• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

This 'could' be considered Nom Nom Nom couldn't it? Gotcha !!! Damn.

Rained out from baseball this evening, so, I volunteered to grill . This provided myself and Miss Lori to a home cooked meal. This time of year, its usually something from a concession stand (some are better than others) at a baseball/softball game. Simple NY strips with Montreal steak seasoning. IMG_3845.JPG

Dinner out. No urge to be creative. Semi-splurgy.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/QXwvaPN.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Fancy menus ...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/yd3Gjar.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

I had mackerel and tuna sashimi, and an "AK-47" roll: fried soft-shell crab, asparagus, salmon, spicy mayo, flying fish roe, and, naturally, rice. Not pictured, the gyoza appetizer.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/0cT1jim.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

It was a beautiful night, unlike in Iowa and other parts west.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/dUTDM1U.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Looks delicious Veer. Now, if we could just get the booster clubs to offer sushi at concessions... Then again after thinking about it, I'd probably pass.

Looks delicious Veer. Now, if we could just get the booster clubs to offer sushi at concessions... Then again after thinking about it, I'd probably pass.

My crumb snatchers are now 32 and almost 34. We did high school football with son no. 1. Lotsa Friday night meals in the bleachers. The tuna was buttery smooth, daddy has earned it, and enjoy your hot dogs al fresco.

Rained out from baseball this evening, so, I volunteered to grill . This provided myself and Miss Lori to a home cooked meal. This time of year, its usually something from a concession stand (some are better than others) at a baseball/softball game. Simple NY strips with Montreal steak seasoning.

Had the same idea, kinda, last night. Eldest and a long time friend came over for some Rib Eyes w/sea salt, fresh ground pepper, and Montreal Steak Seasoning, then painted with saute'd garlic butter. No money shots. We were hungry. :p

n4Val5u.jpg

Dinner out. No urge to be creative. Semi-splurgy.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/QXwvaPN.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Fancy menus ...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/yd3Gjar.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

I had mackerel and tuna sashimi, and an "AK-47" roll: fried soft-shell crab, asparagus, salmon, spicy mayo, flying fish roe, and, naturally, rice. Not pictured, the gyoza appetizer.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/0cT1jim.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

It was a beautiful night, unlike in Iowa and other parts west.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/dUTDM1U.jpg?1"}[/IMG2]

Looks damn good. And a nice place. I LOVE MACKEREL. 6 of those, 6 maguro, and 6 yellow tail, then start wielding the AK. :p

And yes, uhm, that's a beautiful sunset lmfao...........

Korean Ribs:

The marinade
153uqma.jpg

Pour on ribs, cover tupperware and shake it up really good. Put in fridge for at least 4 hours
wilcno.jpg

Round weber with royal oak lump
n6zte8.jpg

First batch done
289lf7a.jpg

Sam Gyup Sai:

Thats phoenitically spelled. If you've been to Korea or a Korean BBQ joint, you've had this..more than likely--Korean Taco's. It's basically, unskinned pork belly or bacon that's not cured and thinly sliced. I had a smooth Belgian beer to wash it back. No soju, not for this guy, I know better...

2dhb7s4.jpg

Soju is great stuff if it went through the right socks and radiator. Yeah, that's on the list for sure when we go. Typically at home we do bulgogi and LA galbi among others.

Soju is great stuff if it went through the right socks and radiator. Yeah, that's on the list for sure when we go. Typically at home we do bulgogi and LA galbi among others.

I've had one too many soju hangovers as a young GI. My Korean landlord at Kunsan used to wait for me to come home from work, "Just one shot..." That turned into several bottles and his wife would make us dinner... The last time I had it was when I was at Osan in 2001. I ended up sick as a dog, didn't remember a whole lot and my wife was pissed.

I've had one too many soju hangovers as a young GI. My Korean landlord at Kunsan used to wait for me to come home from work, "Just one shot..." That turned into several bottles and his wife would make us dinner... The last time I had it was when I was at Osan in 2001. I ended up sick as a dog, didn't remember a whole lot and my wife was pissed.

ROK READY, baby! LMAO ...

How about some grass fed local Angus burgers from Nelson's Meats? You'll need this...

IMG_3917.JPG

Then, build yourself a nice charcoal fire banked with Wild Cherry for added flavor...

IMG_3918.JPG

Her burger goes on a bit later as it's just a 1/4 pounder vs a 1/2 lb. Hot enough to sear, but the wet Cherry and drippings making a nice smoke... IMG_3920.JPG

I hear tell Nelson's meat is irresistible ... LMAO!

(inside joke)

It's what happens when you get to be on a first name basis with an otherwise total stranger.

How about some grass fed local Angus burgers from Nelson's Meats? You'll need this...

Well due to my friend Mr Nichols hooking me up with the prize for "Picking The Grumpy Bastard" I'm able to play. We went on the cheap. Wanted some wings and oddly enough with the rest of the goodies the Mrs. through together we used every one of those ingredients you have pictured, and a few more. I gotta tell ya, we are impressed with the "Salt Grass 7". That is damn good rub. While I slaved over a hot Traeger the Mrs was knocking out some Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms and Spam (Hawaiian Style) Fried Rice.
Life is good, and as stated so is that Rub. Thanks a million for the goodies and I know ya said you're good, but you're gonna get a box heading your way.......

8cl6AN1.jpg

mreQS3w.jpg

TfirfBI.jpg

g14K60B.jpg

G0NnN0G.jpg

Looks damn good. I'm surprised at the lack of anti-Bud comments from Tucker and Veer :). Perhaps they've realized they can't win us hicks over to the micro/IPA crowd.

I think we all assumed he was just pouring a little on the coals as he cooked, not actually drinking it. :-D

Kidding aside, that looks great.

Looks damn good. I'm surprised at the lack of anti-Bud comments from Tucker and Veer :). Perhaps they've realized they can't win us hicks over to the micro/IPA crowd.

That spice has some legs. Salty right off the bat, then here comes the flavor with a touch of heat. So impressed.

And ya, I'm just a regular beer guy also. That yuppy shit is just that.

That spice has some legs. Salty right off the bat, then here comes the flavor with a touch of heat. So impressed.

You might just not have had the right "yuppy shit." Some beers are worth the extravagance. And yes, I do remember.

Correct. I'll get you our brisket rub recipe. It's a different flavor profile slightly, but even a touch more heat at the finish. Just enough to make your eye lids sweat just a tiny bit :)

Then you're on your way. Fat Tire is the gateway drug for craft beer.

I'll do a local Beer or two with friends, but I very very rarely buy anything other than my go to. I know well Washington and Oregon have a ton of Micro Breweries, but it's just not my thing.

giphy.gif

I'll do a local Beer or two with friends, but I very very rarely buy anything other than my go to. I know well Washington and Oregon have a ton of Micro Breweries, but it's just not my thing.

giphy.gif

In some parts of Oregon I'd imagine it's probably harder to find Coors than a craft beer. I was the same way for a long time; Budweiser or Coors Light (depending on what I was doing) were all I needed and I had no use for fancy beer. Then I made the mistake of trying some fancy beers and realized that it was a novel idea to have my beer taste like something. I went from chugging a case to enjoying a six pack.

On a bigger picture, I like being able to meet the folks who made my beer. I respect that in most cases they gambled their whole financial futures and that of their families to open a brewery. They genuinely give a shit about every element that went into putting that beer in my hand, and their livelihood is on the line with each batch.

I'll always have a nostalgic connection to Bud, but I like putting my beer money into the pockets of local small businesses rather than multinational conglomerates when I have the option. BUT, just like with women, if we all liked the same thing we'd spend our time fighting rather than fucking.

Stay thirsty my friend!

I'm a huge fan of my PBC. But, sometimes it's hard to beat the old classic Weber. Workin some tri-tip with wicked good weekend warrior lump. Block party!!

35n8q2r.jpg

Cowboy Steak / Bone-in Rib Eye:

I snagged some pretty good ones yesterday. Washed em under cool water, patted dry. Then rubbed down with olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Set up round Weber for indirect cook with Kingsford Blue Bag and post oak chunk. I ran my dampers 1/4 open. I did a reverse sear at 130 degree internal temp--bumped to 137. Foiled and let em rest. Taste was spot on and good med rare.

riw93q.jpg

25hernm.jpg

34xol5x.jpg

zyg48p.jpg

14l6opi.jpg

We call those "tomahawk" steaks around here. At least the butcher i use and myself do.

Cowboy Steak / Bone-in Rib Eye:

I snagged some pretty good ones yesterday. Washed em under cool water, patted dry. Then rubbed down with olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Set up round Weber for indirect cook with Kingsford Blue Bag and post oak chunk. I ran my dampers 1/4 open. I did a reverse sear at 130 degree internal temp--bumped to 137. Foiled and let em rest. Taste was spot on and good med rare.

riw93q.jpg

25hernm.jpg

34xol5x.jpg

zyg48p.jpg

14l6opi.jpg

Looks perfect. Very nice job right there. Just did up some New York's with Mr Nichols Steak Rub and a pat o butter at the end. Shoulda done a pic of the inside's after resting. Absolutely perfect. So impressed "again" with that blend of spices. The whole family was very happy with them. ;)

9qZ3G88.jpg

ShYfjik.jpg

That looks amazing! This was the first time using butter at the end of the cook, just made things better.

The Butter alone makes a big difference, like restaurant's do. I like doing the Garlic n Rosemary also, but we wanted just a good dusting of Mr Nichols awesome local Rub. If you're so inclined I highly recommend this little jewel from COSTCO. It's very good.

JjhmQif.jpg

ewRwgjn.jpg

Poor me. I have to make do with a Sullivan's, a Ruth's Chris, and a Capital Grille.