• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The Fix from Q

What bipod is that?

It's just a cheap UTG bipod I had lying around, I actually have a new Atlas on the way which I'll be mounting up shortly. For bench shooting the UTG is a little too high for me on The Fix even on the lowest setting. I want one of the Qsert direct mount Atlas that Q sells just for the clean install and not having have the picatinny adapter, but they're still out of stock, once those are available I'll probably pick one up and then move the picatinny-mnount Atlas over to an AR.

Waited quite a while for this thing.... Nice to finally have it and ready to get some lead down range....

Anyone sling FEDERAL 308 175GR SIERRA BTHP GOLD MEDAL downrange yet.... ?

Looking for a consistent round

20180402_184631.jpg

Gentlemen, i have a pretty large surplus of 140 hybrids for my 6.5. Now i loaded some up to mag length using once fired 6.5 130 prime brass. the 130s prime fed perfectly fine. The freshly loaded beloved 140s no matter the seating depth dont have a sharp enough ojive to meplat to make it up the feed ramp and into the chamber. We tried them in my rifle as well as a friends. Attached are the photos. We tried them in magpul mags, a lancer hybrid as well as a hexmag..... Anyone have any ideas or is my surplus of 140s going to have to stay with my DTA?
IMG_1455.jpg
IMG_1456.jpg

Gentlemen, i have a pretty large surplus of 140 hybrids for my 6.5. Now i loaded some up to mag length using once fired 6.5 130 prime brass. the 130s prime fed perfectly fine. The freshly loaded beloved 140s no matter the seating depth dont have a sharp enough ojive to meplat to make it up the feed ramp and into the chamber. We tried them in my rifle as well as a friends. Attached are the photos. We tried them in magpul mags, a lancer hybrid as well as a hexmag..... Anyone have any ideas or is my surplus of 140s going to have to stay with my DTA?View attachment 6894724View attachment 6894725

Can you rock the mag in the magwell? Specifically the bottom forward? Think opposite of the way you snap a mag into an ak pattern rifle. If you can does it change the feed angle of the bullet enough to work then?

Just thought I'd post an updated picture. My Fix now sports a 24" Proof barrel and a Tangent Theta TT315M in a Gen 2 Aadmount and with Aadland caps. The whole setup unloaded, but with the Atlas bipod is almost exactly ten pounds.

After shooting it for a bit, I finally posted by DTA for sale in the PX forum. I am really getting used to the Fix. DTA is a great heavy precision gun, but I am really keen on using the same rifle for precision and hunting, so I am sticking with the Fix. I might end up selling my 280Rem Tikkad because of this thing also. Who would have thought that getting this gun would be so detrimental to my gun collection?

i-wKKpSGN-L.jpg

Reactions: Bender
How do you like the 24" Proof? What caliber?

I'm in the same boat as you. I think the Fix kinda removes my need to have lighter weight hunting guns and heavier weight precision rifles. I've stopped shooting my heavies, and now just shoot the Fix and my .22's. We will see how long this lasts.

How do you like the 24" Proof? What caliber?

I'm in the same boat as you. I think the Fix kinda removes my need to have lighter weight hunting guns and heavier weight precision rifles. I've stopped shooting my heavies, and now just shoot the Fix and my .22's. We will see how long this lasts.

It is a 308. I might add a 6mm of some sort eventually, but I am kinda enjoying this one.

ILya

Just finished reading through all of the posts. In the pre release days people were asking about firing pin size. What size did it end up being? Doesn't matter to me but wondering for others.

Can you rock the mag in the magwell? Specifically the bottom forward? Think opposite of the way you snap a mag into an ak pattern rifle. If you can does it change the feed angle of the bullet enough to work then?

With the lancer hybrid and a bit of channel lock modification of the feed lips it would work.... ish but you had to hold it there so it doesnt really work in a practical sense. Wouldnt work with a hex mag or a p mag though.

I need to figure out some way to modify a follower so that it will kick the nose of the round up higher but will still grab the rim of the case to run the action.

Just thought I'd post an updated picture. My Fix now sports a 24" Proof barrel and a Tangent Theta TT315M in a Gen 2 Aadmount and with Aadland caps. The whole setup unloaded, but with the Atlas bipod is almost exactly ten pounds.

After shooting it for a bit, I finally posted by DTA for sale in the PX forum. I am really getting used to the Fix. DTA is a great heavy precision gun, but I am really keen on using the same rifle for precision and hunting, so I am sticking with the Fix. I might end up selling my 280Rem Tikkad because of this thing also. Who would have thought that getting this gun would be so detrimental to my gun collection?

Hi ILya,

Nice setup. How much travel did you have left in the 3-15M after zeroing? Thanks!

-TSean

I need to figure out some way to modify a follower so that it will kick the nose of the round up higher but will still grab the rim of the case to run the action.

I decided on Kac mags for mine for the longer oal and more compact size. Mine is flawless with 10rds but 20s sat too low in the front and the nose would jam at the feed ramp. If I pushed the bottom of the mag forward it raised the front of the mag enough to work fine. I put a small piece of Velcro on front of the trigger guard and it shims the mag perfectly to feed right but still drop free.

It may be ghetto but it works. Not sure if my solution would work for you.

I'm shooting 143eldx at 2.85" fwiw

Reactions: HVT1
I decided on Kac mags for mine for the longer oal and more compact size. Mine is flawless with 10rds but 20s sat too low in the front and the nose would jam at the feed ramp. If I pushed the bottom of the mag forward it raised the front of the mag enough to work fine. I put a small piece of Velcro on front of the trigger guard and it shims the mag perfectly to feed right but still drop free.

I will need to look into these KAC mags you are talking about. I might try that piece of velcro out. I am thinking i can modify the feed lips on that lancer enough. If it doesnt work then bummer out 40 dollars.... but thats going to be much cheaper than having all these 140 hybrids staring me in the face until i bring my 6.5x47 barrel down to texas.

Can you show a pic of that velcro? My Fix is flawless with 10 round mags as well, but with 20 or 25 it will not feed. Too low in front as well.

Can you show a pic of that velcro? My Fix is flawless with 10 round mags as well, but with 20 or 25 it will not feed. Too low in front as well.

Could probably get by with less. That's just what I used. At first I was going to put it on the spine of the mags but figured it wouldn't last as well there. Compared to large frame ar's the magwell is fairly shallow so I guess that is why a mag on the smaller side can wobble so much.

Attachments

• IMG_5561.JPG
    IMG_5561.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5562.JPG
    IMG_5562.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: SLG
Gentlemen, i have a pretty large surplus of 140 hybrids for my 6.5. Now i loaded some up to mag length using once fired 6.5 130 prime brass. the 130s prime fed perfectly fine. The freshly loaded beloved 140s no matter the seating depth dont have a sharp enough ojive to meplat to make it up the feed ramp and into the chamber. We tried them in my rifle as well as a friends. Attached are the photos. We tried them in magpul mags, a lancer hybrid as well as a hexmag..... Anyone have any ideas or is my surplus of 140s going to have to stay with my DTA?View attachment 6894724View attachment 6894725

Going through different loads today. Prime cycles fine. 140g berger would not. Hornady cycles fine. I believe they were the 140 or 147 ELDX but not sure, but the berger and Hornady were the same OAL just slightly longer than prime. I don’t have measurements with me, so I can’t get much more detailed than that. Sorry.

Could probably get by with less. That's just what I used. At first I was going to put it on the spine of the mags but figured it wouldn't last as well there. Compared to large frame ar's the magwell is fairly shallow so I guess that is why a mag on the smaller side can wobble so much.
Thanks very much. So the velcro is not specifically shimming the front (I was slightly confused about the placement and effect), it is more taking up some of the wobble slack. Is that correct? I will try it tonight.

Thanks very much. So the velcro is not specifically shimming the front (I was slightly confused about the placement and effect), it is more taking up some of the wobble slack. Is that correct? I will try it tonight.

Yes.putting the Velcro there takes up some of the slack and holds the front of the mag high enough to feed properly but the 10rd mags still work too. Doesn't have to be Velcro. It's just what I had handy and decided to try.

Are multiple people having problems feeding factory ammo from this rifle??

Rifle seems so interesting and attractive with the weight and folding stock / action design.. but if it’s having trouble feeding ammo under ideal conditions that’s a deal breaker.

I havn't had any problems with any ammo I have tried to date with the 308. My friend who has bought a 6.5CM version seems to be doing fine with factory ammo so far, but I think he has only used Hornady ammo so far.

ILya

Rifle seems so interesting and attractive with the weight and folding stock / action design.. but if it’s having trouble feeding ammo under ideal conditions that’s a deal breaker.

I haven't seen anyone having a problem feeding factory ammo, the poster above was loading his own ammo to 2.85" OAL and having problems with feeding only from 20-rd mags. I've only ran Hornady ammo so far, but no issues at all in about 200 rounds, other than an intermittent stiff bolt lift during the first 50 rounds which worked itself out and is now smooth every time.

My post was in regards to some reloads and it not liking a specific bullet. All factory ammo i have fed it has been fine. I was just wanting to use a hybrid since it has been a proven bullet that can deal with quite a bit of jump due to the magazine choices available for this rifle.

Tried a small piece of fuzzy velcro. Helped with the higher cap mags, but didnt competely solve the problem. May go slightly thicker and try again. My factory supplied 10 round mags work perfectly with all factory ammo I have tried. I have not tried any reloads.

Is there any more info out there on the 8.6/.338 Creedmoor? Is it mainly a short range heavy subsonic projectile or does it have long range potential as well?

Tried a small piece of fuzzy velcro. Helped with the higher cap mags, but didnt competely solve the problem. May go slightly thicker and try again. My factory supplied 10 round mags work perfectly with all factory ammo I have tried. I have not tried any reloads.

I used the hook side rather than loop. Should work better.

Reactions: SLG
The mount is canted, so I get two full revs after zeroing: 12 mrad.

ILya

Ah of course, a canted mount. Smart choice, that makes perfect sense. Thank you for the answer, have a good one!

-TSean

Ah of course, a canted mount. Smart choice, that makes perfect sense. Thank you for the answer, have a good one!

-TSean
Fundamentally, with modern precision scopes, there is really no good reason to use anything but a quality canted mount. You want to set up the cant so that you have somewhere between 60% and 80% of adjustment travel available after zeroing.

Last edited:
koshkin, can you post a video of a couple trigger pulls just to show what that looks like? What are your thoughts on that component?

I'll see if I can get something set up. the trigger is nice and crisp. I am partial to two stage triggers, so this one works well for me. I do not have a trigger pull gauge, so I do not know how heavy it is, but it feels like it is in the 3 lb range, which is about right for my purposes. The trigger pull feels the same every time which, I suspect, is helped by the shape: your finger naturally finds the spot at the very bottom of the flat portion and nestles there. Between crispness and repeatability, I find myself not thinking about the trigger at all. I can focus on the rest of it (and lord knows I need all the help I can get) and the trigger just works.

ILya

The only problem I had were hand loaded berger 140g hunter ?or maybe hybrid hunter? If you’re interested I can tell you exactly what round. I loaded Hornady140 ELDX to the same OAL and did not have problems. It really like them too

Attachments

• D2F45059-AD24-4ADA-AC04-B7C3EB837541.jpeg
    D2F45059-AD24-4ADA-AC04-B7C3EB837541.jpeg
    630.2 KB · Views: 88
The only problem I had were hand loaded berger 140g hunter ?or maybe hybrid hunter? If you’re interested I can tell you exactly what round. I loaded Hornady140 ELDX to the same OAL and did not have problems. It really like them too

Thanks guys

Anyone use this Hornady American Gunner 140gr BTHP yet? I bought some for “plinking” steel

Attachments

• F3CDEEA6-F9E4-4E90-A5A2-A86C26E89B0E.jpeg
    F3CDEEA6-F9E4-4E90-A5A2-A86C26E89B0E.jpeg
    601.9 KB · Views: 72
Another great day at the range today with The Fix 6.5CM, shot groups at 200 and dinged steel at 300. I made a little softer cheek rest which is nice for bench shooting.

IMG_0934.JPG

Fortunately we are not limited to just one gun. If we were, it would be my Fix. My only "complaint" is that barrels swaps are not faster.

The more I shoot it, and the more I carry it, the more I like it. I didn't get it for comps, but I may have to try it at one.

If you look around there are stores with the Fix in stock. I managed to find one and have seen deliveries received on instagram posts at stores.

If you look around there are stores with the Fix in stock. I managed to find one and have seen deliveries received on instagram posts at stores.

I saw a video of Brownells going over it and they slightly butchered it at the same time.

I see Cabelas is carrying the Fix. Any idea when they will get any in stock? I have a bunch of Cabelas points on my card and I want to use them on the Fix.

KB, will the direct scope mount remove the need to take off the top rail etc when swapping barrels? As in, will it just involve removing the handguard and barrel nut?
Also will folding stocks be made available for sale on their own one day? So some with a fixed stock can swap it out.