• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The New Vortex Razor 2019

This is interesting. I’m curious to see timing and if Vortex has anything else new coming out. I may either get in line for an EBR7C or wait for used Gen2 to flood the PX. :unsure:

Reactions: Willie16wild
I’m liking that EBR-7C reticle. I’ll keep my EBR-2c as well though. No sense in selling it

Anyone notice that the MSRP on the ebr7c reticle is only $2899 but the ebr2c stayed at $3399 along with the Horus reticles?

$2499 on the 3-18 with ebr7c too.

Reactions: jda2631
EBR-7c is a winner, .2 wind holds and moved the numbers to the outside of the tree. Now please offer reticle swaps!! (and add more scopes to the AMG line, pretty please)

Reactions: TheMammoth
EBR-7c is a winner, .2 wind holds and moved the numbers to the outside of the tree. Now please offer reticle swaps!! (and add more scopes to the AMG line, pretty please)
There is zero chance they’ll start doing reticle swaps for this. Man, that would be great though.

Admittedly, I've been hoping for them to put something like the EBR 1c in the 3-18x but I'm curious as to why they didn't add the Horus reticles to the 3-18x as well. It would seem like an attractive option for those that want the fov on the low end or to throw it on a gas gun.

I'd also be curious to know why they did not reduce the weight of the Razors like they did on the 1-6x as that seems to be a common complaint and has been for some time.

Admittedly, I've been hoping for them to put something like the EBR 1c in the 3-18x but I'm curious as to why they didn't add the Horus reticles to the 3-18x as well. It would seem like an attractive option for those that want the fov on the low end or to throw it on a gas gun.

I'd also be curious to know why they did not reduce the weight of the Razors like they did on the 1-6x as that seems to be a common complaint and has been for some time.

I’m sure they still have something to release at shot. Bringing msrp down is also and indicator of new things coming.

Common complaint by people who don't use them and use it to talk themselves out of the scope. People that use them don't complain as when mounted you don't feel the extra ounces and they are going on 15+ pound rifles anyways.

Common complaint by people who don't use them and use it to talk themselves out of the scope. People that use them don't complain as when mounted you don't feel the extra ounces and they are going on 15+ pound rifles anyways.

My thoughts as well. The amg fits the lightweight bill. Not sure what feature the gen 2 has the amg doesn’t (minus the rev indicator).

I think the weight is one of the positives about the gen 2. Gets your rifle up to around 19lbs +/- without having to figure out where to add it or buy weight kits

Reactions: Rob01
Funny thing is my match rifle with the Gen II and 27" barrel is only 15.5 pounds LOL

EBR-2C MRAD and MOA will not be an orderable item for 2019 (either in the 18x or 27x) The MRAD are GONE and there is still plenty MOA left. Not saying your dealer couldn't fill backorders but new orders for the MRAD won't be filled, they are switching to the EBR-7C immediately.

New scopes should be arriving in 7-8 weeks.

MAP is dropping $500 for the EBR-7 series and will hold at $2499 for the Horus / Tremor3

Lower MAP on all the Gen II PST

Same MAP/ cost for the AMG

New Fury 5000 LRF binos

That's all for SHOT.....

Time to update the website :geek:

Last edited:

Sure, a portion may be from those that have not owned the Razor but it seems like it is from those that have owned or currently own it.

You're also assuming everyone is wanting them for 15+lb rifles or would be mounting it on 15+lb rifles.

IMO, with the features of the Razor and AMG, I think unless they bring out an AMG in a lower magnification range like a 3-15x or 4-16x that the 3-18x Razor on a diet might make for an attractive option to those that aren't looking for a heavy rifle, want something for a small frame gas gun, or want to hunt with it.

Reactions: jda2631
Sure, a portion may be from those that have not owned the Razor but it seems like it is from those that have owned or currently own it.

You're also assuming everyone is wanting them for 15+lb rifles or would be mounting it on 15+lb rifles.

IMO, with the features of the Razor and AMG, I think unless they bring out an AMG in a lower magnification range like a 3-15x or 4-16x that the 3-18x Razor on a diet might make for an attractive option to those that aren't looking for a heavy rifle, want something for a small frame gas gun, or want to hunt with it.

Only from people who didn't do their homework before buying. If you put it on a hunting rifle you would carry around the hills then you got the wrong scope. The AMG would be the right one.

And assumptions are made all the time here like your assumption there are that many more complaints about the weight then people who are actually fine with them and know they are similar in weight to competition.

We will have to wait and see what comes out.

I hate to hear that the EBR-2C MRAD is going away. It is far and away my favorite reticle with it's open center, but I really like the EBR-7C, too. I agree with @Bandit31 that not everyone wants a heavy rifle. I have an AMG on a hunting rifle, and I love the weight. However, I think the Gen II Razor HD in 4.5-27 is every bit as good of a scope, but it is way too heavy to hunt with. I think part of the reason that the Nightforce Atacr 5-25x56 is gaining ground on the Razor HD Gen II is the weight issue. I would love to see a Jenny Craig version of the Razor HD for the guy that wants one rifle for both hunting and the range.

Only from people who didn't do their homework before buying. If you put it on a hunting rifle you would carry around the hills then you got the wrong scope. The AMG would be the right one.

And assumptions are made all the time here like your assumption there are that many more complaints about the weight then people who are actually fine with them and know they are similar in weight to competition.

We will have to wait and see what comes out.

I have an AMG on a hunting gun, its great. and want a mid range AMG for a different hunting gun bad, I would gladly buy a Razor G2 3-18 for this gun if they could shave the weight down to sub 35 ounces. Really want a 3-18 AMG though....

Edited for correct info. Talked to Scott and the 2C is going away in the Razor. Bowing head in rememberence. Lol I really liked the reticle myself.

As to the weight, again it comes down to picking the right scope for the job. The NF is a good scope but weight I am sure is not the reason as there are other scopes that weigh the same as the NF and the Razor gets chosen over them. Just people trying different and new things as it's the 7-35x that took the lead. It's 39.3 ounces.

Hell yeah! I’m so pumped about this. Just the other day I was thinking how amazing it’d be if the razors came in the ebr-7 reticle. This scope is gonna be my next scope and it’s cheaper too!

I have an AMG on a hunting gun, its great. and want a mid range AMG for a different hunting gun bad, I would gladly buy a Razor G2 3-18 for this gun if they could shave the weight down to sub 35 ounces. Really want a 3-18 AMG though....

What hunting style for the 6-24 AMG? I would love the 24 high end but timid to commit to 6x low end on an east coast hunting rifle. 3-18 or 4-20 would be too sweet.

What hunting style for the 6-24 AMG? I would love the 24 high end but timid to commit to 6x low end on an east coast hunting rifle. 3-18 or 4-20 would be too sweet.
The reticle is too thin to be usable at 6x. At 4x it would be like shooting a red dot sight with the switch turned off. Put a thicker reticle in the AMG. Now that would be a winner for a longer range hunting rifle. As it sits now the AMG is no better than the razor as a hunting rifle scope.

The reticle is too thin to be usable at 6x. At 4x it would be like shooting a red dot sight with the switch turned off. Put a thicker reticle in the AMG. Now that would be a winner for a longer range hunting rifle. As it sits now the AMG is no better than the razor as a hunting rifle scope.

Define “usable?”

At what range would you need to use subtenstions at 6x?

I can use the reticle on my k318 to kill at 25 yds on 3.5 power and it’s a .035 retricle.

Hell, I can still see whole mil marks at 5x

Define “usable?”

At what range would you need to use subtenstions at 6x?

I can use the reticle on my k318 to kill at 25 yds on 3.5 power and it’s a .035 retricle.

Hell, I can still see whole mil marks at 5x
I hunt. Just came back from a 4day hunt. Took three deer and a couple of sheep. I used my bushnell lrhsi which has a much thicker reticle than either scope you mentioned and is a far superior hunting scope than all of the scopes you mentioned as well as the AMG which I also have. Let the sun go down and those thin reticle FFP scopes become invisible on low power and I am not talking subtensions. I’m talking the whole reticle. To high of mag and the scope is too dark. Too low of mag and the reticle dissappears. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. It’s the problem with all FFP scopes and is made worse with the trend of thin reticle. Illumination does help. I do like the scope. Just not for hunting. I also own a gen2razor and a gen2 pst. All good scopes. Just not on hunting rifles.

Let’s not derail this thread. We can debate this in the hunting section.

Reactions: FishDr
EBR-2C MRAD and MOA will not be an orderable item for 2019 (either in the 18x or 27x) The MRAD are GONE and there is still plenty MOA left. Not saying your dealer couldn't fill backorders but new orders for the MRAD won't be filled, they are switching to the EBR-7B immediately.

New scopes should be arriving in 7-8 weeks.

MAP is dropping $500 for the EBR-7 series and will hold at $2499 for the Horus / Tremor3

Lower MAP on all the Gen II PST

Same MAP/ cost for the AMG

New Fury 5000 LRF binos

That's all for SHOT.....

Time to update the website :geek:

Oh my..

That's a lot to take in.

I spoke with Nick at Vortex today and he said the price of the normal Razor HD Gen 2 will go down to $2000 and the scope with any of the new reticle choices will be around $2500.

Reactions: shotdown
I spoke with Nick at Vortex today and he said the price of the normal Razor HD Gen 2 will go down to $2000 and the scope with any of the new reticle choices will be around $2500.

I think you mean EBR7C will be $2000 and any Horus reticle will be $2500

Sportoptics has it listed for 1999.99 ebr7c before any discounts or anything.

That’s going to make it one of the best deals on the market hands down once the discounts start rolling in.

Son of a bitch. Who wants a couple EBR2C for dirt cheap? ?

I don't get how are other manufacturers even competing with prices like list Map is going from 2500 to 2000 thats going to be like deals at 1800ish. who would buy a atacr 5-25 f1 at even 2900 or even 2800?

I think that’s exactly why you’re seeing this. The market is orders of magnitude more competitive than it was when the Gen2 came out. It’s like a whole different world.

This change insures that the scope stays relevant for much longer.

I think this made the Razor GENII relevant again...

The Gen2 has always been relevant.
I remember how the market responded.
K624i came out. Everyone jumped ship. A year later, people realized it wasn’t that great and bought into the hype and now they’re selling out that scope. 7-35x ATACR came out. Some jumped ship to that. People realized they were looking through a straw with that one and are selling out.
TT came out. Everyone boasted how awesome the scope was without any validation. Now people are selling out of that scope because once again, it’s not really that great.

Meanwhile the whole time, guys have been collecting the most utilized scope in the PRS, the Gen2 RZR, and can afford to purchase that scope for all their rifles because it’s reasonably priced. Not the buy once cry once. You can buy two Gen2 rzr for about, ABOUT, the price of a new S&B, NF 7-35x, TT 5-25, and so on.

I mean look at how people purchase new things. ZOC scopes weren’t even out and people were commenting on how awesome they were. WTF did ZOC do that S&B and NF have been doing for a decade now? Not a damn thing. FFS the scopes not even out yet but someone it’s amazing???

I say all that to say this, these fads in the optics department are nothing more than emotional purchases with people looking for the latest and greatest. Meanwhile the Gen2 Rzr has been ahead of the pack feature wise and has been performing. Oh but the scope is too heavy? Yea if that’s the case then why are guys running 23-25lb rifle shooting 6mm cartridges for the purpose of reducing recoil? The guys that were in the know, wanted that heavy optic.

/end rant

K624i came out. Everyone jumped ship. A year later, people realized it wasn’t that great and bought into the hype and now they’re selling out that scope. 7-35x ATACR came out. Some jumped ship to that. People realized they were looking through a straw with that one and are selling out.
TT came out. Everyone boasted how awesome the scope was without any validation. Now people are selling out of that scope because once again, it’s not really that great.

Meanwhile the whole time, guys have been collecting the most utilized scope in the PRS, the Gen2 RZR, and can afford to purchase that scope for all their rifles because it’s reasonably priced. Not the buy once cry once. You can buy two Gen2 rzr for about, ABOUT, the price of a new S&B, NF 7-35x, TT 5-25, and so on.

I mean look at how people purchase new things. ZOC scopes weren’t even out and people were commenting on how awesome they were. WTF did ZOC do that S&B and NF have been doing for a decade now? Not a damn thing. FFS the scopes not even out yet but someone it’s amazing???

I say all that to say this, these fads in the optics department are nothing more than emotional purchases with people looking for the latest and greatest. Meanwhile the Gen2 Rzr has been ahead of the pack feature wise and has been performing. Oh but the scope is too heavy? Yea if that’s the case then why are guys running 23-25lb rifle shooting 6mm cartridges for the purpose of reducing recoil? The guys that were in the know, wanted that heavy optic.

/end rant

Seems to be a touchy subject for you...

Everyone is going to 0.2mil horizontal stadia (SKMR, MR4, MIL-C, EBR-7B, Gen3XR) this brings the Razor GenII back into the game for many who discounted it for the reticle selection. To me this is the same situation as S&B and their reticle choices. Nothing that tickles my fancy so I move on.

Why it took them so long to put the EBR-7 in the Razor GEN2, but have it in the AMG, is beyond me. I am certainly happy they are doing it though and will more than likely pick one up.

Seems to be a touchy subject for you...

Everyone is going to 0.2mil horizontal stadia (SKMR, MR4, MIL-C, EBR-7B, Gen3XR) this brings the Razor GenII back into the game for many who discounted it for the reticle selection. To me this is the same situation as S&B and their reticle choices. Nothing that tickles my fancy so I move on.

Why it took them so long to put the EBR-7 in the Razor GEN2, but have it in the AMG, is beyond me. I am certainly happy they are doing it though and will more than likely pick one up.
I agree it took WAY too long. But I’m excited for it.

I would probably like it more if it had a 34 or 35mm tube.

Then get a razor? The AMG has plenty of travel for its tube size idk why you’d want it to be 34 and I REALLY cannot imagine a world where 35 would be an improvement lol.

Sitting in fields or on power/gas lines, where I don't expect a shot under 100-150 or so. With the illumination, I have no problem seeing the reticle on low power if I need it. And it has a pretty good FOV at 6x as well.

/end rant

Wait.....wut?

People aren’t “selling out” their 7-35 and TT.

Most people are priced out of the TT and many just grab the 7-35 since they can get it a bit cheaper than a TT and get the extra mag.

The 7-35 was the most popular optic with top PRS and NRL shooters this year.

More shooters were running Kahles than Vortex this year. Granted, there were more Gen 2 than a single Kahles. Mainly because some are still using the 624 and haven’t switched to 525 yet.

These couple facts invalidates a few of your statements.

The main thing these two other brands provided over the gen 2 was a .2 windage availability.

So yes, the gen 2 was starting to lose its stride and was about to lose its relevance.

It is very commendable that Vortex is adjusting accordingly well before they fell too far behind. Schmidt has relatively taken a big hit compared to where they were a few years ago in PRS representation. I’m glad vortex didn’t let this happen.