• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Gifford's are at it again

Captain Kirk

Roberts Tactical Precison
Banned !
Some of you may recall the email I received from the Gifford's asking for my support for the <span style="font-weight: bold">Americans for Responsible Solutions</span>. I just received another email, here it goes....

Dear Kirk -

The latest hearing on gun violence is done, and now it's time for Congress to act.

Recent polls show more than 90% of Americans, including gun owners like me and Mark, support universal background checks for gun sales, and a bipartisan group of Senators and House members seem ready to move on the issue.

We can do this!

Next week, on the eve of the State of Union, we'll begin running our first television ad urging Congress to act immediately.

Contribute $5 today and help us get this piece of common sense legislation to President Obama's desk for his signature.

http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/first-ad

Mark and I will be sure to share the television ad with you as soon as it's up on the air. Keep an eye on your inbox for it on Monday.

Thank you for your support,

Gabby

Re: The Gifford's are at it again

Well so the question is, did you giver your $5, or go above and beyond and give more???

I'd LOVE to know where they found 90% of everyone is for universal background checks.

It's hilarious. 90%? I can't find 1 person.

I actually don't have an issue with background checks. If I thought that concession would appease the gun grabbers, I'd give it to them.

But it won't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheGerman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd LOVE to know where they found 90% of everyone is for universal background checks.

It's hilarious. 90%? I can't find 1 person. </div></div>

And the propaganda machine rolls on....

I guess I should add that I don't support background checks though, simply because the government can't do anything without assing it up and making it into a huge clusterfuck...

If they had an effecient way to do it, I think more people would be OK with it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually don't have an issue with background checks. If I thought that concession would appease the gun grabbers, I'd give it to them.

But it won't.</div></div>
and there in lies the issue. background check to keep crazies from buying them..np its what i know they will do with it next. it wouldnt bother me a bit have to do private sales with a middleman that runs a nics for small fee, if safety was the point. but its not. so i dont.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc02xx</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actually don't have an issue with background checks. If I thought that concession would appease the gun grabbers, I'd give it to them.

But it won't.</div></div>
and there in lies the issue. background check to keep crazies from buying them..np its what i know they will do with it next. it wouldnt bother me a bit have to do private sales with a middleman that runs a nics for small fee, if safety was the point. but its not. so i dont. </div></div>

Agreed... I feel they see it as one more way to drive up costs and aggrivation for gun owners, and that's where support falls apart for it.

I think that CCW holders should be allowed to show their permit at an ffl dealer and avoid the background check fee- or at least pay a reduced rate. As far as expanded checks go, I don't feel comfortable with what will qualify or rather disqualify somebody for a purchase. I see too much lawyer posturing and agenda pushing if this were to go through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338Sendero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that CCW holders should be allowed to show their permit at an ffl dealer and avoid the background check fee- or at least pay a reduced rate. As far as expanded checks go, I don't feel comfortable with what will qualify or rather disqualify somebody for a purchase. I see too much lawyer posturing and agenda pushing if this were to go through. </div></div>

Yup

Wonder how many of those 90% (which is a bullshit number anyway) will support a universal background check system when they figure out that that in order to have a universal background check they'll/we'll all have to 100% register their guns...

Once people figure that out that number of support, whatever is is currently, will drop to 0-1%.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 338Sendero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that CCW holders should be allowed to show their permit at an ffl dealer and avoid the background check fee- or at least pay a reduced rate. </div></div>

Utah already does this. (But then all CCW holders have a background check done every single day on them, so it is always up to date.)
As a LEO, I didn't have a CCW and had to pay the $7 fee each time I made a purchase.

In NC you have to either have a CCW Permit (which requires a background check)to purchase a handgun or you have to purchase permits that allow you to purchase a pistol (which also includes a background check). I'm not sure how much more you can make it "universal". This is especially true since I don't plan on purchasing a handgun next time I go to visit Mars....
wink.gif

Plus it can easily be converted to be used as a defacto registration and tracking tool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder how many of those 90% (which is a bullshit number anyway) will support a universal background check system when they figure out that that in order to have a universal background check they'll/we'll all have to 100% register their guns...

Once people figure that out that number of support, whatever is is currently, will drop to 0-1%. </div></div>

Exactly! I can't believe any gun owner who has actually thought about this would ever give in to this bullshit. Universal background checks would be the first phase of confiscation. Whether through laws or challenging your health as to whether you still meet the requirements for ownership/purchasing, they will come for them.

That is exactly right..in NY U have a background check for all handgun purchases, every pistol is registered and written on you licnese. To sell one U have to get a Purchase Order from the cops (for a fee), transfer it to and FFL dealer, take the form to the PD and have the written record of the gun removed from your license, then the purchaser has to do the same thing and have the new pistol at the PD asigned to his license after a serial #, make model , and barrel length documented/physically inspected, for his license...Registration is all of it..U R so right !!!

My response was that I will not support any anti gun "puppets" which they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[ Whether through laws or challenging your health as to whether you still meet the requirements for ownership/purchasing, they will come for them. </div></div>

Yup. Both - and yes the ACA will come into play here in a wicked yet wholly predictable way...