• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

The Mk22 ASR kit comes with the following barrels (which are all available now on the Barrett website):
  • .338 Norma Mag, 27" Stainless Steel, with 1:9.4 twist
  • .300 Norma Mag, 26" Stainless Steel, with 1:8 twist
  • .308, 20" Stainless Steel, with 1:8 twist

The MK22 barrels are heavier, fluted, and have the muzzle brake for the AML 338 suppressor.

Reactions: 308Nomad
Thanks! Is that the exact color or just something similar? Looks lighter on cerakote site for some reason.

Probably just lighting making it look slightly different. Combined with different filters and after effects but they advertise it as coyote tan mate

I've heard from multiple professionals that it's Cerakote E-170. Barrett ultimately did my new barrel though so I'm not certain.

Has anyone switched the Trigger to a Timney Single Stage and what is the lowest and safest possibe weight ?
I maybe could get a good Price on a used MRAD, but if i go that route, i will need a new Trigger
I´m used to shoot Tiggers in my Rifles around 4-5 Ounces, i´ve read that someone set the Timney to around 14 Ounces, which would be okay for me.
Is that the lowest Setting or is it possible to go even lower in Pull Weight ?
And, who does it compare to let´s say a Bix´n Andy, Jewell, Faré or something the like ?

Has anyone switched the Trigger to a Timney Single Stage and what is the lowest and safest possibe weight ?
I maybe could get a good Price on a used MRAD, but if i go that route, i will need a new Trigger
I´m used to shoot Tiggers in my Rifles around 4-5 Ounces, i´ve read that someone set the Timney to around 14 Ounces, which would be okay for me.
Is that the lowest Setting or is it possible to go even lower in Pull Weight ?
And, who does it compare to let´s say a Bix´n Andy, Jewell, Faré or something the like ?
4-5 oz (0.25 lb)? That seems incredibly unsafe. Maybe I am out of the loop, but I always thought the bare minimum weight is 1.5-2lbs on any rifle.

Last edited:
I´ve never had a problem or discharge, since i do not shoot anything dynamic, just Target shooting from the Bench or Prone.
1.5 or more lbs feels like moving a Mountain with my Finger. If a rifle has a Trigger that can´t be changed to a lighter weight one or set below 1.5 lbs, i´m out.
Maybe on a Big Magnum Cartridge i can see myself using a 10 oz Trigger, but anything smaller, i use 4-5 oz Triggers.
On my 6.5 Creed i´m right now around 5 oz, which feels heavy for me.

Edit: Maybe i should point out, that i would use the Mrad for (E)LR only, and nothing else. In other circumstances i would agree, that 4-5 oz are unsafe.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheOE800
RESULTS:

Barrett MRAD (newest generation manufactured in 2023) chambered in 300 Norma Mag with a Bartlein 1:8 twist barrel spun up by Southern Precision Rifles aka Bugholes.

Factory Norma 230 grain hybrid ammo.

18 rounds fired in total at 100 meters.

Three, 5-shot groups measuring in at an average of .327 MOA.

The last group fired was a 3-round, .07 MOA group seen attached.

Very, very happy with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_3480.jpeg
    IMG_3480.jpeg
    610.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3548.jpeg
    IMG_3548.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image_cropper_1A8BAC88-C8F4-4E86-92A9-AB84B9CD6337-12994-0000024449C3C877.jpeg
    image_cropper_1A8BAC88-C8F4-4E86-92A9-AB84B9CD6337-12994-0000024449C3C877.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 56
RESULTS:

Barrett MRAD (newest generation manufactured in 2023) chambered in 300 Norma Mag with a Bartlein 1:8 twist barrel spun up by Southern Precision Rifles aka Bugholes.

Factory Norma 230 grain hybrid ammo.

18 rounds fired in total at 100 meters.

Three, 5-shot groups measuring in at an average of .327 MOA.

The last group fired was a 3-round, .07 MOA group seen attached.

Very, very happy with the results.
Congrats! Gotta love Bugholes!!! Their barrel making skills rock. I've told this story before but when I did training with Chase Stroud he kept asking... "now who did this barrel for you?" He was super impressed with the accuracy.