• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The NIGHTFORCE 2014 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge- Birmingham, AL

What A fantastic match this was. Not only did I get to shoot it, I also pulled a double whammy with RO duties. Congrats to Richard, John, Jim, Dave and all of the behind the scene people on a fantastic course of fire. My hat's off to all the sponsors who stepped up and donated to the prize table. There is no word that can describe the size of the prize table(s).

As always it was great to see all the normal faces and a pleasure to meet all the new faces. There was a lot of talent that stepped up to the plate this weekend. With that said congrats to Bart Baldwin on the win, you earned it. Also congrats to last years champ Jason Greene on the runner up spot.

Thanks to all the RO's. Without each and everyone of you, a match this size could never take place. Only thing I would change is: we need 2-3 matches a year from you guys. Great job to everyone. See you next year.

Well, I am going to complain. I was there all weekend and never ever saw a dum-dum or a Tootsie Roll Pop insult or attack anyone but yet you all lined up and slaughtered those poor things all weekend.
A Tootsie Roll Pop is a terrible thing to waste!
Just want to take the opportunity to say thanks to everyone who came down and shot the match. Otherwise I would have had to spend the whole time with my wife instead of RO'ing some really great people.
And DT1, thanks for taking it easy on an old man with a bum shoulder. :)

The dum-dum's was tough but could have been worse , at least it wasn't M@M's or aspirin !

Wow....what a fun weekend. It was a great course of fire, big kudos to Jim, Dave, John, and Richard for putting on a good one.
There was challenging things and easier things so that everyone had a chance to get points. And even though I dislike heights the scissor lift was a fun ass stage. When I first saw it I wanted to give John the universal "You're #1" hand signal :)
A big thank you to all the sponsors that stepped up and helped make the match prize table a good one. Thank you for all your support.
And a huge thank you to the RO'S and BGTC members that helped the match flow well and as I like to say herd the cats.
Believe me the effort you put in and the time you sacrificed is very much appreciated. I know all too well what all has to happen well before and after the shooting starts and stops.

This one is going to be on my agenda of matches to attend in the future. Thanks again Jim, David, John, and Richard.

See ya next time.

Eric

e3e7unah.jpg

Next time we need distances like this so I can actually hit some. Lol

e3e7unah.jpg

Next time we need distances like this so I can actually hit some. Lol

That's my partner's and my rifles in that picture and I couldn't agree more!

Great match and a big shout out to everyone that made it happen.

We will have a 22lr with a fixed 4x optic and 720 yard shots for you next time Joey. That's all you can shoot. :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

A quick lost and found note. We have a pair of small Konus binos and a pair of green Blackhawk knee pads that were left at the range. If you lost either, please shoot me a PM or e-mail and we'll get them back to you.

I had a blast. Thank you all.
I also saw the 'check' for charity. What an awesome success. What a gift you have all given.

Hats off to David and Jim for hosting another awesome match!! Had a great time and really enjoyed the COF. There were some very creative stages, which were out of the norm of what we see at most matches. But all is fair game for the Steel City Crew.

Major thanks to all the RO's who sat this one out in order to allow us the chance to shoot it. You guys did a great job guiding everyone through the course of fire. Congrats to David Martin on getting the 1st place RO slot!! You shot great man.

To all the sponsors "WOW".. Thank you all for stepping up to such a wonderful event and cause..

Last congrats to Bart on taking home the title. You put on a clinic! Wish I could have been squaded with you to learn some pistol skills!!

Hey guys,
The match directors for the Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge are proud to announce that we will be partnering with the Army Sniper Association for this years event.
Jim, David, Richard and I feel strongly not only about hosting an exceptional event, but also contributing to something that is bigger than ourselves.
We will be donating a portion of the match proceeds, as well as proceeds from other fundraising efforts to this organization.
The Army Sniper Association is a nonprofit organization that provides assistance to wounded snipers and their families, and the families of fallen snipers killed in action.
We look forward to seeing all the competitors and companies that continue to support all of our silent warriors for the match in september.

We would be remiss if we didn't thank all of the competitors for their generosity in supporting the Army Sniper Association. Everyone donated to this worthy organization via their match entry fee Most people donated additional money through participation in the .22 side match, the Yeti cooler/M&P Bodyguard drawing and general donations for lunch etc enabling us to raise several thousand dollars for the affected service men and their families.

The representative from the Army Sniper Association who was present at the match on Sunday was most impressed with both the quality of the shooters' skills as well as their generosity. Thanks again to everyone who attended the match and supported this organization!

I've got a few videos of a few of the ROs on the scissor lift from the RO day I'll get up here in a few mins. I was working the duece and a half stage so if your points are higher there it's because I'm a nice RO. Actually lots of people did fantastic on that stage and I was glad to see some of the top shooter's there ringing steel!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just like last year....this was a fantastic match. The mix of scenarios....and that sneaky, sneaky scissor-lift was great. Hats off to the match directors and RO's who put in A LOT of time and effort into this match. To the sponsors.....HOLY CRAP !! I haven't seen as much awesome stuff on a prize table as this event in a while. 15-20th place had their shot at a rifle chasis, silencer, etc...lots of really good stuff. Nightforce came through huge with several scopes, McRee with several chasis's....THANK YOU sponsors !! I didn't have the pleasure of shooting with Bart, but congratulations on smoking the rest of us. Dave, John, Jim, Richard, thanks for a great match. The money raised for the Army Sniper Association was awesome as well !! We raised a huge chunk of cash for those guys who more than deserve it.

I speak for jim, richard, and david in saying, that we had a great time putting this together. Watching everybody shoot is almost as fun as shooting the course of fire. We appreciate the sacrifices each of you made to travel, take time from your families, work and other obligations to come here. Ohio, florida, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and many other states were represented in Alabama this past weekend. This is a true testament to how this sport has grown.

Good luck to those who are traveling to the PRS finale. Shoot well, Safe travels, good times and good friends....at the end of the day this is what it boils down to.
We look forward to seeing each and every one of you in the future. Stay tuned for more to come from Steel City Precision...
Cheers!