• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new trend started this week,

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    So a new trend has started on SH,

Guys are purchasing the "$20 Donation" and then once they figure out it is not a shortcut to the PX, they are asking for refunds

I know everyone is trying to game the system and figure out how to use the PX without paying all the upgrade amount, but give me a break.

The PX is seriously getting out of hand, and guys are force me to make it a paid service, and by that I mean 100% paid

The cost was raised to reduce some traffic, so now everyone is trying to find a way around it.

If someone sees a social post instructing people how to game the PX on another platform, post it, so I can ban the explainers

The level of stupid is amazing.
    Not really. What you are seeing is what is happening all over this country,... it's called gaming the system. This country is full of those types, so why would here be any different? The only thing they mostly understand is a fat lip, or worst. It's in every part/place of this country now.

Wait,

I got an email back after I refunded the payment that it was my fault for having a poorly written upgrade...

Okay I don't see how you can confuse the two, I but I changed it to be more clear upfront after I banned the douchebag

Most, if not all of this stuff is certainly my fault, which is why I had to refund multiple people trying the same thing.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Asking for a refund for a Donation that is clearly listed as: "Sniper's Hide Site Support Donation" when you find out it's not a back door way to scam the site out of the normal payment required, pretty much means they are scum and probably past redemption.

Wait,

I got an email back after I refunded the payment that it was my fault for having a poorly written upgrade...

Okay I don't see how you can confuse the two, I but I changed it to be more clear upfront after I banned the douchebag

Most, if not all of this stuff is certainly my fault, which is why I had to refund multiple people trying the same thing.
    I vote you "Refund" them with you right foot,...

I banned this guy for sure

I think I banned another, everyone said it was a mistake.

Sorry like noted everyone is gaming the system and that is exactly what is being tried here.

I'm assuming putting your hand over the collection basket and reminding them that there is no taking back donations would result in even more stupid whining?

Reactions: 1J04

Guys are purchasing the "$20 Donation" and then once they figure out it is not a shortcut to the PX, they are asking for refunds

I know everyone is trying to game the system and figure out how to use the PX without paying all the upgrade amount, but give me a break.

The PX is seriously getting out of hand, and guys are force me to make it a paid service, and by that I mean 100% paid

The cost was raised to reduce some traffic, so now everyone is trying to find a way around it.

If someone sees a social post instructing people how to game the PX on another platform, post it, so I can ban the explainers

WOW!!! …..WTF!!!

Are these the same people who had been hitting the "Report" button recently??

Honestly I may have to explore a way to go straight up Gunbroker type PX with built-in automation that charges people a percentage of a post

Maybe I can get one of these sugar daddies people like to use to bankroll my new venture. Sniper's Hide Gun Sales, have built-in fees and shit because I am getting a bit tired of being taken advantage of

That is seriously messed up, but not surprising. Freeloaders and entitlement mentality is ruining a lot of great things in this country.

What does Gunbroker charge to sell, 10%? eBay is 10%, if you can even list it since they are hardcore anti-gun.

Honestly I may have to explore a way to go straight up Gunbroker type PX with built-in automation that charges people a percentage of a post

Maybe I can get one of these sugar daddies people like to use to bankroll my new venture. Sniper's Hide Gun Sales, have built-in fees and shit because I am getting a bit tired of being taken advantage of
    As much shit as that place as caused over the years, I'm surprised it's still in it's original conception.

Some people's children...

1579022710833.png

Disappointing to say the least. Those people will ALWAYS be part of the problem, and NEVER part of the solution.

Sad that this is not the only place this sort of thing "trending".

There's the door, don't let it hit you in the ass on your way out. Or do, we don't care. GTFO.

Can I get a refund, if I ask nicely?

Sure,

Go hit the Upgrade, scroll to the Site Support Donation and pay the $20, after you are finished, come back here and ask for a refund, and I will knock it out of the park.

But there is not refund before the fact

Sure,

Go hit the Upgrade, scroll to the Site Support Donation and pay the $20, after you are finished, come back here and ask for a refund, and I will knock it out of the park.

But there is not refund before the fact
    What I have to pay up front before the refund? That's just plain UN-American theses days!

What kind of A-holes asks for donation back! that should be an auto ban hammer! You should add in a smaller donation size...I slide in a 5$ donation under the wifes radar much easier. A $20 purchase always comes with an explaination lol

Reactions: deersniper
    Percentages are harder to deal with,

Pay Pal just has a single click refund which is the easiest route

I had a guy demand a refund this week because of the Online Training, he signed up, said he didn't use it, and cancelled it, but was still being charged. I refund him and find he never canceled it and it was still active which is why he was charged.

I refund then boot for being stupid and wasting my time

Not really. What you are seeing is what is happening all over this country,... it's called gaming the system. This country is full of those types, so why would here be any different? The only thing they mostly understand is a fat lip, or worst. It's in every part/place of this country now.
    I agree, but it is still stupid.

The
    @cost was raised to reduce some traffic, so now everyone is trying to find a way around it.

@lowlight, fuck them all. Free isn't a thing. If they want to peddle their goods, let them use another site to.

I honestly figured that if they can't comprehend the concept of 'donation' then they'd be just as clueless with the definition of 're-stocking', and it IS in your best interest.

Actually, it would be in ALL of our interest.

I might suggest a flat upfront cost to post in the PX. No percentages, too hard to track final sell price unless you are processing the CC.

Jus a flat xx.xx for the original listing.

I bet its those damned jersey shooters trying to post up their prize table stuff. Losers.

Serious dude, you are the last person to be in here stirring the pot

I am in a crappy mood this AM and more than once you name has been under my mouse to be removed

We don't see eye to eye, I am not one of the ARS Clan with you, we don't hang out together so just leave it alone

@lowlight

I have never used the PX to either buy or sell. Whatever needs doing, needs doing...it's your house.

I do have a question though, is it possible to exclude the PX posts from the "New Posts" when that button is selected?

It would make it easier to peruse the new conversations without 5 pages of buying and selling. Another site did this recently and it makes it much more convenient. Don't know if that would even be worth your time, but thought I'd ask.

Does it only allow you to do it once ?
    I may have a bad setting or something I will have to look at the details

Yes, when you pay it, the button to do it again is no longer there:

account upgrade 1.JPG

Maybe change that part where it says $20.00 for 3 days to $20 non-refundable contribution?

But if it can be edited so that you get the option to do it again, that would be great.

Maybe even an extra banner on your profile picture so people see it, wonder what it is, and go looking to get it too?

Don't refund them shit. It's their fault they can't read. I blame all of this gaming on the PRS.

Does it only allow you to do it once ?

I may have a bad setting or something I will have to look at the details
    Reading this thread made me finally donate to the site that I waste some much time on and learn and share so much.

So, I went right back and the donate option is definitely not there anymore. There is a record that I donated that also says it will expire on 01/17/2020. So maybe it will allow me to donate again after Friday, if I want.