• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "Official Shortage Thread"......

A shortage on beer ? Oh heavens no , the world is coming to an end pack it in and call it adieu . Life is just not worth living with out cold beer on a hot summers night after a long days work only to come home and hear even more yelling . I wonder if the lack of beer will coincide with a huge uptick in spouses being abused ? Oh the horror fish falling from the sky with cats and dogs and water turned into rivers of blood , locust destroying crops these truly are the end times . No more hot dogs and beer at the ball games spits on floor . lol well at least there is still air.
As long as you don't mind breathing it through a mask.....

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner

Rifle Scope Glass: Supply Going Dry​

Seeing this in several reports. Not just optics glass but all types of glass that comes from China. Time to procure that glass you have been putting off....

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
The 'Ripple Effect"....

New York (CNN Business)General Motors will shut production at most of its North American plants for a week or two starting next week as the worsening chip shortage takes another bite out of its plans.
GM and other automakers had hoped the chip shortage would be mostly behind them by now. But the surge in Covid cases, especially in Southeast Asia where many of the chip manufacturers are based, has actually created a worsening problem for automakers.

The country is official experiencing a shortage of ceiling texture (popcorn ceiling texture). This has to be the easiest shit to manufacture in massive quantity yet we have none. FML.

The shortage of chemicals are starting to have an effect of down stream products.

Diamond Brand COO Lauren Rash stands in an aisle of shelves with stockpiled parts as the 'lean' supply management has been upended by global shortages and bottlenecks, at Diamond Brand factory in Fletcher, outside Asheville, North Carolina, U.S. August 11, 2021. Picture taken August 11, 2021. REUTERS/Howard Schneider

The Great Reboot

From zippers to glass, shortages of basic goods hobble U.S. economy​

As the Government continues to "tighten in order to control" we will witness the cost of goods continue to increase..... "We The People" are paying much more for commodities, across the board. A family can only just stock up on so many items. Prudent Americans have the foresight to look at the long game... Clean water, food, security, health care are a few.... How does your long game look ?

Here is the propaganda for Tuesday morning:
Prices for an array of consumer goods rose less than expected in August in a sign that inflation may be starting to cool, the Labor Department reported Tuesday.
The consumer price index, which measures a basket of common products as well as various energy goods, increased 5.3% from a year earlier and 0.3% from July. A month ago, prices rose 0.5% from June.

Hmmm .. "Less than Expected"... Perhaps there were some who expected gasoline to be selling for $5/gallon and were extatic it was only $4/gallon. For those of us who expected $3/gallon gasoline the report is disappointing. The bridge between Wall Street and Main Street gets longer by the day.

Went to pick up a new pair of shoes yesterday and the shelves were half empty. Maybe they are all stuck in port?

Hobo Hilton has been telling y’all to get some quality footwear.
Thanks for the reminder. Along with good boots go good socks and a boot dryer. My boots last a lot longer when they spend the night on the boot dryer. My theme word this year has become "maintain"... As in maintain what you already have.

Thanks for the reminder. Along with good boots go good socks and a boot dryer. My boots last a lot longer when they spend the night on the boot dryer. My theme word this year has become "maintain"... As in maintain what you already have.
Quality warm weather clothing, that is neutral colored. Quality blankets too.

Easier to do well in cold weather with good clothing. Hot weather you don’t have to worry about it, lol.

Id recommend have an extra set of your favorite work boots.

Thinking about buying a slab and cutting it myself. We have a family owned grocery store about 40 minutes away and we make a trip about every 6-8 weeks. They sell their beef and pork for dollars less a pound than anywhere else. Costco, Sam's nor BJ can hold a candle to them. Plus, you get to have your beef and pork cut to you likings. We were just there this past Thursday and bought $700 worth of meats and I almost bought that slab of bacon.

I noticed that all the grocery stores and Walmart have mostly empty shelves where the Gatorade was typically well stocked in the past. I started noticing it mid-Summer.

A professional skip tooth dog clipper blade.

Almost unobtainium at the normal $30 price although I found one from a small pet supply.

Can still get one on Amazon for $85 - $115 if you're lazy.

Best get to ferreting tangibles away that you regularly use if you havent already.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
A professional skip tooth dog clipper blade.

Almost unobtainium at the normal $30 price although I found one from a small pet supply.

Can still get one on Amazon for $85 - $115 if you're lazy.

Best get to ferreting tangibles away that you regularly use if you havent already.
Good message... Thank you..... Those lazy people will soon have a garage full of broke down stuff... Too valuable to throw away and too expensive to repair. Historical with every economic down turn. Those discarded items show up next to the dumpsters because the owner can't bring himself to throw it in the bin... As rents rise and people are forced to move they will just walk off and leave stuff.

Just ordered a spare set of saw files, and other files for keeping my tools sharp.

Lately I’ve been focusing on ensuring I have the spare parts, and maintenance items needed for my hand tools. I already have everything I need, but am ensuring I have extra in case it’s hard to come by in the future. Have been stocking up on fasteners as well.

I can take wood from tree to furniture without a single power tool. I’ve always been a believer that every man should have a quality set of hand tools for general handy man maintenance tasks.

Reactions: Alpine 338
Just got back from Autozone to pick up a lightbulb (got an inspection ticket for my 3rd brake light being out) and their tool section looked barren. I couldn't believe it. I asked the guy at the register why and he said they aren't getting tools sent to restock. He said it's been that way for a few months now.

Just got back from Autozone to pick up a lightbulb (got an inspection ticket for my 3rd brake light being out) and their tool section looked barren. I couldn't believe it. I asked the guy at the register why and he said they aren't getting tools sent to restock. He said it's been that way for a few months now.

Found them!

ships-1536x735.jpg

• Sad

China Warns on Food Security as Coal Crunch Hits Fertilizers​

(Bloomberg) -- China once again warned of the impact of skyrocketing energy prices on fertilizer supplies and signaled concern that food security could be affected.
The National Development and Reform Commission said fertilizers are important for agricultural production and maintaining food security, and urged authorities to ensure stable prices and prioritize the supply of raw materials and energy to chemical fertilizer companies, according to a WeChat statement.

The global fertilizer market is on a tear due to extreme weather, plant shutdowns and government sanctions, hitting farmers already buckling under the strain of rising costs and stoking fears that food inflation could worsen. In China, the rally has caught the attention of regulators, adding to a range of commodities that Beijing is scrutinizing. The NDRC, China’s top economic planner, vowed in June to crack down on urea hoarding
and price gouging.

Costco confirmed it will start limiting purchases on essential household products for what has become a perfect storm of supply chain delays for many retailers.
"We are putting some limitations on key items like bath tissues, roll towels, Kirkland Signature water, high demand cleaning-related skews related to the uptick in the delta-related demand," Costco chief financial officer Richard Galanti said during the company’s fourth quarter earnings call.
Galanti estimates that Costco's overall price inflation for its products is now in the 3.5% to 4.5% range, up from the previous quarter's estimate of 2.5% to 3.5%.

Even considering shipping delays like the 60 container ships laid up outside Long Beach and Los Angeles... The shortages are world wide. No one is coming to save America because other countries are running short on their resources. An Example
______

BRIGHTON, England, Sept 26 (Reuters) - BP (BP.L) said nearly a third of its British petrol stations had run out of the two main grades of fuel on Sunday as panic buying continued despite the government pleading with motorists to behave normally and insisting there was no fundamental shortage.

London (CNN Business)Seafarers, truck drivers and airline workers have endured quarantines, travel restrictions and complex Covid-19 vaccination and testing requirements to keep stretched supply chains moving during the pandemic.
But many are now reaching their breaking point, posing yet another threat to the badly tangled network of ports, container vessels and trucking companies that moves goods around the world.

News from last couple days, multiple sources...

Expect microchip shortages to last through 2022

Toilet paper and bottled water is starting to be hoarded again. Costco has started restrictions on quantity.

I don't get it? With all the variants/strains of Covid, none are reporting to cause diarrhea, so why are the idiots starting to hoard toilet paper again?

Reactions: D-SIL
News from last couple days, multiple sources...

Expect microchip shortages to last through 2022

Toilet paper and bottled water is starting to be hoarded again. Costco has started restrictions on quantity.

I don't get it? With all the variants/strains of Covid, none are reporting to cause diarrhea, so why are the idiots starting to hoard toilet paper again?
Let them hoard that. You hoard pinto beans. You both can then trade back and forth. It’s a match made in heaven.

It is appearing that having a 6 month supply of essentials will become the norm:

UPS exec sees supply chain disarray extending into 2022​

It is appearing that having a 6 month supply of essentials will become the norm:

UPS exec sees supply chain disarray extending into 2022​

Having a 6 month supply of essentials makes you a domestic terrorist.

• Haha
I was at the grocery store yesterday, overall more empty shelves than during the height of the Covid buying panic.

I asked the clerk at the register, and she said the main problem they're are seeing is the shortage of CDL truck drivers delivering goods.

I was at the grocery store yesterday, overall more empty shelves than during the height of the Covid buying panic.

I asked the clerk at the register, and she said the main problem they're are seeing is the shortage of CDL truck drivers delivering goods.
I have been noticing bare spots on the shelves for a couple of months.

It would seem that Wegman's (grocery chain) has decided to forego stock a lot of the name brand product and instead are stocking their own brand. Wife went to buy Nabisco crackers and there was a sign that they have been discontinued. She went to buy Oscar Mayers bologna and same sign was posted.

I wonder if this is a national trend or just a company not being able to get product through the supply chain?

I have been noticing bare spots on the shelves for a couple of months.

There are a lot of bare spots, but look at the carts of the shoppers. They are overflowing. Light hording has started in my opinion with things getting worse by the day, how can you blame them.

There are a lot of bare spots, but look at the carts of the shoppers. They are overflowing. Light hording has started in my opinion with things getting worse by the day, how can you blame them.
I don’t blame them at all. Do all of you remember pre-COvId how FEMA and the .gov was actually recommending people to be prepared?

Now being prepared makes you a terrorist.

I'm starting to doubt the issue is a shortage of CDL drivers... That is becoming an excuse..... Just like the virus is an excuse. If our founding Father's had that many excuses, we would be bowing to the Crown.