still pushing product/sales for them if it's decent. Unless it's a 1.5 moa gun. Then the opposite effect. I personally wouldn't give Q the free review. At least not from the "fags" over here on the hide...

If I was lowlight I wouldn't give Q/Kevin the time of day. Unless he sends him a free rifle himself to review. Or pays him to review it. While it is good you can have a shooter like Frank put rounds through the gun to see what it actually does, I wouldn't give Q/Kevin any press or a free review of a well respected person such as lowlight. Especially after saying that crap about the Hide and the way he goes around spewing garbage about people like Bartlein and Dave Tooley. Dragging folks through the mud..

I would assume this would just be a accuracy test for a GM barrel and leave it at that. Either way it's still pushing product/sales for them if it's decent. Unless it's a 1.5 moa gun. Then the opposite effect. I personally wouldn't give Q the free review. At least not from the "fags" over here on the hide...

Check out the guy who initiated the whole "fags" comment over there on instagram. Its pretty entertaining. Killer profile pic bro. But if you need a cheesy ass DJ in the Houston area, you know who to call :ROFLMAO: @gtrjohnny

38850528_1826022174113211_8536071879587266560_n.jpg

Couldn't help myself. Im done 4real now.

Last edited:
Reactions: spife7980
So @Ernsky had his rifle ship out today as well after returning it bc he couldn't get his B/T barrel to group. Who wants to take bets that the "brand new bartlein barrel" that they put on mine is actually just ernsky's barrel?.... I hope to god it isn't because I really don't feel like getting that pissed off.

So I was going to wait and post the full Q experience after I got my rifle back on Tuesday but I’ll give an update now and post review after I get in in hand and rounds down range. First off I want to say that although all Q’s reaponses took a couple days to get back to me and were quite short and not very detailed, they did answer all pf my questions. They said they would change my barrel upon receiving my rifle and to be honest I was not happy about that because I paid and wanted the Bart/Tool barrel.

The engineers evaluated my rifle and did not change the barrel. They shot 3 (5) round groups at 100yds and sent me proof pics which also has ammo data (for the ones asking about what ammo Q tests with).

According to the pics, wait for it, I suck at shooting this rifle. Insert gasp here... Now I’m not saying I suck at shooting, but I will admit I’m not used to this light of a rifle. I also want to put more rounds down range when I get it back. Maybe switch things up and try something new. I’m fully open to suggestions.

I also picked up a box of 175gr FGMM to try out and some 178gr Hornady precision hunter. We’ll see what happens.

Attachments

• 0BECDF67-FE31-4F33-985C-3A677DE47D75.png
    0BECDF67-FE31-4F33-985C-3A677DE47D75.png
    530 KB · Views: 200
So @Ernsky had his rifle ship out today as well after returning it bc he couldn't get his B/T barrel to group. Who wants to take bets that the "brand new bartlein barrel" that they put on mine is actually just ernsky's barrel?.... I hope to god it isn't because I really don't feel like getting that pissed off.
You are good man you didn’t get my barrel.

Yeah dude slow down a bit. You’re mad. We get it. Take a breath.

On a more positive note, anyone wanna see a green fix?

Yea... lets check it out. Some pics would def help get the thread back on track. My apologies

This is not some sort of torture device. This is me
Keeping paint out of the Q sert threads. I’m prepping for paint now. Still deciding to paint the bolt shroud or not...

Attachments

• 0D1FC1B0-7912-4BA4-A977-3AEC3D34E5B5.jpeg
    0D1FC1B0-7912-4BA4-A977-3AEC3D34E5B5.jpeg
    815.9 KB · Views: 141
So I was going to wait and post the full Q experience after I got my rifle back on Tuesday but I’ll give an update now and post review after I get in in hand and rounds down range. First off I want to say that although all Q’s reaponses took a couple days to get back to me and were quite short and not very detailed, they did answer all pf my questions. They said they would change my barrel upon receiving my rifle and to be honest I was not happy about that because I paid and wanted the Bart/Tool barrel.

The engineers evaluated my rifle and did not change the barrel. They shot 3 (5) round groups at 100yds and sent me proof pics which also has ammo data (for the ones asking about what ammo Q tests with).

According to the pics, wait for it, I suck at shooting this rifle. Insert gasp here... Now I’m not saying I suck at shooting, but I will admit I’m not used to this light of a rifle. I also want to put more rounds down range when I get it back. Maybe switch things up and try something new. I’m fully open to suggestions.

I also picked up a box of 175gr FGMM to try out and some 178gr Hornady precision hunter. We’ll see what happens.
Good to know what they finally test with. I’ll have to pick up some 175gr GMM then.

So went to the range this morning and shot some 175gr GMM right off the bat to check my zero. (Flip to second photo)

EDIT:Before anyone asks, yes it is Bartlein Barrel. This will likely my last range session with this barrel for a while. Going to throw on 260 Rem proof barrel and run a few local PRS matches with it.

Aervoe dark green....

Gotta let it cure for at least 3 days. So I have some time to decide if I want to add camo with brown black and other shades of green Krylon over the top of the aervoe.

I also weighed it before hand to see how much weight the paint will add. I’m thinking 1.5-2oz. But we will see

Attachments

• 614F62AE-007F-41C2-898A-1C0D2B59897F.jpeg
    614F62AE-007F-41C2-898A-1C0D2B59897F.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
So went to the range this morning and shot some 175gr GMM right off the bat to check my zero. (Flip to second photo)

EDIT:Before anyone asks, yes it is Bartlein Barrel. This will likely my last range session with this barrel for a while. Going to throw on 260 Rem proof barrel and run a few local PRS matches with it.

Is the 175gr what you normally zero with?

Aervoe dark green....

Gotta let it cure for at least 3 days. So I have some time to decide if I want to add camo with brown black and other shades of green Krylon over the top of the aervoe.

I also weighed it before hand to see how much weight the paint will add. I’m thinking 1.5-2oz. But we will see
I’m going back and forth between complete multicam or fde.

Is the 175gr what you normally zero with?

Yes. The reason(s) why it is easy to find, relatively inexpensive (I can usually find if for 17 bucks a box and buy at least a case at a time), and very consistent.

Coincidentally, my 178 gr ELD-X handloads are very close to same POI. They are within .1 mil so I know what to dial from there when making adjustments. I do shoot other loads as well but I always keep my base zero with 175gr GMM and track POI of others.

Aervoe dark green....

Make sure you let that ergo grip dry almost 2 weeks before messing with it. They can stay sticky for awhile