• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Predator Tactical Lone Star Challenge

Re: The Predator Tactical Lone Star Challenge

Now that I've read my previous post I see that it might seem quite rude so I think I'll clarify that statement. What I should have said is that I doubt that a 223 would be very competitive at this particular match. Therefore, you probably wouldn't have a really good time. I know you are more than welcome to come watch.

Dustin

Me and my larue could try. 1100 is a stretch but can't blaim a fella for trying.

I might have to come watch, but I sure do like pulling the trigger and hearing steel ring. I guess this means I just need to start putting another rifle together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_P</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1100 yds with 5.56 would be something to see!! </div></div>
Iirc and I think I saw it on here, a gentleman in England tied the 1000 yard world record score with a .223. Wish I could have been there to see that!
I also shoot .223 in 600 yard competitions and hold my own. I plan to make a trip to the 1000 yard range in Mississippi to stretch it out.
However, I plan to shoot this competition with something else.

I don't think Kevin wants any Auto loaders due to multiple transitioning stages with clearing issues and safety respects, one could do it effectively with lots of mags loaded appropriately however this match favors bolt guns and is preferred by the MD. Not saying there is an exclusion just a strong preference at this point.

Emails were sent out this morning to all competitors and those on the wait list. If you did not get one and feel you should have, please PM me. Thanks

Kevin

Payment sent. This'll be a great match.

Payment sent. See y'all there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Payment sent. See y'all there. </div></div>

Lucks, apparently hell has frozen over because I've gone 260...it'll be fun to not let you beat me this time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Payment sent. See y'all there. </div></div>

Lucks, apparently hell has frozen over because I've gone 260...it'll be fun to not let you beat me this time.
</div></div>

Pipes,

I'm RO'n and can be bought cheap! That way you know you will beat Lucks

Mick

Mick if your RO'n can I borrow your gun again? Just kidden, they say they will have my scope back by then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Payment sent. See y'all there. </div></div>

</div></div>

Finally! I was starting to lose hope that I could convince you to do it.

b755fed8.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See you guys there. Lucks, youre going down. </div></div>

See you there Pirtle....
One spot behind me!

Very nice Rich and Kevin, maybe we will get past that 1000 yard barrier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpha 01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its up side down</div></div>

It is harder to shoot from that way!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are going to love the new tower.
Expect some long shots fellers!
b6c40c43.jpg
</div></div>

Hey Rich if Geordie is building that tower let him know that it is shorter then the last one he built.
cool.gif

Hey Rich,

I am working on it but have not succeeded yet. I know Rick & one or two more are trying to get in as well.

Dean-o

26 stages planned and laid out... Testing to follow. I hope it is hard as it looks.. cuz it looks F'n hard!
Looking at 180 Max round count bring 200, Following the match we will have the top PRS shooters enter a Side Match and we will have a single elimination PRS shoot-off for cash or Prize.
We are debating on doing a calcutta for the Top 15 shooters on the Second Day. This shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes to complete and should still attract alot of money. Let me know what you guys think. Of course this would require that the competiton is still close at this point.

We will have times narowed down in a few weeks but our plan is to have you ready to go out the gate by 3pm Sunday.

Be ready to sweat in December
crazy.gif
, and if it's muddy... be prepared to be covered in mud
smile.gif

Just a word of caution ---Muzzle discipline will be strickly enforced with right and left limits any sweep outside limits will result in a Stage Zero or DQ. More details on that later just have it on your mind.

Emails are being sent out if you haven't paid, we got 15 on the waitng list ready to be filled.

All PRS Rules will be in force.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really looking forward to coming out west and meeting you guys.</div></div>

You will have a great time......there will be some good people and good shooters there.....

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26 stages planned and laid out... Testing to follow. I hope it is hard as it looks.. cuz it looks F'n hard!</div></div>

Are the targets small and far that makes it difficult? Lots of positional stages? Lots of run & gun with short times that will be a killer?

You can tell us that much...just trying to determine which rifle to bring!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26 stages planned and laid out... Testing to follow. I hope it is hard as it looks.. cuz it looks F'n hard!</div></div>

Are the targets small and far that makes it difficult? Lots of positional stages? Lots of run & gun with short times that will be a killer?

grin.gif

</div></div>

Just might want to bring your best stick that you don't mind getting a little dirty! The 100 yard paper puncher won't be of much value. Long shots out to 1100 will have to knock down Larues and Spindrift targets. If you are plan on bringing little BB's, you might want to reconsider. That's all you get for now.

Remember, 6mm to 30 cal limited to 3100 fps. We are likely to do some profiling in determining which sticks get to go to the chrono!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Animal</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">26 stages planned and laid out... Testing to follow. I hope it is hard as it looks.. cuz it looks F'n hard!</div></div>

grin.gif

</div></div>

Just might want to bring your best stick that you don't mind getting a little dirty! The 100 yard paper puncher won't be of much value. Long shots out to 1100 will have to knock down Larues and Spindrift targets. If you are plan on bringing little BB's, you might want to reconsider. That's all you get for now.

Remember, 6mm to 30 cal limited to 3100 fps. We are likely to do some profiling in determining which sticks get to go to the chrono!

</div></div>

Thanks Kevin.

I'll get my 308 Win ready with 240 SMK's since they have a high BC and push them hard at 2350 fps. That should work at the 1100 yard targets!
laugh.gif

You guys are in for TRUE Shooter's Competition if your coming out to "The Ranch". I'm excited I get to see how Tuff it's gonna be this weekend.
We are working on few extra things to make it go off without a hitch. One thing you can count on is there will be lots of shooting, with your rifle, at every distance from 100yds to 1200 yds, All on highly reactive steel, you will know what every stage is worth before you shoot it, scoring will be fair, balanced and transparent. This will be a true kickoff to what we hope PRS events are all about!!

I cannot wait. This is the perfect starting match to the season. Look forward to seeing all you guys again.

I'm pumped, my furthest shot is 1075. That was with my .308 back at 3 mils right!

Can't wait to get this one on the books. The Rifle Ranch is a great venue, and this match looks to be full of good shooters. Definitely time to bring the "A" game.

My new rifle should make it to me by Wednesday and I hope to have it ready for this match. I'm sure Kevin and Rich have some very challenging stages for us!

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My new rifle should make it to me by Wednesday and I hope to have it ready for this match. I'm sure Kevin and Rich have some very challenging stages for us!

Dustin</div></div>

Maybe we will come up with some 30 round barrel burners just to break in that new stick!

If anybody is evil enough to do that it would be you for sure. I can hear it now "you have 90 seconds to fire 30 rounds at targets from 300 to 1200 yards". I'll see you soon Boss.

Dustin

Cant wait, im really looking forward to playing in Texas. How warm is it this time of year? Promise i will leave the snow in my yard
smile.gif

Is a 115gr bullet at just under 3100fps enough to knock down your targets? What is the steel calibrated with?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anybody is evil enough to do that it would be you for sure. I can hear it now "you have 90 seconds to fire 30 rounds at targets from 300 to 1200 yards". I'll see you soon Boss.

Dustin</div></div>

90 seconds would be too long!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant wait, im really looking forward to playing in Texas. How warm is it this time of year? Promise i will leave the snow in my yard
smile.gif

Is a 115gr bullet at just under 3100fps enough to knock down your targets? What is the steel calibrated with?</div></div>

Hmmm... Texas in December.... Might be 40 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. Or again, it might be 80 in the morning and 40 in the afternoon. Be prepared for dust or LOTS of mud if it rains between now and then. Don't think your snow will make it here, but you never know!

Hey Boss you forgot to answer Glenns question about will his 115 at 3100 knock down your steel. I sure hope so because that's more than I'm bringing.

Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dustin Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Boss you forgot to answer Glenns question about will his 115 at 3100 knock down your steel. I sure hope so because that's more than I'm bringing.

Dustin</div></div>

If you are shooting those little bb's,you may want to stack 2 of them in each round....

We are calibrating all targets for 6mm, 105's at somewhere less than 3100 fps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you guys aint gonna hit shit anyway!!! ha ha... this shit is evil!</div></div>

Don't let Rich scare you. I made him throw out all of the 1/4 moa targets!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you guys aint gonna hit shit anyway!!! ha ha... this shit is evil!</div></div>

Don't let Rich scare you. I made him throw out all of the 1/4 moa targets!
</div></div>

Why? The internet commandos would have cleaned every stage with their 1/4 moa guns!