• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The NIGHTFORCE 2014 Steel City Precision Rifle Challenge- Birmingham, AL

While I won't be able to shoot it due to RO duties my wife has decided she wants to give it a try. She's a shooter so watch out boys! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I know the guys that put this match on and can say they are all first class folks. I would shoot it but am a little too old and busted up.

I know the guys that put this match on and can say they are all first class folks. I would shoot it but am a little too old and busted up.

Joe, you may not be as young as you once were, but at least you still have your looks:) Thanks for the kind words!

Confirmation has been sent for all applications received as of 3/22. Registration is off to a fast start. We're not yet on the verge of filling up but if you want to shoot, please don't wait too long to register.

David, I'll bring my wife's application up to the range week aftet next when I'm off. I figure if I go ahead and turn it it she cant back out. :) electronic sights allowed on pistol?

Decided to start shooting again and why not start at my home range, which I haven't shot at in over 2 years. Payment sent.

Decided to start shooting again and why not start at my home range, which I haven't shot at in over 2 years. Payment sent.

He's alive! Great to hear you're getting back into shooting and glad you'll be joining us for the match in Sept! All those young-uns will definitely slow your match schedule down a bit won't they:)

PM sent, lots of positive changes out at the range in the past couple of years.

Just wanted to update everyone on confirmed sponsors. They have been extremely generous. Expect to see more sponsors get on board as the date gets closer. Please consider supporting the sponsors who support our sport!

If you are interested in being a sponsor please contact me here to find out more about our sponsor program.

NightForce
Accurate Ordnance
JP Enterprises
Big Dog Steel
Accu-Shot
Copper Creek
CPWSA
Jones Tactical
MGM
Modular Driven Technologies (MDT)
Precision Tactical Solutions
Short Action Customs
Smith Solutions
Stewart Solutions
TIS
Way of the Gun

There are spots still available but it is steadily filling up

Registration has been steady and we're well over half full of our max capacity. If you want to shoot, please don't wait too long to register. It looks like we're going to have strong sponsorship support and are definitely going to have a VERY FUN set of stages!

Although I won't be shooting, I'll be there RO'ing and helping. Can't wait to see whats in store this year. This is for sure one of the best matches around and ran by some awesome guys!!!!! Just don't tell them that, their heads might swell a bit.

Last edited:
Here's a Sneak Peek at the trophies we are doing for the match!

scptrophies.jpg

scptrophies3.jpg

scptrophies2.jpg

R1, R2 & R3 are for the RO competition portion... 1 thru 5 are First through Fifth place and then there's top Mil. So there are 9 trophies all together.

Ok that's what I thought. Maybe I'll pick one of those up then. If not I may buy one that has my name in it or something if possible :) Looking forward to sponsoring, shooting and RO'ing again this year. Awesome event for sure!

Ryan really stepped up for us on this match!
between trophies, steel orders and everything else he has been great to work with...
great job once again Ryan!

Mailing my application tomorrow.

Is it possible to bring multiple rifles and run them?

Mailing my application tomorrow.

Is it possible to bring multiple rifles and run them?

No, the format of this match is that everyone will shoot one rifle and one pistol (the same one) on all the stages.

Hope its early enough to request 4 of the friends to be in same squad...

No, the format of this match is that everyone will shoot one rifle and one pistol (the same one) on all the stages.

Well there goes my plan to use ar for short range and bolt for long...
:/

I will be there if I can scratch up the coin while there are still slots.
If we're going to have to run up to the top of that ridge again, I would like to suggest building a ski lift.

I will be there if I can scratch up the coin while there are still slots.
If we're going to have to run up to the top of that ridge again, I would like to suggest building a ski lift.

Running up the ridge: to be determined.....:)

Last edited:
That running uphill stage was no joke. But was the most fun of them all.

It agree it was a really fun stage to shoot.
When I got to the top of the hill the R.O. looked at me and said: "OK stop for a moment and take deep breaths. When you are no longer purple, approach the shooting box and make ready".
It's the first time I've ever been given the "breath deep" command. LOL

John's a cool guy. I helped RO that stage and got a lot of good laughes from the people hauling butt up the hill and having to make the off hand shot. The whole deal was if you missed you had to hit every other target to pick those points back up. We hope to have some awesome stages this year for everyone. I know John, David, Jim and a few others are putting a lot of time into it so expect another awesome match!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quick update; registration continues to be steady. Guess everyone wants to sign up for the uphill running....... :) Confirmation has been sent via e-mail to all who have submitted applications. If you have not received confirmation and have sent in an app, please let me know. Room still available.

I loved the uphill stage. I hope all stages have some sort of more challenging obstacles than last event.

**Some house keeping details:

The match is quickly filling up. If you are on the fence don't wait too long. REGISTRATION

Many of last years sponsors have come through big this year including BIG DOG STEEL, THUNDER BEAST ARMS AND MAGPUL

**ALSO, LOOK FOR A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT FROM NIGHTFORCE OPTICS!!**

If you are interested in being a sponsor please contact me here to find out more about our sponsor program.

NightForce
Accurate Ordnance
JP Enterprises
Big Dog Steel
Accu-Shot
Copper Creek
CPWSA
Jones Tactical
MGM
Modular Driven Technologies (MDT)
Precision Tactical Solutions
Short Action Customs
Smith Solutions
Stewart Solutions
TIS
Way of the Gun
Magpul
Thunder Beast Arms

Last edited:
I was told the barska was the choice of optics amongst shooters...

I was told the barska was the choice of optics amongst shooters...

I just ordered one for my wife to shoot with specifically for this match. Actually just got a S&B ultra short on the way :) I'm thinking of stealing it for my gun.

Nightforce optics presents the 2014 steel city precision rifle challenge

WE ARE EXTREMELY EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE NIGHTFORCE OPTICS AS THE 2014 STEEL CITY PRECISION RIFLE CHALLENGE TITLE SPONSOR

For many years the guys at Nightforce have supported the matches we have put on and they are stepping up huge this year! When making your optics purchases keep in mind the companies that support the matches you attend.

2uzxs95.jpg

Last edited:
Bring a few extra beast (mil versions) to sell as well. I'm sure they will go like hotcakes.

I have received several PMs so I thought I would put it here too.

We still have spots available but please do not wait long. We are filling up quickly. DT1 will announce here when we start a waiting list. until then we have room.

There will definitely be obstacles, some physical some technical, some technical and physical...all will be fun!

There better be some additional points for shooting the number signs. Lol