• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The HK, Sig, CZ, Walther, Beretta THREAD

t9Lce33.jpg

I bought this full-size 4.5" Walther PDP about 10 months ago and since then, I haven't shot much else in my collection. That's because it shatters every reasonable expectation of how a $600 polymer-frame handgun is supposed to perform straight out of the box. WTH. And it isn't like it's the first one I have ever owned. I've gone thru several during the past few years but, never had one I really liked well-enough to keep until I got a Walther PPQ 45 back in 2018. When Walther began promoting the PDP as the next generation of PPQ a few years later, I was interested but, not in a huge hurry to get one.

xXHWlHk.jpg

I still enjoy shooting my 1991-vintage Sig P220 but, since 9mm is far more economical to shoot than .45 ACP, I've been spending more time with my PDP than any other pistol.

Shooting steel has been almost too easy, so I took it to a Pins match last weekend and did well-enough to be encouraged to try it again next month. Most will tell you that 9mm is a marginal caliber for Pins. It kind of is. While it's capable enough to shoot a pin completely off the table, it's gotta be an almost perfect shot to do it consistently. Most participants shoot either .45 ACP or .40 S&W because they're more forgiving. Usually, if a pin is hit with a .45 or a .40, it's gonna go off the table with one shot. Usually. It still has to be a good shot but, it doesn't need to be quite as good of a shot as 9mm has to be. 9mm tends to leave "floppers" - pins that fall-over but, don't go completely off the table. Those cost a 5-second penalty. Complete misses are a 10-second penalty. The rules are simple: shoot six pins completely off the table at 30-ft as fast as possible.

TcvPNlb.jpg

I shot seven relays with the PDP last Saturday and only had 4 'floppers' total. Zero complete misses. It did so well that other shooters thought I was using +P ammo. When I showed them I was only using Federal 124gr FMJ range ammo, the looks on their faces were priceless. Nobody shoots 9mm at our Pins matches.

Some general observations about the PDP after 1000-or-so rounds:

The pistol is stupid-accurate and reliable. I have owned handguns that cost 4x more that don't shoot all that much better and I have had zero malfunctions of any kind.

The PDP has no discernible ammo-preference. There is very little difference in POI using bullets of the same weight between brands of ammo. 115gr impacts about 2" higher than 124gr does but, I haven't tested any other weights yet.

The PDP basically fixes everything that the PPQ was lacking in its design: improved slide serrations, improved trigger and improved grip texture that all adds up to a pistol that's incredibly easy to shoot well, even for an old, decrepit fart, like yours truly. WTH, indeed.

Reactions: 308pirate
My P07 and P09 had the pro package done at Cajun Gunworks and it was damn amazing......
Those CZ pistols look amazing, especially when done up by Cajun Gunworks.

If I was to get any pistol right now, it would probably be a tricked out CZ of some sort.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
t9Lce33.jpg

I bought this full-size 4.5" Walther PDP about 10 months ago and since then, I haven't shot much else in my collection. That's because it shatters every reasonable expectation of how a $600 polymer-frame handgun is supposed to perform straight out of the box. WTH. And it isn't like it's the first one I have ever owned. I've gone thru several during the past few years but, never had one I really liked well-enough to keep until I got a Walther PPQ 45 back in 2018. When Walther began promoting the PDP as the next generation of PPQ a few years later, I was interested but, not in a huge hurry to get one.

xXHWlHk.jpg

I still enjoy shooting my 1991-vintage Sig P220 but, since 9mm is far more economical to shoot than .45 ACP, I've been spending more time with my PDP than any other pistol.

Shooting steel has been almost too easy, so I took it to a Pins match last weekend and did well-enough to be encouraged to try it again next month. Most will tell you that 9mm is a marginal caliber for Pins. It kind of is. While it's capable enough to shoot a pin completely off the table, it's gotta be an almost perfect shot to do it consistently. Most participants shoot either .45 ACP or .40 S&W because they're more forgiving. Usually, if a pin is hit with a .45 or a .40, it's gonna go off the table with one shot. Usually. It still has to be a good shot but, it doesn't need to be quite as good of a shot as 9mm has to be. 9mm tends to leave "floppers" - pins that fall-over but, don't go completely off the table. Those cost a 5-second penalty. Complete misses are a 10-second penalty. The rules are simple: shoot six pins completely off the table at 30-ft as fast as possible.

TcvPNlb.jpg

I shot seven relays with the PDP last Saturday and only had 4 'floppers' total. Zero complete misses. It did so well that other shooters thought I was using +P ammo. When I showed them I was only using Federal 124gr FMJ range ammo, the looks on their faces were priceless. Nobody shoots 9mm at our Pins matches.

Some general observations about the PDP after 1000-or-so rounds:

The pistol is stupid-accurate and reliable. I have owned handguns that cost 4x more that don't shoot all that much better and I have had zero malfunctions of any kind.

The PDP has no discernible ammo-preference. There is very little difference in POI using bullets of the same weight between brands of ammo. 115gr impacts about 2" higher than 124gr does but, I haven't tested any other weights yet.

The PDP basically fixes everything that the PPQ was lacking in its design: improved slide serrations, improved trigger and improved grip texture that all adds up to a pistol that's incredibly easy to shoot well, even for an old, decrepit fart, like yours truly. WTH, indeed.

Now that I think about it the PDP I fondled today had a Medium backstrap and I use the large one (which has a huge hump that makes it point like a glock) on my P-10.

I don't need another pistol......I don't need another pistol......
I don't need another pistol......I don't need another pistol......I don't need another pistol......I don't need another pistol......I don't need another pistol......

Reactions: GoggledIt
I have to say, I went to check out the PDP today and found the trigger to be mush. I really had high expectations based on the reviews and I was expecting magic. Granted my main 9mm is an LTT Elite so maybe I'm expecting too much at that particular price point. And the whole F-series PDP is just cringe worthy. Price is decent though and maybe I just need to get one to the range to truly assess. Did find it a bit more mechanically precise (heavy) than the Beretta APX A1.

Reactions: Milf Dots
I have to say, I went to check out the PDP today and found the trigger to be mush. I really had high expectations based on the reviews and I was expecting magic. Granted my main 9mm is an LTT Elite
At the speed that pistols are supposed to be run, you won't be able to tell the difference. Anyway the comparison is dumb since they are two completely dissimilar trigger designs. It has nothing to do with price points

And the whole F-series PDP is just cringe worthy.
Well they're meant for women so why were looking at them or care?

Did find it a bit more mechanically precise (heavy) than the Beretta APX A1.
Heavier = mechanically more precise? LOL

Reactions: Milf Dots
At the speed that pistols are supposed to be run, you won't be able to tell the difference. Anyway the comparison is dumb since they are two completely dissimilar trigger designs. It has nothing to do with price points

I thought the Walther was better in fit, finish and feel than the APX. It felt a bit higher in quality, machined better, with a better mechanical interface between parts and had a heavier, quality feel to it.

On the women front, it's just a marketing gimmick. They had the full range and I don't have a compact so I picked it up to check it out.

Maybe it's dumb to you but not to me. I actually didn't care for the trigger but yeah, I totally understand they're completely different designs. Still doesn't change the fact I didn't care for the trigger.

All fine pistols, and great range guns... not sure I would want to carry any of them all day however. If you're looking for carry guns, all these manufacturers have more compact alternatives to choose from that are just as reliable.

I thought the Walther was better in fit, finish and feel than the APX. It felt a bit higher in quality, machined better, with a better mechanical interface between parts and had a heavier, quality feel to it.
So in other words a completely subjective opinion without any objective evidence.

Ive been running several PDP's now and i tried out the smaller PDP f series and it i was really supprissed how i liked shooting it. the trigger is basically the same as the others but with the long take up removed so it started at a pretty short LOP but when i ran some drills i didnt much notice it feeling off. My hands are more so thick than long so the grip felt even better than a regular pdp compact.

Ive been running several PDP's now and i tried out the smaller PDP f series and it i was really supprissed how i liked shooting it. the trigger is basically the same as the others but with the long take up removed so it started at a pretty short LOP but when i ran some drills i didnt much notice it feeling off. My hands are more so thick than long so the grip felt even better than a regular pdp compact.
Yep. No more mag-pinch with the full-size.