• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The OFFICIAL 'Wuhan' Coronavirus outbreak information and tracking thread. NARRATIVE CHANGE. "Endemic, just like the cold". Cuomo regrets lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thought of the morning... All of those "transhumans" out there with multiple genders... Will their 200+ genders give them a genetic edge over COVID-19 that we normal humans do not have???

Will the virus respect their safe spaces and not infect them when they are in there???

Will Mother Gaia save them from it's effects after all they have done to worship the Earth? (And some have even worshipped Gaia "sexually", do they get more perks?)

Will the spiritual and philosophical enlightenment that these envirofreak progressives have over us gun toting, plastic using and fossil fuel burning brutes protect them against the disease???

LOL...

Clearing out several upper racks of our coat closet right now for storage of dried foodstuffs in the case of a prolonged period when we cannot, or do not want to go outdoors. Spaghetti, Shanghai dried noodles, Ragu sauce, they are good for at least a year and a half unopened, powdered seasoning packets, spices, salt, rice, etc...

Since the time my words have had authority in our household I have made sure that my mother always have her daily intake of essential nutrients. 1-2 Granny Smith apples per day, stir fried Bok Choy, red onions, bell peppers, fish, etc., and especially after her stroke and discharge from the care facility. She has hypertension but that is pretty much the extent of her chronic health conditions along with the lingering effects of the stroke of course. Her blood pressure had been normal 24/7 since her stroke when I began directly monitoring her medication daily. My GF had pretty much followed our diet since she had moved in with us and we are not too concerned about catching COVID-19 in the worst case. HOWEVER, we do not not want to catch it and potentially expose my mother to it, or her folks when she goes to see them...

Random thought of the morning... All of those "transhumans" out there with multiple genders... Will their 200+ genders give them a genetic edge over COVID-19 that we normal humans do not have???

Will the virus respect their safe spaces and not infect them when they are in there???

Will Mother Gaia save them from it's effects after all they have done to worship the Earth? (And some have even worshipped Gaia "sexually", do they get more perks?)

Will the spiritual and philosophical enlightenment that these envirofreak progressives have over us gun toting, plastic using and fossil fuel burning brutes protect them against the disease???

LOL...

Clearing out several upper racks of our coat closet right now for storage of dried foodstuffs in the case of a prolonged period when we cannot, or do not want to go outdoors. Spaghetti, Shanghai dried noodles, Ragu sauce, they are good for at least a year and a half unopened, powdered seasoning packets, spices, salt, rice, etc...

Since the time my words have had authority in our household I have made sure that my mother always have her daily intake of essential nutrients. 1-2 Granny Smith apples per day, stir fried Bok Choy, red onions, bell peppers, fish, etc., and especially after her stroke and discharge from the care facility. She has hypertension but that is pretty much the extent of her chronic health conditions along with the lingering effects of the stroke of course. Her blood pressure had been normal 24/7 since her stroke when I began directly monitoring her medication daily. My GF had pretty much followed our diet since she had moved in with us and we are not too concerned about catching COVID-19 in the worst case. HOWEVER, we do not not want to catch it and potentially expose my mother to it, or her folks when she goes to see them...

You are a good grandson.

That dish sounds pretty tasty too.

We have been eating a lot of fried cabbage, onions, bok choy with Wholefoods Thai sauce mixed in. Usually meat is cooked for on the side but next time Im shopping Ill get some flank steaks to cut into strips and stir fry in.

San Fran declares "state of emergency".

:rolleyes:

Deep down, even the most deranged libtard pols know that the homelessness, illegals and their overcrowded tenements lacking in hygiene, and drug addict communities that their policies have fostered is basically dried kindling for the approaching fire.

San Francisco is pretty much a forest comprised entirely of eucalyptus thickets when we are talking about a contagion.

Correction on my first statement: Libtard pols are not deranged at all, unlike their blue pill followers. They know exactly what they are doing. All they are interested in is unlimited power, voting base, and no resistance. These motherfuckers will be the first to flee for the hills with their armed guards when the flames approach on the horizon. Hope the locals destroy their roads and block them with fallen trees to prevent them from escaping once it happens.

Last edited:
Clearing out several upper racks of our coat closet right now for storage of dried foodstuffs in the case of a prolonged period when we cannot, or do not want to go outdoors.

Here's a good thing to also have on hand to help kill any extra time.

:cool:

Guys the CDC explained today they don’t expect it can be kept in quarantine. See the last couple of articles above.

From that I take it, they are going to let it run its course and manage where possible.

Exactly. The smart people in the room say that we need to stop thinking about this in terms of containment, and move on to management.

This is a situation that will require crisp, clear communication. Fortunately, we have trustworthy, well-spoken leaders and a media dedicated to accurate reporting. No, wait, I'm getting mixed up with a movie that I once saw. We're screwed.

Exactly. The smart people in the room say that we need to stop thinking about this in terms of containment, and move on to management.

This is a situation that will require crisp, clear communication. Fortunately, we have trustworthy, well-spoken leaders and a media dedicated to accurate reporting. No, wait, I'm getting mixed up with a movie that I once saw. We're screwed.

Post I made elsewhere......

Im still thinking this will be a nothing burger.

End result is it will be a stress test of the system and people are making tactical/strategic changes now as they see the vulnerabilities.

I think close to two trillion has been wiped from the market and politics aside shit gets real when money is lost/made.

Supply lines will be hardened, perhaps borders will be enhanced.....in other words MAGA.

The hype is part of the "never let any crisis go to waste" op plan of the tyrants.

That said take universal precautions, eat a healthy diet, watch at risk populations - people you would worry about if they got the flu.

We have a diabetic, Type I, in the family and any illness is cause for concern.

Stay hydrated, take vitamin C, buy some good stock bargains, be prepared with some gun mags if you end up spending a few days in bed........Carry On!

Deep down, even the most deranged libtard pols know that the homelessness, illegals and their overcrowded tenements lacking in hygiene, and drug addict communities that their policies have fostered is basically dried kindling for the approaching fire.

San Fransisco is pretty much a forest comprised entirely of eucalyptus thickets when we are talking about a contagion.

Correction on my first statement: Libtard pols are not deranged at all, unlike their blue pill followers. They know exactly what they are doing. All they are interested in is unlimited power, voting base, and no resistance. These motherfuckers will be the first to flee for the hills with their armed guards when the flames approach on the horizon. Hope the locals destroy their roads and block them with fallen trees to prevent them from escaping once it happens.
I think they smell large "emergency" funding coming from the federal coffers.
Doubt they care much for the locals.
The proof is walking the streets every day.

R

I’m curious to see how the virus will impact the scooter rental companies.

will the SF and LA people who ride rental scooters trust handgrips held by random people when the flu is spreading?

who makes n95 masks besides 3M? What stock has already popped due to Mask Hoardng?

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Just saw that chucky schumer wants like 9B for coronavirus "aid/funds".

SF state of emergency and now 9B...hmmm.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Edgecrusher

will the SF and LA people who ride rental scooters trust handgrips held by random people when the flu is spreading?

who makes n95 masks besides 3M? What stock has already popped due to Mask Hoardng?

My local home depot carries 3M, Millawakee and UDX brand n95 masks. Just checked and there is limited in store stock. Got a 80pk about 3 weeks ago. They aint cheap! Try your home depot, westlake or TSC. But you better get soon if you really want them.

My son is dating a little Chinese girl. She tokd me it's wad only a matter of time before it happened. The animal markets are disgusting. The disease passed from animal to human die to non existent food hygiene standards

How many people died last year from good old influenza....don't see the world freaking out over that.

People keep comparing to the Flu. Flu is less deadly yet more contagious maybe? Typically 0.1% annual death rate maybe except in severe instances? And how many of the number of reported deaths by flu are from people who where in the old folks home already knocking on the pearly gates?

Contrast that with corona virus victims falling over in the street suddenly or into a pile produce at the grocery store. They were well enough to carry on with their life and then suddenly are not. People with the flu aren't out and about and then suddenly falling over dead.

This new thing seems so far to be tracking somewhere between 2-3% death rate contrasted to percentage recovered based on limited info at hand. It won't be the end of the world, but appears to cause much more of a mess than the flu.

I think the biggest concern is that the incubation period is 2 - 14 days and apparently people can be contagious during this period but not show any symptoms. So you could get the virus 2 weeks before you got sick and people knew to avoid you....you could infect literally everyone you work with and your whole family before you had symptoms.

That's not the flu. Especially for guys like me that travel to big ass hospitals usually a coupe times a week. I do field Audio Visual Service and I'm in and out of all kinds of Medical facilities. If this thing goes pandemic, and it looks like it will, I might have to avoid these places where they need me the most.

Not panicking by any means but certainly preparing for a potentially long period of unemployment or at the very least some serious guarding and monitoring of my own health. I could maybe survive as I'm 64 and fit but my Wife is compromised and my Mom is 86 as is my MIL.

VooDoo

I think a lot of people throw those damned scooters off the piers at Manhattan Beach and Hermosa, don't they? I see a lot of them out in the the water; I hate tripping over those GD things on the sidewalk everywhere I go! Just another reason to toss them in the surf, to disinfect them!

I think the biggest concern is that the incubation period is 2 - 14 days and apparently people can be contagious during this period but not show any symptoms. So you could get the virus 2 weeks before you got sick and people knew to avoid you....you could infect literally everyone you work with and your whole family before you had symptoms.

That's not the flu. Especially for guys like me that travel to big ass hospitals usually a coupe times a week. I do field Audio Visual Service and I'm in and out of all kinds of Medical facilities. If this thing goes pandemic, and it looks like it will, I might have to avoid these places where they need me the most.

Not panicking by any means but certainly preparing for a potentially long period of unemployment or at the very least some serious guarding and monitoring of my own health. I could maybe survive as I'm 64 and fit but my Wife is compromised and my Mom is 86 as is my MIL.

VooDoo
Wear an n-95 when you go to the hospital, wash your hands when you leave hand sani at the truck and wash when you get home. Carry on as usual.

People keep comparing to the Flu. Flu is less deadly yet more contagious maybe? Typically 0.1% annual death rate maybe except in severe instances? And how many of the number of reported deaths by flu are from people who where in the old folks home already knocking on the pearly gates?

Contrast that with corona virus victims falling over in the street suddenly or into a pile produce at the grocery store. They were well enough to carry on with their life and then suddenly are not. People with the flu aren't out and about and then suddenly falling over dead.

This new thing seems so far to be tracking somewhere between 2-3% death rate contrasted to percentage recovered based on limited info at hand. It won't be the end of the world, but appears to cause much more of a mess than the flu.

As I understand it what seems to kill people is it’s tendency to cause the victim to develop pneumonia. Two years ago my brother had pneumonia at 21, he went to bed fine, woke up to tell my dad his side hurt then passed out standing up. When the EMT arrived they checked his pulse which was at 190+ and he spent 4 days in the hospital with AFIB and a fever that spiked to 103+.

Luckily things turned out all right for him but if that would have happened along with several thousand other people with similar symptoms loading down the hospital who knows what the outcome could have been?

Reactions: TACC
As I understand it what seems to kill people is it’s tendency to cause the victim to develop pneumonia.
It infects the lungs, so yes, but that doesn't change the fact that the mortality has been pretty consistent around 2%. That's been seen even in places that have modern healthcare systems. If it infects a large percentage of the world population, 2% of that could a lot of people.

Post I made elsewhere......

Im still thinking this will be a nothing burger.

End result is it will be a stress test of the system and people are making tactical/strategic changes now as they see the vulnerabilities.

I also believe that the most likely scenario is that this amounts to nothing, much like SARS, MERS, and Ebola.

And if that is the case, then I don't think that anything will change in a meaningful way. Individuals will not adapt healthier habits in an effort to become more resilient, and they will not stockpile necessary supplies. Companies will continue to employ increasingly-fragile supply chains in the pursuit of short-term profits. Governments will not take the opportunity to educate citizens or develop strategic stockpiles. The health care system will not add a single additional bed in pursuit of increasing capacity for a pandemic, unless that bed can be filled in the short term with a profitable patient.

The bottom line is that things won't changed until we suffer actual losses.

Reactions: TACC and nikonNUT
fucking democrat scum attacking trump for not doing enough.
how many remember them bashing trump for overreacting on Feb 2?

Whew, I'm glad the wife stocked up on everything we need from the Asian Market back in the fall when we were there! I think it might be a good time to put a little extra cash in the IRA too.

I also believe that the most likely scenario is that this amounts to nothing, much like SARS, MERS, and Ebola.
It’s already well beyond that. I would be very surprised if this didn’t exceed the 2009 flu, and it could well be closer to the 1918 flu in impact.

I haven't read this whole thread.........maybe the day it started, but WTF...........why is the world coming unglued over this.............CDC says world wide 8,2166 cases of the Coronavirus..........2,803 deaths..............2019-2020 flu season ...............29 million cases......more than 16,000 deaths............,

Why is this such a big deal?

Hell........check the CDC numbers...........3700 killed daily in auto accidents................again WTF.........why is this being publicized as such a big deal?

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavyAssault
I haven't read this whole thread.........maybe the day it started, but WTF...........why is the world coming unglued over this.............CDC says world wide 8,2166 cases of the Coronavirus..........2,803 deaths..............2019-2020 flu season ...............29 million cases......more than 16,000 deaths............,

Hell........check the CDC numbers...........3700 killed daily in auto accidents................again WTF.........why is this being publicized as such a big deal?

1.) It spreads easily, as the incubation time is long (as long as 14-20+ days) and people seem to be shedding virus without showing symptoms (either during incubation or because they never develop symptoms).

2.) Those who show symptoms can be ill for up to 3 weeks (that's your 82K+ reported cases) and about 20% of them seem to need hospitalization to deal with the pneumonia.

3.) About 10% of those who end up hospitalized die, and many of the others survive with some sort of organ damage (lungs, cardiovascular, liver, etc).

4.) The more advanced countries with the most recent outbreaks (Italy and S.Korea) show a rapid increase in cases and in deaths, though the total numbers are still small. Also, in Italy they have yet to identify the person who initially brought the disease into the country, suggesting they are either an asymptomatic carrier, or that they recovered from a mild case of the disease after spreading it to an unknown number of others.

I think a lot of the concern is at least as much about the potential for something like this to cause economic disruption, as we've seen in China, as it is about lots of people actually dying from the disease. Lots of people sick for 3 weeks at a time, with about 20% ending up in the hospital, will cause some major disruption if it becomes widespread.

Just a guess, but I'd bet we'll eventually see this virus occur seasonally through out the world, just as we do with Flu. There's really no hope of effectively containing it, a vaccine is a year of more away, and even when we do have a vaccine it will likely need to constantly change as the virus mutates (as we do know with Flu vaccines).

Or everyone raising the alarm could be completely wrong and it could be nothing in a few months.

Because of several reasons, first is you are contagious for 2 weeks before ever showing signs that you are sick. Think of all the people you interact with daily, then think of the people they interact with and so forth. By the time the first person realizes they have it potentially hundreds of people are infected and the cycle repeats.

Second the Flu in your example has a death rate of 0.05%, this virus is 2+% so if it infects 29 million people like the regular flu that is 600,000+ people dead. The Spanish Flu of 1918 infected 500 Million people and killed 50 to 100 million in just two short years when the world was far less accessible and far less populated than it is today.

So while at the current time it isn’t all that bad and mainly confined to China look at it this way, it started in a single market in China and in less than 3 months infected 81,000 people across 40 countries and that’s only what we know of with the total likely being much higher.

I’ve been watching this thread pretty closely and from what I gather no one is very concerned. The CDC coming out and saying that a US outbreak is imminent seemed to shake a lot of local folks up from what I’ve seen today.

despite the obvious that we have all spoken about..

first issue is how long is the incubation period...currently unknown.

one report said possibly over 20 days but that was not pier reviewed, so in medical terms...no true..yet

second is testing accuracy and how long into the incubation period before you test positive.

then its how many false positives and how many false negatives.

the longer the test positive to post incubation period is the amount of time you need to stay in a hospital, if current treatments dont do much.

that puts a huge strain on medical facilities.

they are created with certain amount of seat time per patient for turnover = space/beds

if everyone needs to stay in the hospital 2x longer than usual they run out of beds and supplies etc.

there are now a few reports of "cured" people possibly becoming sick again. true/ false/ unknown

first, was that person "cured"

if so was that test accurate

does the virus change for a second go around

we have to remember this is a military/weaponized virus no matter what the chinese say in 3 months

most likely it will not act like the common flu and just go away easy

im not prepping but im also not going to a public pool anytime soon

i have also not heard how long the virus lasts out of body yet.

some virus last only a few minutes and some last 4-6 days on hard surfaces (soft surfaces have shorter times in general)

to much up in the air currently, to not take precautions

im not CDC but i slept in a holiday in last night...prob got the virus fromthere...lol

People think information in the US will flow freely :rolleyes:

Once the Technocrats get in on the action just like the trial runs they are doing now with the "vaccine deniers" and all mention of anything the government doesn't like is blocked in real time from twitter, FB, Instagram, google, apple and the like, I bet many folks have no clue how to communicate effectively with others.
They are already doing that on all the social media they control. SHadow bans hiding posts from deplorables. ETc.

I have bad lungs.
My wife works in an airport.

It has really been a pleasure hanging out with you fellas over the years. My Apache customized Anschutz MPR will be bequeefed by lottery. Good luck gentlemen.
I have bad lungs and live in a tourist mecca. The good Lord could take me any time he wants, but so far he has let me slide.

I just hate the fact I live in a time where credible journalism is no loner credible. Where you can't believe anything with certainty. Instead of calm factual info, you get hysterical sky is falling shit. I have no idea on how to make a assessment of the current situation. All I can do is not be stupid and hope for the best.

If this turns out to be nothing. That is both a good and bad thing. Good that it's nothing, but bad that we live in times where panic is profitable.

PS I would love to know who was shorting before the panic drop.

They are already doing that on all the social media they control. SHadow bans hiding posts from deplorables. ETc.

Use a different social media.

Lots of sites you can say anything you want.

Granted, these sites tend to attract all sorts of characters, so I am not condoning what is posted on these sites. Just saying that they are widely available.

I have bad lungs and live in a tourist mecca. The good Lord could take me any time he wants, but so far he has let me slide.

I just hate the fact I live in a time where credible journalism is no loner credible. Where you can't believe anything with certainty. Instead of calm factual info, you get hysterical sky is falling shit. I have no idea on how to make a assessment of the current situation. All I can do is not be stupid and hope for the best.

If this turns out to be nothing. That is both a good and bad thing. Good that it's nothing, but bad that we live in times where panic is profitable.

PS I would love to know who was shorting before the panic drop.

I tell you what.
If it does turn in to a nothing burger, and the Dems prints are found on the panic button, the blowback is gonna make that impeachment blunder look like a paper cut.

Reactions: wildcats and FS1
My wife is flying to Europe on Saturday and will be there for a week. No worries about being in Holland or Belgium because of meetings, plants, work per se, but between Detroit and Schiphol international airports, and that she stays at a super nice hotel (in the town were Phillips is headquartered) that is an international menagerie of guests,...I am concerned. We talked about wearing a mask, not touching shit, washing hands at every opportunity, etc.

1627F1C6-37A8-4D7B-B831-155C43851A89.jpeg

My wife is flying to Europe on Saturday and will be there for a week. No worries about being in Holland or Belgium because of meetings, plants, work per se, but between Detroit and Schiphol international airports, and that she stays at a super nice hotel (in the town were Phillips is headquartered) that is an international menagerie of guests,...I am concerned. We talked about wearing a mask, not touching shit, washing hands at every opportunity, etc.

not being crazy...

tell her to put her clothes in a plastic/garbage bag inside the luggage
open luggage
wash hands
remove clothes etc
turn bag inside out and put travel cloths in
remove bed spread (they are almost never washed)
bring pillow case
put a ziplock over the remote

a friend used to clean hotel rooms, always told me never touch the remote or bedspread then dont do much with those

the rest is common sense like you have suggested

vigorous washing of hands, sanitizer and soap dont kill the virus but it does help with the removal from the skin (edited for accuracy)

fast running water and scrubbing mechanically removes the virus from your hands

dont touch your face in general

on the plane:

sit toward the front if possible, studies have shown there is a higher percentage of O2 in the front of the plane and there is more air movement. possible because of less human density

do not touch the other seats headrest while boarding or going to bathroom, that is where most human/moisture/virus land when sneezing or coughing

magazine pocket is dirtiest (never ever use) followed by tray then armrests

bring wipes for those

bring food/snack from home, if having a beverage make sure its a can or bottle. ask for them not to open it, do it yourself

more than that isnt really attainable all things equal

Last edited:
I like how people here think the math will never change. Like there's a locked in ratio of infections to deaths. Cause there is nothing that can change in the "formula" cause it's a "law" . Variables exist, and new ones can be created at any time.

Yes, these new variables could mean a worse result of the virus......but then again...they can contribute to a better result.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Status
Not open for further replies.