• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The fun of paying in CASH

Some small businesses won't accept $50s and/or $100s because those bills are most often counterfeited. If accepted employees usually hand it to a manager to check or hide so robbery losses are less.

Also, saving time by not having to count cash, balance register drawers, or physically deposit money into a bank, increasing chance of being robbed.

Not taking $100 bills has as much to do with anti-counterfeiting as it does not having change. The $100 bill is the most counterfeited bill, and not all businesses are set up to spot the fakes.

Furthermore, federal law does not require businesses to accept cash, though state and local laws might…

I get it, but this was a time period when cash was king. That’s mainly how biz was run at the time. Sure they had cc’s but most didnt use them mainstream at the time. As for counterfeiting, saving time, not having to run to banks etc. I get it, I do. Been there and it sucks but valid currency is currency, last I checked.

confused-zoe.gif

Well, it’s sort of not their thing…

Sirhr

Calm down.....everybody can learn to count change again, if we had to go back to it. Why use a rotary phone when we have smart phones. Technology changes and so do people, not a big deal! You're gloating over something outdated......those kids are really laughing at you, the old geezer paying with cash.
Who’s gonna be laughing when we’re cutting old silver dollars into eight pie slices to pay for stuff.. and carrying a gold dust scale!

It’s how life will be after WWIII that the globalists are busy starting.

Sirhr

I bought a new truck a few months ago and when I was in there there was a guy trying to pay cash for a used truck. Like actually had a bag of cash. The dealer said no, he would have to take it to a bank and get some type of certified payment. I asked my salesman what the deal was. He told be that they got burned a few years ago. Guy paid cash for a new car, they deposited the cash in their bank and a few of the bills were fake. The Feds come in and took ALL of the money from the bank deposit for the investigation. That is how the Feds roll. They were out a car and like $70k....... Not a good day.

Last year I bought a used pickup from a small dealer.
'19 F250 SC, nice but not fancy, $25K.
Went to pay for it and plopped down $15K in cash (still in bank wrappers).
Dealer said he would not take cash, too much paper work if he tried to deposit said cash with his bank.
WTF???
I wrote him a check for the full amount and then told him to give me couple of days to get back home and get the money deposited to cover the check I just wrote

So I asked my bank and they said anything over a $5K cash deposit and they had a form they were required to fill out.
If it was a customer they knew the form stayed in house and never went any farther.
If it was someone they did not know, they had the option to pass it on up the chain.

I won't take this down the "attempt to digitize money in order to control our spending" of our earned monies rabbit hole

But it makes me wonder..........................

Bought a new car yesterday. Paid a portion of it, $10K, in cash. they had a machine that counted it and detected counterfeits.

Went to monster jam in Houston a couple weeks ago and nrg stadium is a completely cash free establishment now.
I've heard of more and more event places doing this. I walked out without my food at Assembly Hall in Nashville (30+restaurants and bars) when I was told no cash throughout the complex.

It is too bad we don’t have some kind of metallic currency. Something made of precious metals that is actually worth its own weight. I remember reading that ancient civilizations did that.

Reactions: ewoaf
It is too bad we don’t have some kind of metallic currency. Something made of precious metals that is actually worth its own weight. I remember reading that ancient civilizations did that.

Um.......
All our coins are worth more than their paper equivalent in weight right now.
This is why there was a coin shortage.
This is why plandemic was a boon to minting coin.
They have to take them out of circulation, have to.
They have to go to digital currency, or reveal the worthlessness of our paper currency.
They really need another convenient emergency right now, so they can go digital.

Theyve been planning this for many decades. But few people were paying attention, except "conspiracy theorists" like myself and Mike from Michigan.
Reprinting all the money with rfid strips and watermarks was never about counterfeiting.
Its always been about devaluing the currency in your pocket.

You only think you are getting bent over the sawhorse right now, just wait till everyone has to switch to the "globomark".

I pay cash, cash must be accepted by businesses.

I don't tip except for true and traditional service places

I was referring to pre 1965 coins that contained their actual weight in silver. Funny how a $.10 of silver then is now $3.00 in paper money.

I learned in 1970 that if you have a calculator handy, use it.
Running a business that may get you sued if your numbers don't work out will leave a mental and financial mark.