• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The New Vortex Razor 2019

4.5x

15x

27x

Just got my tracking number from Scott. My EBR7-C 4.5-27 should be here tomorrow.

Will the 7c reticle be available in the PST gen2 any time soon or at all?

Mine showed up today too.
I was told you have a video somewhere on the hide showing how the Vortex Gen II Razor is built. I would love to review the video. Can you help me find that video by posting a link to it. Thanks.

I bought 2 EBR7s a week or so ago one to upgrade my Kimber Adv. Tac. from its PST gen1 and switch to MRAD and the other for my new 6.5 PRC rifle that is coming together...... I cant wait to get them in, but it looks they are backordered now, so I get to wait a bit longer :(

I'd get more excited about them keeping all the Gen II improvements and a return to the original Razor HD's max. elevation value than another reticle offering.

I'm still a big fan of the gen 1 simply because of the extra elevation, but without a doubt the open reticle is a PITA. I end up focusing on the tips of the vertical/horizontal crosshairs to keep steady is its frustrating.

But it'd be nice if they did a lighter 35mm tube, with the eye box of gen II in 4-24x with the EBR7. I'd sell my soul for something like that.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
hows everyone liking the new 7c reticle so far? i like the look of it a lot but wondering if the windage hash lines get in the way of spotting misses?

After paying and waiting a month with no idea on when they would be back in stock, I canceled my order and bought S&B PMII's ... maybe next time I am buying glass they will be more readily available.

hows everyone liking the new 7c reticle so far? i like the look of it a lot but wondering if the windage hash lines get in the way of spotting misses?

The more I play with the 7 reticle the more I like it. I had the original 7 in my AMG but the dot is really nice.

The windage marks do not get in the way of spotting misses. You have no problems seeing impacts and making corrections.

The more I play with the 7 reticle the more I like it. I had the original 7 in my AMG but the dot is really nice.

The windage marks do not get in the way of spotting misses. You have no problems seeing impacts and making corrections.
perfect that was my biggest concern, they just seem kind of busy so it was hard to tell how they would look spotting impacts. and I like the dot a lot, looking forward to ordering one soon!

I have never been a fan of the Horus reticles. I do find them a little cluttered compared to the simpler Christmas tree style reticles. Also with the H59 specifically there is no ability to hold under on the reticle which is a needed feature for me.

Reticles are a lot of personal preference so it all comes down to what you like and can work for you.

I have never been a fan of the Horus reticles. I do find them a little cluttered compared to the simpler Christmas tree style reticles. Also with the H59 specifically there is no ability to hold under on the reticle which is a needed feature for me.

Reticles are a lot of personal preference so it all comes down to what you like and can work for you.

Yeah I agree, I just picked one with the H59 up, debated selling but am going to use it. I don’t have a need for hold unders currently but agree with your point. I like the open top half of the reticle, but like you said a lot of it is personal preference.

I took a break from Vortex because I wanted a reticle with .2 marks. I recently bought a new 4.5x27 and personally think they hit a homerun with the 7c. At lower powers where the .2s become kind of hard to see the .5 marks are still easy. I like the center dot for zeroing but that's about it, I hold wind so the dot in reality is hardly ever used in the field.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
The 7c is great..I really like it. It looks way better in person. I to was worried it would be too cluttered, but it isn't at all. The hash marks are easier to pick up running lower magnification also.

The wife and I checked out the Razor with the EBR-7C reticle, the dealer took us outside so we could get a good look in the hills. Neither one of us thought the reticle was cluttered. We liked them and ordered two scopes from Liberty optics, one has already shipped.

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I have been lurking here on the hide for a while learning. I have also been watching Lowlights videos on YouTube with appreciation. I was getting overwhelmed with all the different scopes people seem to have the highest opinions about weighing my options. I decided to take the recommendations in consideration but ultimately decided to pick an optic that fills my check marks of both the optic needs and my personal expenditure preferences.

Things I wanted from my scope without killing the bank to much.
Zero Stop turrets
Locking turrets
Larger turrets for grip
Firm well pronounced clicks on adjustment
Elevation turn indicator
34mm minimum for decent MOA
Short turrets

Personal expenditure preferences.
Made in America
Buy from small business
A manufacturer that has a great warranty
Alaska local sales to keep my money in my community (the only check mark not filled)
Or a company who supports dedicated forums like these.

I was able to fulfill all these marks except one buy purchasing from a forum supporting business (even before I officially joined). Needless to say I am anxiously awaiting my Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27 with the EBR-7c MOA retical.

That deer looks 90yds away, not 990...

Just ordered one from Scott at Liberty the other day. 7C reticle. Couldn’t believe the pricing. Can’t wait to finish up my long range build and throw that puppy on top.

Reactions: wvlapua
I ordered the same from Scott on 04/22. Should ship soon I hope. The price makes it easier for us mere mortals to equip a new rig.

Reactions: wvlapua
I am liking the 7C, I have a couple AMG with the 7B. I'm torn on a new Razor or AMG for the 300 Norma build

I also ordered a scope from Scott on easter weekend. I'm hoping it ships out soon. I can't wait to get it mounted up.

That deer looks 90yds away, not 990...

Just ordered one from Scott at Liberty the other day. 7C reticle. Couldn’t believe the pricing. Can’t wait to finish up my long range build and throw that puppy on top.

Here's a look from the firing line. 1000yd backer is the furthest one out. You can just make out the white deer at 990yds at the bottom of the bank.

First 2 shots are on right .4 mil left wind hold. The next one I reduced the hold to .2 mil and connected with the heart swinger.

Attachments

• IMG_20190502_145149777_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190502_145149777_HDR.jpg
    927 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20190502_153543046_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190502_153543046_HDR.jpg
    882.2 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: TRAC and stilesg57