• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

The FIx is a modern day version of a general purpose bolt gun that can be used for everything in a pinch. Or at least that is how I view it. It will serve as a precision rifle and a hunting rifle and as just about everything I might need a bolt gun to do.

MPR, while undoubtedly a good gun, is the same archaic design that has been around forever and a day, which gets to be lightweight through the use of a bunch of carbon fiber. Even with all that, it is still more than half a pound heavier than the Fix (looking at the 16" models) at 6.9 lbs.

The more I shoot this gun, the more I like the 45deg bolt lift. Generally, the bolt lift lightened up considerably with use and lubrication.

I am not sure under what conditions I would need to replace the action, but fundamentally the Fix is something different in a market full of various Remington clones executed with incredible precision. Companies go through incredible pains trying to figure out how to make an infinitesimally small improvement to the bedding surface of yet another Remington clone. The Fix solves this problem in an entirely different manner and I think it is commendable.

ILya

The FIx is a modern day version of a general purpose bolt gun that can be used for everything in a pinch. Or at least that is how I view it. It will serve as a precision rifle and a hunting rifle and as just about everything I might need a bolt gun to do.

MPR, while undoubtedly a good gun, is the same archaic design that has been around forever and a day, which gets to be lightweight through the use of a bunch of carbon fiber. Even with all that, it is still more than half a pound heavier than the Fix (looking at the 16" models) at 6.9 lbs.

The more I shoot this gun, the more I like the 45deg bolt lift. Generally, the bolt lift lightened up considerably with use and lubrication.

I am not sure under what conditions I would need to replace the action, but fundamentally the Fix is something different in a market full of various Remington clones executed with incredible precision. Companies go through incredible pains trying to figure out how to make an infinitesimally small improvement to the bedding surface of yet another Remington clone. The Fix solves this problem in an entirely different manner and I think it is commendable.

ILya
The MPR is approximately the same weight according to user NoveskeTiger who has posted real weight measures on a number of other forums. The 16" .308 Winchester version with the stock Bartlien barrel weighs 6.85 pounds. To your point using a non-standard design is archaic.

I like novel designs dont get me wrong, but let's not be unrealistic here. Marketing hype aside, having a one off design bolt action in a platform extremely similar to an AR isn't revolutionary. It's tacticool. It's ergonomic. It's a niche product. But it offers literally nothing that a Weatherby Mark V couldn't provide for $1,700 less from a reputable dealer for hunting. At the end of the day, the average hunter doesn't need a rifle in this format at this price point. Thus my point, this rifle fits more in-line with the PRS market. Where a modern precision style, pistol grip, quick barrel change makes more sense.

To that extent it doesn't truly represent anything that a traditional design cannot do. A hunting rifle doesn't necessarily need to be tacticool and cost $3000+ to be lightweight, ergonomic and bolt action. Barrel changes? Why would I need to change my barrel when I can afford more than one gun for the same price. The fix is nice in that offers a non-traditional alternative. For it's stated purpose is it revolutionary? No. Costly? Oh yeah.

From my view the nice thing about the similarly positioned Christensen Arms MPR is that it does have a standard action that can be replaced in case the company goes under. They weigh approximately the same according to the user measured weight of the 16" models.

I think a lot of interested buyers look at the Fix more as a PRS rifle.

There are a lot of hunting rifles that cost more than this and still don't offer what with this rifle offers in ergonomics, caliber change and weight. I would rather travel with one rifle and multiple barrels than multiple rifles. You seen the price on checked luggage lately?

I understand that the Christensen Arms may offer long and XL actions, which are nice, but I don't think most people need those in a hunting rifle anymore when there are rounds just as good as most long actions. Who at any PRS matches run a long action? I haven't heard of any. They also start out a pound heavier with the 16" barrel and carbon fiber hand guard(based on manufacturer stated weights). So I guess it's $500 more to lose a pound, a shorter bolt throw, an AR safety(ergo) and mags that you can buy at the local store, but that's up to you if you want to spend that and I think most won't.

The fact that you don't want it because it has a non standard action is why we have been using the same heavy actions for over 100 years, a 700 short action is about 2 lb 4 oz with trigger and bottom metal. When new things show up we automatically start judging them based on the norm and not for what they bring to the table.

I think the look is exactly why people look to it as PRS rifle because its not a traditional stock with a comb that is low for iron sights, yet doesn't have them, and an I hope this LOP fits you because its what your getting mentality. I'm tired of buying traditional rifles only to make it do what this rifle can already do, as well as, the Christensen Arms. I want a cheek weld not a chin weld.

I purchased this because it is different but unfortunately I cant tell you if it is worth it yet. If nothing else, I don't miss the 11 lb base weight crusader I sold to buy this but, I wouldn't consider it a hunting rifle even though it would work for that.

There are a lot of hunting rifles that cost more than this and still don't offer what with this rifle offers in ergonomics, caliber change and weight. I would rather travel with one rifle and multiple barrels than multiple rifles. You seen the price on checked luggage lately?

I understand that the Christensen Arms may offer long and XL actions, which are nice, but I don't think most people need those in a hunting rifle anymore when there are rounds just as good as most long actions. Who at any PRS matches run a long action? I haven't heard of any. They also start out a pound heavier with the 16" barrel and carbon fiber hand guard(based on manufacturer stated weights). So I guess it's $500 more to lose a pound, a shorter bolt throw, an AR safety(ergo) and mags that you can buy at the local store, but that's up to you if you want to spend that and I think most won't.

The fact that you don't want it because it has a non standard action is why we have been using the same heavy actions for over 100 years, a 700 short action is about 2 lb 4 oz with trigger and bottom metal. When new things show up we automatically start judging them based on the norm and not for what they bring to the table.

I think the look is exactly why people look to it as PRS rifle because its not a traditional stock with a comb that is low for iron sights, yet doesn't have them, and an I hope this LOP fits you because its what your getting mentality. I'm tired of buying traditional rifles only to make it do what this rifle can already do, as well as, the Christensen Arms. I want a cheek weld not a chin weld.

I purchased this because it is different but unfortunately I cant tell you if it is worth it yet. If nothing else, I don't miss the 11 lb base weight crusader I sold to buy this but, I wouldn't consider it a hunting rifle even though it would work for that.
Yes I have, it costs $25 to check a bag on Delta in my region so that doesn't concern me. But then again, most don't fly to go hunting in the Midwest. And I would again state the Q specs are suspect regarding weight. So weight is not a comparative advantage that's just speculation.

I could see an argument specifically for hog hunting with this firearm. But then again, you could easily buy an AR-10 platform for less, have the same pistol grip ergonomics, detachable magazines and have sufficient accuracy but in a semi-automatic rifle. In my view this sits in the either the same premium market space as the Blaser R8 (less the straight pull, Blaser came out with the R93 in 1993) or with the PRS market.

Yes I have, it costs $25 to check a bag on Delta in my region so that doesn't concern me. But then again, most don't fly to go hunting in the Midwest. And I would again state the Q specs are suspect regarding weight. So weight is not a comparative advantage that's just speculation.

I could see an argument specifically for hog hunting with this firearm. But then again, you could easily buy an AR-10 platform for less, have the same pistol grip ergonomics, detachable magazines and have sufficient accuracy but in a semi-automatic rifle. In my view this sits in the either the same premium market space as the Blaser R8 (less the straight pull, Blaser came out with the R93 in 1993) or with the PRS market.

$25 and the price keeps going up from there, especially if its over 50 lbs, which is quite easy to acheive. I would have to fly to go hunting in the Midwest. A quick IG check shows 6.3 lbs so only 0.6 lbs lighter, meh, supposedly later they will have have options to go lighter, but probably not worth the cost.

I dont understand why specifically for hog hunting and not any other kind of hunting that doesnt have a caliber restriction or a semi auto restriction. you could buy an AR10 or DPMS pattern rifle for that and have a decent optic too, but would be quite heavier unless you bought all the tacticool lightweight parts. I just built an Aero M5 with some lightweight parts and its a couple of heavier for half the cost. I wouldn't even bother taking this hog hunting here in GA.

This is no Blaser so lets not compare it to that. I would be rather upset if I dropped a blaser, the fix, not so much.

This isn't for everybody and obviously not for you but for some of us it works for what we want or need.

$25 and the price keeps going up from there, especially if its over 50 lbs, which is quite easy to acheive. I would have to fly to go hunting in the Midwest. A quick IG check shows 6.3 lbs so only 0.6 lbs lighter, meh, supposedly later they will have have options to go lighter, but probably not worth the cost.

I dont understand why specifically for hog hunting and not any other kind of hunting that doesnt have a caliber restriction or a semi auto restriction. you could buy an AR10 or DPMS pattern rifle for that and have a decent optic too, but would be quite heavier unless you bought all the tacticool lightweight parts. I just built an Aero M5 with some lightweight parts and its a couple of heavier for half the cost. I wouldn't even bother taking this hog hunting here in GA.

This is no Blaser so lets not compare it to that. I would be rather upset if I dropped a blaser, the fix, not so much.

This isn't for everybody and obviously not for you but for some of us it works for what we want or need.
I agree on your last point. Having seen the video from Lonestar Boars hunting with The Fix it looked like this rifle was well suited for hog hunting in that it could be fired rapidly to shoot multiple prey quickly while still being lightweight. That said even Q offers the lightweight Honey Badger, though I know DPMS, CA and others offer 7.5+- lbs AR-10s.

I agree on your last point. Having seen the video from Lonestar Boars hunting with The Fix it looked like this rifle was well suited for hog hunting in that it could be fired rapidly to shoot multiple prey quickly while still being lightweight. That said even Q offers the lightweight Honey Badger, though I know DPMS, CA and others offer 7.5+- lbs AR-10s.

I meant I wouldn't bother taking The Fix hog hunting here in GA. This is semi auto territory for that, if you can find someone that will let you hunt. This does remind me that I need to weigh my Aero M5, I bet its around 9lbs with optics.

So what's involved in swapping a barrel? I realise you need to remove the top rail and handguard, but what tools are needed beyond that? A barrel nut tool and action wrench? And have they stated anything about spare extensions being for sale? (Similar to the desert techs)

So what's involved in swapping a barrel? I realise you need to remove the top rail and handguard, but what tools are needed beyond that? A barrel nut tool and action wrench? And have they stated anything about spare extensions being for sale? (Similar to the desert techs)

It comes with the tool you need to swap barrels. Remove rail, remove hand guard, loosen pinch bolt under the barrel and remove barrel nut. I think that's all there is to it. I asked him about the extensions and he said only certain companies will have them but that was a while back and i dont remember who they were. I'm sure the list will grow as he gets the rifles out. I asked because I want a 6mm version.

Reactions: Just Macca
Any one else seeing these in the wild? How are they shooting? Did not see much from Q during this Shot Show coverage.

I contacted Q relatively recently and was told, among other things, that my ore order was third from last. That being said I was told they are waiting for a shipment of barrels to arrive and mine will be shipping out. That’s supposed to be this month, and obviously I’m hoping For next week, they said if I wouldn’t mind a 20” barrel I could have t shipped Monday, but I’m sticking with the 22. Just FYI for who ever

To that extent it doesn't truly represent anything that a traditional design cannot do. A hunting rifle doesn't necessarily need to be tacticool and cost $3000+ to be lightweight, ergonomic and bolt action. Barrel changes? Why would I need to change my barrel when I can afford more than one gun for the same price. The fix is nice in that offers a non-traditional alternative. For it's stated purpose is it revolutionary? No. Costly? Oh yeah.

From my view the nice thing about the similarly positioned Christensen Arms MPR is that it does have a standard action that can be replaced in case the company goes under. They weigh approximately the same according to the user measured weight of the 16" models.

I think a lot of interested buyers look at the Fix more as a PRS rifle.

The way I looked at it is for 3k I can have an accurate light weight rifle in multiple calibers and not have to buy more optics, or bi pods, or slings, or what ever. By the time I buy a decent Savage (1k) and put on decent optics (1k) it’s not too far off from what this costs. Plus it has a better trigger, smoother action, and certainly lighter weight (compaired to the other rifles I would buy) WITH an adjustable/ folding stock. For me, for what I am looking for, and what I was looking at, I can easily justify the cost. But that’s me, my budget, and my desires, and I think there are a lot of others like me out there. Obviously you disagree, or have other desires in owning multiple rifles, and that’s cool.

I finally gave in and e-mailed them. Mine is shipping this month. I thought I was much earlier in the pre-order line, but my shipping date doesn't seem to indicate that.

I'm curious to know if ALL pre-orders got the billet receiver, or if the pre-orders that are shipping this month are cast based.

Anybody see any accuracy reports yet? The net is very silent on these rifles, not that there would be much info, but a few of them at least are out in the wild. Thanks!

I finally gave in and e-mailed them. Mine is shipping this month. I thought I was much earlier in the pre-order line, but my shipping date doesn't seem to indicate that.

I'm curious to know if ALL pre-orders got the billet receiver, or if the pre-orders that are shipping this month are cast based.

When I emailed them they replied that all of the preorders got them including mine. I’m assuming you orderderef before the last day? My order 1-2 hours after the deadline on the last day and still ended up 3rd from the bottom.

Anybody see any accuracy reports yet? The net is very silent on these rifles, not that there would be much info, but a few of them at least are out in the wild. Thanks!
There have been a few on instagram and Q says half MOA

My buddy has one, 6.5CM with proof barrel - shoots great. We were shooting 600-750yards so I don't have group sizes, but I could hit what I was aiming at.

16A75A8C-98F6-4311-87D3-9A20734A20FC.png

Walked into one of my LGS this morning and a 6.5 was on the wall they just got in on Thursday. I was shocked. I tried to talk my self out of it but it followed me home anyway. Now I have to get glass for it and a tikka a1 16" I picked up.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Walked into one of my LGS this morning and a 6.5 was on the wall they just got in on Thursday. I was shocked. I tried to talk my self out of it but it followed me home anyway. Now I have to get glass for it and a tikka a1 16" I picked up.
Range report!

I have been seeing a lot of rifles in racks on IG over the last few day so hopefully all of the preorders get filled and we are all happy campers.

Reactions: Kevin Brittingham
I've been following this thread for a while and thought I'd chime in. I ordered a fix in Jan. of last year. It arrives today. Been a lot of back and forth, and lots of delays. I hope it shoots well, and I'm looking forward to wringing it out this weekend. It's not an ultralight hunting gun, and not a likely candidate for competition, but it has features found nowhere else at its weight. Looks very promising to me, and will likely do most things pretty well. Not a single, purpose built rifle, but more of a generalist rifle. Almost a modern version of the Scout rifle, with a bit of an inclination more towards the precision side.

I took out my 6.5 creed 22 inch model that i got from Bullseye gun range (GA) and sighted it in for 100 yards on my buddies farm. Was shooting 5 shot groups touching off a bench at 100. Decided to take it out to 4 hundred yards after that and i was able to shoot 3 to 5 inch groups from the prone. Aside from human error from me shaking behind thw gun because it was 38 degrees out in the wind i was happy. Gonna take it out again this weekend and my buddy is bringing his 20 inch 6.5 creed to see how his does. My bolt is a little heavy to lift right now but slowly easing up as i shoot it and the factory lube burns off. Will report more this weekend since north carolina has decided to warm up a bit

I took out my 6.5 creed 22 inch model that i got from Bullseye gun range (GA) and sighted it in for 100 yards on my buddies farm. Was shooting 5 shot groups touching off a bench at 100. Decided to take it out to 4 hundred yards after that and i was able to shoot 3 to 5 inch groups from the prone. Aside from human error from me shaking behind thw gun because it was 38 degrees out in the wind i was happy. Gonna take it out again this weekend and my buddy is bringing his 20 inch 6.5 creed to see how his does. My bolt is a little heavy to lift right now but slowly easing up as i shoot it and the factory lube burns off. Will report more this weekend since north carolina has decided to warm up a bit

Could your buddy give us a weight on that 20inch 6.5 creedmoor. My understanding is the 22's are 7.6lb. So maybe 7.3lb or so I figure for the 20incher.

The 20” barrel is 3.5 oz lighter than 22”, so you figured correctly. Shot my 22” today, very impressed. Shot well with the cheapest ammo I had, Hornady gun runner 140gr. Only tried this ammo. Trigger is very crisp and consistent, but not as light as some like. Bolt lift on mine is not hard. Recoil was no issue at all. I was wearing only a T-shirt and shot 30 rounds within an hr without any discomfort.

Thanks for the support.

I also emailed Q multiple times discussing heavy bolt lift after reading the review on here. They acknowledge they had heavy bolt lift issues but they said they had a “fix” for it. I was a bit nervous as I have one on pre order. They also let me know I was third from the last to get my pre order in... so I’ve got that going for me.
Had a few with heavy lift. identified it and solved it.

Reactions: Snicklefritzz
It is difficult to form concrete conclusions after one day at the range, but I am really liking this rifle for now. It is accurate with factory ammo (I'll do some load development later), handles well, and has a nice trigger. The stock adjusted nicely, so it fits me like a glove. The lock up of the folding stock is very solid.

While I am waiting for another mount to come in for the TT315M I earmarked for this rifle, I put a Sig Tango6 4-24x50 I just received. Even with this rather heavy scope and a bipod, it barely breaks past teen pounds.
View attachment 6846399

The trigger is very nice and crisp. The bolt is less heavy than I expected and quite smooth.

There is really a lot to like.

I'll post updates as I keep shooting, but I am really liking this gun.

ILya
Thanks for the kind words.

Nice!!
Stumbled upon this thread at lunch time and have been reading through all these posts. Reading your thorough review has me very interested in the gun. I still like my AI, but I may have to consider one in the future as a lightweight setup. Thanks for the honesty on the recoil... I wonder if they'll make a Fix for the new 224 Valkyrie round. I think that'd be like PB&J.

And if Kevin comes back, thanks for putting up with some of the newer members... I think some of them just wanted to increase their post counts instead of PMing you directly. The rest of us always greatly appreciate it when an industry rep comes in.
Thanks. The new Mini Fix is going to be offered in 224V, 300blk, 223, 6.5G, etc.

I'm confused as to what " The Fix" fixed.
This seems like a relatively expensive proprietary design you might not be able to get parts for in a few years.
Yeah, my parents refused to believe the Microwave Oven wasn't a fad until 1985...

Reactions: Bender
Now, that I have been messing with it for a while... while The Fix" is an ambitious name, it is definitely a unique design.

The biggest thing it fixes for me is weight. This is easily the lightest bolt gun rifle with AR-like ergonomics and folding stock I am aware of. Add to that the ability to easily swap barrels and one of the fastest bolt throws I have seen to date.

I am one of those weird people who regularly practice shooting from unsupported and other odd positions and the 45 degree bolt is proving really useful. I can run this bolt really quickly and light weight is helpful.

Since there is no separate chassis, I do not need to be concerned with bedding of any sort, tightening chassis screws or anything like that. Another interesting thing, is that all the important clockwork is contained inside the bolt. How durable that is remains to be seen, since the design is new. However, from a serviceability standpoint, I wonder if I can simply have a spare bolt in case something goes wrong.

Unlike everyone else apparently, I also like being able to use ubiquitous AR-10 mags.

Whether that fixes anything for you is sorta personal, but it all adds up to a very interesting design for me.

ILya
Thank you.