• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The OFFICIAL 'Wuhan' Coronavirus outbreak information and tracking thread. NARRATIVE CHANGE. "Endemic, just like the cold". Cuomo regrets lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the article....

"He reminded that patients with conscious disturbances must consider the possibility that the virus MAY attack the central nervous system."

"However, no central nervous system involvement has been reported"

My quote....

"YAWN!"

From the article....

"He reminded that patients with conscious disturbances must consider the possibility that the virus MAY attack the central nervous system."

"However, no central nervous system involvement has been reported"

My quote....

"YAWN!"

Article is poorly written as are most these days. But what is this?

""According to the introduction of Beijing Ditan Hospital, two suspected cases of new-type coronavirus pneumonia have been treated since January 12 this year (confirmed on January 20). As of 7:00 on March 4, the hospital has accumulatively received 150 patients with new-type coronavirus pneumonia, of which the above patient is the only patient with new type of coronavirus pneumonia and encephalitis. ""

Article is poorly written as are most these days. But what is this?

""According to the introduction of Beijing Ditan Hospital, two suspected cases of new-type coronavirus pneumonia have been treated since January 12 this year (confirmed on January 20). As of 7:00 on March 4, the hospital has accumulatively received 150 patients with new-type coronavirus pneumonia, of which the above patient is the only patient with new type of coronavirus pneumonia and encephalitis. ""

He is the ONLY patient exhibiting encephalitis.

We are lead to believe some 80K had the novel virus two weeks ago.

In a population of 80K, taken from a population of over a billion that eats uncooked eels and what not, would it be super unusual for one to have some brain swelling?

Things seem to be rosy in China. US stock market is down 4% while Shanghai Exchange is up 2%. The CEO's of every world wide company with factories in China are saying their production is back to 100% and the Chinese will market a vaccine for the virus any day. I'm sure all of this will pass in a few weeks.... ;) For all of you that constantly ask for a link to quoted information... Here is is.

Hobo

Mexico been sitting at 5 confirmed cases for several days.

Interesting.

Oh and Turkey with zero cases.

Yep.

Things seem to be rosy in China. US stock market is down 4% while Shanghai Exchange is up 2%. The CEO's of every world wide company with factories in China are saying their production is back to 100% and the Chinese will market a vaccine for the virus any day. I'm sure all of this will pass in a few weeks.... ;) For all of you that constantly ask for a link to quoted information... Here is is.

Hobo

This all about the election, if they dont start something new now it will be out of control in a few weeks. We are so screwed going forward, prepare for something big to happen.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
I had a feeling we would get hit early on with the Atl airport being the major hub for international air travel . I'm surprised it wasn't sooner.

So is this going to be like the walking dead, only without the zombies .

And with this all being so new and so little known, do we know for sure they WON'T turn into zombies !

Shouldnt we aire on the side of caution and consider a double tap to the head of expired patients just in case until we know for sure ??
Rule #2. Always doubletap

F9565E5A-6C36-4941-9DC7-ED940DDB4876.jpeg

These guys have put together a fairly comprehensive review of current information

Good tips in there. Don’t discount the power of vitamin C. Take the right kind at high dosages tho or you’ll crap your pants.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Good tips in there. Don’t discount the power of vitamin C. Take the right kind at high dosages tho or you’ll crap your pants.

crapping your pants is when you know you are taking enough vitamin c...

During my childhood, my dad was (and still is) an extremely vocal sneezer, which would piss me off to no end. Now being a dad myself, i find this habit curiously attractive myself, and have taken to screaming "WOOO-han!" every time i sneeze. Fun times..

Reactions: MCSO1357 and TACC
Well it's within 35 miles of me now,... seems the folks went to the ER 2-3 weeks ago an were told it was the Flu. They went back 2 days ago an are now being told it's the C/V. Wonder how many were exposed in that time frame?

Bob Marley said it best,...

• Wow
Reactions: SWgeezer
Pass this around.

""At my hospital in Daegu, South Korea, all inpatients and all staff members have been using vitamin C orally since last week. Some people this week had a mild fever, headaches and coughs, and those who had symptoms got 30,000 mg intravenous vitamin C. Some people got better after about two days, and most had symptoms go away after one injection." (Hyoungjoo Shin, M.D.) "

Pass this around.

""At my hospital in Daegu, South Korea, all inpatients and all staff members have been using vitamin C orally since last week. Some people this week had a mild fever, headaches and coughs, and those who had symptoms got 30,000 mg intravenous vitamin C. Some people got better after about two days, and most had symptoms go away after one injection." (Hyoungjoo Shin, M.D.) "

I hate to admit it but...

We started a daily vitamin C and D^3 regimen about 3 weeks ago. Just taking the recommended doses listed, which is about 250% DV of each. Probably will not help but shouldnt hurt either.

We started a daily vitamin C and D^3 regimen about 3 weeks ago. Just taking the daily recommended values. Probably will not help but shouldnt hurt either.

I had a paper published on Vit D. You'd be surprised at the implications of being deficient, and a significant number of people are.

Reactions: Bender
I had a paper published on Vit D. You'd be surprised at the implications of being deficient, and a significant number of people are.

Funny you should say this...

One thing I can tell you for sure. Since starting the vitamin C and D^3 I have been sleeping better than I have for years. I tend to be a night owl to begin with, yet I am also an early riser usually awake by 0500 no matter what time I go to bed. Been sleeping more soundly and feeling more refreshed.

IDK if its the D^3 or what. I have taken C before and it never helped my sleep in the past, so I am thinking either non related or the D^3 is in fact contributing to this improvement.

We started a daily vitamin C and D^3 regimen about 3 weeks ago. Just taking the recommended doses listed, which is about 250% DV of each. Probably will not help but shouldnt hurt either.

Your dose is probably decent preventative for occasional contact with viral pathogens. In the video from the Chinese Dr. above he described a woman who was caring for her sick mother who was later diagnosed with covid-19. This woman apparently was taking 20,000mg of C "tablets" daily during that time and as he says does not show any symptoms after taking care of the mother.

His statement, not mine, but very interesting.

You’d be surprised at how ineffective supplementation of these vitamins has been in multiple clinical trials. Being deficient in vitamins is usually a symptom of being generally unhealthy, not the cause.

Reactions: Odysseus1911
You’d be surprised at how ineffective supplementation of these vitamins has been in multiple clinical trials. Being deficient in vitamins is usually a symptom of being generally unhealthy, not the cause.

Yup, I've read the same. That the absorption rates of certain supplements and their purity is and can be suspect.

But not all supplements are created equal, right?

Yup, I've read the same. That the absorption rates of certain supplements and their purity is and can be suspect.

But not all supplements are created equal, right?

Correct

A main factor in supplements and effectiveness is bioavailability.

Basically, how much of the dose/ pill is actually absorbed into your system.

And yes not all supplements are created equal, price doesn’t always match up but better supplements utilize higher grade raw materials which generally cost more.

Then there are the excipients which are added to the active raw materials. Those excipients are needed for taste/color/equipment lubrication etc.

If the formula or coating (color/shine) is not RD properly, you can actually make a tablet that doesn’t disintegrate and passed right through.

Austin Texas cancels its big tech and art fest due to virus.

Mayor declared an emergency and shut it down.

Evidently this is a large event.

What is next.

How about we shut the irs due to an over abundance of caution.
It's a huge event with over 400k in attendance last year. I'm just thankful that it also means a separate industry conference I was dreading attending will also be cancelled. Fuck Austin...a sleazy, liberal shithole. that used to be quite nice.

Little chode springrolls. The ones we get down here are damn near as long as my dick.

Chung juan: Proper spring rolls. Extremely phallic... Almost approaching "anything...if you are brave enough" status. Usually served in proper restaurant settings with rotating table centerpiece and 8+ guests. A Shanghai phenomenon.

Dan juan: 'Egg rolls'. Much more miniaturized. Still phallic nonetheless. Most of the frozen, instant fry, just add oil varieties that you will find in any Chinese or Korean supermarket falls into that category...

@clcustom1911 : BON APPETIT... That looks mighty awesome there. Is that dark vinegar in the bottom pic? Dark vinegar is renowned as a natural antiseptic in China. Even today, in the most advanced hospitals in Shanghai or Beijing, rooms and corridors are fumigated with methanol canister powered dark vinegar steamers. Pungent, but in a good way.

Chung juan: Proper spring rolls. Extremely phallic... Almost approaching "anything...if you are brave enough" status. Usually served in proper restaurant settings with rotating table centerpiece and 8+ guests. A Shanghai phenomenon.

Dan juan: 'Egg rolls'. Much more miniaturized. Still phallic nonetheless. Most of the frozen, instant fry, just add oil varieties that you will find in any Chinese or Korean supermarket falls into that category...

@clcustom1911 : BON APPETIT... That looks mighty awesome there. Is that dark vinegar in the bottom pic? Dark vinegar is renowned as a natural antiseptic in China. Even today, in the most advanced hospitals in Shanghai or Beijing, rooms and corridors are fumigated with methanol canister powered dark vinegar steamers. Pungent, but in a good way.
Shrimp Chung juan. Oxymoron?

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
During my life time, I've had Registered Nurses (RN's) save my life while the Doctor's were too busy to look at me. Unsettling article. I'll give a link but this can be verified in many places.

Hobo

Quarantined nurse raises alarms over being denied coronavirus test

The Executive Director of National Nurses United reads a statement from a quarantined nurse who is being denied coronavirus testing: "What a ridiculous and uneducated response from the department that is in charge or our countries health."

Last edited:
The science, according to the CDC, says that surgical masks won’t stop the wearer from inhaling small airborne particles, which can cause infection. Nor do these masks form a snug seal around the face. The CDC recommends surgical masks only for people who already show symptoms of coronavirus

But, but, but .......

As part of the government-wide efforts to respond to the global outbreak of the 2019 novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services intends to purchase 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months for the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS).

The science, according to the CDC, says that surgical masks won’t stop the wearer from inhaling small airborne particles, which can cause infection. Nor do these masks form a snug seal around the face. The CDC recommends surgical masks only for people who already show symptoms of coronavirus

But, but, but .......

As part of the government-wide efforts to respond to the global outbreak of the 2019 novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services intends to purchase 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months for the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS).

Surgical masks =/= n95 respirators

A surgical mask is designed to catch contagion exhaled by the wearer (that's why they are worn during surgery).

An n95 respirator is a different type of mask. They fit more tightly to the face and are designed to catch particles from the environment when the wearer inhales. Many disposable n95 masks have an exhalation valve to make them more comfortable, something that would defeat the entire purpose of a surgical mask.

An n95 mask would help to keep someone safe if they were exposed to the virus (like a nurse treating an infected patient).

A surgical mask would be appropriate for a sick person to wear, in an effort to avoid infecting others. As PPE the biggest benefit to a surgical mask is probably that it can serve as a reminder not to touch your face, and so may reduce your chances of infecting yourself.

Last edited:
Very funny bullshit from the expert medical gurus.

They will be the first to don a mask of any kind they can get but tell you stupid civilians you don't need it.

Must all be Democrats.
Lying out the side of thier mask as usual.

They don't want to run out of masks you are hoarding.

Plain and simple.

So a cruise ship with 5,000 people on it came in to SF a few days ago. One guy got off, went home to Sacramento or something, was diagnosed with CV, died and then they traced him back to the ship and now it's in the middle of the ocean but turned around because they have 21 cases of CV on board. Evidently it's good to come back to SF because they no nothing about quarantine in Molokai...

But who knows how many infected people got off the ship before it left?

I think we are going to get hit really hard soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I actually watched an interview on the news that the medical expert was concerened that if the public gets hold of all the masks that the medical workers will run out.

Furthermore he said that the medical staff should be in charge of doaling them out as they see fit.

I about lost my shit.
Communist piece of shit.

Exactly like another situation isn't it.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
This would be a speed bump in a non-election year. Trump’s q&a was painful to listen today as it had a bunch of his usual foibles when he goes off page. I wish he’d learn to just STFU because the underlying message was good.

Trump's handling of the virus situation seems lackluster.

Some of the things that he has said sound like me on a drunk rant in the bear pit.

I think my President should encurage the people he has in charge to make haste.

And maybe just stfu for a change.

Don't get me wrong he is still my mf.

Status
Not open for further replies.