• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Brownells is killing it as far as pricing goes. I picked up my 16" .308 advertised at 3027.00 Saved 10% and free shipping with a discount code, and knocked another 4% off that with Active Junky. All said and done for just over 2600.

They have a 22" 6.5 in stock, but no 10% off codes today.

If you're ordering through Q you're wasting your time and not saving any money. Find a dealer that has them in stock (ie...Brownell's) and jump on it. Q does not want to sell individual rifles, they want to sell rifles in bulk to big volume distributors and dealers.

If you're ordering through Q you're wasting your time and not saving any money. Find a dealer that has them in stock (ie...Brownell's) and jump on it. Q does not want to sell individual rifles, they want to sell rifles in bulk to big volume distributors and dealers.

Did not know that back in December when I ordered through my dealer.

Unicorn horn courtesy of Movistar. Standup guy strapped cash to it for what I assume was one day late shipping. Kind of pissed now that I owe him a favor. ?
Great guy to deal with. I’ll try to get some info put out on this and the Q barrel that I had chopped to match (weights, velocity, groups etc.).
Thanks again M!!!

Haha I left it in there for you because I felt bad it took me an extra day. I try to ship big ticket items immediately and this one took a little longer than I would have been happy with myself. Enjoy it. The 20 buys me first right of refusal should you ever want to sell it haha. Enjoy it brother. Wish I didn’t have to sell it but life happens.

New products coming from Q.
The cylinder looking bolt handle looks like it might be great for fast follow up shots and the one piece scope mount looks neat (I would assume 20moa and would drop some weight loosing the top rail). Good to see them developing new stuff for the platform but probably will be a long time before they become available. Probably focusing on filling the backlog of orders they got.

Would love to see them do some lightweight precision scope rings and/or work a bubble level into something in the future for a more streamlined and lightweight setup and than currently offered by other parts combinations.

View attachment 7038119
It nice seeing that they have prototypes for accessories, but it seems like most of these were teased almost a year ago. It would be nice if a third party manufacturer, like Magpul, would offer rail accessories and other items. I believe they open-sourced the specs for their Q-sert system, don’t quote me on that, so it should be easy for a large manufacturer to make items.
The only issue I see with their scope mount is that it adds extra steps and more chance of misalignment to the barrel change process. If you plan on sticking with one barrel it could be a viable option for a scope mount.
It would be nice if they would release the different bolt knobs and larger butt-pad already.

Reactions: rydah
It nice seeing that they have prototypes for accessories, but it seems like most of these were teased almost a year ago. It would be nice if a third party manufacturer, like Magpul, would offer rail accessories and other items. I believe they open-sourced the specs for their Q-sert system, don’t quote me on that, so it should be easy for a large manufacturer to make items.
The only issue I see with their scope mount is that it adds extra steps and more chance of misalignment to the barrel change process. If you plan on sticking with one barrel it could be a viable option for a scope mount.
It would be nice if they would release the different bolt knobs and larger butt-pad already.

Agreed. The scope mount pictured above was first referenced in 2017 at shot show. It's never came to light due to many other projects. I wouldn't get my hopes on any of those products until it's in actual production.

I’ve had a discussion about their lack of production and getting products out the door but they don’t seem too worried since they are getting so many new orders. They seem to have overwhelmed their suppliers and are not keeping up with demand. Frustrating for customers. They do dream up some cool shit but sure aren’t worried about actually selling it

They could ramp production, but at what cost? If they invest a crap ton of money to fill the supply chain then, once everyone that wants one gets a fix, the demand slows down drastically, but they still gotta pay those big bills from ramping up. It makes sense to get the guns in peoples' hands first, then sell them accessories later. I know that's frustrating as a customer, but for a business, especially a small one, it makes sense. They are still a relatively new company, so they may have underestimated demand, but i can see why they are cautious about growing too fast. I feel like a lot of their products are niche products. They don't appeal to every gun owner like a glock or a ruger 10-22. That being said, forcasting the market for their products now, but more importantly in the future, is definitely not easy.

On the topic of scope mounts-

What are you guys using? What height works well for 34mm scope with 50mm objective?

They could ramp production, but at what cost? If they invest a crap ton of money to fill the supply chain then, once everyone that wants one gets a fix, the demand slows down drastically, but they still gotta pay those big bills from ramping up. It makes sense to get the guns in peoples' hands first, then sell them accessories later. I know that's frustrating as a customer, but for a business, especially a small one, it makes sense. They are still a relatively new company, so they may have underestimated demand, but i can see why they are cautious about growing too fast. I feel like a lot of their products are niche products. They don't appeal to every gun owner like a glock or a ruger 10-22. That being said, forcasting the market for their products now, but more importantly in the future, is definitely not easy.
Yeah I understand completely. It’s a catch 22 - how many sales are they losing by not having product available? They are keeping overhead low but not capitalizing on the demand. I think demand may disappear due to lack of availability but maybe they are comfortable enough in their niche to let some sales go. I do see a few more rifles advertised for sale than there were a few months ago so maybe they are catching up to demand. Support for existing customers should be more of a priority though, the switch barrell functionality is useless if they are none available.

the switch barrell functionality is useless if they are none available

I agree. That's the big one they need to address. It's advertised as a switch barrel rifle, so there need to be barrels available to switch to. At least make extensions available so customers can go to a custom shop to get one made.

What are you guys using? What height works well for 34mm scope with 50mm objective?
@midSCarolina gave you the right ring heights. If you change to the shorter top rail, you can get by with lower rings. I had the Warne 1.4 or 1.44(can’t remeber) rings on my Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 and there was less than a 1/16th of clearance on the objective end when I put Butler Creek scope covers on. I didn’t like it that close so I switched to the short top rail. I just switched to a Spuhr 3602 which is 1.5” high, with a 20.6MOA cant. Yes it defeats the purpose of lightweight, but gave me a little better piece of mind. When I can’t afford it, I will probably pick up a second scope and rings for hunting, and use this one for the range, or swap it over to my Mini-Fix whenever it shows up. I plan on using the Mini-Fix for the range mostly as I would like to shoot some of the benchrest matches my local range puts on, which is pretty much the only matches they do.

Attachments

• 7B8D9968-4D06-4D44-928B-4D8DA73D06ED.jpeg
    7B8D9968-4D06-4D44-928B-4D8DA73D06ED.jpeg
    512.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 2F24BD03-7633-4D42-9D2C-4D94C6BD06FF.jpeg
    2F24BD03-7633-4D42-9D2C-4D94C6BD06FF.jpeg
    390.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 20D259FC-D4B6-45B0-AFF5-E8F449368A31.jpeg
    20D259FC-D4B6-45B0-AFF5-E8F449368A31.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 152
I just picked up my Fix in .308 yesterday and couldn’t be happier with the build quality. I added my Nightforce NSX 2.5x10x32 with 20 MOA Spuhr mount. I’m looking forward to shooting it. The only thing I know is going to bother me is the blue accents. Has anyone disassembled the adjustable butt stock to cerakote it? If so could you PM on how you did it.

@midSCarolina gave you the right ring heights. If you change to the shorter top rail, you can get by with lower rings. I had the Warne 1.4 or 1.44(can’t remeber) rings on my Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 and there was less than a 1/16th of clearance on the objective end when I put Butler Creek scope covers on. I didn’t like it that close so I switched to the short top rail. I just switched to a Spuhr 3602 which is 1.5” high, with a 20.6MOA cant. Yes it defeats the purpose of lightweight, but gave me a little better piece of mind. When I can’t afford it, I will probably pick up a second scope and rings for hunting, and use this one for the range, or swap it over to my Mini-Fix whenever it shows up. I plan on using the Mini-Fix for the range mostly as I would like to shoot some of the benchrest matches my local range puts on, which is pretty much the only matches they do.

View attachment 7038412

I think those Spuhr mounts are probably worth the little extra weight. This is the clearance with the 1.4" badger mount and same NF scope/scope caps (mine are actually the "multiflex" but pretty close)... its pretty close but i wouldn't consider it too close for comfort

SeZHHnb.png

Attachments

• clearance.png
    clearance.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 151
I think those Spuhr mounts are probably worth the little extra weight. This is the clearance with the 1.4" badger mount and same NF scope/scope caps (mine are actually the "multiflex" but pretty close)... its pretty close but i wouldn't consider it too close for comfort

SeZHHnb.png
That's proper bell clearance right there.. minimized profile, nice!

Best thing to do is use a calculator like this so you don’t waste time or money with trial and error. I’m running 1.375 with a 50mm. But 1.265 fits as well but it’s pretty close. It will account for caps and such.

Reactions: HayStax
Damn I want that bipod in a bad way.

Got my sling mount from White Mamba today. It’s really awesome and I’d highly recommend it. But. You know me I can’t leave well enough alone. I cut it in half and ground it smooth and even. Is one contact point enough? We will find out. But it sure beats the cheap single point amazon stud cup I was using before.

Attachments

• 47A39A40-C8EA-4AAF-8D8B-7F04B7CF6EE9.jpeg
    47A39A40-C8EA-4AAF-8D8B-7F04B7CF6EE9.jpeg
    527 KB · Views: 157
  • 84B5C255-07A1-4F1B-9176-253CD2B8E18E.jpeg
    84B5C255-07A1-4F1B-9176-253CD2B8E18E.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Damn I want that bipod in a bad way.

Got my sling mount from White Mamba today. It’s really awesome and I’d highly recommend it. But. You know me I can’t leave well enough alone. I cut it in half and ground it smooth and even. Is one contact point enough? We will find out. But it sure beats the cheap single point amazon stud cup I was using before.

That looks good! Keep us informed on how it holds up

The Q mount only has the one but it’s designed that way and has an anti rotational tab on it.

How tight are the fits of people’s barrel extension to the receiver? I can’t insert or remove mine by hand. Need to tap it in with a rubber mallet and vice versa.
My .308 barrel is a pain to remove after shooting 80+ rounds between barrel changes, I mostly shoot sub-sonic .308 too and all factory loads. Twisting it back and forth while pulling on it makes it easier. My proof 6.5cm barrel is easy to pull even after shooting ~300 rounds, I've never had an issue with it. Never ran into a problem re-installing a barrel though, except when I forget to check the pinch spacer to make sure it's orientated correctly.

The Q mount only has the one but it’s designed that way and has an anti rotational tab on it.

How tight are the fits of people’s barrel extension to the receiver? I can’t insert or remove mine by hand. Need to tap it in with a rubber mallet and vice versa.
im sure you did but you loosened the pinch screw right?

White Mamba’s sling mount also has the anti rotational tab. It’s why I thought it would be okay to chop in half.

Here’s a pic that shows it installed. You can see the red arrows pointing to the anti rotational tabs. I have to say it was made very well and the fit into the slot in the hand guard is very precise.

499D3950-A5BD-493C-A0BE-7CA88A139C90.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone else adjusted the first stage take up length on their trigger? I just made mine as short as it would go and it’s awesome. Highly recommended. Easy to do. Remove your grip, taking care not to lose any of the two springs and two dents. The adjustment screw is at the bottom of the hole where the grip screw threads into. If you go too far the safety doesn’t work. Do you need to keep the safety detend and spring in there with your finger so you can test it. It’s an allen and when you turn it you see the shoe moving back and forth. Simple. I love adjustability. Just don’t go too far or the bolt catches it.

9614E414-5265-49FD-801A-9A8BFE5B5A56.jpeg

Regarding the White Mamba sling mount. The depth is perfect. It doesn’t protrude at all.

FFF35C0D-D9B3-4F7F-9F08-28BEC0EC9052.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gotlag1789

SeZHHnb.png

Why not just use some nightforce ultralights in high or x-high?

I’m sorry man. I am NOT exaggerating. I’ve had 20 PMs about it. A good dude that I’ve dealt with before was smart enough to say “I’ll take it” before anyone else could. Maybe I should have asked for more haha. Extensions are made of unicorn horns and are worth their weight in unobtanium I guess.

Was banned for like 2 weeks for inquiring about your barrel. No idea what happened...forum must have some rules

New grip day. Ergo Deluxe Tactical flat top. It’s more vertical than the standard ergo flat top I was using.

View attachment 7040872

View attachment 7040875

View attachment 7040877
Running the same grip on mine. Really like the extra swell for my palm to index off. I'm normally a wrap the thumb kinda guy but the fix works with that grip with my thumb tip resting on the bolt handle. It makes cycling the bolt even quicker. The wide and somewhat flat face makes getting a small reward pull that's straight back pretty easy to do. Overall a great swap

Running the same grip on mine. Really like the extra swell for my palm to index off. I'm normally a wrap the thumb kinda guy but the fix works with that grip with my thumb tip resting on the bolt handle. It makes cycling the bolt even quicker. The wide and somewhat flat face makes getting a small reward pull that's straight back pretty easy to do. Overall a great swap

I’ve ordered one myself. The factory fit grip doesn’t do the rifle justice.

So what are people’s thoughts on the 16.5” vs 22” 6.5 Creedmoor barrels? Not sure which to go with when I go to build mine. Will be a hunting and medium range rifle (for the time being as I only have access to a 500yd max range). Will the 22” make that much difference at 500yd?

So what are people’s thoughts on the 16.5” vs 22” 6.5 Creedmoor barrels? Not sure which to go with when I go to build mine. Will be a hunting and medium range rifle (for the time being as I only have access to a 500yd max range). Will the 22” make that much difference at 500yd?
If you order from Q your only option in 2019 is 16" I believe.

I don't think the difference will be worth the extra length/weight/balance on this rifle at less than 500yds. The 16" barreled Fix feels like an entirely different animal than a 22" barreled Fix w/ the med contour barrel.

If you order from Q your only option in 2019 is 16" I believe.

I don't think the difference will be worth the extra length/weight/balance on this rifle at less than 500yds. The 16" barreled Fix feels like an entirely different animal than a 22" barreled Fix w/ the med contour barrel.

I’m going to the Customer Build day so I can go 16 or 22”. That’s why I’m trying to get opinion. I’m thinking the 16” will better serve me but want to gather as much info from people with much more knowledge and experience than myself, lol.

Ah that's very cool. Do you have to have your mind made up before you arrive? You might as well wait to handle them and see first hand.

I have a 16" .308 barrel and 22" 6.5, and the 16" is definitely what the gun was really designed for in weight and balance. In .308 it is kind of brutal recoil (maybe I'm a soft baby, it's possible, haha), but 6.5 should be more tame.

I am not a ballistic expert, so please let someone else chime in on the differences at your range, but I don't think it would deter me. I'm always thinking about having my 22" cut down.

I’ve had both a 22 and 16 inch creedmoor barrel. I believe the extra heft isn’t worth the energy trade off. Creedmoor was never meant to be 1000 yard HUNTING gun. The gun with the 16 inch barrel feels like it was meant to feel. I have a 22 inch barrel right now and I’m scheming on how I can get a 16 inch creed again. I shouldn’t have sold that proof barrel..

My opinion is, when you go there, buy both. They were charging 650 for a B/T so how much can they ask for a standard Q barrel? Get one of each. At a minimum you’ll have two extensions for later when you decide you want something else too. What kills me is the switch barrel capacity but not being able to get another barrel.

I think they prefer you know so they can have everything you need laid out ready to roll.

I went away from the 308 for the very reason you mentioned. I’m only hunting whitetail so the 6.5 will be plenty and less recoil to deal with (bad shoulders already from surgery).

My opinion is, when you go there, buy both. They were charging 650 for a B/T so how much can they ask for a standard Q barrel?

To be fair, some of their pricing is insane, so I'd go in expecting to pay $650 for the barrel and be happy if it isn't, haha.

Right now they have a $50 sling adapter that seems like was disliked so much someone actually made an aftermarket one AND sells it cheaper.

Put it into a calculator. The proof 16.5 barrel I sold was 2499 FPS with a 147ELDM. The Q 22 inch barrel is is 2665 with the same load. I’ve calculated between the two projectiles and 4 different loads I tested exactly a 30FPS per inch drop between 22 and 16.5 though the barrel and chambers were from different people. @DAVETOOLEY made the proof and it’s a freakin hammer. He’s a gentleman and a true class act and I wouldn’t hesitate to call him to make you a barrel that really shoots.

Let’s talk energy though: 147 ELDM

16.5 inch 2499 FPS is 1238lbs @ 500 yards and 3.44 Mils of drop at my elevation.

22 inch 2665 FPS is 1429lbs @ 500 and 2.97 mils of drop at my elevation.

So that’s 91 lbs of energy difference at 500. To me it isn’t worth the extra heft and feel of the gun.
I think they prefer you know so they can have everything you need laid out ready to roll.

I went away from the 308 for the very reason you mentioned. I’m only hunting whitetail so the 6.5 will be plenty and less recoil to deal with (bad shoulders already from surgery).

If shoulders are a worry then I’d get the 16 inch 6.5 because hefting the huge thick 22 inch barrel is harder on shoulders than recoil in my opinion.

Last edited:

I cut my 22" factory barrel down to 16.5". The energy loss out to 500 yards is negligible to me for hunting in order to have a rifle that handles/balances better.

I might even re-contour my barrel, or look to build another barrel with a lighter contour to shave a bit more weight. Right now I'm just having too much fun shooting it.

Not sur how many more of you gents looking for a Fix rifle in 6.5 Creed. I found a shop in Texas that has 5 to 6 of them in stock.
Ph: ‭(432) 203-3661‬

I can tell you that when I equip my suppressor to my Fix, it feels much better on my 16” .308 barrel compared to my 24” proof 6.5cm. The rifle balances much better with a shorter barrel. When I can afford it, I plan on getting a 16.5”ish Proof 6.5cm barrel. Hopefully by then extensions will be available.

I can tell you that when I equip my suppressor to my Fix, it feels much better on my 16” .308 barrel compared to my 24” proof 6.5cm. The rifle balances much better with a shorter barrel. When I can afford it, I plan on getting a 16.5”ish Proof 6.5cm barrel. Hopefully by then extensions will be available.

Cool. I will be putting my Surefire Suppressor on the barrel so that is good to know. I decided 16”

You won’t be disappointed with the 16 inch creed.

In other news Hoptic just came out with a Fix saddle blanket. Personally I think mine looks better. Theirs looks rushed. Like it doesn’t fit all the way.

Mine comes out of the CA waiting period Saturday. Already have the sling mount and Arca from WM..

Planning to immediately pull the 22" Creedmoor and have it cut to 17" to match my DT bbl.

Table looks great compared to a equal length 308, which is what I did last time around with a short build. The 308 had an energy advantage for a few hundred yards, but really I suspect it's irrelevant.
Topper is the drop/wind chart is so much better on the 6.5 at 16.5"- like better than 168 FGMM from a full length bbl!

Went shooting today and I love the fix. Was able to repeatedly hit 10” steel out to 780 yards (6.5 creed) The only thing I hate is the heavy boot lift. Anyone hear what Q is doing to fix the heavy bolt lift? I don’t k ow if I have a bad one or not as I don’t have another to compare too. One of the things I have noticed is sometimes it seems heavier at times. Maybe that’s in my head, but damn it it kinda bother me haha. Anyone have there’s fixed by Q and can try to describe beofre and after?

I thought my bolt lift was Heavy till I cycled my r700 again. I did a few cycles on both and they seemed comparable

One of the issues imo is the rifle weight. My r700 doesn’t move as much because it’s heavier.

Regarding bolt lift I will tell you it was different on the two barrel extensions I had. One was harder and one was easier. When I measured them it seemed like the one was a couple thousands longer than the other.

In addition after probably 500 dry fires and 240 rounds fired it has lightened up a bit. I think they wear it.

I also agree with cleric about the weight of the rifle having something to do with it. It’s light so it moves the rifle easier. It’s sometbing you get used to after you do it a lot.