• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The new trend started this week,

Understand,

While they are using the donation option, they are doing so only to sidetrack the 101 post-upgrade. They see the two choices and hope if they pick the lesser of the two, they still get access. They are not "donating" as much as trying to save $30 to post in the PX.

Px is kind of a double edges sword for this site. It probably contributes considerably to the growth of the sight, however those who join just because they want to buy something they saw on here are probably not the membership that "really grows" the site?
I've purchased 2 items and sold 1 (to fund one of the purchases).
I was under 100 posts when a chassis I really wanted came up for sale, so I payed to buy the 101 posts. The information to do so was clear and consice.
What surprized me was when I listed my add several inquiries & offers came from poeple who had like 1 post. I'm assuming they were just watching the PX and when something popped up they wanted, they joined just to respond to the px post.
All my transactions have been with members in good standing, not px snipers. I used the rating system for all items & transactions were flawless.
Personally I have no desire to sell or buy from a px sniper.
My 2 cents would be to consider hiding the px from public view
Maybe even from members till they hitt 50 or 100 posts?
The thread that hooked me on this site was in ELR beyond a 1000 with some great back and fourth with Jim Boatright, Dan Warner, Lowlight etc etc. what a fantastic thread; got me thinking and reignited my pasion for shooting. It's cost me a lot a money, but hey I'm blessed to be able to persue this hobby.

Thanks for the fantastic platform
That makes a thread like the one I mentioned possible.

So a new trend has started on SH,

Guys are purchasing the "$20 Donation" and then once they figure out it is not a shortcut to the PX, they are asking for refunds

I know everyone is trying to game the system and figure out how to use the PX without paying all the upgrade amount, but give me a break.

The PX is seriously getting out of hand, and guys are force me to make it a paid service, and by that I mean 100% paid

The cost was raised to reduce some traffic, so now everyone is trying to find a way around it.

If someone sees a social post instructing people how to game the PX on another platform, post it, so I can ban the explainers
Keep their $20 and laugh all the way to the bank. The PX has been a big help to me several times over the years but I can only imagine the headaches it must cause you and the mods. The guys asking for refunds mustn't have read the original post in the great deal thread. It was all about doing you a solid for continuing to suffer the headaches of the PX.

Reactions: Doc68
I should probably apoligize for the terrible grammer in my last post. I can't even see what I'm typing on this old iphone se that hasen't been ipdated for well ever.

Keep their $20 and laugh all the way to the bank. The PX has been a big help to me several times over the years but I can only imagine the headaches it must cause you and the mods. The guys asking for refunds mustn't have read the original post in the great deal thread. It was all about doing you a solid for continuing to suffer the headaches of the PX.

This. Shouldnt it come under 'Caveat Emptor'?

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
I would add the following disclaimer, "Anyone seeking a refund of their 'donation,' will instead have said funds donated in their name to the Elizabeth Warren for President Campaign."

Let's see how many refund requests you get.

I would add the following disclaimer, "Anyone seeking a refund of their 'donation,' will instead have said funds donated in their name to the Elizabeth Warren for President Campaign."

Let's see how many refund requests you get.

Given the influx of soy we've been seeing dripping into the Hide as of late, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we got plenty of Warren supporting Leftists here who would gladly donate to her.

I came here for the px, as i am usually looking for something. That being said, i am always in the bear pit, mostly for political climate, but enjoy a few other sections here.

This place is a wealth of knowledge, i have learned several things from here, but what will bring people in is buying/selling. If its cost prohibitive or difficult, this forum will suffer.

if facebook allowed gun sales and such, all forums like this would die. I BBC would say if its too much to be worth it, dedicate a moderator or two to it to take off the stress.

take my opion with a grain of salt.

so does the bar ever go away showing u bought ur 100 post? i joined in 2013, bought the post count, figured it helped the sight financially, but have way exceeded the post count required. I wouldn't have a problem donating or paying to post something for sale, even though i have never sold anything here, but have spent well over $20,000-$30,000 just in the last 3 years counting products from vendors. Shit, maybe i do need to sell something :)

regarding non-contributing members in the PX, can access be additionally be tied to the reaction score?

No the Hessian Bar does not go away

I can tie the PX to reaction score I believe I know I am limit things several ways, the issue is, how much effort do I want to put in and then to manage all the crying for those on here now who might not be able to use the PX later

When people lose a privilege things get ugly fast

Ya, the commercial section is not the issue,

I have the Buy 101 Posts, and if you need 100 posts to use the PX that works

I can also say, unlock the section, but again if you can't see it or access it without the views, the sales will die.

Best idea I have, Buy a Post Button

You can view, and reply, but to post you need a button, I can probably make that a paid service because it does not imply I am regulating sales.

I mean if the airline can force me to pay baggage fees but not guarantee my bags will arrive or even limit liability, then maybe i can find a similar loophole,

but who am I kidding, I don't pay baggage fees, I fly up front next to @TacticalDillhole so my bags are with his, I just have to pay more for my seat, and bad food.
Maybe bump up the post count to access the PX? It really isn't that hard to hit 100 even with "real" posts. It would have the added benefit of making it easier to spot the turds trying to game the system

Three(?) references from known members? User would need to connect with the community and then ask for references. Once given and the other minimum posts and minimum time on site are met, they can post in the PX. Once you're allowed access and you're here for X time and have X number of posts, you become a "known" member and can then give a reference. Not perfect but should slow them down and reveal those working together or that have multiple user accounts.

If they are here for the PX only do you really need or want them, as others have stated there are some new members that need to grow some nuts or get the hell out. There is no one that has taken the shit that Maser has and if he ain’t crying everyone else needs to stfu. As far as the donations I would keep them but it is your house

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Thanks for the reminder that I needed to contribute to the donation fund. I've easily acquired $20 knowledge and seriously I've more than gotten my money back from the forum in the short time I've been on. Thanks @lowlight!!!

If they are here for the PX only do you really need or want them, as others have stated there are some new members that need to grow some nuts or get the hell out. There is no one that has taken the shit that Maser has and if he ain’t crying everyone else needs to stfu. As far as the donations I would keep them but it is your house
I don't know, that guy in the sniper suit that asked for opinions got hit pretty hard :)

Reactions: eca7891
Can I get a refund on my Sniper’s Hide legal fund donation from when that dick bag from Florida sued ?

IM KIDDING!!! I still have my patch btw

When people lose a privilege things get ugly fast

Key word there is PRIVILEGE... just like any of them, abuse it and it's gone.

My suggestion is make the PX a pay-to-enter area... but ultimately make it whatever is easiest for you and every one of us will have to deal with it...

Didn't you have the Thanos glove with all those shiny stones? Snap them fingers...

As others have mentioned, it is a privilege to have the classifieds on the Hide, the fact they have been free has been a bonus but I think most genuine Hide Members would not mind paying for "membership". I can only imagine the difficulty maintaining the Hide and the onslaught of newbies as well as moderating fake accounts and attempts by the Left (I mean hackers) to ruin this site.

If you do go to a pay system, might I recommend using something like what Fred Miranda does for his site on Photography, I have used his site for years and will often pay for a month or two membership just to sell some gear, it's far better than paying the egregious fees that extortionbay is charging now.

My only question would be, is there some law that requires tax to be collected if you charge a fee like eBay has started doing, that would truly suck if we are charged tax for selling items that have already had tax charged on them.

1579055602827.png

If they are selling good stuff cheap they are worth having around lol

Some non internet well off people come on here and dump expensive stuff

Just donated. And definitely will not want a refund. I must admit I’m a big lurker, registered in 13. But have been using this site a lot longer.

I haven't looked at it, but can a small change drive away the idiots?

Something like changing the donation from something like this:

- Make a donation of $20

to

- Make a donation of $20 (does not include PX access)

If you still make a $20 donation and assume you get PX access, you're a fucking muppet.

• Haha
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
What would be the down side to just hiding the px from public view? I think just that would help a lot.
Rational:
  • Keep poeple from joining just for px purchases. If I put an add on here, it's cause I want to sell to a snipers hide member.
  • If all this Red flag BS continues to be passed, do you really want all your fire arm related transactions available for public viewing?
  • How many of you know that dispite the fake names on here, when you post a picture on the px (if you dont have your settings right on your phone) anyone can pull up the exact location of your house on google earth, where the pic was taken/item is located. "Let that sink in" Hint:ROFLMAO:
  • Better exposure to comercial trade partners. Their adds, specials etc is all that would be seen by non members.
  • I cant really imagine youd get much whining from members for this. The non member px snipers; who the fuck are they going to whine to?
I do think you'd have to couple the above with a minimum post count to view px. That way if the px snipers join just so they can continue status quo viewing they will be foiled. If they then have the fucking nerve to complain, instant ban hammer!

What would be the down side to just hiding the px from public view? I think just that would help a lot.
Rational:
  • Keep poeple from joining just for px purchases. If I put an add on here, it's cause I want to sell to a snipers hide member.
  • If all this Red flag BS continues to be passed, do you really want all your fire arm related transactions available for public viewing?
  • How many of you know that dispite the fake names on here, when you post a picture on the px (if you dont have your settings right on your phone) anyone can pull up the exact location of your house on google earth, where the pic was taken/item is located. "Let that sink in" Hint:ROFLMAO:
  • Better exposure to comercial trade partners. Their adds, specials etc is all that would be seen by non members.
  • I cant really imagine youd get much whining from members for this. The non member px snipers; who the fuck are they going to whine to?
I do think you'd have to couple the above with a minimum post count to view px. That way if the px snipers join just so they can continue status quo viewing they will be foiled. If they then have the fucking nerve to complain, instant ban hammer!

This is not the wrong answer.

?

Px is kind of a double edges sword for this site. It probably contributes considerably to the growth of the sight, however those who join just because they want to buy something they saw on here are probably not the membership that "really grows" the site?
I've purchased 2 items and sold 1 (to fund one of the purchases).
I was under 100 posts when a chassis I really wanted came up for sale, so I payed to buy the 101 posts. The information to do so was clear and consice.
What surprized me was when I listed my add several inquiries & offers came from poeple who had like 1 post. I'm assuming they were just watching the PX and when something popped up they wanted, they joined just to respond to the px post.
All my transactions have been with members in good standing, not px snipers. I used the rating system for all items & transactions were flawless.
Personally I have no desire to sell or buy from a px sniper.
My 2 cents would be to consider hiding the px from public view
Maybe even from members till they hitt 50 or 100 posts?
The thread that hooked me on this site was in ELR beyond a 1000 with some great back and fourth with Jim Boatright, Dan Warner, Lowlight etc etc. what a fantastic thread; got me thinking and reignited my pasion for shooting. It's cost me a lot a money, but hey I'm blessed to be able to persue this hobby.

Thanks for the fantastic platform
That makes a thread like the one I mentioned possible.

I found the site looking for a specific scope for sale somehow bing directed me to an old thread. It was long since gone, but I started looking around and figured I'd try and contribute (well, at least the small amount of experience I have to give).

I'm thought the 100 posts was for selling to keep spammers from creating a pile of threads every day?

I found the site looking for a specific scope for sale somehow bing directed me to an old thread. It was long since gone, but I started looking around and figured I'd try and contribute (well, at least the small amount of experience I have to give).

I'm thought the 100 posts was for selling to keep spammers from creating a pile of threads every day?
@chevy_man
Yes the 100 posts is for selling.
But you can join and PM someone to purchase an item in px before you even introduce yourself. In my view it is a vulnerability for attempted scams
My experience with the first/only add I placed was that I got several inquirys and offers from new members, so new it appeared to me they had just joined and likley for the sole purpose of attempting to buy my item. I checked their post counts and the pm to me about a handgun I was selling was one of their first actions on here. Maybe they were legit, but I'm not comfortable selling a handgun to someone with 1 post. If I wanted public exposure I could have listed it on gunbroaker.
Thankfully I was able to sell it cheap and pretty quick to a fellow hide member, thus enabling me a purchase from another fellow hide member.
I'm still a very new member on here with just over 100 posts. Think I only had like 60 posts and 1 purchase from px at the time so I bought the 101 posts, just like the explicit instructions said.

For all of Scout's failures and shortcomings, the ability to ban members from certain sections was pretty sweet.

I just saw the perfect candidate in another thread.

Enroll on online training and ask questions in the corresponding forum that would get somebody to the post requirement for selling. You learn something and you support the site at the same time.

So a new trend has started on SH,

Guys are purchasing the "$20 Donation" and then once they figure out it is not a shortcut to the PX, they are asking for refunds

I know everyone is trying to game the system and figure out how to use the PX without paying all the upgrade amount, but give me a break.

The PX is seriously getting out of hand, and guys are force me to make it a paid service, and by that I mean 100% paid

The cost was raised to reduce some traffic, so now everyone is trying to find a way around it.

If someone sees a social post instructing people how to game the PX on another platform, post it, so I can ban the explainers

Cant fix stupid .... never hard to find a scumbag anywhere these days

Reactions: MarinePMI
Got my notice that my account subscription/donation expired. Looks like the reset works.