• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

Best I could do for today.............

IMG_2922.jpg

I used to compete heavily in bbq competitions..haven’t since 2017..my daughter loves bbq so my wife wants me to compete at least once for the kids..so I did a brisket practice run.

My daughter (she’s 4) also just found a cache of some of my bbq trophies and decorated her room with them..I have roughly 300 bbq trophies so it’s a sight to behold lol

Attachments

• IMG_3946.jpeg
    IMG_3946.jpeg
    582 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3947.jpeg
    IMG_3947.jpeg
    684.8 KB · Views: 55
I used to compete heavily in bbq competitions..haven’t since 2017..my daughter loves bbq so my wife wants me to compete at least once for the kids..so I did a brisket practice run.

My daughter (she’s 4) also just found a cache of some of my bbq trophies and decorated her room with them..I have roughly 300 bbq trophies so it’s a sight to behold lol
If you need some more practice I’ll volunteer my family to eat this slop

If you need some more practice I’ll volunteer my family to eat this slop
Have at it brother..I don’t touch the shit lol

You mess with something that long and the last thing you want to do is eat it..I had Taco Bell when it was finished..I always eat the most non bbq thing I can find after a cook.

I have won a lot of prestigious awards for my ribs..don’t even know what they taste like.

Reactions: The D
I have made remoulade sauce a few times. Here is how I make it
  • 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup stone ground mustard or Creole mustard if possible
  • 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
  • 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
  • 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
  • 1 teaspoon pickle juice (dill or sweet, your preference)
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce ( I use Tabasco)
  • 1 large clove garlic, smashed and minced
Whisk all of the ingredients thoroughly in a metal bowl. Start with a tsp of the Cajun seasoning and add more until it tastes good to you.

Chill it for a few hours before using
That sounds good but the kind I'm wanting to reproduce had crab cream butter lightly seasoned ? and on milder the side. It was a white creamy looking sauce.

The restaurant in Lafitte had it a restraunt in Houma had it and a place called another broken egg in Shreveport had it for thier shrimp and crab omelet.

I may be incorrect in calling it a remoulade.

Any help would be appreciated.

That sounds good but the kind I'm wanting to reproduce had crab cream butter lightly seasoned ? and on milder the side. It was a white creamy looking sauce.

The restaurant in Lafitte had it a restraunt in Houma had it and a place called another broken egg in Shreveport had it for thier shrimp and crab omelet.

I may be incorrect in calling it a remoulade.

Any help would be appreciated.
I have no clue about that. It certainly is not a remoulade

Reactions: Snuby642
For anyone with a smoker and aint afraid to do a little salt curing - this pulled butt ham is fckn amazing.

IMO right up yalls alley @E. Bryant , @benchmstr & @Snuby642 .. cant recommend the pulled ham enough!

Last edited:
For anyone with a smoker and aint afraid to do a little salt curing - this pulled butt ham is fckn amazing.

IMO right up yalls alley @benchmstr & @Snuby642 .. cant recommend the pulled ham enough!
That looks awsome.
Allready have the Morton's tender quick and probably a pork but in the frezer.

My problem is this time of year its tripple digt heat starting tomorrow. Hard to do the low temperatures called out. Same with trying to make sausages.

I have a stick burner.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
That looks awsome.

My problem is this time of year its tripple digt heat starting tomorrow. Hard to do the low temperatures called out. Same with trying to make sausages.

I have a stick burner.
I just do those at night here near Houston..just wait until it’s below 90 outside..set the bbq guru digiq to my temp..put on food..go to bed

That looks awsome.

I have a stick burner.
As I said, cant recommend it enough. A spicy buckboard bacon is pretty much my favorite food next to country ham.
And the cured pulled pork butt ham is downright delicious!

You absolutely have to try it!

Reactions: Snuby642

IMO right up yalls alley @E. Bryant , @benchmstr & @Snuby642 .. cant recommend the pulled ham enough!
I’ve actually made this recipe before and you’re absolutely right. Best ham I ever had

I’ve actually made this recipe before and you’re absolutely right. Best ham I ever had
Best of both worlds of BBQ & cured ham!

See @Snuby642 it aint just me saying it- the pulled ham is the bomb! And you already got all the necessities required sir.. go ahead and make you a batch and post up the pics! You wont regret it I guarantee ya..

Reactions: Snuby642 and Nik H
Used to do pork chops with TQ. But normaly grilled them.

The time on the cure seems very long for a pork butt.

Are we talking 6 inch thick curing for 6 inches or from 3 inches from each side?

Not experienced in week long cures.

Picked up some hickory logs allready for this. Will probably add oak and pecan.

Will have to get my son to split some of the wood so I can build a smaller fire.

Used to do pork chops with TQ. But normaly grilled them.

The time on the cure seems very long for a pork butt.

Are we talking 6 inch thick curing for 6 inches or from 3 inches from each side?

Not experienced in week long cures.

Picked up some hickory logs allready for this. Will probably add oak and pecan.

Will have to get my son to split some of the wood so I can build a smaller fire.
"Calculate the time by measuring the thickest point of all pieces of meat.
Divide that by how many "half inches" there are in that.
Then add 2 days to that, for the minimum number of days in cure.
I then add 2 or 3 days to that, to be sure it gets to the center of each piece.
In this case, the thickest point was 2", so there are 4 "half inches" in 2 inches.
4 plus 2 = 6 minumum days in cure---Plus I added 2 more days = 8 Days in cure.
Note: I Never cure for less than 8 days.
During those 8 days, I flip each package over, and massage it slightly, pressing it flat, and returning it to the fridge."

Far as I know - theres no such thing as "over-curing". It'll just be more salty if you over-do the curing time. Which you can fix by soaking in fresh cold water before smoking. But theres certainly such thing as under-curing, hence the need to slice to the center of the thickest part to make sure its cured all the way through.

Reactions: Nik H and Snuby642
Try the Suckerpunch spicy garlic ones too. I can eat the whole jar.
Where do you get em at?
I go to the Jaemor farmers market every so often to get several bags of boiled peanuts and couple jars of the Jaemor farms Habanero pickle slices - they're excellent. Very good spicy kick with a tiny bit of sweetness.

Reactions: HPIguy
Where do you get em at?
I go to the Jaemor farmers market every so often to get several bags of boiled peanuts and couple jars of the Jaemor farms Habanero pickle slices - they're excellent. Very good spicy kick with a tiny bit of sweetness.
Around here, Aldi, Bi-Lo, or Publix. Mmmm, Farmer's market. Ours basically died off during COVID, and never really came back to what it once was. And what's there now, you'll pay three prices for it.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
A couple of slabs of baby backs, getting ready for the big green egg............probably won't put them on until Monday.

I use honey as a binder on these instead of mustard...........homemade rub............

IMG_2950.jpg

After the cook.............

IMG_2951.jpg

Last edited:
Here’s some of the rest of the feast we did… talk about a food comaView attachment 8174165View attachment 8174166
OMFG, this not so little piggy came out amazing, feast your eyes on this succulent pigView attachment 8173965View attachment 8173968View attachment 8173969View attachment 8173967
OMFG @notacos4u !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude I'm literally drooling my mouths watering so badly!

FCKN HELL MAN! You're speaking my language sir, thank you posting pics of the beautiful feast - now, are you anywhere near North GA? Not to be a beggar, but if you got any leftovers that you don't plan to eat... I'd return the favor, with beers on me whenever you're in/stopping by my area!

Reactions: notacos4u
How do you like that smoker? Can you cold smoke with it?
I like it so far. Yesterday was my first time using it, it was given to us. I don't think it will go low enough temperature-wise for cold smoking though.

Going low enough is a problem when wanting to make sausages or jerky.
Slightest bit too hot and instant fatout.

I’m just about to make some pork burnt ends. Will post a few pics in a bit