• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Beepy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2008
The Northwest Mountains
So, I have seen the threads on heavy ass rifles for hunting. Just finished mine today, and will start the load development tomorrow.

Savage 110 FCPK in 300WM
Stockade Prairie Dog stock
Stockade DMB
Weaver 3-15 tactical
Burris XTR lows
EGW 20MOA base
Harris 9-13

I pulled the receiver apart, chased the treads, squared the locking lugs, installed a ground recoil lug, re headspaced to minimum. Bedded the stock (still like JB weld best!) and scope base.

300wm1.jpg

I have decided to call her the pig.

I have been practicing with a similar rifle in 308, and now will transition to the larger caliber, as long shots are the norm on Elk where I'm at. I am lucky and have a range on my land that goes to 300 yards and am a 5 min 4 wheeler ride from an area where we can shoot out to 1200.

Was able to stock up on 208 grain Amax's on the Midway Blem sale, so if any one has a "secret" recipe for them in 300WM let me know!

Taking a break from the heat, thought I would share! (and working on my 100 posts to sell stuff in the classifieds of course!
smile.gif