• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Fix from Q

Yes... at the end of your pull as you are extracting the round/case... that flex you get in the bolt handle

@Movistar

M4IKZSg.jpg
Yeah it’s designed like that so the handle pivots and acts as a lever to pull out a stuck case. Great idea and works well. They did a good job with that.

EVERYONE: THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE PICS

@thestacche which one did you get? Edit now I see the pic. Duuuuuudddeeeee I NEED that optic. Man. It’s the perfect optic for this gun in my opinion.

Had to settle for a MIL-R. It’s pretty weird with all the different sized shapes and lines but nobody has the MIL-C here. It’s alright though I’ll be pre-ordering the MIL-XT soon and offloading this one when it comes anyways.

Reactions: midSCarolina
Yeah it’s designed like that so the handle pivots and acts as a lever to pull out a stuck case. Great idea and works well. They did a good job with that.

Had to settle for a MIL-R. It’s pretty weird with all the different sized shapes and lines but nobody has the MIL-C here. It’s alright though I’ll be pre-ordering the MIL-XT soon and offloading this one when it comes anyways.

Mil-R is a good reticle... I wish the mil-xt was available but I got my 3.5-15x50 for $1100 so I might have had a little trouble paying the extra 1k or whatever it would have required for that reticle. Shooting in fields that are usually pretty shielded from the wind at distances <1000y typically means my windage adjustments aren't incredibly tough. Nothing like the guys that are shooting in that flat open terrain in the midwest. I couldn't imagine shooting in a gusting 40mph crosswind.

Reactions: thestacche
Regarding the bolt, not sure about you guys... but I run the hell out of mine ?? I’m not gentle at all.

The Scalarworks mount is way higher than the badger rings, which I shot out to 800, no problems.

Mil-R is a good reticle... I wish the mil-xt was available but I got my 3.5-15x50 for $1100 so I might have had a little trouble paying the extra 1k or whatever it would have required for that reticle. Shooting in fields that are usually pretty shielded from the wind at distances <1000y typically means my windage adjustments aren't incredibly tough. Nothing like the guys that are shooting in that flat open terrain in the midwest. I couldn't imagine shooting in a gusting 40mph crosswind.
Yeah I’ve never shot in winds like that. Lol.
My property is a valley and the winds always run the same direction (in your face) so minimal holds.

Regarding the bolt, not sure about you guys... but I run the hell out of mine ?? I’m not gentle at all.

The Scalarworks mount is way higher than the badger rings, which I shot out to 800, no problems.
Likewise. I have found so far it does better with speed and authority.

Reactions: Gotlag1789
Are you referring to the pre-extraction of the bolt/handle when you pull it rearward to eject a case?

Can’t really shoot from the prone here, too much crap around so I haven’t had that issue but I hear what you guys are saying about the mags. Guess I won’t know if it’s the mags or the rifle then until I get a KAC mag.

...and yes KB is aware of the issues I’m having and simply does not seem to care. If they don’t offer to help by the end of the week I’ll force the distributor to get me a whole new bolt assembly.

I picked one up the other day and it’s a perfect match for the rifle, just a shame it doesn’t have a touch more elevation adjustment to get me to 900m with rings for PSR comps. PRS comps it’ll be fine, they only really go out to 500m here.

View attachment 7016973

Is that the new 7-35 w/ Mil-XT? If so, how do you like it?

More pics?
Found these on my phone
2 of my rifle
1 of me heading to the stand with the fix...and 1 sitting back seat in my buddy’s P51(well, one of few he gets to fly) I learned a long time ago,it’s not what you know, it’s who you know.

Attachments

• 58B35F47-5E9A-4C15-BF75-624FCF400868.jpeg
    58B35F47-5E9A-4C15-BF75-624FCF400868.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 292
  • EBA93FA1-CB4B-45BF-BF93-B7F04FCCF8F3.jpeg
    EBA93FA1-CB4B-45BF-BF93-B7F04FCCF8F3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 215
  • 4DFA9A80-55F8-4E1C-8D1E-E6E6C26F4502.jpeg
    4DFA9A80-55F8-4E1C-8D1E-E6E6C26F4502.jpeg
    804.4 KB · Views: 191
  • F53DEB60-0B0E-44DD-ABE4-CAE3955861A3.jpeg
    F53DEB60-0B0E-44DD-ABE4-CAE3955861A3.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Well, here's a Fix in it's natural habitat while I was seeing absolutely nothing in this past year's deer season, haha

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    759.9 KB · Views: 223
Well, here's a Fix in it's natural habitat while I was seeing absolutely nothing in this past year's deer season, haha
How do you like the short rail?

Is that the new 7-35 w/ Mil-XT? If so, how do you like it?
Nah sorry bro our country is way behind, we don’t get them until April. I’m hanging for a MIL-XT 4-16x42, I got the MIL-R 4-16x42.

I know the 7-35 is a bit overkill but I don’t mind the extra weight. I won’t be walking too far with it when hunting and I was considering a RPR, Savage Evolution or Tikka Tac A1 which would have weighed a lot more so oh well. If it become too burdensome I can always sell it and go smaller.

How do you like the short rail?

I really like the feel of the handguard without the pic rail on top. It is really an unnecessary spend, but I am not planning to hang NV or anything else off the top, so the short rail works well for me. I just wish there was a market for the long rail then.

I really like the feel of the handguard without the pic rail on top. It is really an unnecessary spend, but I am not planning to hang NV or anything else off the top, so the short rail works well for me. I just wish there was a market for the long rail then.
Yeah that’s it I’ve been thinking without the rail on top it’d feel great. Shame they don’t do the short one in a 20moa.

Has anyone else killed an optic with this thing or am I just really unlucky?
My mark 6 died during a shot and my new atacr has also shit it self and illumination is coming on during shots.
Should I forget nightforce as well like I have with leupold and try something else or is this a fluke and people reckon it won’t happen again? I honestly don’t know what to think right now.

On a lighter note. First group of the day, even with a flyer was still half an inch. The rifle shoots.

3E7DE6D2-AA0E-4FEE-BDE7-3CF4E0AF9CB8.jpeg

My mark 6 died during a shot and my new atacr has also shit it self and illumination is coming on during shots.
Should I forget nightforce as well like I have with leupold and try something else or is this a fluke and people reckon it won’t happen again? I honestly don’t know what to think right now.
My Mark 5HD is still kickin’ man, you may have bad luck, haha.

Yeah that’s it I’ve been thinking without the rail on top it’d feel great. Shame they don’t do the short one in a 20moa.
Honestly I feel like you could just cut and chamfer the rail yourself to save the 75 bones. You’d need to come up w/ a paint or finish for the cut end. I just don’t see myself needing the full length top rail now.

How much for the 6.5CM and what’s the contour like?
Caution - take the sales to a PM or whatever, it’s really only supposed to be done in the PX around here, don’t want to get you guys the ban hammer.

On a lighter note. First group of the day, even with a flyer was still half an inch. The rifle shoots.

View attachment 7017286

That’s just bad luck. I’ve used NF scopes on a lot harder hitting rifles than this one and I have seen them used regularly on big bore and magnum type rifles

View attachment 7017286
Damn that is bad luck. I’ve never killed two scopes let alone two quality brands. Leupold has a life time warranty so I’d hit them up. The NF sounds like it could be where the knob is positioned. Did you try moving it?

That’s good shooting. Even with PPU which isn’t known for quality IMO. Dude how do you break so much stuff being so far away? :ROFLMAO: Maybe it’s the atmospherics of being down under?

I’ve never heard about anyone else breaking a NF

I put a ranger band around the top of a 20 round magazine and it is making a huge difference in how the rifle feeds. Night and day. I'd give it a try if you want to use 20s and don't want to spend the extra cash on the KAC. I've been messing with it all morning and i'm really hyped about it.

DnsASyp.jpg

Attachments

• RBFix2.jpg
    RBFix2.jpg
    814.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Damn that is bad luck. I’ve never killed two scopes let alone two quality brands. Leupold has a life time warranty so I’d hit them up. The NF sounds like it could be where the knob is positioned. Did you try moving it?

That’s good shooting. Even with PPU which isn’t known for quality IMO. Dude how do you break so much stuff being so far away? :ROFLMAO: Maybe it’s the atmospherics of being down under?

I’ve never heard about anyone else breaking a NF
That’s good to hear, I’ve never heard of anyone breaking a nightforce so I guess I’ll get a new one then and see what happens.

Nah the push button is all good, I took the cap off and put a new battery in it and made sure it’s tight. Something that was strange though, the box was sealed but when I opened it and played with the illumination button a battery was already installed it in and it turned on.

My Mark 5HD is still kickin’ man, you may have bad luck, haha.

Honestly I feel like you could just cut and chamfer the rail yourself to save the 75 bones. You’d need to come up w/ a paint or finish for the cut end. I just don’t see myself needing the full length top rail now.

Caution - take the sales to a PM or whatever, it’s really only supposed to be done in the PX around here, don’t want to get you guys the ban hammer.
That’s what I was thinking, just get someone to cut it off and then cerakote it (because buying and getting on here ain’t going to be cheap). If I like it then maybe even get a 20moa one made up so. Can run rings and save some weight.

Thanks for the reminder.

727A7C91-DB28-475B-B986-003DC640411A.jpeg

I love fix . Think you are going to have rough time shooting prs with it though. Other options are way smoother and faster.

Smoother, yeah for the sake of recoil.. But, I don’t really think the speed is a big deal. I run the hell out of my bolt lol. I’m purely commenting off of speculation, first match is in April. I’ve been getting some flack for saying I’m going to run the fix lol. Not a lot of fans ??‍♂️ Oh well. Looking forward to it, regardless! I think mine is at a good weight of 12lbs. I don’t have a problem managing mine.

Smoother, yeah for the sake of recoil.. But, I don’t really think the speed is a big deal. I run the hell out of my bolt lol. I’m purely commenting off of speculation, first match is in April. I’ve been getting some flack for saying I’m going to run the fix lol. Not a lot of fans ??‍♂️ Oh well. Looking forward to it, regardless! I think mine is at a good weight of 12lbs. I don’t have a problem managing mine.
I’ll be running mine in PRS and PSR matches also.

What hoops do you have to jump through to own rifles, if any?
You’d vomit if you read the process and rules and regulations you have to go through just to get a licence to own a bolt action rifle.
You have to satisfy one of their genuine needs to own a gun. Which are only hunting or being part of a gun club and the gun can only be used for the need you applied for.
Takes months to get the licence. Then takes a month to get the rifle because of waiting periods. You need a safe that meets their criteria and has to be bolted to the ground, rifle can’t be stored loaded. Ammo has to be stored separately and locked up. The cops can come visit you anytime to inspect your rifle and if they ever find something they don’t like they will take your guns. ie if you left a round accidentally in a bag or something. It’s crazy. Real communist shit.

You’d vomit if you read the process and rules and regulations you have to go through just to get a licence to own a bolt action rifle.
You have to satisfy one of their genuine needs to own a gun. Which are only hunting or being part of a gun club and the gun can only be used for the need you applied for.
Takes months to get the licence. Then takes a month to get the rifle because of waiting periods. You need a safe that meets their criteria and has to be bolted to the ground, rifle can’t be stored loaded. Ammo has to be stored separately and locked up. The cops can come visit you anytime to inspect your rifle and if they ever find something they don’t like they will take your guns. ie if you left a round accidentally in a bag or something. It’s crazy. Real communist shit.
??? wowwwww... I watch a YouTuber from South Africa and it sounds like the same boat. At least you have a fix!

On a more positive note. When is your first match?

??? wowwwww... I watch a YouTuber from South Africa and it sounds like the same boat. At least you have a fix!

On a more positive note. When is your first match?
To be honest I was surprised they didn’t stop them at the border, folding stock, looks like an ar15. They have the power to ban anything based on appearance laws.

Anyways, first match is in March so trying to get as much practice in as possible and try different setups that work ie bags and barricade stops etc. I’ve made a bunch of barricades at different distances and going to setup some tires today. Struggling to spot my shots though because the thing jumps so much so want a 6.5 barrel but finding someone here to make one has not been easy.

Cleaned the rifle last night and before I did I took some pictures of the bolt and video of it catching on the mag feed lips when you cycle the bolt. 200 rounds since last clean and it’s got a lot of brass shavings on the bolt face. Going to send this shit to the importer and tell them I want a new bolt assembly and shroud under warranty or give me a refund. Since KB doesn’t reply to my emails or give a shit.
Anyone else’s bolt do either of these things?

502E5F25-79D3-49BE-9912-B48311C2B2F2.jpeg

But you can buy a suppressor over the counter right?
Lol. In New Zealand you can. Crazy cheap as well.

Reactions: JimLee
To be honest I was surprised they didn’t stop them at the border, folding stock, looks like an ar15. They have the power to ban anything based on appearance laws.

Anyways, first match is in March so trying to get as much practice in as possible and try different setups that work ie bags and barricade stops etc. I’ve made a bunch of barricades at different distances and going to setup some tires today. Struggling to spot my shots though because the thing jumps so much so want a 6.5 barrel but finding someone here to make one has not been easy.

Cleaned the rifle last night and before I did I took some pictures of the bolt and video of it catching on the mag feed lips when you cycle the bolt. 200 rounds since last clean and it’s got a lot of brass shavings on the bolt face. Going to send this shit to the importer and tell them I want a new bolt assembly and shroud under warranty or give me a refund. Since KB doesn’t reply to my emails or give a shit.

View attachment 7018791

Brother you have the shittiest luck. No my bolt doesn’t look anything like that. Nor does it light strike or feed like garbage. RMA that stuff already.

Brother you have the shittiest luck. No my bolt doesn’t look anything like that. Nor does it light strike or feed like garbage. RMA that stuff already.
I’m sending off the RMA stuff all at the moment. We will see what happens.

View attachment 7018791

I have some of that (pic below is with somewhere around 400 round fed). I think the majority of it comes from those misfeeds, since the bolt typically rides over the brass in those instances. YMMV. I know you are using a 20 round pmag... if you get a ranger band, wrap it around the magazine, and then (after inserting the mag) work it as far up into the magwell as possible, it may help. I was getting a misfeed 1-in-30 rounds or so but ever since I have done this ranger band thing, I have gotten about 200 rounds to feed without having a misfeed. Might be worth a try. But in the mean time, I would ask for a new bolt assembly due to the light strike BS.

GSvOvPn.jpg

Attachments

• boltfacefix.jpg
    boltfacefix.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 34
Does any one else’s rifle make a twang sound the dry firing?
Stache, man ☹️☹️ Mine doesn’t either..

Mine does make the twang sound. Serious question. Have any of you stripped the bolt? When I first got the rifle, I took it all apart thanks to Kitbadger’s videos and I was just thinking... I had the bolt stripped and the locker locked out on top, and I pulled on it releasing the spring tension (accidental at the time). You guys think that would decrease the amount of bolt lift? Mine isn’t noticeable when I’m running it, ive been shooting 120 Hornady match, but to make it even smoother/get rid of the twang noise, I wonder if letting some of the tension out of the spring would do that?

I’m a pharmacist, not an engineer ??? might just do it and see what happens. You could always dial it back up... right?

I have some of that (pic below is with somewhere around 400 round fed). I think the majority of it comes from those misfeeds, since the bolt typically rides over the brass in those instances. YMMV. I know you are using a 20 round pmag... if you get a ranger band, wrap it around the magazine, and then (after inserting the mag) work it as far up into the magwell as possible, it may help. I was getting a misfeed 1-in-30 rounds or so but ever since I have done this ranger band thing, I have gotten about 200 rounds to feed without having a misfeed. Might be worth a try. But in the mean time, I would ask for a new bolt assembly due to the light strike BS.

GSvOvPn.jpg

@thestacce - a light strike could be indicative of a headspace issue. This could be a problem with the bolt, the chamber, or the barrel's seating in the barrel extension. I would do more work to diagnose the problem before focusing on the bolt. Have you measured changes in headspace between un-fired and fired brass to see how much the brass expands o firing? I'm not an expert, but I would guess that seeing over .005" indicates a headspace problem.

On the brass shaving issue, if it bothers you, I would carefully break any suspect sharp corners with some 1000 grit sandpaper.

Reactions: Movistar
@thestacce - a light strike could be indicative of a headspace issue. This could be a problem with the bolt, the chamber, or the barrel's seating in the barrel extension. I would do more work to diagnose the problem before focusing on the bolt. Have you measured changes in headspace between un-fired and fired brass to see how much the brass expands o firing? I'm not an expert, but I would guess that seeing over .005" indicates a headspace problem.

On the brass shaving issue, if it bothers you, I would carefully break any suspect sharp corners with some 1000 grit sandpaper.

Very true on the headspace thing. Always need to check that with light strikes.

The brass “shavings” don’t concern me. Prob would have never noticed if I hadn’t pulled it for the sake of comparison.

Shot the 16.5 Proof Carbon barreled Fix today. Damn what a gun.

I shot a 10 round group and two nine round groups. The really high left was the only 130grn I shot aiming at the same point as the 10 rounds of 147 below it. Mind that all 3 groups each has 3 different charge weights. I was doing load dev more than shooting for groups. I shot seated off a bipod with no rear bag. 100 yards indoors. The 5 round group in the middle was sighting it in.

I know I can do a lot better but I was shooting for chrono data more than accuracy. Now I’ve got some loads I want to test for accuracy.

Note: magnetospeed V3 is 10000 times better than Caldwell chrono. I didn’t have any pressure signs but stopped because I didn’t want to push it. I felt like I should have had pressure signs at these numbers but it just wasn’t there.

16.5 inch Proof Carbon 6.5 Creedmoor Fix: 147grn at 2572 FPS. 2500 elevation. That’s crazy. Only 68 rounds on the barrel too. So it should speed up. But I want my awesome peterson brass to last so I’m going to dial it down to 39.9-40.9 by .01 grain increments and find the sweet spot. That should be around 2450 which makes me happy.

Attachments

• 1F5D80E8-26B5-44BF-BF02-BBE0354FFAB9.jpeg
    1F5D80E8-26B5-44BF-BF02-BBE0354FFAB9.jpeg
    874.2 KB · Views: 111
  • A1DD2BF9-AC15-41DA-A9A9-6F9D18FC1868.jpeg
    A1DD2BF9-AC15-41DA-A9A9-6F9D18FC1868.jpeg
    334.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 54BE05E6-3FC8-43B3-AB11-9B47EA7F8D4E.jpeg
    54BE05E6-3FC8-43B3-AB11-9B47EA7F8D4E.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 114