• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Does anyone know of a company that makes or will make a carbon fiber handguard for The Fix? I use mine mostly in the winter while hunting, and the carbon fiber would stay warm to the touch. Maybe even lighten the rifle a little as well.

Carbon and aluminum aren't all that different in weight when it comes to rails; I would wager that a carbon one that meets MLOK (let alone QSert) strength specifications would weigh more than aluminum. The barrel pinch geometry of the Fix would make carbon even more challenging.

Got worked in CO, but at least she carried nice haha.

Attachments

• IMG_7909.jpeg
    IMG_7909.jpeg
    428.4 KB · Views: 144
Happy to read the good reviews of the mini fix. The fact that they are creating 6ARC bolts and barrels makes the mini incredibly intriguing for me.

Happy to read the good reviews of the mini fix. The fact that they are creating 6ARC bolts and barrels makes the mini incredibly intriguing for me.

What’s not intriguing is the company that only wants to support their products when they feel like it. They don’t care when or if end users can get parts to make their switch barrel systems actually switch barrel, or get parts like big butts to make them not suck to shoot. They don’t even seem to care when one of their huge dealers can get ARC bolts after they’ve invested tens of thousands of dollars into ordering Proof barrels for support their guns..

You can get a quality aftermarket action that will shoot everything both size Fix’s will and more combined into one system, isn’t limited on AR mag OAL, has better triggers, is easier to swap barrels, and drop it in a MDT HNT26 and have a rifle that’s just as light and handy.

Attachments

• IMG_0404.png
    IMG_0404.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
What’s not intriguing is the company that only wants to support their products when they feel like it. They don’t care when or if end users can get parts to make their switch barrel systems actually switch barrel, or get parts like big butts to make them not suck to shoot. They don’t even seem to care when one of their huge dealers can get ARC bolts after they’ve invested tens of thousands of dollars into ordering Proof barrels for support their guns..

You can get a quality aftermarket action that will shoot everything both size Fix’s will and more combined into one system, isn’t limited on AR mag OAL, has better triggers, is easier to swap barrels, and drop it in a MDT HNT26 and have a rifle that’s just as light and handy.

I remember when you sucked their dicks out loud and you thought anyone that disagreed with you was retarded.

Considering I have been on a multi month wait list for a bolt for my AI AXSA so I can shoot 6.5 PRC….let alone the 223 bolt and barrels that were supposedly coming as well...nothing what you said even phases me.

That being said I am actually most interested in the mini fix for the 556 capability…the fact that I can throw a 300 black, and eventually 6ARC, into it is a bonus. Being able to shoot a handy bolt gun for cheaper than 1.50 a round appeals to me.

I’m at the point in my life where I don’t have time to build shit, tweak shit, and endless tinker with shit. I want to buy a quality factory gun, throw a quality optic and mount on it, and spend my very limited, and valuable time shooting it. If something is wrong let them fix it.

I know originally many were reporting light primer strikes with the mini fix…but it seems to have been corrected by recent reviews I have read?

Reactions: Texascbr
Still enjoying my 6.5 Fix. Finally landed on the right scope for the setup. Minox 3-15X50

Attachments

• 01AE1B71-7215-489A-8825-8F7E9216A3BF.jpeg
    01AE1B71-7215-489A-8825-8F7E9216A3BF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
Reactions: Bart
Considering I have been on a multi month wait list for a bolt for my AI AXSA so I can shoot 6.5 PRC….let alone the 223 bolt and barrels that were supposedly coming as well...nothing what you said even phases me.

That being said I am actually most interested in the mini fix for the 556 capability…the fact that I can throw a 300 black, and eventually 6ARC, into it is a bonus. Being able to shoot a handy bolt gun for cheaper than 1.50 a round appeals to me.

I’m at the point in my life where I don’t have time to build shit, tweak shit, and endless tinker with shit. I want to buy a quality factory gun, throw a quality optic and mount on it, and spend my very limited, and valuable time shooting it. If something is wrong let them fix it.

I know originally many were reporting light primer strikes with the mini fix…but it seems to have been corrected by recent reviews I have read?

The AI was never intended, designed, or market to do that though. That’s aftermarket conversions so it’s really not relevant to the Fix.

If you’re used to an AI, you’re going to hate swapping barrels on a Fix. It’s why I owned 3 of the things at once, they pretty much suck to swap barrels on. It’s easier to swap on a R700 based aftermarket chassis. With a fix you have to remove like 10 screws to pull the top rail, not lose the bolt catch, pin, or spring, then pull two screws to get the HG off, one of which you can’t get to with a T handle so it’s 1/2 turn at a time unless you want to round shit out with a ball end hex, and then you can finally chuck it in a barrel vise and bust the nut lose.

Knowing what I know now and going back a few years I’d still buy one just because you couldn’t get something comparable otherwise, but today there’s no way in hell I would buy another over a Origin or Impact in a HNT26 or Element chassis. What do I know though, I’ve only owned 5 Fix rifles.

Reactions: bachelorjack
The AI was never intended, designed, or market to do that though. That’s aftermarket conversions so it’s really not relevant to the Fix.

If you’re used to an AI, you’re going to hate swapping barrels on a Fix. It’s why I owned 3 of the things at once, they pretty much suck to swap barrels on. It’s easier to swap on a R700 based aftermarket chassis. With a fix you have to remove like 10 screws to pull the top rail, not lose the bolt catch, pin, or spring, then pull two screws to get the HG off, one of which you can’t get to with a T handle so it’s 1/2 turn at a time unless you want to round shit out with a ball end hex, and then you can finally chuck it in a barrel vise and bust the nut lose.

Knowing what I know now and going back a few years I’d still buy one just because you couldn’t get something comparable otherwise, but today there’s no way in hell I would buy another over a Origin or Impact in a HNT26 or Element chassis. What do I know though, I’ve only owned 5 Fix rifles.
Well waiting for a factory 308 bolt for my AI, to match up with a Proof 6.5 PRC barrel, evidently is in no way like waiting on a factory Q bolt to go with a Proof 6 ARC barrel.

Dude…you’re like a psycho ex girlfriend….they suck, the company sucks, your going to hate it…..I would totally by them again, in fact I owned five of them. But now I would buy something else.

Fuck….move on in Life, let Kevin stop hurting you. Yeesh.

• Haha
Reactions: Blaster7Romeo
Well waiting for a factory 308 bolt for my AI, to match up with a Proof 6.5 PRC barrel, evidently is in no way like waiting on a factory Q bolt to go with a Proof 6 ARC barrel.

Dude…you’re like a psycho ex girlfriend….they suck, the company sucks, your going to hate it…..I would totally by them again, in fact I owned five of them. But now I would buy something else.

Fuck….move on in Life, let Kevin stop hurting you. Yeesh.

Yes 3 years ago I’d still buy one, but not today. There’s options out there that are better in every way.

Waste your money on what you please though, I really don’t care.

Yes 3 years ago I’d still buy one, but not today. There’s options out there that are better in every way.

Waste your money on what you please though, I really don’t care.
Ofcourse you are correct but, way over due.
Better late than never though.