• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The OFFICIAL 'Wuhan' Coronavirus outbreak information and tracking thread. NARRATIVE CHANGE. "Endemic, just like the cold". Cuomo regrets lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pass a gas station with 4 pumps. There’s four vehicles at the pumps and one or two lined up waiting. There’s normally somewhere between 0 and 1 vehicle there. First thing I do is look at my fuel gauge. Next I turn on the radio. I start wondering how much fuel I have at home.
how many people would it take hitting the grocery stores buying all the water to cause a panic? In a small city, not many imho. If it did cause a panic buy, it would spread to surrounding areas.

I actually have the answer to that. It happened here in North Texas not too long ago thanks to that abomination Facebook.

There was a big storm down south, and on Facebook the rumours started spreading like crazy one afternoon that there was going to be a fuel shortage. Despite the government saying it had not disrupted supplies and they could see all the fuel transport was running on schedule.

Mid afternoon all was good.... By evening it was a madhouse with lines at gas stations all over.
For the first time in like 25 years I saw our local city police having to be at the gas stations to keep order....

By the morning there was no fuel to be had pretty much anywhere.

There was not much the government could do, they were like.... you idiots... gas supplies are coming in as usual, but you know if everybody wants to fill up their car and every plastic jug in their house all at once........

It took about 3 days for the panic to subside and gas to be being back to plentiful again, by the time a week had gone by all was back to normal with no lines at the gas stations.

I was rather happy I had just bought a hybrid with a large gas tank that got 50 mpg so I didn't really have to worry about filling up for a week or more.

You don't need any actual event to cause crazy.
Sheeple are fully capable of causing problems just on their own phones.

Another thing to consider is this: it is well-known that different ethnicities differ in their susceptibility to individual pathogens. For example, blacks are more susceptible to mycobacterium tuberculosis than either whites or asians, but more resilient to influenza A than whites. Each pathogen is a different story.

China and Korea have largely homogenous asian populations while America is very heterogeneous with a low percentage of people of asian descent. You can bet that America's populace will not be affected the same as China and Korea. The real question is, will it hit us harder or softer than it's hitting them?

The real question is, will it hit us harder or softer than it's hitting them?

We have this concept called "Personal Space", and once you get away from the big evil communist run cities, we have a lot of space between things.
That is probably going to be a key point in how fast something spreads.

Another thing to consider is this: it is well-known that different ethnicities differ in their susceptibility to individual pathogens. For example, blacks are more susceptible to mycobacterium tuberculosis than either whites or asians, but more resilient to influenza A than whites. Each pathogen is a different story.

China and Korea have largely homogenous asian populations while America is very heterogeneous with a low percentage of people of asian descent. You can bet that America's populace will not be affected the same as China and Korea. The real question is, will it hit us harder or softer than it's hitting them?

Hawaii will put that theory to the test real quick. Still no testing kits here, so it's anyone's guess how many are actually infected here right now, but there are definitely people infected....2 infected Japanese tourists spent 10 days here at the beginning of the month.

Greta or Covid-19 sure made them Chinese cut emissions
79ff41dd670804d5fccbd7c62e0ff3a1181af1c2818b5aa2b53ec585d83330f1.jpg

Interesting.

Wonder if the chinese people who have been out of work will get back-pay? They should right? Being communist and all...

I still havent seen any more definitive reports on how long the virus can survive outside a host.

Holy crap...

So things might get interesting for the world economy when all the good that should have been manufactured don't show up on retail shelves, auto plants, etc. And then there are the multinational companies that depends upon Chinese demand to generate profit (<cough> GM) that now will struggle to hit their forward guidance, even if there is only a gap of maybe a month or so.

Last edited:
Interesting.

Wonder if the chinese people who have been out of work will get back-pay? They should right? Being communist and all...

I still havent seen any more definitive reports on how long the virus can survive outside a host.
Bro it don't matter it's all over in 12 years anyway.....plus Coronavirus accelerator? Pfft. Just lay back and watch the end of the world with your fav brown water should be sometime this week.

giphy.gif

The virus is mainly killing old people.

It’s barely worse than be flu unless you are over 65.

About .2% death rate for young people

It has about a 15% death rate for the elderly over 80.

The virus is mainly killing old people.

It’s barely worse than be flu unless you are over 65.

About .2% death rate for young people

It has about a 15% death rate for the elderly over 80.
I have a neighbor who is convinced this is going to be like the Flu Pandemic of 1889. Not kidding has barely left the house the last 10 days just sit inside and stew over latest death updates.

Last edited:
We have this concept called "Personal Space", and once you get away from the big evil communist run cities, we have a lot of space between things.
That is probably going to be a key point in how fast something spreads.

A. That opinion has exactly nothing to do with genetic influence on immune response to SARS-CoV-2.

B. Having "a lot of space between things" may have been a factor in the horse-drawn buggy days, but people have these things called cars now.

Reactions: TACC
A. That opinion has exactly nothing to do with genetic influence on immune response to SARS-CoV-2.

B. Having "a lot of space between things" may have been a factor in the horse-drawn buggy days, but people have these things called cars now.

I'm not sure if you have been to China or Asia much, but if you have, you'll understand why it spreads so quickly there and why it WILL be a much slower spread here and more easily contained.

Yes we have cars.... little individual boxes that people sit in and drive isolated from others..... as compared to being essentially face to face on packed trains, buses, ferries or streets where you have to practically push your way through.

We have houses on nice little lots......

Try when you have 50 story apartment complexes all packed tightly together with 20,000+ sharing essentially the same air passageways..

The biggest problem in most places here is the schools. Shut the schools and daycare centers down and tell people to keep their kids at actual home and you'll find transmission rates plummeting.

Had some room in the freezer, so bought a bunch of meats that freeze well (pork butts, loins and sausages). Purchased at Walmart. The reason I went to Walmart was because I’m pretty sure Walmart shoppers in my ao ain’t doing any international travel. Lol

I'm not sure if you have been to China or Asia much, but if you have, you'll understand why it spreads so quickly there and why it WILL be a much slower spread here and more easily contained.

Yes we have cars.... little individual boxes that people sit in and drive isolated from others..... as compared to being essentially face to face on packed trains, buses, ferries or streets where you have to practically push your way through.

We have houses on nice little lots......

Try when you have 50 story apartment complexes all packed tightly together with 20,000+ sharing essentially the same air passageways..

The biggest problem in most places here is the schools. Shut the schools and daycare centers down and tell people to keep their kids at actual home and you'll find transmission rates plummeting.
So you’re saying that 1 confirmed case in Chicago will likely become like 5 or more?

Hate to be doom and gloom, but it's already spreading unchecked in the U.S. Fewer than 500 people in this entire country have even been tested for the virus in the first place. Gov't is trying to keep people (and the market) from panicking. At this point, the numbers China is releasing are infinitely more accurate than what our own government has, and those fuckers lie about everything. Once there's a reliable test that doesn't rely on CDC-provided kits, expect the number to skyrocket overnight.

I'm not saying the world is ending, but people are fucking stupid and there will be mass panic.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html

Incompetency, stupidity and negligence everywhere

Hate to be doom and gloom, but it's already spreading unchecked in the U.S. Fewer than 500 people in this entire country have even been tested for the virus in the first place. Gov't is trying to keep people (and the market) from panicking. At this point, the numbers China is releasing are infinitely more accurate than what our own government has, and those fuckers lie about everything. Once there's a reliable test that doesn't rely on CDC-provided kits, expect the number to skyrocket overnight.

I'm not saying the world is ending, but people are fucking stupid and there will be mass panic.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
I agree. I think I have had it since Thursday last week. I never travel and work in a small office. My wife brings shit home from work. Friday was the worst. My temp was 103.5. Its been a constant 101, my breathing sounds like a frog. My wife is a PRN, so she has been medicating me. She wanted to take me to the ER friday. I felt I needed to go, but just couldnt get up to go. Besides, i hate hospitals, and dont want to be part of the stupidity. Im actually feeling better this morning. Still 100.5 temp and congested sounding breathing. I can hear gurgling in my breathing, im sure its much louder in my head than what others would hear.

Thursday my throat hurt, then thursday after dinner everything went to shit.

Im 45, fit, and healthy. I had the H1N1 in 2009. This has been worse, but I'm still alive and getting better. Maybe its just the flu????? Either way, its a flu, we get it every year....not sure why this one is different.

I asked my wife if she needed to quarantine herself....she laughed. She said you cant quarantine a flu virus.

Reactions: smoooth1
Glad to see the data on fatalities stratified by age. Extremely low risk of fatality under age 50. Symptoms for the wife, kids and me would likely be like 3 weeks of very severe flu.

We just had the regular flu as a family last month, and I can tell you taking care of sick toddlers while you're sick is living hell. I just bought a 6 month supply of all our consumables, so we won't have to leave the house when this gets here -not because I'm afraid any of us will need hospitalization, but because I would like to avoid 3 weeks of hell if I can.

Risk to Age groups is just a simplification for the plebs , its realy down to how many chronic dieseases folks have , heart condition, diabetes,high blood pressure any respiratory stuff ........ each of these boxes ticked greatly increases the mortality rate.

And yes like PolarisBrach said you can bet your money that there is far more COVID-19 cases than is being reported , at present scope of screening and testing is far to small to relly on for real numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: MCSO1357
I just meant that, even after this runs its course, it'll be like h1n1. A few people will catch it every year, and every decade or so there will be a nasty outbreak, pretty much forever.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie and Fig
I just meant that, even after this runs its course, it'll be like h1n1. A few people will catch it every year, and every decade or so there will be a nasty outbreak, pretty much forever.

Probably true.

The WHO is full of globalists and can be expected to "never let a crisis go to waste".

Grinding the economy to a halt would be in their interests to quell the resurgence of nationalism.

I think a policy that isolates those at risk during flare ups makes more sense than having everyone shuttering their doors.

Makes sense. Indians catch smallpox really easy.

The WHO muppet just gave the equivalent of Reagan's UFO speech but substituted this virus in place of the little green men.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
So the WHO doesn't know what they are dealing with yet want containment measures put in place to buy time for health care to ramp up capacity. They are prasing China's methods. Watch the replay if you don't believe it. Containment is what they are preaching.

Then you have this. Which one has to wonder why the CDC has done such a shitty job at containment. They stopped ebola at the gates under Obama, but are letting this one right on through.

This one is about a thousand times more transmissible than African, hemorrhagic fever in all it's glorious forms. Most of those have about a 50% mortality rate, and like smallpox it is a nasty, nasty, painful virus. I haven't seen any figures, but I'll bet even if you survive it you loose years and maybe decades off your life. Obama did virtually nothing to stop Ebola, but it was never going to spread fast outside Africa because you have to come into contact with body fluids.

There's not much Trump can do either. He's done what he could by initially cutting off air travel to China... To which the left, who now claim he hasn't done enough, cried RAAAAAAACIST!!!!!

I think this is a done deal now because of the long incubation period. I think it's everywhere, and uncontainable.

I totally agree that this will be another flu-like virus running around forever, and once people get over the initial shock and see it as just another flu the panic will stop, but it will get a lot worse first.

I'm betting the CDC aint staffed with Trump tards that want to see his reelection.

Politico was out in front of this 5 days ago. So we can all discount that angle as conspiracy babel right?

Fig, many hospitals are apparently already stretched thin with the flu.

Add this on top and what do you get?

Something akin to China?

I'm betting the CDC aint staffed with Trump tards that want to see his reelection.

Politico was out in front of this 5 days ago. So we can all discount that angle as conspiracy babel right?

Fig, many hospitals are apparently already stretched thin with the flu.

Add this on top and what do you get?

Something akin to China?

Are you serious?? We are discussing the potential impact and logistics of a novel, highly-communicable pathogen, and you actually just brought Trump/never-Trump political conspiracy theories into it, as though that is somehow relevant to this discussion.

Seeing Trump everywhere, in everything, supernaturally empowered by the dark forces, working 24 hours a day to bring about our demise must really take its toll. Perhaps you should think about getting help. Mental health professionals provide a variety of services from individual counseling to group therapy and medication.

Are you serious?? We are discussing the potential impact and logistics of a novel, highly-communicable pathogen, and you actually just brought Trump/never-Trump political conspiracy theories into it, as though that is somehow relevant to this discussion.

Seeing Trump everywhere, in everything, supernaturally empowered by the dark forces, working 24 hours a day to bring about our demise must really take its toll. Perhaps you should think about getting help. Mental health professionals provide a variety of services from individual counseling to group therapy and medication.

Calm down Francis.

We can look at angles without getting triggered can't we?

Calm down Francis.

We can look at angles without getting triggered can't we?

Triggered is the term for an irrational, emotional reaction to facts that challenge an erroneous world-view.

Calling you out for bringing political conspiracy theories "angles" into a scientific discussion of pathogens is rational.

Reactions: dallinrdewitt
Triggered is the term for an irrational, emotional reaction to facts that challenge an erroneous world-view.

Calling you out for bringing political conspiracy theories "angles" into a scientific discussion of pathogens is rational.

Conspiracies are tangible items in the real world.

I'm sorry that makes your butt hurt.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn

According to the Johns Hopkins tracker, there are 45,393 total recovered and 3048 deaths for a total of 48441 resolved cases. That's a 6.3% mortality rate as of right now if my math is correct. Anybody know what date the 2% mortality rate was originally reported?

Conspiracies are tangible items in the real world.

I'm sorry that makes your butt hurt.

President Trump was reportedly furious after a State Department doctor ignored the President’s orders and allowed Americans, sick with the coronavirus, to return to the US from Japan.
Dr. William Walters, Executive Director and Managing Director for Operational Medicine for the Bureau of Medical Services at the U.S. Department of State, made the decision to bring the patients back to the US.

Dr. William Walters is a holdover from the Obama administration.
The good doctor made the call despite the president’s wishes and then went out and bragged about it.

According to the Johns Hopkins tracker, there are 45,393 total recovered and 3048 deaths for a total of 48441 resolved cases. That's a 6.3% mortality rate as of right now if my math is correct. Anybody know what date the 2% mortality rate was originally reported?
You'd have to include all diagnosed to get a case rate. 3048/89,254 = .034 or 3.4%. Plus these are a rolling number if it's done properly it's over a defined period of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odysseus1911
Status
Not open for further replies.