• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Mandalorian (Spoilers are ok; youve been warned)

I read today the line was changed at the end, potentially hiding a spin-off,

it was supposed to be she was too busy because of Thrawn but it was changed to say he might go Dark

I was pretty concerned about how they would handle Ahsoka and Jedi in general.

But I think they did a better job than any SW yet (the originals didn’t have the tech at the time).

They didn’t overdue it with the animation like episodes 1-3. It looked gritty and real.

Reactions: MPrimo
Grand Admiral Thrawn. The blue guy in Rebels. He was the main bad guy in the Timothy Zahn trilogy that was the original sequel trilogy in book form. Disney de-canonized those, but they have been pulling from all that lore to repopulate the galaxy. And let fans that all isn't lost. But if Ahsoka is going to be in more episodes, then we might see Thrawn. And Sabine Wren, another Mandolorian.

A complete genious who can only be defeated by his own arrogance in wanting to only win with the use of genious level tactics.

(/George Patton) Thrawn you magnificant bastard! I read your book! (/George Patton)

From the last episode, I noticed/think a few things:

- Baby Y is like 50 years old (remember, Yoda was like 800 or something when he died) and has been trained by masters. He is holding back for some reason and has WAY more power than has been shown. It's got to be something like, he needs an actual reason to use it, instead of just, go do Jedi shit.

- AT and Baby Y were talking way more than what was alluded to. I also think Baby Y told her he isn't leaving Mando.

- I dont think AT 'couldn't' train him as far as she didn't want to or he wasn't ready, but because Baby Y is already beyond her. Interesting wording used.

- As for going to a planet to have Baby Y 'activate' some sort of force related beacon, I don't even know who is still out there, but I think its less for training and more to get him to a Jedi temple to unlock his use of the force.

- Mando had AT in a straight up fight.

- Isn't AT looking for Thrawn to get payback on the whole almost going Dark side/framed for treason thing? Or something else? Seems unrelated to Baby Y and the overall story.

- At some point we need to circle around and intersect Moff Gideon and the Darksabre with Bo-Katan winning it off of him so she can unite all Mandalorians; something that would be a good thing (if not absolutely necessary) to have in a Mandalorian specific show.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Ok with that last episode I feel like the kid I was when I first saw Star War... frisking awesome stuf!
I thought I was an old SW geek before now I know I am...

All younglings were trained by several masters at the temple. He’s wasn’t a padawan yet, so he theoretically still has a long way to go(but they fucked this all up since Rey learned enough to kill the emperor in a year......)They just using fancy words to sound good on the show. He’s holding back because he’s a kid that has seen terrible shit everywhere and in his mind it all revolves around force shit (which is true). Ahsoka is pretty spot on with the emotional stuff. We’ve already seen him use it in anger with Cara Dune. So, the kid definitely hasn’t reached the point in his species aging to be able to differentiate some things.

They have kinda created a problem here though. So, the kid is 50, and well....pretty young still for his species. Mando timeline is about 5 years after ROTJ.

The Force Awakens is 30 years after ROTJ. So, if we time jumped to where we currently have left off in SW, the kid will still be pretty damn young for his species. So, either we are just gonna see a toddler/teen or they are going to have to make his species hit some sort of rapid maturity rate around 55 or something like that.

TheGerman said:
- Isn't AT looking for Thrawn to get payback on the whole almost going Dark side/framed for treason thing? Or something else? Seems unrelated to Baby Y and the overall story.

Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn because she's looking for Ezra Bridger, and both went on a purgill ride into the Unknown Regions on the series finale of Rebels.

Begs the question - what happened to Sabine Wren?

They should break the internet and let it be Mace Windu that shows up at the temple/alter deal.

Sabine Wren would be a good sidekick for Baby Yoda and Din!

They should break the internet and let it be Mace Windu that shows up at the temple/alter deal.

Isn't Sam Jackson's language a little salty for Disney? They got his signature catchphrase in Avenger's Infinity War as he was turned to dust.

Sabine Wren would be a good sidekick for Baby Yoda and Din!

Isn't Sam Jackson's language a little salty for Disney? They got his signature catchphrase in Avenger's Infinity War as he was turned to dust.

.......he’s already played the role.

AT noted the fear in the kid ... same lines were used in the prequels about Anakin/Vader. Makes me wonder if there is a chance that the kid goes in that direction too. I also think that the kid senses the force in Mando ... if that is possible ... and that has created the connection. Mando is a foundling not a clone ... maybe he is connected to a Jedi somehow? Loving the show. Has made me go back and watch the first three movies.

Can’t believe I found a whole thread on this. Don’t really watch much TV at all, always a fan of SW’s from the old days.. but I tell ya... Friday night, all my kids from 19 down to 12 all show up, popcorn, pile in the couch like a pack of cur dogs and we watch mando.. I’d pay half my salary again to keep it going for that!

And it’s totally bad ass to boot.

I know everyone is excited about Thrawn, but we only have 3 episodes left. And Moff Gideon and Din need some sort of conflict. I would bet that this Friday's episode is another getting from point A to B with something along the way episode, and the last two are Moff, Din, and BABY YODA at the Jedi Temple. While it would be cool to see Ahsoka and Bo Katan again, I don't think that is in the cards for this season. But they better be back next year!

And I admit I am wrong. As for today's episode: Geeking out and freaking out at the same time,

Last edited:
Holy shit, I knew it was coming but I didn’t think they’d do it this early.

Reactions: Rover31
Up until last week's episode I was ready to give up on this show. It seemed like the same thing over and over....

Hey I need something.....ok, beat up this monster first and we'll give you another clue.
Hey, I need something else.....ok, beat up these dudes for us and we'll give you another clue.
Hey, I need a part for my ship.....ok, beat up some monsters and we'll give it to you.

The episodes need to be at least an hour! 23 minutes or whatever isn't enough to develop a good story.....is this going somewhere?!?! It was all pretty shallow action and no depth imho. Well last week got much better. I haven't watched today's episode yet, but the kids and I will be there again this evening.

Stoked they are bringing Thrawn and the dark troopers into the canon. Read all those Zahn and Anderson books when I was in school. Curious if they are gonna drop any Kyle Katarn references.

Loved the episode

1606750364_n9mgg4nqqh.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Puncho and MPrimo
Stoked they are bringing Thrawn and the dark troopers into the canon. Read all those Zahn and Anderson books when I was in school. Curious if they are gonna drop any Kyle Katarn references.

Thrawn is already back. If you have not binge watched SW:Rebels, do so. Filoni was behind it too and it is really good. And Thrawn is the main bad guy in season 3&4. Plus the TIE Defender....

Reactions: nikonNUT
I can't believe nobody has said anything about the scope being mounted (and 'used') backwards on the rifle. At the 23 minute mark, iirc.

Wow.

It's a cobbled-together SciFi fake gun they can put the scope on backward if they want

Two things,

In the previous episode, when the Dark Troopers turned to land feet first, Awesome, about time they started landing these guys right

My guess, we already had a nice Yoda, I want Evil Yoda, follow the butterflies

Lol. The show is about space wizards and warriors and people caring about the backward scope.

But ya, I’m wondering if we are getting evil yoda or a mandalorian yoda. Because Disney, I’m betting Mando.

Episodes are too damn short......or they just go fast. Carano is thick. Always liked the SW stuff. First movie I ever saw in a theater at a second grade birthday party in the 70's

Damn it, I'm at work. My daughter even watched it already! I gotta stsy out of this thread till I see it.

I was really surprised to see Mace Windu all like "Surprise Motherfuckers!" in a Disney+ show.
I wonder what the Fett series will bring. Kind of sucks we have to wait for a year but wow this series is amazing.

It was weird to see Mando getting pegged in the pooper by Jaba da hut, I really didn't know Beskar armor had a trap door for those kinds of acts.

Season 2 ended quite well. The doors are wide open for 3 (and 4?). And I will be nice and not do any spoilers.
Ahsoka's series will be good.
Book of Fett can be fun. Not sure if a series about a crime boss doing crime boss things is "disney", but it will be worth a shot.

The Mandalorian hasn't hidden the Westerns and Samurai movies they homage...

Reactions: MPrimo
Din holding the Dark Saber certainly leaves the door open for a whole new story after the Book of Fett closes. Nutshelling all the intertwining plots and characters in the Star Wars universe for a 10 year old was a challenge o_O

I wonder if we will see a tie in from the after show credit scene with Kenobe'?

Doubt it. Kenobi is set between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope. The Book of Boba Fett is several years after Return of the Jedi.

Doubt it. Kenobi is set between Revenge of the Sith and New Hope. The Book of Boba Fett is several years after Return of the Jedi.
You are absolutely correct. How the hell did I forget the timeline? I was just thinking Tattoine, and the Mando sure evokes feelings of A New Hope.

Please just bring in Harrison Ford to voice act a CG Han Solo for season 3.

Good question. Ahsoka and Sabine Wren team up to rescue Ezra Bridger in the epilogue of Rebels. But all we know is that happened after Jedi. But other than that and Ahsoka looking for information on where Thrawn is, we have no other info. A lot of options on where in the time line where we saw Ahsoka this time. Maybe She knows he is back and is trying to set up for the New Order, or they had found Thrawn/Ezra, and Thrawn escaped. Who knows. When I binge watch all of season 2 one thing I will be looking for is hints of the bigger threat. Someone mentioned there was a throw away line about a large fleet of ex-Empire out there, and hinted that Moff Gideon is not the big bad guy pulling the strings. Maybe Thrawn?

What a surprise ending. Fantastic!

And the the teaser for BF! Wish is was coming sooner. Is The Mandalorian finished for good? Felt like it and the new BF was replacing it.

Jefe's Dope said:
Is The Mandalorian finished for good?

Highly doubtful...now the story can pivot to Din helping Bo Katan retake Mandalore (and perhaps settle that pesky detail of who rightfully possesses the Darksaber).

Reactions: Jefe's Dope