• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Precision Unloaded podcast - from New Zealand

Dobermann

Regular Guy
Minuteman
May 28, 2020
Neverland
www.snipershide.com
Hi folks,

I'd like to introduce you to a much-underrated, newish precision rifle podcast, Precision Unloaded Podcast, by the guys from Taranaki Long Range Shooting in New Zealand.

It's on Podbean, and if I knew how to drive that, I might be able to post a link. Maybe someone else can.

I personally have nothing to do with it. Don't know the guys behind it, Graeme and Mark. Maybe one day I'll be cool enough, or uncool enough, depending on your perspective.

However, just as the Flight of the Conchords are New Zealand's fourth most popular comedy folk duo, Grame and Mark claim that Precision Unloaded is New Zealand's 37th most popular sports podcast. They might even be right.

Last I checked, they had a massive 22 subscribers. My hope is that this post might race them ahead to about 28.

Before you have a listen, you might need to understand some things about New Zealand, and New Zealand blokes in particular.

First, it's the land of understatement. For example, you'll often hear them talk about another Kiwi bloke called Ian. They describe him as "pretty good". By this, they mean he wins nearly all the matches here.

In their most recent episode, they did an after action report, where they talked about their crew "doing all right" at a shoot - from memory, they placed second, third, and fourth.

Second, NZ is still a bit stuck in the 1970s - so all of the grown women referred to in the podcast are "the girls" - as in, "The girls placed first and second, beating all the blokes at the match". Yeah, it's weird, but hey.

Third, NZ humour can be pretty subtle. Fortunately, Mark has a habit of snorting into the microphone almost every time he makes a joke, so at least you'll know what Graeme is laughing at, even if it doesn't make sense.

Anyway, give it a listen -

They're less manic than Frank - but, given how laid-back they are, you might wish they'd had a couple more mugs of tea.

They're less drunk than Dave B.

They're more prepared than that Kurt (Kirk?) guy - well, at least sometimes.

And they're both less mindful and less snipery than Phil and Caylen. Now, while that's not hard on either count, Phil's catchy "Keep your face on the gun" line pales in comparison to Grame's from Episode 18: "It's not always a shit gun; you're probably a shit shooter".

Enjoy!

(Oh, and while you're searching around on Podbean, also check out The Triggernometry Show, now found on "The Bloke Network of Shows" by Kerry Adams from Precision Shooter NZ. It's been going since 2017. and has some great interviews with Frank, Jacob, Caylen, and host of others. With 138 subs, Kerry is clearly an over-achiever from an NZ perspective ... but it's some of the most solid precision rifle podcast content out there and deserves your support.)

Reactions: NoDopes
If they're half as entertaining as Flight of the Conchords, it's probably worth watching.

Reactions: Dobermann
Will give it a listen.

Doberman have you listened to the Just F'n Send It podcast or Carnival Ballistics or Rifles Only Accuracy Podcast? All 3 are good and by fellow Hiders Blkwlfk9, Geno C and Jamie C, and Dthomas3523.

Will give it a listen.

Doberman have you listened to the Just F'n Send It podcast or Carnival Ballistics or Rifles Only Accuracy Podcast? All 3 are good and by fellow Hiders Blkwlfk9, Geno C and Jamie C, and Dthomas3523.

Yep, Jacob and Dave's Rifles Only podcast has become my favourite for good, solid content lately.

It's like going to precision rifle university in podcast land.

And then the Just F'n Send It is like going to the bar afterwards. Yin and yang, baby.

Will check out Carnival Ballistics - thanks for the heads up!

You guys are all liginds!

We've increased the followers of the Precision Unloaded podcast from 22 to 27.

Only one away from my personal stretch goal of 28. (And hey, it's not even my podcast.)

Will YOU be the one who makes a difference?

I know one of the new subs was Dave B from Just F'n Send It, so y'all be in good company ...

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
Do they talk about what a tyrannical cunt your Sheila prime minister is?

Just followed... Am I #28?!
Maybe ... I just chicked, and they now have a messive 29 subscribers.

So you're either 28 or 29.

Either way, you wun a virtual chocolate fush:

1631226071675.png

Reactions: J-Ham
Quote from Episode 23: "A muff used to be a small lady's purse. Now it's another kind of purse that ruins your life."

Or something like that ... Podbean broken when I went to-relisten so I could quote accurately ... A bit like old VHS cassette tapes that went wonky when you replayed the naughty bits as a teenager.

Anyway, find out what you're missing out on ... and get on over to the Precision Unloaded Podcast.

For everyone who posts here that they've subscribed, I'll give them a virtual Kiwi prize, just like @J-Ham above - every prize will be a different piece of Kiwiana.

Youse'll love it, I promise.

Next person to sub gets a pair of virtual jandals ... that's Kiwi for 'Japanese sandals' ... they're really nothing more than flip-flops, and probably made in China, with nothing to do with Japan ... but hey, they sound fancy. Or stupid.

Either way, they could be yours if you're subscriber number 30.

Oooh ... the anticipation.

PS The boys at the podcast are onto this thread. Let's post as much bullshut as possible to let them know they're loved ... almost as much as Flight of the Conchords.

Last edited:
Followed on Apple podcast.
LIGIND!

As promised, here's your pair of Jandals:

1631244711454.png

These ones are so famous, they were bought by our national museum.

No bullshut: https://blog.tepapa.govt.nz/2014/10/03/today-in-history-the-birth-of-the-jandal/

How many other national museums can boast they spent taxpayer's money on a pair of flip-flops, ay?

I bet Australia hasn't.

They just have chicks named Keitha:

Next person to post that they've subbed gets some virtual fush n chups.

Fuckun fush theme here, ay?

Reactions: Tokay444
fashion chaps.

kumera patch is real good. buncha kvnts at stent road.

remember trading some back steaks for a fish at the lighthouse while freedom camping.. good trade for me.

fashion chaps.

kumera patch is real good. buncha kvnts at stent road.

remember trading some back steaks for a fish at the lighthouse while freedom camping.. good trade for me.
Awesome stories, bro ...

But what really matters is ... did you subscribe?

If yes, I'll give you some virtual fush n chups, as well as more Keitha.

negative ghost rider. just here for the yarn and a couple chuckles

kiwi tucker ain't fit for a dag

The Precision Unloaded boys have just dropped another one, headed "Carbon Fibre for Hunting and Match Use?":

I'm 21 minutes in as I type this, and nothing on carbon fibre so far ... but you can't rush quality.

Quote of the podcast so far: "So then, just going to the February shoot ... so the mile - were you surprised that you ended up, you know, first equal on that day on the mile target?"

"Ah ... not really."

Don't forget, folks, post here that you've subscribed - on any platform - and you get a virtual piece of Kiwiana cheesiness. What will the next prize be?

Another day in New Zealand ...

1632177356082.png

At least the cops have a sense of humour to go to that effort for the photo shoot.

Now, who wants to be the next subscriber to Precision Unloaded?

Last I checked, we were up to 31 on Podbean ... whoever's next has the choice between virtual fush 'n' chups or some cold impounded KFC.

When I lived over there, I would often drive up north from Wellington along the coast and it seemed the closer I got to Whanganui, the more I'd see "Taranaki Hardcore" bumper stickers. I asked my wife about it, thinking it was a music scene.

Nope, surfers in Plymouth.

I followed just now

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Nik H wins the virtual impounded KFC found stashed in the boot (that's our word for trunk ... down here, trunks are underpants, and you wouldn't want to stash KFC in your undies ... well, at least not this much):

1632180685619.png

Remember kids, if you're going to drive around with $100 000 cash and try to Grand Theft Auto your way through a police road block, for goodness' sake, don't have a trunkfull of KFC to draw extra olfactory attention.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Nik H
Speight's...Emerson...Tuatara................................Garage Project
Dogtown - been meaning to reply to your first post about Taranaki Hardcore.

I first thought you were referring to the KFC cuzzies, but then realised you were talking about Taranaki Long Range Shooters ... sorry my green tea hadn't kicked in yet.

Yeah, I think 'Taranaki Hardcore Long Range Shooters', cool as that may sound, might attract the wrong kind of attention ...

So Graeme probably just needs to leave the 'being hardcore' schtick to the surfers ... and everyone else at Taranaki.

Oh happy days! The boyz have dropped another one:

Highlight of this episode is seeing just how pissweak all the excuses you Yanks have for tanking matches ...

Some crackers offered in this AAR include:
  • My trigger finger had Parkinson's
  • I practised too much.
  • I misunderestimated the chicken.
  • I recently gave up alcohol after years of heavy drinking!
Enjoy!

Next person to post that they subscribed gets their choice of prize - some virtual fush n chups, or more Keitha.

Woop woop!

The boyz have dropped another one:

Just listening now ... it starts with a 'jingle for the visually impaired' ... so you know it's going to be, err ... pretty good.

Hello everyone in the hemisphere for the gravitationally-challenged!

Sorry for the lack of updates; while I had a break posting, the boys kept pushing out NZ goodness: https://graemebishop1991.podbean.com/

The latest installment proves that NZ is still in the 1970s. with references to looking in Lithuanian girl's windows, and trying to hit on swingers.

As well as an AAR of a longer-range event, because co-host Mark was able to casually open a 1.5 km-long range on the back section of his farm.

Next person to post here that they've subbed to NZ's 37th most popular sports podcast gets more Keitha.

You can keep your Keithas, but the owners of my closest gun store are Kiwi’s. Dean and Tracey.

This thread needs more love.

The Precision Unloaded Podcast is probably the third most boring shooting podcast in the world, but covers the third most exciting shooting long-range shooting matches in the world.

If you're not listening, you're missing out.

Reactions: texastonk