• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new ACR style for civilians.

Re: The new ACR style for civilians.

Don't know, but I have to agree that it is pretty sweet looking.

Its the same rifle. The only difference is the barrel being 1/7 and the for arm. If you are LE or Military you can order the parts from remington defense and it will fit the bushmaster. Also they are now the same company as well so when you call Bushmaster the Remington CS is sitting right next each other. Have to send mine back cause there is some shimes that came loose in the upper that have to be refitted. Later will get the forearm and new barrel with 1/7 instead of the 1/9 it currently comes with. Just waiting on the Civilian model of the 308 platform to out and check out some reviews and pick if I want another ACR or go with the LMT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HAVOC615</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its the same rifle. The only difference is the barrel being 1/7 and the for arm. If you are LE or Military you can order the parts from remington defense and it will fit the bushmaster. Also they are now the same company as well so when you call Bushmaster the Remington CS is sitting right next each other. Have to send mine back cause there is some shimes that came loose in the upper that have to be refitted. Later will get the forearm and new barrel with 1/7 instead of the 1/9 it currently comes with. Just waiting on the Civilian model of the 308 platform to out and check out some reviews and pick if I want another ACR or go with the LMT. </div></div>

Sounds sweet. So are they for sure coming out with a BR ACR?

Are you sure you want a rifle put together by Remington AND Bushmaster? Think there's better places to spend money on kits with just as much sex appeal. Personal opinion....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scouter19D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure you want a rifle put together by Remington AND Bushmaster? Think there's better places to spend money on kits with just as much sex appeal. Personal opinion.... </div></div>

I hear people bash Bushmaster all the time, but I have had a couple of their AR's for years, fired several thousand rounds through them, without a single problem. My buddy has several, including SBR and select-fire models, and all have run flawlessly. Where are all the problem guns, because no one I know(a pretty small group, I admit) has had anything but spectacular success with their guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scouter19D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure you want a rifle put together by Remington AND Bushmaster? Think there's better places to spend money on kits with just as much sex appeal. Personal opinion.... </div></div>

I hear people bash Bushmaster all the time, but I have had a couple of their AR's for years, fired several thousand rounds through them, without a single problem. My buddy has several, including SBR and select-fire models, and all have run flawlessly. Where are all the problem guns, because no one I know(a pretty small group, I admit) has had anything but spectacular success with their guns. </div></div>

Ya I'm right there with you on that. I mean every company has problems with something but I have used my friends ACR several times and never had a problem with it. Granted I don't shoot it a lot. $$$$$...
frown.gif
need more for amo. But I would love to try out some 6.8 spc(over priced imo btw, but it is a newer round so...) just to see how accurate it is. But I would absolutely love to have the 308 BR version.

Does anyone know if it is still coming out or not...The 308 BR ACR that is?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jolly roger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scouter19D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure you want a rifle put together by Remington AND Bushmaster? Think there's better places to spend money on kits with just as much sex appeal. Personal opinion.... </div></div>

I hear people bash Bushmaster all the time, but I have had a couple of their AR's for years, fired several thousand rounds through them, without a single problem. My buddy has several, including SBR and select-fire models, and all have run flawlessly. Where are all the problem guns, because no one I know(a pretty small group, I admit) has had anything but spectacular success with their guns. </div></div>

Yeah aside from the canted sight posts and 1/9 twist the Bushmasters have been great guns.

I never understood why people and companies still put 9 twist barrels in anything 223. The rifle was a great concept, but the 9 twist is what killed it for a lot of people.

Not a fan of bushmaster, DPMS, if i could only find the thread where guy sent his AR to DPMS and they absolutely butchered the feed ramps and chamber. Frankly i'd never seen anything like it. It's not that their that bad but i would much rather prefer my BCM if my life depended on it. Also for the price of the ACR well you know where thats going. Remington is still doing ok despite all 3 being Cerberus owned, but i guess thats because they haven't changed anything with their bolt actions other than the addition of horribly cheap stocks.

I'll stick with BCM, the ACR would've been great had it stayed with magpul and kept at the promised price. Also the weight of the ACR is what somewhere shy of 9lbs fully loaded?

All that being said yes it does look good haha.

When I did a stint at DynoCorp they Issued us full Auto Bushmasters, never had one issue. In fact I had more faith in it than the Kalashnikovs we had. However, I worked at a dept that was issued the Bushmaster Carbon Ar-15s and they were junk. They fell apart in our hands and all where replaced with S&W ARs.

I really like the concept of the ACR, but the things that I do not like about them is they used too much polymer. I like having good quality parts when it comes to the selector, bolt release, mag release. I also do not like how the grip can not be changed out. The ACRs that I have handled have had so much slop between everything that they rattled like crazy.

The only draw I had to the ACR was the quick barrel change. But I am not going to sacrifice reliability, accuracy, and durability for quick barrel change gimmick. So I went with the LMT MRP instead. The MRP is a lot slower for barrel changes but in all reality no one needs quick barrel changes that takes a few seconds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I did a stint at DynoCorp they Issued us full Auto Bushmasters, never had one issue. In fact I had more faith in it than the Kalashnikovs we had. However, I worked at a dept that was issued the Bushmaster Carbon Ar-15s and they were junk. They fell apart in our hands and all where replaced with S&W ARs.

I really like the concept of the ACR, but the things that I do not like about them is they used too much polymer. I like having good quality parts when it comes to the selector, bolt release, mag release. I also do not like how the grip can not be changed out. The ACRs that I have handled have had so much slop between everything that they rattled like crazy.

The only draw I had to the ACR was the quick barrel change. But I am not going to sacrifice reliability, accuracy, and durability for quick barrel change gimmick. So I went with the LMT MRP instead. The MRP is a lot slower for barrel changes but in all reality no one needs quick barrel changes that takes a few seconds. </div></div>

when it was the masada it was awesome...then remington and bushmaster spit in travis haley, and magpuls face and turned it into the giant steaming piece of shit known as the ACR...

i always wonder what the rifle could have accomplished if they would have stayed with the original formula

other than the ACR i am going to leave bushmaster/remington alone..cause i do have a ar from them with over 30,000 rounds through it and the only thing i ever changed was the barrel at 25,000 rounds

"when it was the masada it was awesome...then remington and bushmaster spit in travis haley, and magpuls face and turned it into the giant steaming piece of shit known as the ACR..."

I'm not trying to single you out, but this is an inaccurate statement.

The story of the Masada/ACR has been twisted beyond recognition. You could almost believe the opposite of the rumor you hear and be closer to the truth. There's a handful of people who know the truth and so far I have not seen it posted anywhere on the net nor do I plan to put it on the net anytime soon. To be fair, some stuff coming from a Bushmaster rep at SHOT was completely false as well.

Justin

I hear people bash Bushmaster all the time, but I have had a couple of their AR's for years, fired several thousand rounds through them, without a single problem. My buddy has several, including SBR and select-fire models, and all have run flawlessly. Where are all the problem guns, because no one I know(a pretty small group, I admit) has had anything but spectacular success with their guns.</div></div>

Because other companies have decided to adhere to a higher build standard. Bad or non-existent staking, poor build quality, the list goes on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"when it was the masada it was awesome...then remington and bushmaster spit in travis haley, and magpuls face and turned it into the giant steaming piece of shit known as the ACR..."

I'm not trying to single you out, but this is an inaccurate statement.

The story of the Masada/ACR has been twisted beyond recognition. You could almost believe the opposite of the rumor you hear and be closer to the truth. There's a handful of people who know the truth and so far I have not seen it posted anywhere on the net nor do I plan to put it on the net anytime soon. To be fair, some stuff coming from a Bushmaster rep at SHOT was completely false as well.

Justin </div></div>
then make it accurate..what happened?

Yeah nothing against "Big green", as I grew up on their (older) products. They've produced the most recognizable bolt gun ever, and though it's had some bad publicity, the darn thing works. I've just never been sold on Bushmaster. Shot my fair share of AR platforms over the years, and they would not have been on my short list. Or my long list. Or any list. Just to many other avenues to go down, especially when you start talking higher price points. Perhaps without the same look, but I'll sacrifice that for longevity, reliability, and accuracy any day of the week and twice on sunday. Again, to each his own. Plenty of happy customers from every company known to man. The only thing that changes are the percentages. ;-)