• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new trend started this week,

So a new trend has started on SH,

Guys are purchasing the "$20 Donation" and then once they figure out it is not a shortcut to the PX, they are asking for refunds

I know everyone is trying to game the system and figure out how to use the PX without paying all the upgrade amount, but give me a break.

The PX is seriously getting out of hand, and guys are force me to make it a paid service, and by that I mean 100% paid

The cost was raised to reduce some traffic, so now everyone is trying to find a way around it.

If someone sees a social post instructing people how to game the PX on another platform, post it, so I can ban the explainers

WHAT A BUNCH OF FUCKTARDS....People don't know a good thing even when it is staring them in the face

It should allow you to do it after 3 days now

Not sure if it fixes those prior to today, but I adjusted it just now

If it help any... As of this very moment:

1579024079741.png

Reactions: Tucker301
Serious dude, you are the last person to be in here stirring the pot

I am in a crappy mood this AM and more than once you name has been under my mouse to be removed

We don't see eye to eye, I am not one of the ARS Clan with you, we don't hang out together so just leave it alone

It was a joke Frank.

Even though we don't agree on some things, I've always remained civil on your site. Not sure why I'd be under your mouse for removal other than you think I've done something to you personally, which I can't think of anything.

It was a joke Frank.

Even though we don't agree on some things, I've always remained civil on your site. Not sure why I'd be under your mouse for removal other than you think I've done something to you personally, which I can't think of anything.

I get it was a joke,

like I said, leave it alone, and I can think of a few things personally, we can talk about that on another day

I donated, upgraded just because sometime in 2018, and have been paying online training for who knows how long.

These were all “by accident”. I’m sure if you asked I probably own ocean front property in Kansas. Can I get a refund now. ?

I refund immediately where warranted and if you ask me for one, regardless if it is a donation, I apply it in seconds
So people that donated in the donation thread are asking for refunds? Wow, fuckin douchebags! They need to be booted!

Reactions: deersniper
Integrity, reading and comprehending English are lost arts. My wife and I got burned over the holidays with a sale we made on E-bay of some vintage stereo equipment. Everything spelled out but the buyer lied his hind-parts off and he got his money back. Luckily, we got the equipment back. I hope the change works. A donation is a donation dammit!!!

The level of patience you have is beyond astonishing.

This is like me putting $20 in the Salvation Army bucket then standing there expecting the bell Santa to give me a present, and when he doesn't I punch him in the face and run away with the bucket.

Um... the guy who started the thing was very clear it was a donation, and it was to raise some cash to help with the upkeep of the site.

Honestly I may have to explore a way to go straight up Gunbroker type PX with built-in automation that charges people a percentage of a post

Maybe I can get one of these sugar daddies people like to use to bankroll my new venture. Sniper's Hide Gun Sales, have built-in fees and shit because I am getting a bit tired of being taken advantage of
Nooooooo then we will get sales taxed to death.

It should allow you to do it after 3 days now

Not sure if it fixes those prior to today, but I adjusted it just now

I donated around a month or so ago and it does show I can donate again. It was, up until recently, "never expires". It appears to be working for those of us who have donated in the past. Well, for me it's working.

Hell, I must've been living under a rock; I didn't even know there was a "Donate" link. Just did, so we'll see if/when it resets...

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Frank... this is your house and your rules. From everything I've seen you post, you are certainly fair. I see things as we are guests. We either follow your rules or go somewhere else. Obviously this is a business for you but headaches should be minimal. Do what's best for you. Those of us that like it here or are true supports will stay. Those that don't will go away and take their pain in the ass stuff with them.

Thanks for givimg us a good place to hang out...

I’ve said it before you have to be real careful about charging for the PX transactions. In some states, that could make you liable if the deal goes south in some way and product wasn’t as advertised or never received. I think the best way is come up with a pricing plan for listing. 7 day listing, 15 day listing and 30 days. Once they expire they get purged and the seller can re up his listing for a new fee.

now what this would probably drive is fewer listings but people would slide into threads that are talking about a product they have and say ”oh I have a pre 2014 AI I’ll sell, send me a PM” basically driving a black market PX. Easy peasy though, get reported and get banned.
just a thought, I for one would love to see the PX purged monthly anyway. Also, you should be explicit that the small fee can’t be passed on to the buyer, this is the cost of listing on SH.

Reactions: cmoore806
Also, you should be explicit that the small fee can’t be passed on to the buyer, this is the cost of listing on SH.

That's kind of a stupid argument, of course any fees will be passed on to the buyer in the end. The more fees you have to pay, the more you take that into account when pricing the item & or doing any negotiation.

What you are simply saying is please hide the fees that the buyer is paying so that they don't realize they are paying the fees.

Much like some countries you see the sales tax as a line item added to the end of your invoice / receipt.
Other countries the tax is rolled into the price.

Well it is quite clear there seems to be some dumb motherfuckers that cant read. Access to the marketplace imo is quite clearly written. I really cant see where they are getting it wrong. Eh maybe they suck at life, or are scammers.

I believe, if the fee to view the section, not post an item for sale this would counter the imply bullshit

The only reason I have not done to this point is that very fact, people will assume I am responsible for the transaction from start to finish, but if I make the entire PX Section "read only" or something close, it might push back

Like the fees now, you are buying 101 posts, not access to the PX, that comes as benefit, you can use it if you want.

The best way to do it hide the pX but then the ads won't get seen,

My thoughts is making the fee to add an "Post' button or to unlock the write capability

I believe, if the fee to view the section, not post an item for sale this would counter the imply bullshit

The only reason I have not done to this point is that very fact, people will assume I am responsible for the transaction from start to finish, but if I make the entire PX Section "read only" or something close, it might push back

Like the fees now, you are buying 101 posts, not access to the PX, that comes as benefit, you can use it if you want.

The best way to do it hide the pX but then the ads won't get seen,

My thoughts is making the fee to add an "Post' button or to unlock the write capability
Commercial supporters exempt Since they already pay a fee?

Ya, the commercial section is not the issue,

I have the Buy 101 Posts, and if you need 100 posts to use the PX that works

I can also say, unlock the section, but again if you can't see it or access it without the views, the sales will die.

Best idea I have, Buy a Post Button

You can view, and reply, but to post you need a button, I can probably make that a paid service because it does not imply I am regulating sales.

I mean if the airline can force me to pay baggage fees but not guarantee my bags will arrive or even limit liability, then maybe i can find a similar loophole,

but who am I kidding, I don't pay baggage fees, I fly up front next to @TacticalDillhole so my bags are with his, I just have to pay more for my seat, and bad food.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Ya, the commercial section is not the issue,

I have the Buy 101 Posts, and if you need 100 posts to use the PX that works

I can also say, unlock the section, but again if you can't see it or access it without the views, the sales will die.

Best idea I have, Buy a Post Button

You can view, and reply, but to post you need a button, I can probably make that a paid service because it does not imply I am regulating sales.

I mean if the airline can force me to pay baggage fees but not guarantee my bags will arrive or even limit liability, then maybe i can find a similar loophole,

but who am I kidding, I don't pay baggage fees, I fly up front next to @TacticalDillhole so my bags are with his, I just have to pay more for my seat, and bad food.
Our food isn’t half bad. You should give us a try. Problem is we don’t go anywhere you want o go out of Denver.

How about this @lowlight, a pay to create a listing. Free to view and reply. No bumping. Listing expires after 30 days and is purged. If you sell before that you must delete the listing or as an alternative come up with an easy way to show the item is no longer available. I’m talking small fee here like a dollar or 5 dollars. Or I guess make it like the online training, if you want to buy and sell pay a monthly fee. That way if you don’t participate you don’t have to see it at all.

but my main requests stand. No bumping and purge it more often.

The reality is, I don't even want to think about that section

purging more will probably happen, and i may look to limit images in that area too

Adding a paywall to the PX would require a custom solution to do it right, and I don't have time to chase that down right now

How about simply a no refunds rule unless special circumstances such as someone in boomer mode who accidentally adds an extra zero to their donation?

That would cut down on a lot of the frequent and endless bumping.

1. Pay annually to get a "post button" may be better than price per add. I do buy some $15-25 dollar stuff on occasion that I "need"....especially once I see it! A lot of that will dry up if its $10 an add...

2. The entire advertisement/thread deletes after 30 days.

3. $1 every time you bump it. Price your stuff competitively, it will sell...

Does the donation come with the free cell phone?? Asking for a friend!