• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The one gun you'll never sell

Re: The one gun you'll never sell

Model 94 in .32-40, purchased by my great-grandfather.

The old 38 smith my great grandpa used to kill pigs on the farm with. My grandpa gave it to me after grandma died.

march07171.jpg

My father-in-law was set to retire with 28 years in upon returning from Afghanistan. He was set to go back to working full time with out state parks service, and had previously talked about wanting to find a compact 1911 in 40 S&W. Without him knowing about it I built this for him as a retirement gift. Officer frame, commander slide flat topped and serrated, all checkering hand cut 30 lpi. With less than 6 months to go he had a major stroke, and never made it home. The only change I made to the gun was to chamber it in 10mm, and it has become my daily carry gun. The serial number for it reflects his rank, initials, and the year he was commissioned.

in my opinion everything has a price . there is nothing in my collection i wouldnt get rid of for the right money.
of course some of my stuff will command more of a premium than others..

The Browning 12ga auto with the Gold trigger my Dad gave me for my 14th birthday was what I was going to say but then I remembered in the back of the safe is my son's pellett rifle if I had to sell all but one that would be the one I would keep.

For me it will be the first gun I Purchased. Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 ga., 28"vr, fixed modified choke. Paid $89.00 for it almost 40 years ago at a local gun shop. I remember it like it was yesterday, The man behind the gun counter said;
"kid pay the extra $14.00 for the vent rib barrel model,you won't regret it!" That's right, a plain barrel model was $75.00, back in the day.
He also said "it will probally outlast both of us,when it came to reliablity of service" I think he was Right. Still have it! Paid twice as much for a Factory Remington Rem Choke Barrel. Worth Every Penny! It will still shoot pretty much anything I feed it! I still have my first handgun, a S&W Model 27, Rare 5" barrel,in the wood presentation case. Just something about the sound of the Racking Action of the Old 870's, and the Feel & Look of those Old N Frames. Just Can't Get Enough Of Them! Memories That Last Forever!! Thanks Dad for letting me buy my 1st gun!!!

One of the only guns my Dad left to me, a Swedish Mauser, one of the REAL shorties, forget the model number but kinda rare. Total sentimental value. Oh yeah and I gotta add the first rifle I ever purchased a Remington model 700 BDL in 30-06, bought it back around 81-82.

As long as I am around this one will never be sold and will be passed down to my oldest son and he wont sell it either. I will leave instructions with him that it is to be passed down to my first grandson who is now 1 yr old.

I shot it because I thought it was the right thing to do and will tell my son and grandson to also.

It is my Dad's Model of 1905 (he would have been 91 today).

xnvl0n.jpg

The only thing I got from my grandfather when he passed. His trusty 870. Wingmaster. Lots of great memories from a great man.

I didn't have any passed down so don't laugh when i say my trusty Glock 22. Won't sell it and will fight to the death to keep it. It's the first hand gun i ever owned and ive put thousands of rounds through it, carried it on duty, and used it in tactical entries. It would be like selling my hand, god knows enough of my blood has gone into the slide to be a part of my body. It will probably be in my ISW holster and tucked inside my dress blue trousers when i die.

probably my SKS sniper with 2-35X56mm countersniper, and green beam laser, bayonet and 3 foot monopod shoe goo'd, 550 cord sling and ACI attached to the scope via bailing wire.....

oh and also my original M1A1 Paratrooper, completely original high wood, first run. Safe queen but will never sell, will get handed down to my son.

Mine is a 1950's Bruno mod 2, as the 3rd generation in my family to own it is now battered and bruised (chipped stock and no blueing left on it)but still shoots great, one day I'll give it some love and repair the stock as well as blue/paint
it.

A G43 8mm my dad traded a farmer a b29 tire for his john deer & a colt 32 20 that my dad would shoot the the pig in the forehead while I held the hog still by the ear. I trusted that man more than any other. Also 2 colt AR-15,s I bought when my son was very young one now given to him

For me, there are two. One is my Colt Gold Cup National in Stainless and my AIAW 308.

My early build DS Arms FAL and the Sig226 that I wade rivers with while flyfishing.

My 1903A3 given to me by a WWII vet who fought at Anzio. He instructed me that I could never sell it, but I could give it away as a gift. Yes sir!