• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

syhcnwhawwr61.jpg
OK, I see beanies but no weanies? WTH?
That is definitely a gourmet fail;)

20220904_203719.jpg

Pork loin with green chilies, onions and red peppers.

Rice and black beans.

Green chilies and black beans were canned, cutlets were quick seared then smothered and slow cooked.

Quick preparation, low mess and inexpensive. Gtg

Reactions: Beefmanne
My wife asked - Sacreligeous ? Not kosher ?

Anyone can kill, dissasemble, cook and eat a pig. I decided to reverse engineer the thing.

20220906_122639.jpg

I decided to put the meat back in the skin.

Some people say a keto diet is not good for you. The hallucinations are mostly temporary I have found.

Reactions: BLEE and Dough300
The new "mutha fucker that's good" salsa.

Gotta garden, pretty big, wide variety....
Took about 15 Serrano chilis
Maybe 30-40 Shishito chilis
About 30-40 Thai/Tabasco cross chilis
3 big cloves of garlic
2 medium roma tomato's
1 medium yellow onion
Put all this in a food processor and puree it....add maybe 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and about 3 tablespoons veg oil to help it liquify.
Put that mess in a small pan and cook over low for about 15 minutes stirring as you go.
Add more vinegar and oil as you see fit to keep it liquefied and not too thick.
Add about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and same of fresh ground black pepper while cooking.
Remove from heat and let cool, stirring as needed.

N fucking joy
Hot, but not so hot it's punishing.
Nice fresh taste, very green with a touch of garlic and a kiss of sour from the vinegar.
It don't get no mo bettah.
I'd post pics....but hey, lets face it.
It looks like hot sauce.

Please don't break the rules when cooking Tex-Mex.

Let me break the rules down for you noobs.

Rule #1 : There's not any.
Rule #2: See rule # 1.

Minnie burritos.

White corn tortillas, thin, tasety, delicate and less carbs.
1 1/2 lb ground beef, save the other half chub for another day.

Season a hot dry pan with oil and turn to med low, add beef. 2-3 cloves of garlic, a medium onion, 3-4 Roma tomatoes or a can of chopped and in between a small ammount of fajita seasonings and steak seasoning not the kind in a pouch with flour.

Don't go wild with seasoning yet.
Cook slow uncovered get the steam out.

1 package of burrito mix and a can of ranch style beans
1 can of green hatch chilli (enchilada sauce) and two handfuls of cilantro.

Cook slow and stir often.
Do not scorch bottom of pan.

Tip on tortillas.
A hot skillet or comal works best.
Butter one side, toss in, spin by hand quickly and flip to unbuttered side .

Cook till that side is slightly browned, flip and add some shredded cheese.

That helps keep stuff from sliding out.

20220929_214554.jpg

20220929_215150.jpg

Way too many favorite Tex Mex recipes in my house but this is a easy staple that pleases .

20220930_115914.jpg

Edit: This is a very mild rendition.
Please feel free to add serrano's, jalapenos, poblanos, picodegiyo and some sour cream.

See rule # 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKDslayer
Please don't break the rules when cooking Tex-Mex.

Let me break the rules down for you noobs.

Rule #1 : There's not any.
Rule #2: See rule # 1.

Minnie burritos.

White corn tortillas, thin, tasety, delicate and less carbs.
1 1/2 lb ground beef, save the other half chub for another day.

Season a hot dry pan with oil and turn to med low, add beef. 2-3 cloves of garlic, a medium onion, 3-4 Roma tomatoes or a can of chopped and in between a small ammount of fajita seasonings and steak seasoning not the kind in a pouch with flour.

Don't go wild with seasoning yet.
Cook slow uncovered get the steam out.

1 package of burrito mix and a can of ranch style beans
1 can of green hatch chilli (enchilada sauce) and two handfuls of cilantro.

Cook slow and stir often.
Do not scorch bottom of pan.

Tip on tortillas.
A hot skillet or comal works best.
Butter one side, toss in, spin by hand quickly and flip to unbuttered side .

Cook till that side is slightly browned, flip and add some shredded cheese.

That helps keep stuff from sliding out.

View attachment 7966661

View attachment 7966662

Way too many favorite Tex Mex recipes in my house but this is a easy staple that pleases .

View attachment 7966959

Edit: This is a very mild rendition.
Please feel free to add serrano's, jalapenos, poblanos, picodegiyo and some sour cream.

See rule # 2.
Ima gonna try that, thanks.

Reactions: Snuby642
IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

The bacon was seasoned with maple sugar, pepper, steak seasoning, salt, and a few other spices then baked. The plan was to make a big BLT, but I never made it that far and wound up eating most of the bacon....:LOL:.......honey glazed salmon with a pinch of salt and pepper then slapped on a hot grill. Came out really good!

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5043.jpg

My Grandmother's recipe for tacos. She usually made corn tortillas for the tacos, (not quite hard, not too soft) but once in awhile she used flour tortillas. Ground beef with cumin, chili powder, salt pepper, finely diced onion, little chopped tomato, salt, pepper and that was it. I remember she made a lot of food when I was younger. I asked her many decades later why she doesn't cook certain dishes anymore. She laughed and said it took too long and it was easier to buy some from the mercado! 😂 She would get a tremendous laugh at Mexican fast food commercials....roll her eyes and say "I've never heard of that before..what are they trying to do..?" I miss her tremendously, and hang my head in shame when I try to make flour tortillas. 😔

The booze and nachos are my idea alone....😋

A thing I was taught about a fresh made flour tortilla .

The water you use must be very hot or they suck.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
For the life of me, I cannot recall if she ever used hot water despite watching her make tortillas at least 750 times..:unsure:....well maybe a few less than that....she was always up early and half way through the process by the time I was getting out of bed. That was about 45 years ago at least....I will try that! Thanks!!

The massa has baking soda and or baking powder I forget.

The tortillas will be flat and hard if the heat doesn't do it's job before cooking.

The massa has baking soda and or baking powder I forget.

The tortillas will be flat and hard if the heat doesn't do it's job before cooking.

Here is a good recipe to learn about flour tortillas. There's more to "deep dive" into, but his recipe/technique is a great way to start..

I realized I haven't posted here in a while..

I've been able to bake more with the cooler temps.

Here is some fresh sourdough bread, one with a sesame seed topping.
Old school meatball sub with toasted burrata cheese on my bread. They're actually chicken meatballs, in my Sunday Sauce.
My sourdough technique is getting better, but its still frustrating as heck. Tastes darn good consistently tho.
20221101_205506.jpg
20221101_210543.jpg
20221101_210533.jpg

Sunday Sauce, chicken meatballs, and fresh pasta.. so simple, but one of my most universally loved meals. I'm happy to share any "recipe" or "secret" if anyone's interested..

Hope all is well in these crazy times Gents!

Semper Fi,

Tom
20221030_180801.jpg
20221030_172313.jpg
20221030_175835.jpg
20221030_082206.jpg
20221030_172413.jpg

If you separate the beans and franks you get two meals out of a can.

You haven't enjoyed the five star meals that our tax dollars paid for unless you have one of these ..............

Not the worst of the menu...........

Reactions: Snuby642
I can assure you I have been handed boxes of c-rats.

They still had cigarettes and matches and a p-89.

I have heated them on intake manifolds, barracks radiators and sterno.

If you were hungry enough they all ate with the garlic and onion powder I kept around.

If you could get some hot sauce or butter that was hog heaven.

I have actually sat in a foxhole eating c-rats guarding perimeter or taxi ways thinking I was smart to bring toilet paper and extra sterno.

Would definitely like your sauce recipe!

This is pretty much it. I used to add other things, but the straight recipe works best. Try to get the best whole tomatoes you can. I've been using "Bianco DiNapoli" ordered from Amazon, but they can be hard to find. Basically any DOP brand should be good. Don't rush it and let it reduce down slowly. Its worth the time. After a few batches, make large batches and freeze it. It saves beautifully, and can make a gorgeous meal anytime!

This is pretty much it. I used to add other things, but the straight recipe works best. Try to get the best whole tomatoes you can. I've been using "Bianco DiNapoli" ordered from Amazon, but they can be hard to find. Basically any DOP brand should be good. Don't rush it and let it reduce down slowly. Its worth the time. After a few batches, make large batches and freeze it. It saves beautifully, and can make a gorgeous meal anytime!
Thanks much. I have made some really great sauce with tomatoes out of our garden but this year our garden was a total flop, maybe because of our drought here in central TX and I also didn't see any bees around much to pollinate anything.
At any rate, I'm going to try this.

Thanks much. I have made some really great sauce with tomatoes out of our garden but this year our garden was a total flop, maybe because of our drought here in central TX and I also didn't see any bees around much to pollinate anything.
At any rate, I'm going to try this.
Enjoy! You'll be glad you made it. Its very versatile and takes any meal up a few notches..

Also, do you ever add a little red wine to it and how does it do as a sauce for chicken parm? I would assume great!

Also, do you ever add a little red wine to it and how does it do as a sauce for chicken parm? I would assume great!
I've added wine, parmesan rinds, all sorts of extras. Honestly, making it the way the recipe states is the best. The time reducing adds so much complexity that anything else is too much. Feel free to try it with the additions, but you'll see that the "basic" recipe is tops. Just make sure to use good canned whole tomatoes and crush them with your hands. Fresh herbs etc. Quality ingredients. The one thing it doesn't work great for is pizza. A "fresher" sauce works best for thin crust pizzas.

Bianco DiNapoli Organic Whole Peeled Tomatoes, 28 oz, 6 pack https://a.co/d/he2Qa8a

These are kind of pricey, but taste incredible! Just make sure to use DOP tomatoes.

Enjoy..

I've added wine, parmesan rinds, all sorts of extras. Honestly, making it the way the recipe states is the best. The time reducing adds so much complexity that anything else is too much. Feel free to try it with the additions, but you'll see that the "basic" recipe is tops. Just make sure to use good canned whole tomatoes and crush them with your hands. Fresh herbs etc. Quality ingredients. The one thing it doesn't work great for is pizza. A "fresher" sauce works best for thin crust pizzas.

Bianco DiNapoli Organic Whole Peeled Tomatoes, 28 oz, 6 pack https://a.co/d/he2Qa8a

These are kind of pricey, but taste incredible! Just make sure to use DOP tomatoes.

Enjoy..
Will do. I'm thinking this would be great with grilled Italian hot sausage sammies on a good crusty roll. But I'd likely throw some grilled green pepper on top.

That sounds wonderful. It also makes your house smell insane for like 8 9 hours.
Oh and some provolone melted on top in the broiler for a couple minutes. My Mom used to make this when we were growing up. One of her best friends was a neighbor, Mrs. Carlese who also made her own sauce and wine. Genuine Italian.

Reactions: SpringThom
Ok fellas, I need some advice. Neighbor boys kill deer like they’re the enemy. Stopped at the shop today running errands. Buck hanging and being processed as I walked in. Kid was pulling out the back straps and want me to smoke them on the Traeger. I brought them home, trimmed them good (silver skin and tendon removed). Rinsed well and have them soaking in the cooler in water to pull out the blood. I’ve changed the water once already. Any ideas on rub, processes, etc...? I’ve done a ton of brisket, pork, etc...but I’m in uncharted territory with deer meat. Thanks

Comfort food.

Potato soup.
4 large potatoes
4 strips of bacon
Couple of garlic cloves
A cup of chopped green onions
A 1lb smoked garlic sausage
One can white beans
One box of chicken broth
One cup of milk.

I diced and cooked the potatoes separately to start in the broth with some spices (Uncle Cris)
Bacon, garlic and onions in another pan.
20221109_202019.jpg

The sausage was split and grilled a little then diced.

When the potatoes are near done add everything together and simmer slow. Check seasonings and enjoy.

1668052787297_20221109_205906.jpg

Last edited:
Slow cooked pork chops.
About ten minutes total worth of work and an hour cooking low and slow.

Chops, seasoned to your liking, seared on one side quickly then turned and seared. Toss in a sliced onion some garlic.

20221115_175925.jpg

Sweat down the onion some and mix around in pan drippings. Turn the pan down to low. Ad 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup not diluted on top.

20221115_181646.jpg

Cover and Walk away.

Serve with rice or potatoes.

20221115_190943.jpg

Easy eats and in case the wife is sick you can load the dishwasher, sweep the floor, feed the dogs and still drink a beer while it cooks.

If you're careful managing the heat the pan will rinse clean no scrubbing.

The important part is to remember the dogs get fed and the dishes get washed, got it?

Cost me some range time but a sick wife and grandchild took precedent, kid took first steps in my house today.

Last edited:
Bean water:

Nards, gristle, fat and bone.

20221118_113502.jpg

Don't that look good?

20221118_123250.jpg

Well that's done.

Reactions: Cowpokey
So ok looking and tasting better now.

Full disclosure I put too much pecan sticks in the smoker and got a bit much smoke on the ham.

Not a problem, trim rind off.
My bean water was over smoked so I cut it with chicken broth.

16688307796274835868769386099286.jpg

Problem solved.