• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Mechanic (2010)

Krav69

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2007
Good flick, despite the fact that it is yet another remake.

One problem, though, something no one here will like, is the scene with Jason Stratham shooting a .50cal. The expelled round is a blank, and the crimping is plainly obvious.

If money is tight, go ahead and rent it. I went to the movies with the girlfriend and I got gangpounded for $35.

Stratham plays a good bad dude...

Re: The Mechanic (2010)

I'm not positive, I was told it's a remake, but I really doubt they adhered to the original Charles Bronson script; the storyline is seemingly too modern.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krav69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not positive, I was told it's a remake, but I really doubt they adhered to the original Charles Bronson script; the storyline is seemingly too modern. </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mdmRcgjN1m0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mdmRcgjN1m0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Went and saw this and was a bit disappointed.

I was entertained, but it felt a little crammed and forced.

Its something you can wait for on Netflix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: viav13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went and saw this and was a bit disappointed.

I was entertained, but it felt a little crammed and forced.

Its something you can wait for on Netflix. </div></div>

I agree 100%, had some good things, but overall a little disappointing

90 minutes of entertainment - no more no less. Fairly predictable plot. The shoot 'em up was good but not enough to make this a better than average movie. Save your $$ until it comes out on DVD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when the first one came out. Was one of my all time favorite movies. Going to have to see this one.</div></div>

Heck, I didn't know "The Mechanic" would show up to his OWN movie thread!!! Maybe we should have consulted Dogtown!!!
grin.gif

Just watched the you tube clip from original. Did they have Illuminated reticles back then ? Dang Bronson killed the Doc from Gunsmoke ? Where was Festus ?

I still like watching the original.

Did they have the same or similar diving scene to the boat and car chase shootout roadblock in the Italian hills, then running out of ammo? Like that part in the original.

IIRC Seems they expended more shotgun rounds than the actual capacity though, in the original.

Have to wait for DVD, on Sale.

Have to agree that the original is the best IMHO, more realistic and less fluff.

Saw it thought it was good I take this stuff for entertainment
and nothing more I liked the fight scene with the big gay guy
that was great.

Excuse the necro-post, but I watched this pile of shit on cable last night. It was an hour and a half of my life I'll never get back and I'm posting this as a warning for anyone who is thinking about watching it.