• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Mexican Mormon War (Drug Cartels vs. Mormons Full Length)

If an all out war between the Mormons and drug cartels actually did kick off, I wouldn't be too quick to bet against the Mormons. Cartels are in it for the money. Mormons would be in it for righteousness, and believing they have God on their side.

It would of course take the Mormons some time to get up to speed with the level of violence the cartels are willing to use, but once a group of religious zealots got into the fight I would bet on the Mormons. The Mormon church has a world wide presence and their ability to do geanology and historical research would make it easy for them to switch to the ability to gather intelligence on a world wide level that would surprise the cartels. The ability of Mormon's to look more "main stream" and blend in with the public would also give them an advantage. As for raising money, the Mormon churches and temples build all over the world shows they are not slouches when it comes to gathering funds for projects.

Given their ability to gather money, intelligence, and the sheer number of people willing to undertake a righteous religious cause would eventually offset the need to come to grips with the kind of violence the cartels are willing to use. IE: "They killed bishop XXX, YYY, and ZZZ. That cannot be allowed to go unchallenged. God put those bishops in place to do their work, who will now stand up and take over for bishops XXX, YYY, and ZZZ?" Then half the men in attendance push and shove to get to the front of that line.

If an all out war between the Mormons and drug cartels actually did kick off, I wouldn't be too quick to bet against the Mormons. Cartels are in it for the money. Mormons would be in it for righteousness, and believing they have God on their side.

It would of course take the Mormons some time to get up to speed with the level of violence the cartels are willing to use, but once a group of religious zealots got into the fight I would bet on the Mormons. The Mormon church has a world wide presence and their ability to do geanology and historical research would make it easy for them to switch to the ability to gather intelligence on a world wide level that would surprise the cartels. The ability of Mormon's to look more "main stream" and blend in with the public would also give them an advantage. As for raising money, the Mormon churches and temples build all over the world shows they are not slouches when it comes to gathering funds for projects.

Given their ability to gather money, intelligence, and the sheer number of people willing to undertake a righteous religious cause would eventually offset the need to come to grips with the kind of violence the cartels are willing to use. IE: "They killed bishop XXX, YYY, and ZZZ. That cannot be allowed to go unchallenged. God put those bishops in place to do their work, who will now stand up and take over for bishops XXX, YYY, and ZZZ?" Then half the men in attendance push and shove to get to the front of that line.

The Mormons may seem on the outside just like every other church but when it comes to all out war, they are probably one of the best equipped for it. They still remember it like it was fresh. In their services the young people talk about their ancestors that died during the early struggles.
Sure they are growing soft like everybody else, but at a lot slower rate than the rest of their contemporaries.

They have redundant communications including radio back to the leadership across the whole world
They have plenty of supplies and food spread out
They have plenty of weapons and ammo where needed
They have members that will actually show up where and when told and do what they are told without hesitation.
They understand how to work together

In addition, most likely they will get a huge amount of help from many others if a real war with the cartels goes full on hot.

My guess is the cartels will eventually be begging the feds to come in and restore order after it becomes full on open season on anyone that looks remotely like a cartel member / gang member / drug dealer / drug user / illegal Mexican etc.

PSA.

I’m a Mormon.

We like family, god and guns. And Freedom above any weak attempt of tyranny over the agency of mankind.

We have a story in ancient times where a prophet and his army begged a warring tribe to lay down arms or else he would fall upon them and their wives and their children.

Bring it.

I'm Mormon,

Wrong group of organized people to mess with! We have our own food storage and plenty of guns to protect that food storage.
Plus messing with these soccer moms! I wish the cartels good luck. Have you ever crossed a Relief Society president? you think two young kids knocking on your door is bad, you have no idea what a group full of jello women can do to you! Enjoy the funeral potatoes cartel peeps

PSA.

I’m a Mormon.

We like family, god and guns. And Freedom above any weak attempt of tyranny over the agency of mankind.

We have a story in ancient times where a prophet and his army begged a warring tribe to lay down arms or else he would fall upon them and their wives and their children.

Bring it.

What the fuck? I thought Mormons were supposed to be morally superior to the rest of us.

Reactions: Bender
The Mormons would smite the Cartels with every ounce of religious conviction they could muster. I would also guess the Mormons would be getting some "outside" help from others that don't like the Cartels.

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of it all.

Lots of folks around the world need to move on or die.

I was born into a Mormon family. I don't claim their religion. Lived in Utah all my life.
@Bender and @waveslayer have it pegged.
We (as a fellow Utah native) have guns a whole fuck ton of them along with ammo.
Shit ton of food.
But one thing they have is a long as memory. They have been persecuted forever. So far as to have a USA governor put a bounty on their heads (was not repealed until 1972, almost 130 years).
They have basically been preparing for war since that day. They trust the federal government 0%.
They teach their history all the time.
Wouldn't take much to turn that against another aggressor.

I was born into a Mormon family. I don't claim their religion. Lived in Utah all my life.
@Bender and @waveslayer have it pegged.
We (as a fellow Utah native) have guns a whole fuck ton of them along with ammo.
Shit ton of food.
But one thing they have is a long as memory. They have been persecuted forever. So far as to have a USA governor put a bounty on their heads (was not repealed until 1972, almost 130 years).
They have basically been preparing for war since that day. They trust the federal government 0%.
They teach their history all the time.
Wouldn't take much to turn that against another aggressor.

My first trainer when I was running cable is Mormon. Dude taught me how to make 2k/week when the average was 900 or so. Some shady math went into how he'd bill a job, bordering unethical IMO, but the motherfucker could run some nice looking cable. No doubt about that.

Always passed inspection, except when he didn't.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Cartels all the way. I'm not buying their Jersey or rooting for them, just saying.

mormons are on the side of mormons. I respect that, but you will never be on that side unless you are a mormon.
You could say that about any religion or group of alike people generally, but that's no cause to denigrate them. It's also just not true. If you think that Mormons only do charity work for Mormons you are ignorant. They act like any other Christian organization.

Yes, my state, the one that brought you the James/Unger Gang as heroes instead of villians, also made it legal to murder all Mormons. In Missouri's defense this law stayed on the books so long because it was never applied in a court to try and excuse a murder, so it simply wasn't ever stricken down till 1976.

I grew up with Mormons and even went to Primary with the kids down the street. Except for the tentacles that come out of their backs I consider them nothing more than Christians with some odd foibles. Paul is pretty clear about what to accept and what to reject in fellow Christians, and I believe that denigrating them is extremely unchristian (also against Frank's rulz).

I'm Mormon,

Wrong group of organized people to mess with! We have our own food storage and plenty of guns to protect that food storage.
Plus messing with these soccer moms! I wish the cartels good luck. Have you ever crossed a Relief Society president? you think two young kids knocking on your door is bad, you have no idea what a group full of jello women can do to you! Enjoy the funeral potatoes cartel peeps
Why did Romney sign a AWB?

Reactions: gigamortis
Yes, generally good upstanding folks, but as a 'religion' still a brainwashed cult which distorts the true gospel. That said I'd prefer them to the cartels.
There was no call for that.

I hold that to be true of ALL religions, not just LDS. Baptists, Pentecostals, Catholics, Quakers, I tried them all as I was learning and growing in my understanding. What I found is that there was one man who lived and spoke the absolute truth. After him came many men who built religions which dilute and distort that truth.

find the truth and you dont need religion.

Ending prohibition is the obvious way to destroy the cartels, but politicians like Romney are effectively lobbying to keep the cartels strong.

It may have been at one time but today theyve branched out into many fields of crime, not just drugs. They are parasites and a blight on humanity.

Reactions: clcustom1911
I used to work with a Mormon "Bishop" (cough cough). BYU wanted him to be a professor in their mechanical engineering department. He said there are too many Mormons in Utah, and that made things too weird. He followed up with, "any time you have too many memebers of the same religion in the same area, things get off putting." Smartest thing he ever said.

Grew up in and around the Mormon Church. one thing i noticed in the video on the top of this thread that the group they are talking about is the FLDS vs LDS . My experience with some of the FLDS is that they are even more extreme than the LDS.

One thing you forget about is how many ex lds that are straight out of scarey would be asked to fight by grandma. I love you grandson and if you do this one thing your kids will live a better life.

Have to say reading this thread I have laughed alot. There are members of all political groups. Some very left leaning.

Im a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as well (preferred name these days vs Mormon or LDS. Yes it is a mouthful, still getting used to it. No official shortened version.)

Ive got a sister that lives in Germany and thinks everything is perfect there. She is left leaning for sure. The rest of us think she's a little off the deep end. Dad, one sister and I took Texas CHL class together. Oldest sister not against guns but doesn't have any.

There are hippy vegan members as well. There are also people that carry in church even though it is on the official no carry list in Utah. Also discouraged in church handbook of instructions unless Leo or required by law. My justification is Alma 43:45-47. Basically boils down to defense only of self, family, land, rights, country, religion.

I was born and raised out of the bubble and these Utah members are weird most of the time. Most need to get out and live among normal people where they are the minority.

So did Reid piss off the Mormons, the democrats , the Chinese or some other group?

image.jpg

Reactions: ArmyJerry
Somewhat interesting, but the "reporting" was focused on sensationalism. The guy first lost me in the video when he said that "Mormons" aren't allowed to own guns... I had to do a double take on that one. Then as I listen a little while longer, I realized that this video generically uses the word "Mormon" and that the group they were focusing on were Fundamentalists, or break off's from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

That's like using the term "Protestant" to refer to Baptists and Methodists. The term may be in common use for that purpose but Baptists and Methodists are not the same thing.

West Texas boy, married a mormon gal and became one. Living in the thick of it now. Was a bit worried meeting her family the first time that they'd think I was a "gun freak" or end of days'er with what I considered a fine collection of guns and ammo. Man was I WRONG. They we're more like "oh, that's a cute little start to a respectable stockpile there." Since then, I've upped my game.
Provide, preside, and Protect. The 3 p's of manhood in the church.
I'm surprised how many folks just flat out shoot here. It's nothing for a couple of buddies to go through 2500 rounds in an afternoon.
No drugs, drinking, smoking, tea, you've gotta spend that money on some addiction, why not piles of guns.

I live in Utah.

I have absolutely no fucking idea how they managed to win a war let alone put their pants on the right way. (except for @Huskydriver , hes apparently ok, and should probably just be Warlord of the Mormons or something)

And while I'm here let me take this time to say Mitt Romney is a milquetoast faggot.

I live in Utah.

I have absolutely no fucking idea how they managed to win a war let alone put their pants on the right way. (except for @Huskydriver , hes apparently ok, and should probably just be Warlord of the Mormons or something)

And while I'm here let me take this time to say Mitt Romney is a milquetoast faggot.

Lol I dunno about the title warlord but my boogaloo boyz and I will have Davis county on lock yo when it goes down. Gotta protect the supply of funeral potatoes, Hawaiian rolls, and fruit jello salad through the northern point of the mountain corridor.

I am still planning on coming down to minister to you @TheGerman next time I come down to see an old platoon buddy in St. George. I am counting on an "almost jeep rollover story" and a bunch of ptsd from you screaming at me for being a muppet while I try to shoot straight.

@DuneBoer I get it. I hope you come out and shoot with me and German one day as you sound like a great guy. Invite is open to anyone else passing through Utah as well. All groups have their bad apples that give others a bad name...I was one. I left hating the church and God/religion in my youth. I said and did things I am not proud of. I can say that through a series of events later in life that I was humbled and found God and He helped me overcome being an alcoholic and helped overcome other things I never thought possible. Most people that knew me then and now would argue that I am a better person today especially in my treatment towards others with God in my life than without. I think that's what life is really all about right? I try to practice what I believe everyday through my actions and my words but fall short often sometimes embarrassingly so. I am not making excuses for what happened at MT meadows. I can agree with you that it was a horrendous event and those men will be held accountable for their actions. I def don't have all the answers but I try to take people one at a time as they come and not as group with a little faith. Sermon over.

Now the video... I haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing yet, but just from the clips I have skimmed over these are def FLDS which are a different religion all together but props for them standing up to one of the most savage and heinous cultures on the earth right now. IMO the only way to win the fight against the cartels/ the Taliban et all( and equally determined enemies coming to a neighborhood near you) is to be equally as decisive...the black flag...no quarter. We do not need to sink to their level of depravity but they should know that unquestionably that there will be no long jail sentence if convicted...straight pass go to the gallows or firing squad.

Thoughts are mutual on Romney.