• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Government Run Around

bjdm151

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2010
lexington, ky
The Government runaround. I am trying to change a return flight for official government travel. The ticket has been reserved by SATO (travel office) but hasn't ben paid for. The office I talked to last time (1) told me to call another number (2). An electronic voice prompt at (2) told me to call (1). Called (1) again and they said call (2) and then gave me (3). (3) told me that I had to talk to the New Orleans office that arranged the ticket (4). (4) was a fax machine. Someone else at (5) said I have to talk to my Reserve center. Lets see where this goes.

Re: The Government Run Around

Called some numbers at my reserve center but all the extensions have changed from whats in my phone and whats stated on the centers phone directory. Doesn't matter, no ones at their desk anyway.

Re: The Government Run Around

Yahtzee! I hope. Got ahold of someone at the reserve center who informed me I had to go into the order writing system and modify my orders to request a flight change. Fought the order writing system for a little bit and made a few more troubleshooting phone calls and got it in.

And so some of you don't think I'm just a whining reservist (which I admit I usually am) this is to get rid of an 11 hour layover waiting on a 3 hour flight after and 11 hour flight across the pacific.