• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing The Hill People Serape ?

Geronimo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2010
columbus, ohio
Has anyone tried one of these? Looked like something useful and has primaloft but is a pound heavier than a Kifaru Woobie. Thoughts.

I use one all the time for hunting in California A and B zones. Its my main go to bag until the temps start to fall into the 30's and low 40's. Im 6'4 and it fits me great.

Thanks for the reply, found Integral Tactical/Fellfab has one as well that has a full zipper and the head opening has a zipper as well(220 bucks vs 175). That temp was what I was going for and warmer , usually in a tent as well.

Bit the bullet on the serape, great customer service and communication. I know a dedicated sleeping bag is lighter but always loved my gi issue poncho liner.

I think you will be very happy with it once you get used to using it. I tend to keep the open side underneath me and use it like a blanket/sleeping bag hybrid. I also use a kiui lt. weight down jacket with it as a pillow and then wear it if the temp drops.
In the morning I use it in the coat configuration while im glassing for animals and the hood is a great addition when its cold and windy

Quick update, great product, several reviews online already, but was very surprised how warm it was just used as a blanket so far. Beyond warm as a great coat, still putting a good camping gear list together, so I will add a serious bag as well to add to this for extreme cold.